Tfw you're franchise has just signed the face of their franchise, has 100 mil in cap space, and a top ten draft pick

>tfw you're franchise has just signed the face of their franchise, has 100 mil in cap space, and a top ten draft pick

Remember when your team basically tanked your pick from top 2 to 10?

Kek remember when we fleeced the bears?

>Highest paid player in the NFL
>Hasn't even played a full season
>Ruined our draft
>Being this delusional

Jesus Christ, how can any fan not see this as a fucking disaster waiting to happen? This team is going to rot for another fucking decade, FUCK!

>nobody succeeds after paying the QB
>do that first

You'll win useless "X of the Year" awards, just like the Rams did, like the Cardinals did before, and the Colts did before that
You'll still play in Santa Clara, you'll still be owned by Jed, you'll still suck

All three of those teams didn't have a HoF qb like Garoppolololol tho. Once the Rams got a decent qb they destroyed their division. 49ers bout to 6 peat

Bro the cap is expanding. We have 100 mil in space rn. It's the biggest ever strictly because of inflation of the market. How do brainlets not know this?

>Sign Jarvis Landry
>Sign Terrell Pryor Snr.
>Sign Trey Burton
Mah Gawd think of the offense

>All this Seahawk damage control

>Rams sat their starters to tank a seed only to get BTFO by a shitty Failcons team and let Brian Hoyer of all fucking QBs hang 39 on them
>Seahawks still don't have an O-Line and don't have the cap to pay for one
>Cardinals still irrelevant

49ers coming for that ass whether you like it or not.

Oh ok cool, so a wildly overpaid unproven QB, and then 100 million to patch up literally every single fucking position on the rest of the team because it is hot garbage

Get your head out of your ass, they have a long way to go to rebuild into anything other than the perennial divisional joke

I am a Niners fan you fucking faggot, just not a retarded one

Stop being racist.

>just not a retarded one

No, you clearly are the retarded one.

>Massive contract signed
>THIS IS AUTOMATICALLY A GOOD THING!

Sorry who is retarded?

>left went 6-0 last 6 starts
>right went 1-5 last 6 starts

>Most of the o line good
>Safeties good
>D line good
>RB pretty good
>Need a lb
>Need a corner
>Need a wr
Pretty comfy
False flagging faggot

>wins as a stat

stop

Cousins pls

How many games did kaep win? How many garbage time possessions were those stats derived from?

>Italians
>White

>Massive contract signing in a salary cap increase year

His deal is going to be the new norm by next season.

Hell, Derek Carr got 125 million and he has a losing record against playoff teams.

>dissenting views are always false flaggers

Or people with rational thought who realize that it's just as likely that he'll throw 6 picks in his next 2 games as win (barely) another 5 games in a row, 2 of which came from division last placers and one of which came against the rams who sat their starters

This is going to be a god damn nightmare to witness

I of course sincerely hope you are right, but haave some realistic expectations of what is about to happen.

If you are right, his contract isn't even that great and he is a mediocre QB anyway, so stop pretending this is some kind of god send

>This is going to be a god damn nightmare to witness

So the 49ers should've just let him walk, right? What's the alternative you were hoping for here?

If it turns into a nightmare, it would've also been a nightmare if they had him playing on the franchise tag. And do you really think this team is going to find another answer at QB if he flounders under the franchise tag and the 49ers have a blank slate at QB next offseason?

I was hoping to keep him, but not for 5 fucking years with record setting money

>Keep up with the Cards and Seahawks in their arenas with Brian Hoyer starting at QB

If the Cards don't sign a decent QB and the Seahawks can't sign a half decent QB

>We get a franchise QB that very player on the team loves him, plays better for him, and we got him for kibbles and bits when the Browns were willing to trade 1st round picks

It literally is a godsend, you faggot.

>I was hoping to keep him, but not for 5 fucking years with record setting money

So, basically, you don't understand the quarterback market. If you have a guy worth paying, that's the kind of contract you're going to have to give him.

Even guys like Blake Bortles are going to cash in on this market. What was starting money 5 years ago gets you a guy like Blake Bortles.

>$137.5M
>$90M guarenteed
>kibbles and bits

The only way he regresses is if they don't surround him with sufficient talent, especially at wr, but I don't see that happening
You're fucking retarded. IT'S NOT THAT MUCH MONEY IN COMPARISON TO CAP SPACE. EVERY NEW CONTRACT WILL BE THE BIGGEST EVER BECAUSE THE CAP IS THE BIGGEST EVER. ITS AN EXPANDING CAP JUST LIKE BASKETBALL NOW. HOLY MOLY YOU ARE THICK.

Only 74 mil is guaranteed.

>Still have over 90 million in cap space

This was a good move no matter how you try to warp it, you colossal faggot.

Either sign him, franchise tag him and sign him down the line for even more money, or let him walk. They chose the smartest of the 3.

Plus this deal with be the market average for a QB when Kirk Cousins and Aaron Rodgers get their future deals.

Uhh, that is a completely incorrect statement, I don't know what else to say

Look it up, I don't have any interest in talking to you further about it

JIMMY GAROPPOLO IS NEITHER KIRK COUSINS OR AARON RODGERS YOU FUCKING IDIOT!

Those are two tippity toppest PROVEN QBs god damn it, that is exactly my point

Jimmy Garoppolo is HOPEFULLY a good quarterback, but, again, 5 wins, 2 against pure garbage, 1 against a team sitting starters. It's a move, but you just cannot say that this was the smartest move, jesus

>Cousins
>tippity toppest proven qb

Kirk Cousins was an MVP favorite last season, or is your memory that short

Jimmy G is better than Kirk Cousins.

>Kirk Cousins
>The tippity toppest of anything other than mediocrity.

At least Aaron Rodgers has proven he can lead a pile of shit deep into the postseason.

>The one fucking time the Redskins made the playoffs with Cousins under helm, they were a wildcard bounce
>Even then, the Redskins went 9-7 in a year where the NFC East overall was shit

Proven QB my fucking ass.

WE'LL SEE

(I hope you're right)

So you credit Rodgers with leading pile of shit teams past their natural ability but not Cousins, ok

When has Kirk Cousins ever taken anything to a deep postseason run by the strength of his own talents? He's never made it past the wildcard round.

Guess who he got bounced by? You're gonna get a laugh out of this... It was Aaron fucking Rodgers.

When did this turn into a debate over who is a better quarterback? Fuck off you idiot

Right around

>JIMMY GAROPPOLO IS NEITHER KIRK COUSINS OR AARON RODGERS YOU FUCKING IDIOT!
>Those are two tippity toppest PROVEN QBs god damn it, that is exactly my point

What has Kirk Cousins proven other than he's a mediocre stopgap QB?

>Hillary Clinton was a presidential favorite 2 years ago

How did that work out for her or is your memory that short?

Saying that Kirk Cousins and Aaron Rodgers are two top tier QBs is not the same as saying that Kirk Cousins is a better QB than Aaron Rodgers, are you fucking serious right now?

Who said you said that?

>Those are two tippity toppest PROVEN QBs god damn it, that is exactly my point

What has Kirk Cousins proven other than that's he's a mediocre at best QB?

Also Cousins has a career 97.6 QB rating as a starter over three full seasons, I'd say that's pretty fucking good, wouldn't you?

You equated Kirk Cousins with Aaron Rodgers, that's laughable.

Kirk Cousins is more similar to Alex Smith than Aaron Rodgers.

The only thing Kirk Cousins is better at than Aaron Rodgers is throwing picks.

>Signed a QB that didn't even start last year to the biggest contract ever
Good idea

I'm not the one who brought them both up in the same sentence in the first place ffs

That's not equating them. Regardless of how any of us feels, Kirk Cousins and Aaron Rodgers are gonna get fucking paid.

Jimmy's deal is crazy now, but it'll be market average once QBs like Kirk and Rodgers get paid and the TV deals raise the salary cap.

How is that wrong?

It's this faggot

Someone else brought them both up in the same sentence while referring to contracts, if you are going to ASSUME I was saying that they are both equally talented QBs, something I never said once, you can ASSUME they meant the same thing

This is the stupidest argument of all time, go kill yourself