youtube.com/watch?v=CMrFCwYAZxE
imdb.com/title/tt0080832/
dailymotion.com/video/x20kc3y_guyana-crime-of-the-century_shortfilms
youtube.com/watch?v=ywkaLCwfuJM&t=4292s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>that audio recording
Quite disturbing

There are a few movies about Jonestown.

I would've loved to write a screenplay regarding Jonestown and the events leading up to it.

Ideally, I would cast Vincent D'onofrio as Jones.

Link?

What's stopping you from writing a screenplay, [friend]?

youtube.com/watch?v=CMrFCwYAZxE

I tried, but I lost the original when my other HD crashed and I'm pretty terrible at structure.

It started off opening with a sermon delivered by Jones when the People's Temples was in San Fran right before they moved to Guyana and then it was to follow the senator's trip to Jonestown and everything that happened.

The credits were going to have single shots of people holding up "I believe in Jim Jones" signs, to mimic the actual photos of such people.

Also, I'm lazy.

imdb.com/title/tt0080832/

>they're not crying because of the pain, they're crying because it's bitter

>life without me has no meaning
>retards clap
JESUS FUCKIG CHRIST

you plebs

dailymotion.com/video/x20kc3y_guyana-crime-of-the-century_shortfilms

Directed by René Cardona Jr Guayna Crime of the century/Cult of the damned 1979

yeah but check this cast

this is so bad and pleb bro

this is the good one by Renè Cardona jr

youtube.com/watch?v=ywkaLCwfuJM&t=4292s

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii really wanna go out

>White alert! White alert! White alert! The mercenaries are here. Our patrols have spotted them in the jungle. Quick, drink the potion. They've come to kill us. Quick, drink the wine. Drink the wine! They'll be here with flamethrowers. Drink! Drink! In a few seconds you'll feel drowsy. You'll lie down and go to sleep, sleep forever.

haha

this movie is decent enough and is heavily inspired by jim jones

The Sacrament is basically the same thing only with different names and Vice

>that bumbling gas station attendant got so freaked out by chigur he went and formed a cult

He stopped putting it up his whole life.

>the master doesn't count
>a movie that has literally nothing to do with jim jones or jonestown doesn't count

No shit.

your mom doesnt count

Yeah, no shit. Of course she doesn't.

yeah thats right she doesnt

That's right, she doesn't.

this is shit for plebs

yeah like i said YOUR MOM does not count and is blameless and cannot be faulted in any way

thats exactly right

Yeah, no shit. And water is wet. You want a medal, retard?

your mom deserves a medal

For what?

for raising an excellent human being worthy of respect and praise, you fucking dumb piece of shit

t. brainlet

Why would you disrespect me after saying I'm worthy of respect?

ask your sainted mom, great guy whom i'd actually like to apologize to for my previous post

Well, you're forgiven then.

I had a religion professor in college who insisted that cult conditioning could 'happen to anyone' and used Jonestown as an example.

But then you read the letters and listen to the people involved and most are not only failures, but also stupid as shit.

Cults are usually based off of the weakness/submissive nature of the people in them. Someone that is charismatic/manipulative takes advantage of this and hijinks ensue.

Most people are stupid as shit

Your mom isn't

You're in the cult of Sup Forums, buddy.

Thanks

No im not. Nice dubs btw.

Then just leave.

Do it dude (or chick). Liking the casting choice. Vince would be scary and alpha as fuck behind the sunglasses.

how come i only know him through movies?

Nice mom (seriously, nice mom)

Cause you're underage.

So is your mom, or at least she looks so.

Thanks

>51 posts
>16 IPs

Really makes you think

We're seeing the real life version with Trump, OP.

t. list 3 parallels beyond cult. theres the part where they all move to guyana and kill a senator so just come up with one more

Manson and company more interesting desu

Your mother is who's really more interesting. No, honestly, what a fascinating lady.

opposite

Thanks

Nice one reddit. If anything Bernie was the closest to Jones but he couldn't even convince his voters to get behind Hillary let alone kill themselves.

Cinema Snob reviewed a movie about Jonestown though. It was an 80s or 90s B movie.

>mah boi

I think this is what the Snob reviewed.

I would have voted for either of them if they could have pulled that off

The alt-right is the cult of Sup Forums.

this peace is what all true warriors strive for

So is... I don't want to say who, but she's a really nice woman

is that bra drawn on?

I find details of Manson's charismatic personality and his background/years of development more interesting than any of the crimes attributed to him and his associates. The Family seemed to operate less like a cult and more like a gang of vagrants and criminals, which is still interesting enough to read about.

The media coverage of him has always been terrible and hyperbolic, which is a shame for him, because I think he's an interesting psychological case study in and of himself. The weird satanic cult angle is nonsensical and unwarranted.

My personal favorite cult story is that of Aum Shinrikyo and its leader, Shoko Asahara. Certainly the most bizarre and fun to read about, and probably the most ambitious. I wish there were more English-language media covering it in detail.

it does a complete disservice to the source material

idiot

I bet being in a cult in the 70s was pretty fucking comfy.

And even like Manson had chicks and music and just generally it seemed like a pretty good time while you prepared for the blacks to take over.