Who would best portray The Judge from Blood Meridian if they made a movie?

Who would best portray The Judge from Blood Meridian if they made a movie?

Go 20 years back in time and shave John Goodman's head. Alternately, resurrect Philip Seymour Hoffman and shave his head.

Don't you think John Goodman could pull it off today? Full Marlon Brando style?

>Go 20 years back in time and shave John Goodman's head.

John Goodman looks better now than he did 20 years ago

i think so too

I guess he could, now that I look at some recent pictures. I'd always thought he was about 10 or 15 years than he actually is. The Judge definitely couldn't be too old to hold his own in a fight, he has to be physically intimidating to people who murder Indians for a living

An unknown who roughly fits the physical description of Judge Holden.

That said, as inevitable as an adaptation of Blood Meridian is, I don't think it would work. The atrocities in that book couldn't really be depicted without it either being trimmed down or ending up seeming gratuitous.

Weirdly enough, I think the book would make for a better video game than it would a short series or film.

I haven't finished Blood Meridian but that first scene when he fucks up the priest is just so malevolent and chilling, he doesn't even do anything physical but it sets him up perfectly as a creepy mofo and John Goodman could definitely hit that note.

Jessie Eisenbergur

He's tall and he has played intimidating characters
He also has an intimidating voice
I don't know what he would look like if he was bald tho

true that

>I don't know what he would look like if he was bald tho

Brah, his most well known villain role has him bald, unless you mean these days.

>his most well known villain role has him bald
He wasn't bald in Carnivale or Shawshank

David Brown should be played by Ben foster

Call me crazy, but I think he could do it.

Glenn Jacobs aka Kane from WWE. If only he could act though. I totally don't see John Goodman as Holden.

I like this. I think Michael Shannon would make a great Glanton.

Absolutely shit taste. John Goodman is great because he can be funny and scary at the same time. It's not just about having a huge, scary dude. The Judge is philosophically scary, not just physically

Ok, maybe i was just thinking about the physical aspect of the Judge. Don't get me wrong, I love John Goodman, amazing actor but I just don't see him as the Judge. I just picture a different actor playing him, bot physically and philosophically.