13 Reasons Why

So, I keep hearing how great this is, but I only hear it from people who think Suicide Squad is good.

I need to know if I should give it a watch, or should leave it alone.

So I ask, is 13 Reasons Why a good watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XWGbgUJaSSE?t=2m
youtube.com/watch?v=KtlgYxa6BMU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First episode was solid. Give it a try

What about the rest?

As a person who's been personally moved by the suicides of two close friends, it's not very moving for me because I've went through it firsthand. I sympathize with the parents and Clay, but not the rest. If you know about suicide it's not worth your time.

However, if you haven't been personally affected by suicide, i.e. had thoughts about it or lost someone to it, it's a worthwhile show to kind of gain some perspective on the issue.

I do hate how they kind of promote the whole rape culture narrative thing though, especially in the Behind the Scenes thing. Accused rapists have rights, and while I sympathize with the victims, I also stand with the rule of law and the Bill of Rights.

The counselor did do a shitty job though.

>So, I keep hearing how great this is, but I only hear it from people who think Suicide Squad is good.

Are you just making shit up?

This girl has a fucked up shape, doesn't she?

Me, I loved it, but then again I tend to love teenage girl shows.
From a critical perspective, Hannah was a dislikable person from the start, most of the tapes excluding about 2 were actually a good reason to kill herself, the rest was just petty shit that she blamed everyone but herself for.
The editing and acting were outstanding, and the MC is cute.
But it's not for everyone, I'll say that.

I think the point of the tapes are that all of them were a snowball affect until the last one (no spoiler). That being said, the show is so fucking stupid.

i knew i recognized clay from somewhere. its jacks son from lost

Its shit if you have a brain. Honestly, everyone acts so unrealistically and I'm pretty sure they made everyone as annoying as possible. Not one character you can relate with (besides Tony).

Thanks mate

OP

I have depression so...

No

It has some problems but I liked it.

It's hard to follow from episode because the plot jumps around so much, it gets dragged out in parts and I did not find the very end satisfying even though the last few episodes were very good.

No worries m8.

Gave it a go after everyone kept praising it but holy fuck was it a chore. You walk away from the show thinking "Why didn't she just...." or "Why didn't he just...". This applies to all characters by the way. Not one person in this whole show could make you think "You know what? I would have done the same thing" (besides Tony again).

Sounds like Hell

OP

any examples? I watched the whole show and never felt that way about any of the characters except maybe Hannah once or twice

It's trash

Shit show for moody teenage girls

I liked it actually. It gets really good at the end and by the time I finished it I felt like it was something that was worth watching, at least. It had some good moments and if you can't relate to the characters at least you can make fun of them.

youtu.be/XWGbgUJaSSE?t=2m

Not him but I felt that way about a lot of the decisions they made. I would try to name some but I can't remember the plot of the first 6 episodes even though I watched it 2 days ago.

>Clay going about things in the most autistic way ever
>Justin not doing shit about Bryce earlier or even that night
>Jessica believing known shit-heads
>Hannah being an attention-seeking crybaby about everything
>Porter doing everything but his job
>shithead teenagers acting like they're criminal masterminds

I could go on but I've already forgotten most of the show.

Life is Strange: the show

I felt like everything you mentioned was actually pretty reasonable when considering the situations those characters are put in. The show explains most of the points you mentioned and I honestly think they make sense all things considered

I would honestly go to a therapist. They really do help.

youtube.com/watch?v=KtlgYxa6BMU

It's not good per se, but it is addictive.

Jeff was best boy. hannah was one of the biggest cunts ever. Justin did nothing wrong and neither did Zach. that's all I have to say about it.

>Jeff was best boy

True

>Justin did nothing wrong

He didn't prevent his girlfriend from being raped.

> neither did Zach

Zach and Hannah were both in the wrong here, Zach didn't deserve to be lambasted publicly by her for saying something wrong, he genuinely was trying to be nice.

It was very petty of him to steal her notes, however

>Hannah was one of the biggest cunts ever

Somewhat agree. The fact that she lead Clay to believe he had done something wrong, and including him on the tapes at all was a cunt move. She inflicted severe emotional torment on the one person who genuinely cared about her

Poor Clay... fuck I felt so bad for him. he had no clue how to react to any of it. morale of the story: women are manipulative bitches.

taken 2 soon

Agreed. If they didn't enjoy it, they didn't enjoy it but they fail to back it up with objective reasons.

I'd recommend it. Outside of its weak finale trying to set up future plots if it's picked up again it was really good storytelling.

Yeah the finale sucked. I'm so sick of the white nerd school shooter meme