[helpfully rolls pool balls towards U!] :D

[helpfully rolls pool balls towards U!] :D

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5S8pMy5IG4
youtube.com/watch?v=8Dd_qiuWxPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks ray

Shit I loved this movie, it was anime as fuck.

It was more Euro sci-fi comic to me which anime wishes it was.

Kek. Bruce Willis cracked me up more anything. The perfect straightman to all the wacky shit that keeps getting thrown at him.

Makes sense from Besson

I only saw the cliches of anime when I was young from the boy girls meet when grill falls from sky to the power of love wins.
It's full of animu references, maybe there were Euro sci-fi on it too but I was young, didn't know about Euro Sci-fi when I was young.

>RANX

My fucking nigger.

agreed
Lots of familiar tropes come from comics and stories of 60's,70's and 80's which are then adapted by manga artists to suit their readers tastes. To me the US takes it's sci-fi way to seriously from 2001 to Star Trek where Europeans have a little more fun with things like Brazil or HitchhikersG2tG.

>you will never participate in an orgy cage match

I have this urge to download the entire run of Heavy Metal magazine. I sure miss it.

I actually just did that last week. Even their goofier entries are great.

>those pics
Now I see it and get it, man why there are no more movies like 5th element these days?

KORBEEEEEEEEN DALLAS!

Vaughn Bode influenced Bakshi's work in a big way. I'm jelly user.

Lightning in a bottle I guess. Best casting, best practical effects, not too much CGI mixed with great practical effects. Style up the ass with gradual build up of pacing. True masterpiece.
I guess anything that tries to match it will be inevitably compared to it and will be found lacking.

>They are black and, therefore, have no rights.

Fucking kek

is that shoenice?

The part that always gets me is when Ruby Rhod is describing the aliens to the President and his aides on the radio, its something like "They're bald, and ugly with big foreheads....and they stink!" and the General just turns and really matter-of-factly says "Mangalores" like Rhod's brief description was all that was needed.

What was up with the chocolate sauce running down the dudes head when he was nervous? The fuck was that?

fuck ya

youtube.com/watch?v=c5S8pMy5IG4

>Funniest scenes

This is a great question, because it reminds me both of a visceral visual element that I've seen on many occasions (an important filmic element), yet I've also never actually seen it discussed.

Basically, the world of the Fifth Element is a world of high fashion. So people put on makeup and outfits and look just right. Accordingly, Zorg (Gary Oldman), the character you're referring to, wears this poncey Kefka-esque* colorful villain outfit, which fits his flamboyant, powerful station as a big shot art dealer. Zorg, an old southern gentleman, must wear a lot of pomade for that 'do of his.

But like most anybody, the logic of the story has it that even Zorg answers to somebody: in this case, the not-well-explained, totalizing evil of the big asteroid-thing (Mr. Shadow) which means to destroy earth. Being in direct contact with this being makes Zorg understandably extremely nervous. When nervous, people sweat. They sweat off their pomade and hair-dyes and such, and more rapidly when half one's dome is under a stylish plastic dome-thing, which is exactly the case with Zorg. Imagine a woman's eye makeup running after a night of partying, crying, or general duress. Same thing.

Obviously, the running hair-color also helpfully suggests bleeding, particularly a bad sort of bleeding: a head wound, like somewhere deep down inside, Zorg knows that what he is doing is wrong, or his ultimate comeupppance is foreshadowed. These are great filmic qualities of the strange "fluid" which isn't exactly grievous blood, but which obviously connotes same in context.

*I feel a real accomplishment at having turned the stale "Kafkaesque" chestnut toward a usage which validly describes the look and aesthetic of the Zorg character, in terms of another comparable villain which Sup Forums users are likely to at least be aware of. The Joker would seem to be of a piece with these characters, in that all are written as flashy and sometimes humorous.

Wow. Thank you. I've wondered what it was for years now

Zorg was caught between a rock and a hard place. My take on the character is the he personally enjoyed the benefits of amorality/nihilism while at the same time not accepting the underpinning direction that such a philopsophy ultimately leads to.

Basically he wanted to enjoy the benefits of being evil without society, and by implication the universe as a whole, becoming so evil that it becomes a hell-pit or is ultimately destroyed. Basically he wanted everyone else to be good while he enjoyed the benefits of being evil....

*rubs hands avariciously.....*

>>/pol

Is there a reason you chose an American comic panel here?

this thread is

SUPERGREEN

bad

bad

Geof Darrow's art style is influenced by his collaboration with French artist Moebius who with Jodorowsky made a sci-fi graphic novel called "The Incal" which was seeded by concepts from Jky's aborted "Dune" project.
Coincidentally, Moebius and Jodorwosky sued Luc Besson for borrowing graphic and story elements for the 5th Element, which they lost.

Talk about 6 degrees of seperation.

Now I have to read "The Incal" now.

Worst post ever

Requiem Vampire Knight adaptation WHEN?

How the fuck is it possible that a lot of people hate this movie?

Do they, or is that just what RT would have you believe?

I still don't get the overhyped love from Spaniards and Italians for Ranxerox. I guess you must have really lived it during its publication to appreciate it.

Same goes to soem degree for Andrea Pazienzia's "Zanardi".

I thought "evil sith powers are making him bleed" and called it a day.

Mooltipaz

Seen this from time to time. Still in 1979, but I'll get there one of these days. Looks amazing.

>people bleed black sludge, not dark or bright red

youtube.com/watch?v=8Dd_qiuWxPs
Gets me every time

lol just play Bloodborne fgt

Shit, I gotta read that.