Messi is only the top Argentinian if you include friendlies...

>Messi is only the top Argentinian if you include friendlies. Without them Gabriel Batistua is the top scorer with 40 goals in 56 games with a ratio of 0.71 goals per game. Messi meanwhile only has 34 in 81 games for a ratio of 0.41.

Batistuta also won 5 international trophies

batistuta was a tap in merchant in a well-oiled team

also never made it past quarterfinals in a world cup, i.e.: the only thing that matters

>one of the best strikers in the history of the sport has more goals than a midfielder
woah

you've been making several threads a day about us or messi, you're so fucking obsessed m8.
just kill yourself already.

>if you take some of his goals away, Messi has fewer goals
is this the might of the maori intellect?

At least he could actually score. Messi has NEVER scored a world cup knockout goal despite playing in 3 and making the finals once

>Messi
>midfielder

>I've never seen Argentina play
you're a retard m8

*assists winning goal in round of 16*
*assists winning goal in quarterfinals*
*scores his goal in semifinals*

Only Maradona has done more than Messi in a World Cup for Argentina

also
*scores winner in 1st game in the last minute*
*scores winner in 2nd game*
*scores brace in 3rd game to turn around the game*

Messi had a good World Cup in 2014, only a delusional retard says otherwise

wait, but i thought messi was the goat

>muh group stage
typical missi

>top scorers are the best players
I've read some retarded posts, but holy fuck you take first place.

>in a world cup, i.e.: the only thing that matters
is this how you're coping with the loss of 2 consecutive copa americas to CHILEL?

We tried everything, no regrets about "wasting the GOAT"

We tried making a team that works without him, and putting him on top of it, so he doesn't feel the pressure (Basile). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that plays like Barcelona so he can feel comfortable (Martino, Batista). It didn't work.

We tried making a team that is good at defending and making him the center of our attack, Maradona 1986 style (Sabella). It didn't work.

He chokes against Brazil. Okay, Brazil is a great team. He chokes against Germany. Okay, Germany is a great team. He chokes against Uruguay, okay, they are world champions.

We sacked coaches and players because he didn't like them (Riquelme, Tevez, Basile). We put in coaches and players just because he asked (Martino and his Newell's friends).

He doesn't score in KO games? Maybe he's saving up for the next game. Maybe he's saving up for the final.

Now he had this chance in silverware. He only had to perform against Chile (so you understand how small they are, 3 people died celebrating a Copa America). Many people would have hailed him as the GOAT, even though winning a Copa America of which we have 14 already doesn't mean much.

Not only he doesn't perform, that's okay, another bad day. Not only he doesn't score, it's okay, 11 KO games without scoring, but it's okay, he's still good. Not only he doesn't assist, it's okay, it's your team mates right? They are your friends Messi, you sacked Tevez, you asked for Higuain and Aguero. But okay, we get it, you didn't assist.

On top of all that, he doesn't even run. He just walks the pitch. Fuck him.

What a fraud

>you've been posting this for 4 years
>meanwhile Messi has won 3 league titles, 1 champions league and 4 copas del rey

Assists are a pussy stat. If you can't shoot it yourself get off the fucking field

>0-0
>loss
lmao

>Argentina 1 – 4 Chile
>Argentina 2 – 4 Chile
>win

lmao

>this is the GOAT
Damn......

>Messi has won 3 league titles, 1 champions league and 4 copas del rey
cool national team trophies bro

>it doesn't count unless it meets my arbitrary criteria

It's funny to see the Ronaldo fanboy saying this, considering Portugal

>wasted a generation with Deco, Maniche, and Figo, at a time when you could realistically say Ronaldo "choked"
>by the time Portugal won a trophy, they won it without Ronaldo on the pitch for most of the match against France, with a team that was, by all means, an underdog

It's almost like management matters more than just having some stars in the team, hmmmmmm. Really fires up the neurons.

knockout games in any competition are not "my arbitrary criteria" you idiot, they are the best possible criteria.
>It's almost like management matters more than just having some stars in the team
you mean you had a shit management aka those guys who get kicked out everytime Messi disagrees with them? lol you literally confirmed what the britbong said, that Messi is mentally ill and if he just played football you guys would have won at least 3 or 4 international trophies including a world cup.

Batigol puts most players in the world to shame desu