What benefit does atheism give me...

What benefit does atheism give me? Christianity gives me a promise of everlasting happiness and Buddhism gives me a chance to become one with the universe. what possible benefit can atheism give me that can compare?

Attached: fancy freg.png (626x974, 354K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jCYBK9FB_iY
youtu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not about gaining something. It's about accepting the reality that no god exists.

I agree to , it shouldn't give you any benefits. It's just a statement and belief that God does not exist.

Maybe a benefit is that you don't get into a wrong sect or cult or whatever that locally praises the god of some religion, so there's that.

even if there is only 0.00000000000001% chance of god being real that means that if i believe in him il get eternal life which is all i really want

why should it not give me benefits? every other religion does?

benefits oof atheism.

Knowing truth and taking control over your live rather than depending on a not available father figure.
Damn it's like all these religions turn people into niggers.

IF and only IF
there is a god and he created us and loves us no matter what then consider the following:
no one would go to hell, everyone would go to heaven

because:
why should he send anyone to hell if everyones sins are forgiven in death?

checkmate christians and other fuckup religions

atheism is best
truth is knowledge
knowledge is power
seize power and you'll be you own god

humans should strive for god-like power not some dubious "i hope i don't get into hell"

Except you get into a cult that denies everything that's in the most reliable book of antiquity. At least be agnostic if you have to, be open to the possibility, but outright saying 'I KNOW there's no one out there' makes you just as bad as any false religion. Christianity has the best historically proven source to base their claims on.

youtube.com/watch?v=jCYBK9FB_iY

All that small chance would cost you is any intellectual integrity you have.

> Christianity has the best historically proven source to base their claims on.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA

oh man ... that's a good one

Atheism isn't a religion.

As I said before, it helps you to not get lost in some "groups".

Lrn2Christianity
'For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.'
'Believes' being the key word here.

Christ only died for His chosen people. God chose at the beginning of time who will be saved and those people will in their lifetimes, by his grace alone, believe, repent and follow him. That's like the basics of Christianity. If you want to be a fedora, at least learn what you're arguing against.

Am I the only one that read OPs post as “What benefit does autism give me?”

But why is it bad to believe that there is no God?
Judaism, Christianity and Islam are the best history proven religions, but why should I believe in any of them?

lol have fun sanctimoniously giving up 10% of your income to the town rapist. Sit in a barn once a week to hear that you matter and you're a good person.

Well, the Bible is the best preserved antique book, with the most copies existing. The manuscripts we have are dated closer to the events they describe than any other historical source of that time. To put that into perspective, the manuscripts of some of the classic antique works we have are copies written around 500 years after the originals.

So low quality bait that I'm not gonna post the fish meme.

explain me this:

why the fuck should i believe?
God never did *anything* for us
not god himself specifically
(just for the jews if you take the bible for granted HAHA!)
only dictators and other assholes want you to trust them/love them/follow them with blind believe and without question (the original purpose of religion --> opium for the masses; to make them follow, mindless sheep to control thourgh religion)

and don't come with this "god has a divine plan for all of us- a great scheme"
a plan for everyone
yeah let-'s give 2 year old kids terminal cancer
let good people suffer and the whole word go to shit
nice plan dude ... really nice plan

why should i trust in an afterlife and not enjoy life
what if there is no afterlife?
then you will have lived a shitty life for nothing

why should i even want to get to heaven in the first place?
i don't want to stand with a dictator i am not allowed to question / fight for my will or otherwise i'll go to hell (Lucifer)

how would it add up with all these people in heaven?
do i have my own heaven, if so do are others in my heaven just projections or are these their real souls?
are they there (my heaven) willingly?

and thats just christianity don't get me started on the mormons, jews, muslims .... i don't care
religion is just dumb
it's something to calm the people who are afraid of death

if you want to believe fine
but i won't ever

fiction stays fiction
even if it's a thousand years old

here

i'll give an example:
if i make a timecapsule and in it i will put a piece of paper and write something on it

then after a thousand years it gets dug up and my grand-grand-grand-grand-grand-children read a letter saying "OP was not a fag"

do you really think it would be true?
no

So for starters, only Christianity makes any sense out of those three. Islam is heavily based on the Bible, but makes some very basic mistakes, like combining multiple characters into one just because they had the same first name in the Bible. Essentially, Islam says the Bible is true, but Bible disproves the basic assumptions of Islam.

Judaism, on the other hand, believes the prophecies of Christ but denies Jesus being him despite there existing well documented (outside of the Bible too) records of him saying, doing and generally living exactly the way the prophecies said that Christ would.

As for why it's bad to believe there's no God? The easiest answer for a believer is 'because the Bible says so'. The basic argument to start with is that if everything is just a result of chance and random chemical reactions, there's no way you could categorize anything as 'good' or 'bad' to begin with. There's no moral code, no reason for you to follow one, and yet deep down you do know that some things are bad, you have conscience, feel remorse, even sometimes for things you think shouldn't affect you. And guess what - that's exactly what the Bible says. It says that everyone knows that God exists, they just suppress this knowledge. You're made in the image of God, so by default you have some parts of him in you, which is how you have the conscience etc. even if you don't believe in him.

>despite there existing well documented (outside of the Bible too) records of him saying, doing and generally living exactly the way the prophecies said that Christ would.
suuuure ... "evidence" *wink*

IF there's no afterlife, you'll have a clean conscience, knowing you've at least tried to be a decent person throughout your life.

As for the world suffering, that's essentially punishment for not following God's commands. The Bible says no one is good, I mean look at yourself and compare that against the most basic moral code, the 10 commandments. Not lying? Sure... Never stolen anything, even by accident? Right... Adultery? Jesus says that even lusting for someone is adultery in your heart, so there you go. Killing? Again, Jesus said that when you're angry you're already killing them in your heart, so welp. We're bad and the bad things are a price we pay for that.
Besides, the 'divine plan' argument is also perfectly sound. The most famous passage about that asks 'does the potter not have the right to create from the same piece of clay a shitty pot to break and a beautiful pot for a king?' Who are we to question what our creator wants to do with us. And obviously, if there was no evil, we wouldn't ever appreciate the good. Kid getting cancer might just be a thing that makes people around him think about their lives and start trying to be decent people, for example.
And, not to repeat myself, but God a Dictator? Dude, he made you. He made all the things you enjoy. And the rules he gave us - they're here to tell us what's good for us, not to stop us from having fun - the 'fun' which breaks those rules ultimately only leads to suffering and sorrow. That's just the truth if you really truly think about it, don't even need a Bible to realize that.

So we have hundred-year-old prophecies saying a son of God will come and do stuff.
And then along comes a man, whose existence and life is confirmed by generic, non-religious documents of the time, says really smart moral lessons that wow everyone, dies the way that son of God was supposed to and comes back to life.

I mean, worst you can do is say he was a con man, even though that's easily disproven, but I don't think an average con man would take the chance of getting nailed to a cross hoping he wouldn't really die and then, after being tortured and hurt, have the strength to get out of a grave/cave.

>As for the world suffering, that's essentially punishment for not following God's commands.
total dictator man ... i don't play by his rules and want to live my life like i see fit
>well then to hell you go kiddo buckle up it's a fun ride just because daddy says so
yeah totally cool dude, totally cool

also abortion is murder (in his eyes) -> even though there is nothing alive in the first weeks so ... but never mind that - the point is a rape victim might don't wanna have some kid from this and isn't allowed a happier better life just because "muh command says no killing even if it is totally reasonable"
--> murder in self-defense would also be punished
so okay lets give the earth to psychopaths and nignogs
let them have all the fun while we vanish into nothingness
yeah ...

>Who are we to question what our creator wants to do with us.
sentient beings
god is an asshole nothing more

> but God a Dictator? Dude, he made you
without any conset just cuz he could
wow very good for him
but if i don't wanna live yeah throw me in hell for eternal damnation just because i did'nt like myself and didn't want to exist
--> being existend would be punishment in everyway, (even heaven would be)

>they're here to tell us what's good for us, not to stop us from having fun - the 'fun' which breaks those rules ultimately only leads to suffering and sorrow

ah okay so premarital sex between two consenting adults is bad because of what reasons exactly ?
no one gets hurt if it's not cheating or anything

>That's just the truth if you really truly think about it, don't even need a Bible to realize that.
yeah you also don't need the bible to realize what a fucking pile of shit this all is

you can't win this
i won't ever believe

if you believe in it so much then just get yourself killed (can't kys cuz you would go to hell and be damned for all eternity just because you chose your fate yourself)

face it god would be a shitty dude if he existed

I unironically recommend asking this question on Sup Forums and /lit/. You'll get better replies than these, OP.

Attached: suitupwinniehpooh.jpg (640x640, 30K)

>So we have hundred-year-old prophecies saying a son of God will come and do stuff.
>And then along comes a man, whose existence and life is confirmed by generic, non-religious documents of the time, says really smart moral lessons that wow everyone, dies the way that son of God was supposed to and comes back to life.

gimme source
i give you an explanation like this:

you can foretell anything
something can be interpreted /imagined into it etc
eventually something similar happens

>muh prophecy has come true

even if "jesus" lived, he was just some based dude who stuck it up the authorities by saying "i have a different god than you, mine is better" and got himself killed for his mental illnes / blasphemy

such wow ....

>have the strength to get out of a grave/cave.
like that actually happend ...

I've accepted this fate at a young age, god is that way you claim him to be, such a shitty being, then so be it, I'm not losing anything by not getting into his so called "heaven", what if Ra was the real God and we all are doomed to suffer? I don't fucking care lol.
If your god is really a benevolent being by the end of the day he won't bring christians to heaven, and he won't being atheist to heaven he'll bring good people to heaven.

No, he'll still get a shitload of crap, because Sup Forums is infested with
>Muh kike on a spike
From Lebbit

done shitposting now gtg
was fun shitting all over christianity and religion in general

10/10 would do again

happy shitposting faggot
ramsesspeed to you where ever you are

Not wasting your time believing in fairy tales. That's a huge benefit and an advantage over all the sheep.

Religion offers zero benefit, aside from socializing. Just join a fucking book club or volunteer or play a sport for that. Because socializing with mental midgets who believe in fairy tales isn't really worthwhile.

: nice dubs

Atheism promises you a grip on reality, with a life that is not necessarily governed by ludicrous doctrines, bigotry and delusions.

youtu .be/ _Cwcw9FVHlQ

Attached: 85893202.jpg (640x780, 91K)