Why are US cities so filled with cheap above ground wires? Looks like 3rd world tier

Why are US cities so filled with cheap above ground wires? Looks like 3rd world tier

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/f_-OTZHBIuE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Leningrad#Bombardment
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> ru

>kacap

>looks third world tier

lol

USA can't be the only countries that have that

Maybe if your education wasn't third world you'd understand why those telegraph poles and cables are above ground.
I thought Russians on Sup Forums weren't generally as stupid as the rest of the Europeans but perhaps that is not the case.

It's not. Most countries have above ground telecommunication wiring.

if they werent so stupid communism would have never taken off the ground in that shithole

>be dutch
>constantly have to bend to not hit the electricity wires

Good thing US is a country of brown manlets

Because they look terrible and anglos have no taste.

>t. Willing ex communist country

>Poland

*lapdoging instinctively*

Good cities in Europe doesn't have them, and even in Moscow the first thing they do when renovating the street - hide the fucking wires. And Russia is not that rich even

It really looks like 3rd world

Wtf America

Weird thing is that I was in US and never realized it

Still progress tho

This was US 100 years ago

It's because usa - 3rd world. Their homicide rate in cities - LA level, ghettos, niggers, guns everywhere, even cops kill you for 1 accidental rustle

if they put them underground they would have to dig them down 1km because average american weights like 3 adult bears and will crush those cables, so it's not convenient

Here is Seattle. The city is rich and expensive. But the ugly wires go through most part of it

You see nothing.
Here in my city, 1/4 of the homes have fiber so the electric poles are way worse.

Pic related.

looks like Saigon lol
>lol who cares if there's a live wire hanging down, just drive around it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No one will do it subterranean because no one want to have their business close for a few days...

The city government could exploit the subterranean passage charging for people use the ducts. But they don't want to touch it anyways...

We are a third world, and will always be.

cities that you are posting have the oldest electric wiring systems in history and at that time there were only ground wires. replacing them is a pain in the ass . new cities and suburbs don't have that much above ground wires.pic related

It's the same in Norway

>McChurch
It could look worse I suppose.

maybe it's too costly to remake the old electric system and/or maybe it's because that's san fransisco and it's prone to earth quakes, and those above ground wires are easier to fix or smthng

>is from russia
>dares to talk shit about america and its cities

Igor, you don goof.

Whats wrong?
Looks like an average late Gothic revival.

is so we can have this
youtu.be/f_-OTZHBIuE

Average Japanese neighborhood is the worse.

Gray concrete walls and bright red doors make it bit cheap looking, IMO. Other than that it isn't bad.

Here the cables are underground

Is not their fault that the world went crazy for concrete.
Also, pic related is from finland.

Russia is literally the same

Not in the fancy areas.

New worlders don't care too much about history and pretty things. A shame, i know...

>fancy areas
Those buildings looks like they are about to collapse

What?
It's beautifully. I honestly believe that St. Petersburg is probably the most beautiful city in Russia.

There's more better quality building in the commieblocks area even. Many of those buildings have never been renovated are full of mold. Many abandoned buildings even in the centre

At less is not a cheap copy of Bauhaus, like most of the buildings in my town...

I'd say it's one of the most beautiful cities in all of Europe

If you like the Russian feel. Might've been even better if Russian would maintain the buildings. It makes you feel looking many nice buildigns in such conditions.
And they're shit tier to live in. That's why it's actually cheaper to live in many of those old buiildings than commieblocks.

Are you 15 ft tall? I didn't know they made cucks that tall

Yes, i can agree with you.
St Petersburg was bombed since the beginning of the Barbarossa campaign to the very end. And it still shine in the Baltic sea.

>St Petersburg was bombed since the beginning of the Barbarossa campaign to the very end.
It was never bombarded. It was a siege. It was hardly bombed at all.

>it's ok when Japan does it

Bombed, shelled, the devastation for the art is the same.
Sure it was not comparable to the carpet bombing of eastern germany in the late days of WWII.

And why do you think they do it?

>Bombed, shelled, the devastation for the art is the same.
Which barely happened at all to st petersburg.
The plan was to starve to death. They didn't shell it or bomb or anything to Leningrad.
Read the history.

If you said, probably is true.

Also, why Turku (old Finish capital) looks so "mehhhh"?

special flavor

Yet, look at this! Eesti is truly besti!

I am not memeing, just curious.
People only build using wood?

>If you said, probably is true.
It's not me. It was a siege whole the time. Stpb hardly got any bombs
>Also, why Turku (old Finish capital) looks so "mehhhh"?
It burned down many times.

I agree st petersburg is a nice city, but not that great since it's full of buildigns that are about to collapase and overall the city is dirty. Russians dont' take maintanance that seriously. Many old great buildings are about to collapse

yeah that's wood

What are you talking about? Most building in the central part of the city get renovation one way or another, my whole steet was renovated like 5 years ago and it looks good.

Comfy.

It's sad know that my country actually consider 30 store commie blocks as architectural beautiful.

>Stpb hardly got any bombs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Leningrad#Bombardment

And I've acutally been there few times. You just have that idea in you head like the Paris Syndrome Japanese get
I know it's not that bad like in 2005 when I was there first time. But still there are many abandoned buildings or at least look like

Pic related.
"Brazilian pride"

>Paris Syndrome Japanese get
Gangs of Africans scamming people in the streets?

If you ever see videos of people walking down the street in America it does look seriously 3rd world.
Everything's cracked and broken
Rubbish around
Everybody's moderately brown wearing old t-shirts and sandals like how they dress in Africa

They keep doing it, but unfortunately corrupt fucks steal like 75% of the budget every damn time, so it's a long process.

Maybe you should renovate the plumbing system so that we don't have to build it for you.
All the shit from st petersburg goes to the baltic sea

I am retard, forget to actually put the image.

BEHOLD, THE VERTICAL FAVELA. (Seriously, a favela guy has more space in their comes that a people living in one of those)

Too expensive to bury them. All our money goes to the military and corporate handouts

Just because it's cheap to maintain doesn't mean it's ok. They could have afforded much better and comfier streets

Americans are proud of dress badly.
Millennial kit:
>loose t-shirt (needs to be 2 size bigger)
>colorful childish footwear
>or a loose pants, or a skinny one. and always showing half of your ass.
>over sized cap (never take them off, not even inside their homes where is not sunny)

Sure my countrymen dress bad, but they can't afford decent cloths (except for the kids cosplaying breaking bad)...

They are not going to collapse but sadly yes most of them are in a very bad state. They were build by highly educated westernized elite, and then that elite was eliminated and peasants moved in. Sad

heh poorfags

I believe they keep it above ground in Japan because of earthquakes. I would understand they would do the same in LA and San Francisco, but it seems awfully stupid in areas prone to hurricanes like Florida etc.

Nothing to do with earthquakes eh Ivan?

Yes and that's what I mean. They're poorer quality than the commieblocks in the suburbs.
And they have mold problems. People living in ithem will get sick.
It's not nice. They look such nice. I don't hate Russia or St petersburg, if someone might have that idea, quite the opposite.
I think many Russians always get wrong idea. I've had many times this problem :DDDD

Electric poles are a danger way bigger in case of earth quake.

First world simple don't change the cabling because it's too expensive.
No business want to be shut down for half a week so their front can be excavated.

what so are these not a thing in yurop?

ree

As someone who lives in Florida it is underground in newer areas.

I can tell you for a fact that every resident here wants it underground but because the entire state has 1 power company we are screwed as they say it is too expensive and would take forever to restore if something were to happen.

See how brits handle it Also undergorund communications also can be repared, you don't see tubes with water above ground for example

English is not the native language for most of Sup Forums users. Why complain about simple mistakes that can be understood without difficulty?

>you don't see tubes with water above ground for example
30% of the water is wasted in bad pluming in São Paulo.
The only reason that works is because the pressure is too strong to prevent dirty to come in the tubes.

When people first designed our water distribution, cars did not even existed, then they think it will be a excellent idea put the tubes under the streets. And no governor wants to waste a fortune fixing it.

It's a big country and it's pretty evenly populated. The US only has three power grids so they couldn't care less about using above ground power lines.

St. Petersburg should be the capital, it's a coastal city. Moscow is some gay shithole in the middle of the country.

There is a curious absence of an asian nation east of korea in this thread

>First world simple don't change the cabling
We did here mostly in the 90s

Even that looks old.
Power grid looks like that here

It's the same in Sweden.

comfy

They're slowly digging the rest underground. By 2025

We only have those kind of lines going from substation to substation. But a lot of the country is not densely populated enough to justify using large steel power lines. It's cheaper to use wood poles. You have those kind of power lines everywhere? That sounds really expensive

Fogot pic

Yeah but the're not like that in the residential area anymore. And they're digging those undergound too.

We're the most sparesly populated country in Europe (after Russia) So you're not alone

I did some research and it just turns out that most of our electrical infrastructure is 70 years old and we haven't come around to replacing them yet.

I don't have any wood poles near me though. The power companies replaced all of them a few years back. My region sells a lot of power to Canada and California though so it would make sense.

Yeah they've replacing it here since it's been outdated. But here it's been like 40years. not 70.
But I don't think there hasn't been any serious problems so hasnt been a need for it

>But I don't think there hasn't been any serious problems so hasnt been a need for it

i mean USA. If nothings wrong, no need to fix

Look at the history of Russia.
If St Petersburg was the capital, they would have lost WWII.
In Germany, every project is possible.
Outside of Germany, nothing really works as supposed.
G E R M A N Y
E
R
M
A
N
Y

Other countries are filled with corruption.

Lel, i fuck up my post.
Went to smoke a cigar and forget that i already had write something.

That's san francisco so there are extra wires for the cable cars above many streets as well.

>lost WWII
they wouldn't have surrendered at the loss of moscow you know

I think they're comfy.

Like yellow street lights.

I think it's symptomatic of the general lack of a proper urban culture in the US, especially in this era. Each and every city in the US has had a long period of urban decline and most still have it. In general we aren't adapted to high density urban lifestyles and don't have a clue on how to make them more livable or respect them when and where they exist

>If St Petersburg was the capital, they would have lost WWII.
They would've fled to Siberia. Like they did with the factories. Even if Germany had won WW2 and invaded Moscow. Russia would've survived in Siberia. That's what their long term plan still is. Siberia is like big castle