((Speilbergs)) New Movie Defends Communist Spies

What does Sup Forums make of this? ((Spielberg)) recently made a movie where a communist spy is the good guy and those who are against him are the bad guys.

youtube.com/watch?v=mBBuzHrZBro

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart's_War
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>new

It moreso defended fair trials. But you can also put it that way

>What does Sup Forums make of this?
Isn't it obvious, leafy?

It just came out

Tell me

>fair trial
I'm guessing you're also one of those cucks against Gitmo?

The communist spy wasnt a good guy or anything, he was a good man doing his job, there is literally nothing wrong with that.
Also

Spieljew's new movie is actually titled the 'The BFG', and it's probably the biggest flop of the year...which means that fucking kike needs to pack it in already

He's been shit since Hook, and that was nearly 25 years ago

This. Ever since I saw the Lincoln movie where the debates are "We need slavery because blacks are subhuman" and Lincoln goes "Haha they are more human than you!" and the whole court laughs. They didn't once mention the Greenback, but blaming a Jew for leaving out the Greenback is like blaming a Cheeta for having spots.

>Nothing wrong with that
So mobsters are good because they are just "doin their job"

They actually showed the commies shooting people trying to escape to West Berlin as the Wall was going up.

>October 2015
Ye that's new alright

Shit has been out for ages, are you stuck in a timeloop of the past?

They only added that in for anti-Trump propaganda because MUH WALL DIVIDES FAMILIES. We all know Spielberg is a commie.

Suuuurrreee buddy. A movie that's just over a year old totally isn't new.

>moving goalposts
he was serving the country he was born in

It was only like a year and a half ago. Any movie made post 2000 is new.

his movies are usually good, so i wont take the usual anti jew Sup Forums stance on it. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ok and mobsters are just serving the families they were born into, nothing wrong with that right?

The last good Spielberg movie was Schindler's List.

Tom hanks killed it.
My main take a way was Russians are kind of cool

His movies have been shit since Hook.

You're a fucking idiot and a bad troll Leaf

That movie was trash.

How he's a great actor? And how does it make Russians look cool? They were so unorganized and walked around in the cold.

You're a bad troll, enjoy your ban.

good movie, very well made, the main KGB dude was a very good actor

Did everyone have a cold at the end?
What did he mean by this?

The spy isn't the good guy. He's the bad guy that accepts he's a bad guy.

Lawyer is the idealistic "good guy" that is selling "American justice" to the soviet and impresses him.

It's a "saintly lawyer" fantasy.

Lawyers are good, just people that believe that justice is blind and will treat people fairly no matter what.

>commie propaganda
>good movie
Sorry Sven

No they make the spy look honourable.

It's a very good movie.

It actually ends up showing the communists in an extremely bad light towards the end.

Interestingly enough, I watched it with one of my more left-leaning friends, and he ended up hating it, whereas my Republican friend enjoyed it as much as I did.

My ONLY complaint about the movie is that I wish that more time had been spent with Gary Powers.

>My main take a way was Russians are kind of cool
The actor for the Soviet resident in Berlin was the closest thing to Gollum they were able to find.

Tom hanks had been doing shit work lately. He maintains a reluctant stoicism throughout.
The russain spy was a cool dude.

He was honorable.
Just not to the side you like.
Reflects his character more than the circumstances of his birth.

>It actually ends up showing the communists in an extremely bad light towards the end.
How so? They make the exchange, don't torture the prisoner that badly, just wake him up at night a lot. It makes the communists look like victims kind of because they are so poor

>My ONLY complaint about the movie is that I wish that more time had been spent with Gary Powers.
May I ask why?

He's a good actor, don't blame him.

Munich was the last good movie spielberg made.
The only good thing in BoS was a actor who played communist spy.

Spielberg has completely lost his fastball. Just about the dullest movie I've ever seen.

Munich was shit

>implying he has ever made a non-shit movie.

Jaws was great

>calls movie i saw months ago "new"
>obv shill/slide/bullshit thread

All cannucks are. They're experts in the art of self-hypnosis so they end up living in self-made reality bubbles that the truth can never reach like that. Tomorrow was last week, last decade is next month.

Did you just miss the part where they built a goddamn giant wall in the middle of Berlin with people crying because their lives are being destroyed? And when they essentially kidnap an American graduate student? And when they shoot people who are trying to escape?

Neither East Germany nor the Soviet Union are shown in a remotely sympathetic light. Certain individuals from those places are made sympathetic at points, but as a whole they are clearly made out to be assholes.

Why does everyone like that movie? It was trash. It gave all this suspense for when the shark comes out of the water and when it does it doesn't even spur any excitment

You're an obvious idiot. The movie was made post-2000

>Did you just miss the part where they built a goddamn giant wall in the middle of Berlin with people crying because their lives are being destroyed
They made that for anti-Trump propaganda. Nothing about communism they just wanted to portray walls in a bad light

>And when they essentially kidnap an American graduate student?
Yeah but they portray him as some fancy rich kid from Ivy League whos basically the boastful capitalist Marx talked about

>And when they shoot people who are trying to escape?
Again anti-Trump propaganda

>Neither East Germany nor the Soviet Union are shown in a remotely sympathetic light. Certain individuals from those places are made sympathetic at points, but as a whole they are clearly made out to be assholes.
They show them as very nice people when he meets them.

2000 was 16 years ago user.

I watched it, its a good film.

He's not really a "good guy", he's just presented as a Soviet Citizen who thinks he's serving his country by spying on its enemy which in his case is the United States and he is contrasted with Gary Powers the U2 spy plane pilot who likewise served his country by spying on its enemy the Soviet Union.

That's not even as old as me and I'm young

I found it a pretty good movie.

>I only like artful movies like Solaris

>Something that actually happened ~40 ago is anti trump propaganda

Mental gymnastics is it called?

They make him look really honourable while Gary Powers is trying to sellout his country when captured.

No, it's called canacuck logic.

No i just didn't like jaws

No he just added that into his movie to scare people away from Trump.

It was not commie propaganda, they showed America as a civilized nation and East Berlin as a shithole where they torture people.

The Berlin Wall was a very real thing, I'm afraid.

Spielberg has actually not been as subversive as most directors. Apart from schindlers list most of his other movies don't bash white people.

But it was a good thing to prevent immigration, the movie makes it look bad

They didn't torture anyone tho. I was watching that scene expecting them to hold his eyes open while they pour in lemon juice. All they did was shine some bright lights on him and splash him with water.

>Commie propaganda
>Shows America upholding it's democratic virtues of fair trial in spite of everything happening around it

It was a good movie leaf

>No he just added that into his movie to scare people away from Trump.
What did Spielberg mean by this?

>Gary Powers is trying to sellout his country when captured.

What are you talking about? They show Gary Powers being tortured by the KGB and refusing to talk.

Did you watch the film?

>Lincoln
Muh evil white man wants to keep slaves and Lincoln wants to stop it because he's MORAL!

>Bridge of Spies
Commie is the good guy

Not to mention he spoke out against racism.

>The Berlin wall was a good thing.

I think it is time to stop replying to this Canadian guy

>spielberg
>berg
every fucking time

Not really. He was just educated and nice to his lawyer.

He didn't do much. He basically sat around not answering questions until he could be traded back to the Soviet Union.

He came off as somewhat apathetic. The spy just did things because he bought into communism at some time and now he's stuck. He just did was he was ordered to do.

He's basically like, "You're a nice saintly lawyer. I'm a scumbag spy. Don't risk your career for me, bro. This is a shit show. I'm not worth it."

this

>that feel when you will never work for a clandestine service in cold-war Berlin

All your favorite tv shows are directed by jews.
All your favorite movies are directed and written by jews.
All your favorite books are written by jews.
All your favorite videogames are made by companies owned by jews and published by jewish companies.
The music you listen to comes from jewish records.

No, john, you are the jews.

paranoid/10 would foil tin hats with

but seriously, the movie is American propagandabut still quite nice.

The Soviet spy lives because the all-American lawyer defends the enemy spy on all-American values. Finally the spy gets exchanged for 2 Americans which just shows what an amazing negotiator the American lawyer is.

Also Americans dindu nothing, it was just a pilot who crashed because American technology was even too advanced for amazing American pilots who fly in sub-space. Furthermore the photography student who was interfering with a East-German internal affair got caught but he dindu nothing as well.

You can really bend this movie but most of it was American propaganda, not really anti-Trump propaganda. If anything it shows that international affairs can be quite murky.

It also shows communists doing the same giving the American spy a fair trial as well. It also shows them doing minor interrogation tactics like waking him up

The movie is to make you accociate the wall with East Berlin

>What are you talking about? They show Gary Powers being tortured by the KGB and refusing to talk.
He didn't know jackshit because they didn't tell him everything but he talked as much as he could. He said some basic things tho.

>tortured
They didn't torture him, they splashed him with water, shined some lights on him, and woke him up early in the mouring, that's hardly "torture".

i do not think so
picrelated

>being against immigration control
Obvious bait

Exactly he's being very modest and humble about himself while the Americans are like "WHY AREN'T WE HANGIN HIM!"

>(((willens)))
>(((kurier)))
Sure showed us.

Hey Sup Forums, how come whne a movie like Hart's War
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart's_War
speaks out against racism and it feels ok, feels cool, not forced and shiet, but when a movie does it nowdays it feels like crap?

Yeah, Lincoln was shit, I'll agree on that one.

I was watching it with my family (we're southern) and it was completely delusional about why Lincoln started the war.

I mean I'm sorry; but when Sherman is burning Atlanta to the ground and you condone it you don't get to be a moral paragon anymore.

You're a tinfoil hat freak

They portray the German guy as evil.

>The Soviet spy lives because the all-American lawyer defends the enemy spy on all-American values. Finally the spy gets exchanged for 2 Americans which just shows what an amazing negotiator the American lawyer is.
The other guy they got back was just a stupid economics student.

the spy actor was good though. much better than tom hanks

suuree

>speaking out against racism
Never ok

Haven't seen it since theaters. Tell me about that scene again? Where he burns Sherman to the ground, i forget that.

They didn't even mention Lincolns greenbacks

The whole thing was espousing the virtue of the US justice system.

The mob wanted the spy hanged but the rule of law rules supreme is 'Murica.

The white man is fair and just. Sparing the spy then leads to the U2 pilot getting freed along with another American in the trade.

White man has foresight.

The movie was about the virtues of the Judeo-Christian white man's rule of law.

>The other guy they got back was just a stupid economics student.

He was an american with troubles in a foreign country.
They had this love for the other back then.

how the fuck was it defending communist spies?

the communists were made out to be whacko thugs the entire time

i watched it earlier this year, didn't even know it was made in 2015 til i saw this thread, thought it was older

How? He had 0 expression.

You actually had a good point until "Judeo-Christian"

First off nothing Judeo is good, Jews are posion on society. Second the trial didn't come from Israeli-Christian values it came from Rome.

>troubles
They arrested him for NO reason at all. They should have given him back for nothing.

Because it portrays the communist as noble men who refuse to sellout their country while the American prisoner gives out everything he can.

>It also shows communists doing the same giving the American spy a fair trial as well

It did not, it showed a propped up theater trial and casted almost only ugly people to play russians, especially the guys interrogating the american spy.

The whole movie was one big critique of USSR while it showed America standing up for it's morals. It even showed the inhumane and unfair treatment of an american economic student visiting USSR.

I'm sorry to say this, but I think you're too dumb to really analyze this movie. Or else you're trolling, in which case; heh.

Honestly, no. It's just business. The cops still gotta bust them because that's their business too.

Same with enemy spies. Both sides are doing what they're supposed to here. The same way enemy forces in war can respect each other even though they have to kill each other.

He was an american in the wrong place at the wrong time
Thats enough thing for getting into troubles...
>They should have given him back for nothing.
But they didnt.

you're bonkers if you think the portrayal of the spy vs. portrayal of the communists balanced out to a "look how noble these communists are!" take-home message.

i swear to god, some fags on here will find propaganda in even the most innocuous bullshit if they look hard enough

>It did not, it showed a propped up theater trial and casted almost only ugly people to play russians, especially the guys interrogating the american spy.
If they were really as bad as they say they wouldn't have given him a trial at all.

>The whole movie was one big critique of USSR while it showed America standing up for it's morals. It even showed the inhumane and unfair treatment of an american economic student visiting USSR.
Ok you're clearly trolling bye bye. Sup Forums needs to learn.

youre retarded. the movie is very pro-american values. its all about showing how superior western rule of law is compared to communist tyranny. even has the traditional family scene with american flags waving in the background.

Taking sides in the cold war is the ultimate bluepill, go suck Ronald Reagan's skeleton cock you retard

This, i bet user doesnt know about the parties in the WWII, where some germany and american soldiers gathered for christmas and new years eve.

Using that logic you could say terrorists are ok

I know but it was all a mistake they did give him back tho they just wanted there guy

You're an idiot.

> any movie made post 2000 is new

What did he mean by this?

I mean any movie made that recently is still new because it came out so recently in history.

movie released 16th of October 2015 which is based on an interesting event that illustrates soviet-American tensions in Berlin
>muh Trump is put in a bad light because he wants to build a wall
>it's all anti-Trump propaganda!

4/10 for making me post and looking up the release date

and you're a retarded faggot leaf who has been consistently blown the fuck out in your own thread

take your pills

eat shit

The Christmas Truce was World War 1

I bet there were some during WWII too, im sure.

The release date is in the trailer dumbfuck and what does that have to do with anything? Idiot

take your meds freak.

>What does Sup Forums make of this? ((Spielberg)) recently made a movie where a communist spy is the good guy and those who are against him are the bad guys.

That's actually the exact opposite of the film you half retard

Bridge of Spies was fucking excellent

It made the commies look moral and true to their cause and made the Americans look like savage freaks.