ITT: Guilty pleasures

ITT: Guilty pleasures

Ironically or not, i enjoy this movie.

He even thinks with a lisp

I've watched this a ton of times and I know it's bad but I just like the pacing of it and the way it's shot and the idea of what it would be like. I haven't watched the TV show, I have a feeling if I did it would make me realize even more just how dumb the movie is.

Features one of Robert De Niro's most phoned in performances. Clearly he did not give two fucks.

Why is it bad?

As a little kid (like 5 years old) I had the VHS of this and watched it all the time. I Saw the NY one only few years ago, and I was surprised discovering that LA is basically the carbon copy of it, had I seen the original first I would have probably hated the second one.

It's got some really cheesy bits in it, like the whole "you only use 10% of your brain" thing. Some cringey dialogue and a couple of really convenient plot points
>Super-genius money wizard somehow forgets to pay back the guy who said he would murder him if he didn't
>He doesn't need to take the pills anymore at the end for no explainable reason
I like the film, but I can't honestly say it's all that great.

I can understand people not licking Howard the Duck, but it shouldn't be on any ''worst of all time'' list. I'm aware that it is dumb as fuck...but I enjoy it

A lot of the "worst ever" meme movies are actually very enjoyable, and we have to thank retards like Doug Walker if even nowadays they have such an excessive bad reputation. Pic related is waterkino.

I definitely don't lick him

When they were promoting Waterworld they were telling people it was "the most expensive movie ever shot" because they hoped it would make people go. Not a good idea, when people saw it they were like "they paid $300,000,000 for THIS?"

It's an okay movie that would not have made that list if not for the cost and publicity.

I heard about the tv show and thought it might be interesting, then I read some more about it and apparently it's a police procedural where the FBI brings in a stoner loser to take the pill and help them solve crime to work off his jail time.

Sounded so stupid that it's downright insulting.

I like his other "bad" movie

Had fucking nothing to do with the book though, like at all, was legit surprised when I read it.

"Pint-o bitter please"

The last quarter or whatever really fucking drags, but the beginning is fucking great.

We definitely need more post-apocalyptic movies in that vein. I can't even think of any.

Kek, stop being a faggot by pretending Little Nicky is just a "guilty pleasure"

Jon Lovitz as a big horny bird, Kevin Nealon with tits on his head and Harvey Kietel shoving pineappes up Hitler's ass is straight up enjoyable. Anyone who unironically claims Adam Sandler is unfunny is just trying to toe the film snob line.

I found it pretty forgettable. I only remembered few days ago this exists.

honestly it fucking shows the budget. but really, I'm probably biased because along with it's one of those movies I costantly watched as a kid, but I think Waterworld is legitimately enjoyable. The protagonists are kinda lame, but the villains totally make up for it.

this movie had quite a lot of memorable scenes.

>what if I die?
>so what? if you die you come straight back here to hell

I'm pretty sure Waterworld was what gave me my first ideas about sailing around the world or living on a boat. Still want to do it. That catamaran was sweet. So yeah, similarly biased. I thoroughly enjoy it.

I like the practical affects after he transforms (the CGI transformations themselves not so much), the gory rampages, and the acting. It is not a good film by any means but I enjoy it.

I've seen Jack and Jill thrice and I'm not ashamed.

Waterworld wasn't considered a terrible terrible film, it was just the biggest box office flop on a budget to ticket sales ratio at the time. I think it ended making all it's money back after home video sales anyway.

Two words as to why I immediately stopped that movie

duck tits

Go away Doug.

Top this

I enjoy most of Sandler movies.

Unironically my first fap

I watch it once every couple years or so. I find it charming in a weird way.

Scientologist?

It's a pretty fun Superman movie. Instead of 9/11ing Metropolis, Superman catches a jet and throws a giant crystal into the sun that Luthor was growing to sell real estate.

It's the weakest of the series, but hardly a bad movie.

True. It's more of a nostalgia as I used to watch it with my dad.

Would people consider Sherlock Holmes a guilty pleasure?

I really enjoy the two movies. Plus the forest scene with the cannon is rather GOAT in the second film.

You'd have to be pretty sad to be guilty about liking them. The scene where they're riding along the ridge of a hill is legitimately beautiful.

Thanks for reminding me that I was thinking of rewatching them yesterday. I've been sitting here wondering what duology it was that I had thought of watching but I just couldn't remember.

Surprisingly decent direct to video movie.

the slow down analysis scenes are all cool, it's okay to like them