Why is the cross used as a symbol for Christianity when it was used to crucify

why is the cross used as a symbol for Christianity when it was used to crucify.

not trolling. where did it come from to use this? I thought the fish was used initially?

by this sign you will conquer

Its the symbol of Christ's sacrifice (4 you)

Looks cool too

It's the act of self sacrifice that cleansed everyone from sin - it represents his martyrdom, not the gruesomeness of the crucification itself

Cross was used from the very beginning because we're told to bear our own crosses. Basically to resist our own temptations in life.

Also the fishes were used because of a neat trick in Greek which you can lookup but it also concealed their identity at the time from persecution. It probably stopped working after awhile.

To further support the use of the Cross. In the Book of numbers chapter 2 lists the army placements around the tabernacle in the shape of a cross.

The Cross is older than the NT.

Let me spell it for you.

R-e-s-u-r-r-e-c-t-i-o-n.

>the only one.

Bearing the cross is like blacks calling themselves "nigga". A symbol of oppression transformed into one of power.

Easiest explanation I can think of.

they are christcucks what do you expect?

It represents Jesus' death (sacrifice) to cleanse all sins, thus God's pact with all human beings.
Also because he died (as a human) and he resurrected (as something above a human) it means he truly was above us all but chosed to die as a filthy man to show his love.

Or something along these lines.

Trough christ death we are reborn

Christians are cucks who dream about getting crucified by jews and muslims.

Literally the most cucked religion that has ever existed.

>that pic

howling

Christ and God aren't the same though desu
t. Mormon

>24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

jesus using the cross before his dead

>t. Mormon
but that's heresy

supposedly constantine the great dreamed it before an important battle, first roman emperor who was baptized, one of the turning points for chistianity

I thought he dreamed of this

fite me desu

It's a cult filled with idiots.

Eusebius of Caesarea and other Christian sources record that Constantine experienced a dramatic event in 312 at the Battle of the Milvian Bridge, after which Constantine claimed the emperorship in the West. According to these sources, Constantine looked up to the sun before the battle and saw a cross of light above it, and with it the Greek words "Ἐν Τούτῳ Νίkα" (~in this sign, conquer!), often rendered in a Latin version, "in hoc signo vinces"(–in this sign, you will conquer). Constantine commanded his troops to adorn their shields with a Christian symbol (the Chi-Rho), and thereafter they were victorious.[2][12]

4 u, i forgot to link

ah reet, my mistake

But that symbol was pic related.

very good.