Italy didnt qualify becuase pep

>Giorgio Chiellini has laid part of the blame for Italy's failure to qualify for the World Cup at the feet of Pep Guardiola , despite him never having managed a team in the country.

>Guardiola is on the cusp of leading Manchester City to the Premier League title having previously been successful at Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

>And speaking to the Daily Mail , Juventus defender Chiellini - who retired from international football after Italy failed to qualify for this summer's World Cup - feels as though the success and popularity of Guardiola's brand of football diluted what used to make Italy so feared, especially defensively.

>The Juventus defender - who won 96 caps for his country - said: “Pep Guardiola spoiled and ruined the Italian defender.

>“He is a fantastic coach with a fantastic mind but Italian trainers have tried to copy him without the same knowledge and then in the last 10 years, we lost our identity.

>“We lost our identity of [Paolo] Maldini, [Franco] Baresi, [Fabio] Cannavaro, [Alessandro] Nesta, [Giuseppe] Bergomi, [Claudio] Gentile, [Gaetano] Scirea... between 1984 and 1995, we have only [Leonardo] Bonucci.

>"In 10 years, we didn’t launch one good defender."

>Chiellini also stated that the shock of failing to qualify for their first World Cup since 1958 should be the catalyst for Italian football to change, and added that he won't watch the tournament in Russia.

>“I hope now we restart and relaunch Italian football," he continued. "The World Cup result is the proof of our problem.

>“Honestly, it (watching the World Cup) will be like a dagger in my stomach. It will not be a good month.

>"I will see bits and check the scores but I can’t imagine sitting at the TV to watch the World Cup at home.”

Is he right?
mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/giorgio-chiellini-blames-pep-guardiola-11997036

Other urls found in this thread:

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-sanja-dolezal-s-nipple-91xx5ja/answers/new.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-sanja-dolezal-s-nipple-91xx5ja/answers/new.html

Yes. Fuck Pep and fuck poofs.
Burnley, Swansea, sitting 10 men in their 18 - that's football. Italy hacking players down before they can reach thr back 6 - that's football.

Spanish nonces passing the ball sideways for 80 minutes and flipping for the other ten isn't football - it's homosexual

cringe

It's because foreigners kept hammering us for 50 years about catenaccio and we let it get to us, when anyone plays with catenaccio and counterattack people talk about tactic masterclass but if an Italian team does it everybody get butthurt and the insults starts flying.
Chiellini is right, we need to play how we want not to appease others.

>fail to score a SINGLE goal in TWO GAMES (180+ minutes) against SWEDEN
>blame it on the defense
OH NO OH NONONONONO

troppo lungo
non lessi

>Chiellini is right, we need to play how we want not to appease others.
try not being little bitches and caring what others think maybe?

>thinks missing one World Cup will be a dagger in the stomach

i'd literallly cut my bollocks off to see Scotland at one tournament, EVER

you big countries dont know how good you've got it

meanwhile when germany won the WC the media here said it was due to pep

Italy is having a cultural reckoning football-wise. Catenaccio is dead. And Gattuso-like/Chiellini-like defending only works if (i) you have an endless supply of backups who can do the same tackling when everyone else is suspended and (ii) when you have good attacking players who can actually finish consistently. Moreover, Italy doesn't really have the talent for Guardiola ball.

Scotland isn't a country

this pic came in handy much sooner than expected

>MUH IDENTITY

football is not about entitlements. just cuz you're italian doesnt mean you should be in the wc

Then explain how only 7 teams have played in the final match for the last 47 years.

What a fucking retard.

racism and a lack of diversity enforcement

>Spain and Germany won the WC because of Pep
>USA, Italy, etc. missed the WC because of Pep
living rent free in the heads of everyone on the planet

>canadian banter

i bet you smiled as you made this post, thinking you'd made an absolute zinger. cringing at you.

i mean its not banter because scotland literally isnt a country

wtf man I was just letting you know thought you were confused or something

You got catenaccio'd by us. You deserve some blame.

LITERALLY not a country

>imagine actually being this dull

>pep did this

you've really shit your diaper in rage haven't you?

that italian striker (no 9) i think, shit marking right outside the 18

probably why he plays as a striker and not as a defender

attack is the first defense, and defense is the first attack

>you've really shit your diaper

how exactly is it Pep's fault instead of the Italian trainers who tried to emulate him?

>im 16 and anything i dont like is cringe

yOu'Ve ReAlLy ShIt YoUr DiApEr WiTh RaGe hUh?

kek SEETHING

>dude you're not a country lol
>CR-CRINGE UR NOT WHITE
Scotland everyone

Good defenders prevent losing a match, not winning it. Chiellini can fuck off.

>ruined mourinho
>ruined catenaccio
>ruined prehistoric english football
BASED pep destroying defensive ugly football around the world. What's next?

>being this seething at being told you've got woefiul banter

you've really shit your diaper with rage, huh?

>woeful banter
he doesnt get it

I really riled up this scot didn't I.

Sorry ):

nah, only peps hofberichterstatter and the usual barca dick riders claimed that
full credit went to löw and the dfb youth work (an equally ridiculous proposition)

Low is shit though

of course

>ha ha ha ha ha sum1 jst referrrred 2 scoland as a country!11!!
>ha ha ha ha ha letz remnd them tat scotland is actully prt of the uk and not a countrui itzself!!!! hahah ah ah ha
>haa ha ha ha this is great knowledge and it is a great banter too!!!!!!

imagine actually being this dull

jesus christ man get a grip

It boggles my mind how Ranieri was available and you idiots didnt bother to hire him. He was the perfect coach for Italy right after Conte

>coaches win matches, not players

he is considered a joke in italy
+ what he did for greece was close to sabotage

ha ha when you put it like that it actually does sound kinda funny

Greece was fucked even before he got there plus his reputation vastly improved after winning the league with Lester

ok youre an english troll. fucking kek, had me fooled

>Copy someone
>Fail
>Cry that it's their fault you failed
Why are Italians such babies?

Hug me.

range ban when??

I'm italian and won't be in italy for the world cup. It would be so depressing to be there. This world cup I am cheering for Argentina.

>don't score any goals over 2 legs because Pelle is your best striker
>the problem is that we aren't defensive enough and have no good defenders

Oh shut the fuck up you big baby you copied our style and then people dicksucked you over muh catenaccio. Imagine being Uruguayan everyone shits on us despite playing the same type of football as you while you're muh
Italy

You'll have to learn not to use meme tiki taka bullshit

Football identity is the key to win retard, if you make things right since youth teams it will lead to players getting used to that kind of style. That doesn't mean it's 100% the same because some coaches might change a few things here and there but since the first time you put the NT shirt you already know how to work as a group

murderball is quite different from catenaccio though

Italy's failure is consequence of

1) italian clubs (except Juventus) becoming shit in the last decade

2) failure to produce really good players in the last decade. Not just defenders, but specially forwards and offensive players. Where are the Del Pieros, Inzaghis, Baggios, Tottis,..??

and 3) in spite of all that absolute state, a bad day vs Sweden.

At least you didn't get fucked by Iceland.

What the fuck is happening to Italy? Juventus is their only good club, and they’re choking this year. Their only good players are bonnuci, Zaza, and veratti

Well, how do we fix it lads?

>Well, how do we fix it lads?
Nuke italy

You don't even understand what you read. Chiellini never said that is defense fault. Dumbass

Nice scottish flag you have the-
oh
right

>Reddit-americans: the post

>American says yank
>American says poof
>American says lads

That's exactly what he was suggesting in the post you're responding to, you absolute fucking retard.

>Swedish reading comprehension
hes literally pointing to the butthurt of "everybody" and uses that as blame to answer for italys shittiness
He LITERALLY started the post with "It's because foreigners kept hammering us for 50 years" you literal donkey KEK

>being this retarded
Peak amerimutt education. I feel for you.

yikes

>amerimutt education
>mfw most of the world knows my university and literally no one knows nor cares to know any swedish institutions
wouldn't open that can of worms Sven

how do you point to the butthurt literally?

Didn't valencia still utilize catennaccio ?

1st post: Chiellini is right, we need to play how we want not to appease others.

2nd post: Try not being little bitches and caring what others think maybe?

Same point, the american is just being a stupid asshole

literally.

>my university
Who are you trying to fool, Bubba? If you're going to claim you're attending university, never mind a proper one, the only argument you'll be strengthening is mine, given how ludicrously retarded you are.

>Juventus is their only good club
>Their only good players are bonnuci, Zaza, and veratti

can't honestly tell if ironic or stupid

thats a sad way to not qualify