Call themselves the Mobile Infantry

>Call themselves the Mobile Infantry.
>Doesn't even use the suits.

Bravo Verhoeven.

What suits?

Read the novel.

>reading books

In the book the mobile infantry drop directly from orbit in mech suits, then use jump jets and handheld nuke launchers to wipe whole cities in minutes. In the movie they are just gangs of meat-waves with no tactics or futuristic equipment at all.

Also you are the fag. Reading is for cool kids.

Space WW2/Vietnam is more relatable (and easier to visually depict) than space super powers so every sci-fi adaptation will aim that way. This is why they should stay as books desu

When Forever War comes out it is going to suck as well because despite literally being space Vietnam it simply won't be able to have its themes depicted on screen

What happened to the remake that was based more on the book?

The movie missed some serious points from the book.

> The Federation is always at war
> The Federation goes from fighting "skinnies" to bugs on a whim.
> The Federation knew nothing about their enemies.
> You can leave the Mobile Infantry at any point, even right before a drop.
> Womyn aren't dumb bimbos and have shaved heads.

Considering that Verhoeven admitted to never having read the book, he didn't really "miss" anything, did he?

The whole fascism angle is dumb, as the Federation was very clearly modeled on the Roman Republic in literally every sense.

They move, they are infantry, therefore they're the mobile infantry.

Dumb Ricoposter.

>> The Federation goes from fighting "skinnies" to bugs on a whim.

Wrong. The Federation was at war with the bugs. Skinnies were bug allies. The attack was to convince the Skinnies to drop out of the war or switch sides. That's why they used the MI instead of carpet nuking the planet.

Damn I need to re-read the book

>The whole fascism angle is dumb, as the Federation was very clearly modeled on the Roman Republic in literally every sense.

Italian fascism claimed to be modeled on the Roman Republic in every sense, too. See how that works in Verhoeven's favor?

what's the hype on this flick? it's an aliens rip off

the only thing I appreciated was everyone getting btfo and not plot armor females

>Considering that Verhoeven admitted to never having read the book, he didn't really "miss" anything, did he?
You could argue the book was a critique of American imperialism and whatnot. Instead Verhoeven wrote the book off as promoting fascism even tho Heinlein was more of a Libertarian who ironically oppose America's military industrial complex.

Except they literally only cared for the aesthetic and nothing else. Of course it works for Verhoeven, as it's an easy bait for leftists.

>reading
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

Please excuse my shit grammar.

Yeah fuck Verhoeven for not getting sued by Sunrise using Gundams without their permission!
I HOPE YOU KILL YOURSELF JACKASS!
AHHHHHH
FUCK!

They're filming Forever War? It's an amazing book but I can't think of one thing that would translate well on screen, apart from training with the suits maybe

They lied. It wasn't.