The Void

Finally...

Lovecraft K I N O!

The Thing = The Mist > In the Mouth of Madness = At the Mountains of Madness (2019) > From beyond = Dagon = The Void >> Re-Animator=Event Horizon >> Silent Hill (1) >> Cabin in the Woods >>>> Kammaren >>>> The Thing remake >>> Silent Hill (2)

THIS!

THE KOIN
THE VOID
THE KINO
THE VID(e)O

I watched this last night and it was terrible, very bad acting and dialogue, badly plotted, a large number of the characters were superfluous except to deliver exposition.

t; pleb

pls go back to your thor 3 threads

I think you're trolling, but OK I'll bite - defend this movie.

>At the Mountains of Madness (2019)

>he doesn't like what i like
>troll!!

would have been nice to see subtle signs of the cults actions before it all went down.

I didn't like most of the actors. I thought the guy playing powell was great, his reassuring monotone voice was great for the role.

You should stop shilling your dumb movie. Shit like this only works on reddit.

>At the Mountains of Madness (2019)
Is this real? Don't play with me

Is this the most blatantly shilled movie in the history of Sup Forums?

It is

with a 1 million dollar budget this movie could have been GOAT.

It's really not.

Del Toro was gonna make it with Tom Cruise but exces wouldn't give him an R rating so it was cancelled.

Lovecraft is public domain so it's possible some no budget indie studio is making one but that's nothing new.

was pretty spooky

It was me OP. Could have been better if they had more of a prologue. Was I supposed to care about the doctor twist, or the wife twist?

The hunter dude was acting like a fucking retard too and should have talked to people better.

And what even was that ending? Where did doctor man go and why was the wife there at all?

Rick and Morty:God's not dead, and he-s PISSED

*meh

All those alt-rights docs got shilled much worse.

It was like a poorman's The Thing with a Lovecraftian cult

>that guy who didnt have a single line in the whole fucking movie
What the fuck

yeah I agree the ending was a bit dildos, if the doctor was the ebin void/hell wizard then why throwing him into the void would do jack shit, he already opened the gate once from our side what would stop him from opening the gate from the other side.
Also the doctor twist was silly as fuck because no one gives a single fuck about the character

>Also the doctor twist was silly as fuck because no one gives a single fuck about the character
>hello Richard
>W-who?

Though it was the mentor grumpy cop at first.

The methods you use to open a door to the void are probably different from the methods you use to open a door to the world from the void.

I recognized his voice but I just thought it was some sort of ebul god manipulating the cop into hearing a corrupted voice of the doctor, I wasn't expecting to literally be the doctor because lol satanic cults and blood orgies amIright?

I can somewhat see that I still fail to see why his wife was there, does that mean everyone that died is there as well?

Yes. It seems that basically everyone who dies goes there. They seem to be restored to their "normal" form there though, so the doctor and his daughter etc are probably there relatively normal.

The mist was fucking garbage

it was alright, the ending was a bit poopy and the cgi didnt age well at all

about time this kino gets the recognition it deserves.
ALERT FOR ALL UNDECIDED VIEWERS
Disregard the negative comments. The movie is slow paced at times, the acting is atrocious at times, but the effects and visuals are always amazing. Watch this.

I really liked it, one of the rare horror movies that kept me tense from the beginning to the end

I'm pretty sure Lovecraft would enjoy this movie too

>The Thing = The Mist

You can't be serious

you can't trick me into watching this, I'm to smart for that one

that movie about the teens that stole the plane of the dad's protagonist. And in the middle of a storm they teleport to another dimension with a tentacle thing chasing them. I liked that

it was shit

you probably meant to post that in another thread, since The Void is kino and not shit.

fool me with the Babadook, shame on you
fool me with It Follows, shame on me
fool me with The VVitch, shame on you again
Sup Forums tries to fool me with The Void, can't get fooled again

trust me. It's kino

I really like the mist.
But no fucking way it's close to the thing..

the acting was unbearable. the script stupid as fuck. no tension building at all. those fucking pretentious space cuts. that shitty sound design. that ridiculous ending.

the only things the movie did right was the doctors voice and the monsters.

>to intelligent

Is there a torrent yet?

hownew.ru

kinodeliver.com

Is it more Kino then BVS?

Half of those have nothing do to with Lovecraft
You probably never read a single word he wrote

no I'M the biggest lovecraft fan and YOU probably never even heard of him

This movie was unironically more enjoyable than BvS. BvS had a couple of cool scenes but overall is forgettable.

ask your mom, i gave her a torrent last night.

exactly what someone who actually never read a single word of him would say

My problem is: Aren't Eldritch abominations supposed to destroy galaxies with ease? They get killed by fucking fire axes.

Why must you treat me like this?

Also. The officer is able to push the doctor into the portal after he had just shrugged off an axe to the neck.

The power levels are all fucked up in this movie.

Watched it last night, bored to fucking tears. I have never seen a more bland movie in my life. There's absolutely no defining feature to this movie, nothing stands out, it beings nothing new to the table, it doesn't present any ideas in a new, weird or interesting way. It's a cliche-ridden pile of just nothing.

You know what this movie is? Another 80s meme movie designed to look like a random VHS tape from some defunct rental store. The same movie you've passed over every single other time you've come into the store looking for something to watch.

>Muh practical effects!
Oh yeah, they'd look great if they weren't the most blandly designed nothing monsters with the most stiff animation I've ever seen. They're shit and practical effects don't deserve any kind of inherent merit, fuck off.

Oh, also, it isn't Lovecraftian, at all whatsoever. It hasn't a single Lovecraftian theme, it's pop culture memery, lol tentacles! lol cults! This is a Satanic cult movie with a shit coat of paint Call of Cthulhu RPG faggots will tout as TOTALLY LOVECRAFT.

Fuck this shitty nothing movie.

It's good for a 'just turn your brain off and watch a flick' kind of thing but it's mostly pure B movie schlock with all the budget on the practical effects.

Blu Ray when?!

>but the effects and visuals are always amazing

No, they're not. Muh practical effects! Stiff, unconvincing, bad designs.

That flick was garbage... I was pretty hyped for it and watched "Beyond the Black Rainbow" and "Beyond the Gates" in preperation, both movies ended up bein much better than The Void.

>They get killed by fucking fire axes
You can if it's a space axe

you're comparing a film to other films in a way that doesn't make sense. if all eldrich abomination movies were in the same franchise, then maybe you'd have an argument. pointing out that all edritch abominations should have Nyarlathotep-tier powers is like saying that all guns should have the same stopping force.

and for the doctor shrugging off an axe wound, the guy is already dead. he was cutting off his own face in a scene prior to that. physical pain isn't something that affects him. and the movie doesn't establish that he's some unstoppable juggernaut who could stand in front of a moving freight train and not budge from the impact. being knocked off balance isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Go back to your basement and play CoC, stop ruining Lovecraft more than you people have.

The people in cloaks remind me of that episode of bobs burgers where they scare louise

Comics portray lovecraftian monsters better than Lovecraft himself ever did lol

What movie

wew lad

Atltitude. It's the same poster as the void but with a plane

nigger it is not an AAA blockbuster, ofc there are torrents everywhere

They are killed by a combination of gunfire and axes. They are also transformed humans. It's not like they shot and chopped the pyramid to death.

Do you think it might be somehow related to the fact Lovecraft was mostly writer and not a painter?

is there a possibility? maybe?

I don't even know what CoC is. And this movie is lovecraft inspired but it isn't lovecraft. you've got a very child-like temperament and a fool's level understanding of fiction. tl;dr you reek of pseudo-intellectualism

Not like you have anything better to do.

This was made by someone who bought the meme that lovecraft was vague and ambiguous.

And all these plebs are eating it up.

I was super hyper for this, but it's just ok at best.

It's not bad, but you can really tell we're desperate for decent cosmic horror.

It's hardly inspired and if you knew anything about Lovecraft or had actually read any stories, you'd know that, but you don't. It's the most surface level, pop culture regurgitation imaginable. You just don't like being told you don't know a thing about what you're talking about.

if you projected yourself any further you might discover quantum teleportation

It's decent for a low-budget film. The lack of exposition and character development really make it feel shallow and cheap though; I really didn't care about the characters and the cult wasn't fleshed out enough.

Sorry you have shit taste, user, you just keep retreating back into your little hugbox.

>your opinion is different from mine, therefore I will use this opportunity to sperg out and unleash my impotent rage

Just watched this. If they had half an hour establishing characters and atmosphere at the start of the film it would have been good.

But BVS is the best movie ever made.

>just turn off your brain bro :^)

Can someone unshorten it what it stands for

Batman Vs Superman.

Batman v Superhero

Ok, thanks, got confused for a second trying to remember "le lovecraftian" movii that matches the BvS

>implying BvS is not a lovecraftian Kino
>My sides

I have to agree, this was only a slightly less bad Event Horizon.

Bloodborne: Vengeance Shub-Niggurath

Bane vs See Aye Ey

>Lovecraftian

>Seeing the opening of the pyramid didn't blow the officer's face off/make him go insane

literally Fulci-tier with 2010's SFX

>the indie movie does not have big budget

holyshit sherlock outstanding work

and keep in mind that guy is the average Sup Forums poster

having Windham Earl as the bad guy was a mistake

>thought it would be a great horror movie that Sup Forums would push me to watch like green room

it wasn't

not to mention he got hat a seizure, took a handle to the face and was stabbed not even 25 minutes into the movie.

decent make-up and gore does not make up for poor performances and characters

nailed it. I found the acting to be particularly distracting. The only person who was semi-decent was the bad ass dude who had the son. Other than that, fucking fail of a movie. Weirdly enough Ive been thinking about it over the past few days, just because of the concept tho.

Do you think all those hooded cult people got together before the events of the film and said 'alright guys lets all stand out the front of the hospital and look REAL freaky! like dont move and stuff for ages'
'what if we have too pee or something man?'
'JUST DO IT IN UR FUCKING ROBE! WE GOTTA BE HEAPS CREEPY DUDE'

it's a le KINO durr!