Why does he get the "not a memeqb" pass?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/02/04/sports/super-bowl-rings.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Super Bowl, retard

russell wilson have one and he's still considered a memeqb.

because hes a good quarterback

Joe Falco would like a word with you

He was carried by his defense during that owl. Meanwhile Foles exposed the pats D

If you look at his career numbers under anyone who's not a retard named Jeff Fisher he's absolutely a good quarterback

He legitimately outplayed the greatest qb of all time in the Super Bowl, leading his franchise to their first ring, coming off the bench late in the season

1. he has massive dick
2. he is a super bowl MVP

If you ask Katie Nolan, he's a loser without any friends who's sitting home staring at his phone waiting for someone, anyone to call.

he is an traditional qb. fucks sake, do newcunts not know what a meme qb is anymore?

It seems to mean "black QB"

>Exposing a shitty defense
You're not making a good defense here buddy

And in this season he put up great numbers behind a garbage oline and a paraplegic defense. He's not elite but Wilson isn't a meme either

hes white

He's black though so /spol/ refuses to recognize his greatness

no, it's a mobile quarterback. they aren't legitimately good quarterbacks and couldn't survive by playing a traditional pocket passing role. Yes, most mobile qbs are black because black people have the athleticism to survive in the NFL without traditional qb skills.

See: cam newton, Colin kaepernick
Exceptions: russ, young

Tebow and Manziel are meme QBs

Does Russel Wilson have a season that comes anywhere close to 27 TDS to 2 INTs?

How about coming off the bench halfway through a season and leading his team to a Super Bowl win?

He's so humble and likeable I can't hate on him plus he has a lot of NFL records surprisingly even though hes pretty much only had one real season.

Because he was pretty good until Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher worked their magic on him. He's never going to carry a team, but if you give him a decent O-Line and some weapons he'll do good. He's basically Alex Smith with an arm.

he outplayed tom brady
i dont know what else you want

Russ is most definitely a meme QB. Go to be xhehawk

Because Eli Manning exists.

He is an elite mobile qb. Sorry that you are upset by a reddit meme from 5 years ago.

*audibles into a superbowl loss*

people who understand what they are watching, i guess

Yeah, a defense people were hyping up. It wasn't actually that good, and Foles exposed them for the frauds they were

because in 1st quarter of SB, tie score, no TD's yet, he throws this pass. Simply elite football right there. Sets the tone for the game, never lets up over 4 quarters. Wins SB.

the interception he threw was a fluke itself too

But he is a meme QB, that's why I love him so much.

I was so sketched out about that game was gonna go, but as soon as he threw the dragon I knew which Foles was playing and we'd be fine.

>outplayed

505 yards + 3TD + 4th Quarter drive to take lead.....

Because he's not a meme QB?

He is a meme, not a meme qb

Foles played well and made a lot of good throws in clutch situations on target. He wasn't bumbling his way downfield with miracle meme catches, phantom defensive holding calls, and crazy once in a lifetime plays. He didn't put up 10 points for three quarters and then get a crazy fluke TD to win in the end in a weird game where nobody could do anything. He played consistently well, put up 40+ points, and made all the throws like a high level QB would.

Verdict: not a meme

To add to this, he also wasn't benefiting from luck, like dropped interceptions everywhere before converting, which was get so many guys labeled meme QBs.

>wide open receivers
I could have had at least 400 yards against that eagles D

Same could be said for the Pats D

Compare Foles without Jeff Fisher to Foles with and get back to me

Nick Foles atleast had to might throws into tight windows, I'd say his stat line is more impressive having actually watched the game

>People STILL falling for the "le shitty pats defense" meme

He wasn't good enough for the Rams.
What does that tell you.

The defense was pretty equal, while Brady wasn't getting sacked a lot he had to get the ball out quickly, the pocket was collapsing often. Also a lot of those throws to Gronk were in tight coverage, the one TD over the shoulder in the 4th was an incredible throw and catch.

Pats D never had any sort of pressure, and there was breakdown after breakdown in the secondary. Foles' best throw was that bomb to Alshon in the 1st, beautiful throw where only the WR could get it and amazing catch as well.

Pats gave up only 15.3 points a game since week 3

He threw to Aghlolor in a very tight window that game

He had quite a few good throws, nobody would dispute that. Both defenses were also awful, these things aren't mutually exclusive.

he's actually pretty decent he's just been a bit too inconsistent to land a starting job thus far. He saved a team with a massive fanbase when it looked like all was lost with a stunning playoff performance - statistically one of the best postseason performances ever, with amazing completion percentage and passer rating. he had one shitty season which is why he was forgotten about, but I think it's important to remember that he played under Jeff Fisher, who also made Case Keenum and Jared Goff bad. All three have become massively better after leaving Fisher. Foles is simultaneously young and good enough to be an improvement at QB for a lot of teams. Foles had a great team to back him up, but he's shown signs that he could do just as well again.

I think this whole meme qb thing started with Flacco. He's not actually all that bad either, he just didn't deserve a salary like that.

Because NFL management is notoriously fickle and uses emotion and feeling over stats and facts. No team with even a shitbitch QB even considered starting Foles, and even only played him because of an injury. This same virtual shunning bullshit happened to Tebow too.

At least in baseball there is the "its just a slump" assumption, where if say a Verlander had a 3 game streak of giving up 7 runs people would be worried but they'd just let him work out his slump. In the NFL if you threw 3 INT a game 3 games, you'd probably have the sports radio head hunting your ass and there would be serious real talk of pulling you for good.

Foles had some of the best stats ever shown by a QB, then ran into a serious rough patch and then was considered total trash. The potential was always there to be great, he showed that but he slumped hard at one point and everyone gave up on him.

In Baseball he'd just have worked the kinks out and been a 20 win pitcher who went to the World Series. NFL teams cannot stomach failure so they can't see someones innate abilities and skills and their potential to be great someday.

>only played in usa
>world champions

>London is America

harrison alone had 2 hits and 6 hurries

the league i mean THE LEAGUE ITS AN AMERICAN LEAGUE WITH ONLY AMERICAN TEAMS

The USA owns the world

>This same virtual shunning bullshit happened to Tebow too.
Except Teboq was always trash and is still the very definition of a meme qb

>muh mechanics
Tebow was good

>yuros get bent out of shape about this again

lmao like clockwork

>muh heart
>muh Christianity
*takes 25-yard sack*

Pats had a total of five QB hits and 11 hurries in the whole game, many of them weren't even legitimately threatening. Eagles had a total of 17 hurries, 4 hits, 1 sack (fumble). Literally nobody watched that game and came away saying Pats ever got any sort of legitimate pressure on more than three or four plays, it sounds more like you're trying to argue for the sake of arguing.

>runs for TD on the next play
>wins a playoff game
Found the triggered fedora

its almost like there are a lot more games in baseball than in football

i watched the game. the pass rush was absolutely lacking. On both sides, but moreso from the pats. but your assertion that there was never pressure is demonstrably false.

do they design the rings prior to the game?

Name a team outside of America that can beat the World Champion Eagles at Gridiron

God I love her feet

t. Believes Wakanda is real

Remember when Sup Forums was full of guys that never used the word meme? Remember when we started to use the word meme it was only in reference to black QB's? Fuck you idiots

yup
nytimes.com/2018/02/04/sports/super-bowl-rings.html

That fischer really is that retarded

And please tell me all the superbowl contenders they played

Just admit you dumb fucking niggers don't know what a meme QB is

>tfw no more Hurricaneb Owl threads

Based italy

>being this mad

eh...close enough

Is having a pocket QB that can actually throw that rare nowadays that they're a meme?

field a team then pussy

the CFL USA expansion was a national disgrace desu and nobody but Canada could even attempt to challenge murrica

Yards don't mean anything, friendo.

That just simply indicates that your offense has to drive the length of the field and never has a short field to work with. If you take away a lot of the garbage yardage that eventually led to no points, you'd find that the yardage would be comparable to Foles.

The difference is that Foles and his offense only punted once and was intercepted once. Every other drive, that is 8/10, they scored points. He absolutely outplayed Tom Brady. Foles had 3TDs through the air and 1TD receiving. He was throwing dimes left and right all day long into tight windows.

Lastly, and certainly not least, what was the score at the end of the game? There were no special teams or defensive TDs on either side. Both offenses had to earn points and both had very similar running success. Foles outplayed Brady, live with it.

This isn't like any other sport where the level of competition is at least somewhat comparable.

Imagine the basketball dream teams in the olympics X1000, if not more. They already play the IFAF where undrafted college kids blow out every other country that competes. Like D3 athletes too, not even D1 or D2.

Is that the greatest throw and catch in SB history? Fucking 10/10 throw, 10/10 catch. That's how you fucking win SB, Eagles won that shit with fucking elite play.

NOBODY fucking breathed on him all game. he was basically able to throw darts in a practice setting. one of those little foam noodle things chucky uses on ESPN would put more pressure on him than the Patriots futile D

>being this incapable of seeing what's happening on a football field
Pats got good pressure, Big Dick Nick just had fucking expert pocket awareness and knew exactly where to step to buy enough to to make throws. Brady-mode.

That interception was a 10/10 throw, just a football play that Jeffery popped it up exactly wrong to the DB. Nothing with a good arm punt anyways.

Foles had the greatest quarterbacking day in SB history, deal with it.

Trent Dilfer has a ring too, and Marino doesn’t.

Even if you wanted to label him a meme QB
That just means system brady lost to a meme backup QB
LMFAO

Anyone calling Wilson a meme is actually retarded

Super bowl winner

Blue eyes dragon is the legend incarnate. All the memes came true.

Technically from what I gather a meme QB is a mobile QB, typically black. Not only is he as pasty as all hell, but he can't run for shit either. Is still an elite WR though with the Philly Special, apparently.

/thread

He's also raising his wife's son though

How are there only 6 players on the line of scrimmage?

I wouldn't call Russel Wilson a meme. The Seahawks' defense makes the team, but Russ carries one of the worst offensive groups in the league.

i don't know how those stats break down by half, but it looked like the Eagles had some decent pressure on Brady in the first half, then almost none in the second except for the game-winning strip-sack.

I think part of this is down to the fact that the refs were letting the O-lines get away with a lot on both sides. Not a single holding call (or any other O-line penalty) all game, despite both teams passing most of the time over 4 quarters, especially the Pats.

eh, not really a 10/10 throw. maybe 8/10. He threw it slightly behind Jeffries which allowed Gilmore just enough to be involved in the play and break it up. Another couple feet under that ball and it's a completion and possibly a TD. Was still a good catchable throw but not perfect. The fact that it became an INT was just an unlucky bounce, not Foles or anyone's fault really.

>He just looks at the box score instead of watching the game even for the super bowl
Brady had more bad throws, 1 good throw and no incredible throws, plus a drop on that trick play that ended up being huge. Foles consistently threw into tighter windows and got a touchdown on his trick play.
Also,
>4th quarter drive to take the lead
Foles did the same but he actually won the game, brady ended up getting two more chances and couldn't make it happen.

If anything it was the opposite, his only interception (this entire postseason) was a fluke interception that could have easily been a shit ton more yards and another TD for him.

Rewatch the drive to retake the lead in the 4th. Foles got hit several times on that drive alone.

that 2014 men's germany team should have their world cup win vacated because they never played the 2014 LA Galaxy team who won the MLS cup that year