Anyone watch the Last Kinodom? This season is pretty good so far

Anyone watch the Last Kinodom? This season is pretty good so far

Waiting for season 2 to finish then going to marathon the lot. Season 1 is some of the best telly going.

discount jon snow

Because he has the black fur?

Saxon Kino

Only watched episode 1 so far. Who the fuck is the nun who's a main character now? I can't remember where she came from.

I thought the scene where Uthred pretends to be a spooky skeleton was pretty goofy. I'm gonna keep watching for Based Alfred though, no matter what dumbass hijinks Uthred gets into.

Nice to see they're including god tier characters from the books like Finan, Steapa and Sitric, hope they include more.
>pic related is what younger Uhtred should look like

i think she's a new character because i dont remember her at all from s1

Hilde? She's the nun that Uhtred and Leofric saved from rape in Wintanceaster while it was being raided in season 1

i dont remember that at all

Is the new season on Netflix yet? (USA)?

It's very good. So much happens in every episode. It feels like short movies. No unnecessary filler.

However, I can't get over his shittily grown little goatee. Makes him look like such a little pussy when he's constantly surrounded by men with absolutely patrician facial hair.

Read the book series, it's bretty gud. Waiting for season 2 now.

Fucking trash what it is

Dont worry about him, jon snow dosnt even have black fur anymore, its brown and occasionaly white with black ash spota

>Read the book series
I DONT HAVE FUCKING TIME JESUS FUCK I WISH I DID THIS AND MORE ALLASTAIR REYNOLDS WOULD BE TOP OF THE LIST

free bump

Season 1

>I am King Alfred I hate you Dane
>saves King Alfred
>King Alfred doesn't thank him and still hates him
>saves King Alfred and Wessex
>saves King Alfred and Wessex again
>King Alfred doesn't thank him and still hates him. Now Alfred's wife is sperging at him too.
>saves King Alfred, Wessex, King Alfred's family, all his loved ones and the idea of the future nation of England
>King Alfred whispers "Th-thanks!" and runs away to baptise vikings

Other than King Alfred being an illogical, badly written cunt, it was really good.

Alfred is the only rational character in the show you fucking pagan

For a BBC production it has a remarkably low shitskin count. I spotted maybe two or three obvious random arab shitskin extras in the whole of two seasons. It's better than vikings in this regard for sure

I wonder what brida's feet smell like haha

I've only watched most of the first episode. But so far

>le inept Britons cannot defeat le niggers of europe
>strong warrior meme kid survives and impresses his viking masters
>I am the viking now

Now I am assuming
>I constantly have to prove my worth as I am an outsider
>I win the respect of my viking brethren through my prowess in battlle
>kid with the one eye later turns out to be a season long adversary
Am I in the ballpark? It all feels a little cliché. I'm having a hard timing watching it.

he looks like discount brad pitt

give it time. the brownies will show up eventually. they always do.

Actually, more of the show is him trying to prove his worth to the christians because he considers himself a viking, and the one-eye kid only makes a return in season 2. The show subverts some cliches and fully embraces lots of others. If you're interested in watching it, don't take it too seriously, it can get pretty campy.

>>le inept Britons
They can't they lost in the long run and was taking over by the vikings. Or did the Norman conquest of Britain not happen in you world view King Alfred was the only guy who was able to do shit against them.

To be fair Harold would have won the day had that arrow not found his eye slit at Hastings.

He's got the Jon Snow face and costume

>t. crusty mayo boy

TELL THAT TAE BEBBANBURG

shit show btw

discount orlando bloom

The Anglo-Saxons won at Stamford Bridge though, that's generally taken as the end of the Viking age. The Normans by the 1060s were something else.

too nordic looking, uhtred is explicitly saxon, him just looking like another viking fuck would just confuse audiences

Saxons are ethnically basically the same as Danes. Their original homeland was right next to Denmark. Hell, the Jutes invaded Britain with the Angles and Saxons and Jutland is Denmark.

What about Sweyn Forkbeard and Cnut

>Fucking trash what it is
Elaborate.

>cliche
Based on historical events.
They can only deviate so far.

Cnut died in 1035 and his descendants were utter fucking failures who couldn't hold shit for more than 2 decades

>cnut
>tfw we will never get a show with this qt 3.14

Not enough Viking to be Viking, not enough fantasy to be GoT,not enough interesting to be black sails,not enough accurate to be Rome.
I gave this show a fair chance but honestly every scene strikes me as bargain copy of Some better show .
From acting,fighting,costumes , whole show reeks on cheap chink knockoff
it looks almost the same but you feel something'swrong

yes his sons were buttfuck retarded but Cnut and his Father take over England and did establish an empire no matter how short lived.

Why was he so mean to his qt as fuck wife?
>tfw no qt faithful and caring virgin wife to start a family with and run a comfy medieval homestead with