>Field Report: Syrian Army makes fresh gains in Darayya
>In Video: Army ambush destroys jihadi vehicle in eastern Hama
>ISIS suicide attacks kill 135 Kurdish fighters in 3 days
>Tiger Forces advance in North Aleppo
>Massive explosion rocks Army base in southeast Aleppo
>Yemen: 179 Saudis reported dead by fatal missile strike

Previous

Other urls found in this thread:

almasdarnews.com/article/senior-rebel-commander-assassinated-unknown-assailants/
youtube.com/watch?v=1xINDUO8XCg
twitter.com/TheArabSource/status/754769461220024322
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754776800144846848
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754778472124383234
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754781143237623808
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TIGER FORCES DEFENDING MALLAH FARMS RIGHT NOW FROM NUSRA ATTACK!

GODSPEED NIMR SLAY THE NUSRATS
GODSPEED SAA, LIWA AL-QUDS & NDF

>YOU SHALL NOT PASS

good luck

>Moving from a little paradise in the mediterranean to a little town in LA PAMPA.
She is going to get bored to death

I assume Nusra are attacking from the west.

Any idea of numbers involved?

Also, how many rebel fighters are inside the Aleppo kessel?

Masdar reports this too now, lays blame with ISIS sleeper cells

I prefer infighting but heck, a dead jihadi commander is a dead jihadi commander, cant be picky

almasdarnews.com/article/senior-rebel-commander-assassinated-unknown-assailants/

So let me get this straight:

Our primary air defense missile was unable to kill the easiest possible aerial target, not once, but twice on the same day?

OP has new thread themes and featured videos. enjoy

The SAA are killing comanders almost everyday. Who the fuck cordinates the FSA?

I HAVE A TOY FOR YOU ERDOGAN

THE FSA LOVED THIS TOY SO MUCH

THEY CRIED WHEN I CUT IT OFF

yes

thanks minnesotan

Can /sg/ answer this question:

What is Israel and Turkey currently (July 2016) doing or supporting in Syria?

supporting jihadis
I think they're both starting to give up, though

Probably west yes, I assume the attack is somewhat serious. Minor attacks were often unreported

@Syria_Protector
#BREAKING: #JN jihadists launched new attack on #SAA in southern #Mallah N of #Aleppo, No areas lost, SAA on defense situation atm

@MIG_29
#Mallah update : JN start an attack on Mallah Farms.

>Su-22 and Su-24 secured the closure of the Castillo road to Aleppo

Every time.

Tony Toh confirm it, so is true, absolutely BTFO

New here, this might sound ignorant but how exactly is ISIS this big a threat?

I just learned ISIS actually controls territory in Syria and Iraq. Physical territory on the map that armies can bomb and invade. I always thought it was a bunch of people meeting in secret inside a stable country or something. But no, you can actually see physical positions ISIS controls on the map. What the fuck. Doesn't pretty much everybody want ISIS gone? Why don't countries just throw money at the problem and literally just bomb and invade?

The video itself
youtube.com/watch?v=1xINDUO8XCg

>Doesn't pretty much everybody want ISIS gone?

If they did ISIS wouldn't exist. They say they want them gone but ISIS is created, funded and armed by the west.

Please to be explaining how to pick out normal people from ISIS people, gopnick

Oh come on, those are just conspiracy theories. Kind of like the moon landings were faked and 9/11 was an inside job.

To be fair, drones are not that easy to target and take out if they are of a small size. Their radar signature is small as is their target profile. Missile seekers, warheads and overall design are not designed to counter them.
If it was the size of a Cessna it would have been shot down, but since this was likely the size of a large dog or something, not so much.

>I just learned ISIS actually controls territory

Where the fuck have you been al those years? you dont even browse internet, read or watch the news?

don't worry mate. we were just taking some nice pics.

Exactly, I don't know about the moon landings but buildings don't just explode down.

>I just learned ISIS actually controls territory in Syria and Iraq.

You just learned this?

You're an idiot.

>senior rebel leader assassinated in Daraa
twitter.com/TheArabSource/status/754769461220024322

I don't really follow politics. Just recently after the turkey coup have i started reading about it.

I know. The question still stands though. You have a clear location where ISIS is. Why isn't anybody doing anything about it?

First thing to note: ISIS territory is largely desert

The available ground forces in Syria & Iraq are sometimes not too well trained, low on manpower or busy on other fronts

Western nations dont want to deploy thousands of soldiers, even America because Obama is doing his "less interference"-policy stuff ("no boots on the ground", etc)

So that means fighting ISIS is left to local troops while Western countries and Russia support with bombing. Bombing isnt as easy as youd think, many of ISIS controlled cities or even towns still have population.

Iraqi forces are starting to really get somewhere fighting ISIS. Syrian forces are largely busy on other fronts (at this moment). Kurdish forces are making small advances in northern Syria. ISIS is weakening, its taken a lot of time but it is.

I don't know shit about shit

If the FSA are actual democratic rebels, why not support them? Do they have direct, not just by-conjecture ties to terrorists?

>New here, this might sound ignorant but how exactly is Viet Cong this big a threat?
>I just learned VIet Cong actually controls territory in Vietnam. Physical territory on the map that armies can bomb and invade. I always thought it was a bunch of people meeting in secret inside a stable country or something. But no, you can actually see physical positions Viet Cong controls on the map. What the fuck. Doesn't pretty much everybody want Viet Cong gone? Why don't countries just throw money at the problem and literally just bomb and invade?

how is Deir-Ez Zor?
please tell me my boys are okay

No one is willing to risk their heads, plus Isis fights Assad and western leaders doesnt like Assad more than Isis

>democratic rebels

SAA reinforced it a few days ago. I think they are comfy for now.

SOON!

Thanks Minnesota lad, I hope we see Greater Minnesota in our lifetiime.

>If the FSA are actual democratic rebels, why not support them?

Because they're jihadists

Also:

>Democracy is always good

the opposition consists mainly of Al-qaeda and a few big groups identical to AQ in ideology, with CIA "vetted" groups acting as fire support with no say in how "liberated" areas are governed

Thank you for a serious answer user.

So the problem is civilian people who still haven't gotten out. And if you drop something like millions of fliers saying you're gonna bomb this town in a few days, ISIS fighters are probably just not going to let the civilian people leave.

Well shit.

you're naive.
There's nothing conspirational here.
It's a game of pawns and proxies, no western country want to fully commit in this war, they finance the ones that want to kill the ones they hate the most

>"Army of Jihad"
>""""""""Moderate""""""""""

You don't know whether the inhabitants of the area controlled by ISIS are supporting it or are just hostages of them. You cannot ethically bomb the area into oblivion

>my boys
your tax money was used by your president to bomb them once, they are not your boys american poster, you are their enemy :^)

>clashes in Turkey still
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754776800144846848
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754778472124383234

Obvious first objective.

Nothing like /x/ here, all have proof and is correct

Supposedly it's already been closed, but no confirmation.

No yet, SAA need to siege Bani Zeid District and all is over

yup, mostly moderates protecting their democracy.

Theyre fighting alongside al-Nusra (Syrian al-Qaeda) on 95% of the fronts

And even if they didnt, their democratic nature is VERY questionable.

Other groups of largest significance are Ahrar al-Sham (anti-democracy "democracy is a western invention" Islamist extremists) and Jaish al-Islam (have used chemical weapons, hate every non-Sunni)

NOT A SINGLE FSA-ALIGNED GROUP is among the biggest players in the Syrian insurgency.

yellow team looks fucked

>tfw you went instinct

so the fsa isn't actually a single unit, but rather a term prescribed to a whole bunch of different groups working together loosely, some which are jihadists?

>some

>Some

Roughly, that's a good simplified explanation.

A part you're missing is that even the "Moderate" non-jihadists are staunch traditionalists and their form of democracy usually leads to tyranny and increased oppression of other minorities and non "proper" muslims.

Yellow is Kurdish. they're on SAA's side

>If the FSA are actual democratic rebels
They aren't. There were some secular rebels when the war started, mostly an anti-Assad faction in the army, and their supporters. Even with these people their intent to establish democracy is extremely dubious.

Most of these secular rebels are either dead, defected to islamists, or fled to Turkey. What's left are varying degrees of islamists. Nowadays most of what's left is Al Qaeda/ISIS tier.

Because "democratic rebels" was just a meme to gain western support. All of the opposition to Assad was always sunni islamists, they wanted sharia law not democracy.

The actual (Television) news just stated that they closed the road, I assumed that meant it was done, my bad.

For now.

all of them are jihadists, some of them are """moderate"""" jihadists like your president calls them. You are actually supporting them, even al nursa, al qaida branch in syria.

Because assad is bad and need to go

>democratic rebels
>proceeds to slaughter civilians and shell markets with hell cannons

A big factor in ISIS rise is Turkey not controlling their borders properly

Thousands and THOUSANDS of Jihadists crossed the (admittedly long and rugged) Syrian-Turkish border

Many think the Turks batted an eye on purpose because they thought that would quickly get rid of Assad. Lately though ISIS and Turks clash near the borders and ISIS are sometimes shelling Turkish villages so some think this is definitely over now.

Let me demonstrate something here. Pic related is a pro-Assad protest.

>for now
for good. Sheikh Maqsoud is alone. For them, it's either fight Jihadis or die

Another pro-Assad protest..

It truly sounds like something from Warhammer 40k.

And now, women in a protest in Kafranbel, a town which was usually portrayed as a place where the local FSA had a high influence and al-Nusra had a lower influence

>UPDATE: All roads leading to the #Alevi neighbourhood have been blocked by Turkish police #Malatya: local sources - @cdersim3
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/754781143237623808

Turkshit general soon

hmm

And another..

>no burqas or hijabs

sluts

And school in "liberated" (rebel-held) Idlib

Let the pictures do the talking

What is the situation with North Koreans working in Poland?
Are they still in Poland?

I heard earlier the siege of Aleppo city will take years, can anyone explain why?

Do they build tunnels for resupply like other pockets? They would starve within a few months surely without external help...

dunno it never hits mainstream media, they're probably still there and no one gives a fuck

I don't know Hans, what did they do in Leningrad?

Sheikh Maqsoud is the best redpill in Syria

The Kurds, who are always presented as good guys in Western media, are literally dying there to defend their district against waves of jihadists, who the same media AND the Americans tried to sell as good guys

Does the Syrian government attack them? No, the Kurds' supply lines go through their area

there are dozens of other pockets that survived for years.
Just look around Damas.

There's the fact that you can't let civilians die or starve like that, too.

Tunnels are one way, bribes are another.

Plenty of militia members who will take a few hundred dollars to look the other way. And with all the foreign backing militias have virtually unlimited money supplies.

fugg, Syria sluts are hot.

Greater Syria has blessed this thread.

Also, which will come first - the complete encirclement of Aleppo or the liberation of Darayya?

Aleppo, the part to complete the siege is not total urban area meanwhile Darayya is a cement jungle, almost Stalingrad tier

they don't have an urgent need of securing (2), it's not like that part of the road is mandatory for them, all they need is prevent anyone using it. Also, I don't know the topography of it, but it might be quite open, and thus dangerous to actually secure, therefore (3) becomes the 2nd objective to take.
I'm not sure, but that's how I see it.

Allright, thnx

How many civs are even left in the rebel Aleppo areas? I cant imagine there being alot.

Darayya imo, the situation there for the FSA/Nusra can't be worse... oh yes, SAA advance today there and the WIA are keep rising. Only 700+ militants inside of the pocket, 25% WIA, 10% MIA and the rest on suicide watch

Darayya will come first, rebels there are close to finished.

Aleppo could take years. I think they will make a repeat of Homs though, and offer rebels+families relocation to Idlib.

>cant imagine there being alot.
Youd be surprised.
Estimates range from 150.000-300.000.

while government held Aleppo estimates range from 1.5 million - 3 million

The number has fluctuated between 250k and 300k, but I doubt that is the actual amount. I am betting it's less than 200k.

humansrights and cucks remind me everyday there are millions of them being butchered in alleppo, so I guess enough to prevent us from just bombing it all down.

May I ask, what changed in American foreign policy, where supporting a "dictator" is now seen as undesirable?

I mean, we didn't have that much of a problem with it during the Cold War, is it solely due to the collapse of the Soviet Union, where supporting dictators was seen as a better alternative than letting countries fall into commie hands?

It all makes perfect sense to support a secular leader like Assad, he's seems like the best your could hope for in a Muslim country, he's not even crazy like Gaddafi.