1. Your country

1. Your country
2. Is your country a breeding ground for HEROes?

1. America
2. Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/
youtube.com/watch?v=_IsUJ7gCsfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

YES

>An American has to save a bunch of fleeing baguettes
Pottery

>Europeans thought we were joking when we said that guns can prevent catastrophes from happening
Lmao if Eurocucks had the right to bear arms, they wouldn't have such a huge problem with terrorism

>guns can prevent catastrophes from happening
26 people died

1. Brazil
2. Yes, everyone that is alive here is a hero. Otherwise you wouldn't be alive.

As opposed to the many many more that would have happened if they had to sit around and wait for the police the way the kids in Norway did (worst mass shooting in history btw).

The gun used by the shooter was already illegal. Gun free zones and gun bans don't stop shooting. They just put more blood on your hands.

My dad went to Brazil on a business trip, said most Brazilians were great and outgoing nice people. They were driving home after going out to dinner, and a guy came out in front of the car with a gun. Driver really quick just zoomed past the guy without a 2nd thought. Pretty cool moment.

Really? 26 shot and the message you take away is "thank God for guns he could be shot before killing 27!"

Without guns he wouldn't have been able to go on a shooting spree

ah yes, one isolated case in Norway justifies your insane amount of shooting. now i truly see.
dog bless

You are more likely to get hit by a car then shot by a gun, but go ahead and fall for some bs sensationalist media.

Guns are used far more often to protect people and to get food than they ever are used to attack.

Also our death rates from mass shootings per capita are no higher than Europes, we are just a bigger country than you are:

crimeresearch.org/2015/06/comparing-death-rates-from-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

>if they had to sit around and wait for the police
funny, this reminded me of an article about how different students in school shootings used different tactics to survive
those who barricaded their classrooms or jumped through windows to escape survived while those who hid under desks or tried to hide were usually killed

I dont know who is teaching people that the appropriate response to a shooting is to sit still and wait for it to pass, cuz clearly that doesnt work

>insane amount of shooting

The shooter had explosives and more guns in his vehicle. By shooting him and chasing him for 11 miles at 95mph until he lost control they probably stopped the final death count from being many more than 26.

>mass shooting every week
>No this isn't a problem

1. australia
2. YES
youtube.com/watch?v=_IsUJ7gCsfM

Once again, you are FAR more likely to die from cancer or heart disease. Mass shootings are pure sensationalism, like shark attacks or what have you, the vast majority of gun violence and mass shootings are already stopped by bystanders with guns.

you know, people have been spending millions of dollars in research to prevent cancer and heart disease

what is being done about shootings?

>Getting rid of gun control and arming everyone doesn't wor-

>The Crime Prevention Research Center is a nonprofit founded in 2013 by John Lott, author of the book “More Gun, Less Crime.” He is best known as an advocate in the gun rights debate, particularly his arguments against restrictions on owning and carrying guns
hmmmmm yes, i wonder why this one site in particular is showing statistics that don't make any fucking sense
you tell me i'm falling for sensationalist media but you're just reading what you want to see.

>we don't have a problem with mass shootings because we also have an obesity problem

A few things:

1) Actively focusing and obsessing about mass shooters who are statistically irrelevant thus encouraging more copy cat shooters. (It has been proven more media attention leads to more shootings)
2) Putting up or pushing for absolutely RETARDED gun control legislation which threatens human rights and does absolutely nothing other than punish law abiding citizens. (The gun used by the shooter was an illegal gun for example like criminals don't give a fuck about the law by definition).
3) Putting up """"gun free zones"""" all over schools, churches, public venues, and theatres thus assuring that people are unable to fight back and limit the number of casualties, also attracting most shooters (98% of mass shootings occur in gun free zones).

so, you do nothing and expect things to change?

Makes perfect sense. USA is a bigger nation, you hear much more about our mass shootings but in fact they are no higher than Europes. And in BOTH cases they are totally irrelevant, you should be much much more terrified of cars than guns.

Dying in a mass shooting is literally a one in a million event.

>this one time in norway 77 people died
>that's basically the same as the hundreds that have been killed in shartistan this year alone
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

>threatens human rights
Gun ownership is not a human right you imbecile

I have no power to do anything, though if I was supreme American dictator:

1) First of all, discourage the media from sensationalizing mass shootings since it literally inspires copy cats. I'd have to work around the 1st amendment, but all gun control needs to work around the 2nd so whatever.
2) Inspire mutual trust (and empathy) in each other and in our government through our schools and universities. This is the key to lowering violence and crime rates in general.
3) Gun bans for anyone with violent records at all. (Not that this makes too much a difference as this guy got a gun with a violent record in spite of a ban but laws send a message too)
4) IF anyone sets up a """""""""""gun-free zone"""""""""""""""" they need armed and trained guards to protect this gun free zone otherwise they are merely sitting ducks. That means if a school wants to be "gun free" they need to get teachers trained to shoot. IF anyone is shot in a """"gun-free zone""" anyone responsible for this travesty is given life in prison with hard labor. The superintendents of Sandy Hook Elementary (for example) should be in prison for life.

Thankfully, in this shooting, a neighbor was able to run and grab his rifle and limited the deaths to 26. If the pastor had been armed, or anyone else within that church, there might only be 1 death--the shooters.

>26 people died but hey, some cowboys chased the shooter just after so MURRICA MURRICA

>they need to get teachers trained to shoot
this suggestion has always been funny to me

theres so many things that could go wrong with this scenario, but I guess people dont care since they think only black people will get shot in the end

Gun free school zones are a federal law

Then I will overtun that fucking murderous, horrific law asap. Like seriously, fuck that fucking law as it is responsible for the deaths of countless children.

Stuff can go wrong in every scenario and black people are already disproportionately the victims in our """""gun free"""" status quo, nice try playing the race card though.

Um it's right there in the constitution sweetie

churchgoers should have had guns, they didn't unfortunately

Yes it pretty much is, its the foundation of all other human rights. Human rights BEGIN with ability to defend all other rights--aka guns.

>Without guns he wouldn't have been able to go on a shooting spree
gun control is not going to prevent criminals from getting guns.

>not bringing your AR-15 to mass for personal defense and keeping it in the rear book-receptacle of the pew in front of you

Not in a country flooded with guns that's for sure

So they need more guns to face the problem

I'm not anti gun, but that's a very stupid analogy.
How many people drive cars each day? Of course you are more likely to get killed in a car accident. This entire fucking country drives cars to work every single day.

> they wouldn't have such a huge problem with terrorism
>not, and I quote you "sensationalist media"

Thank you for not having the most blatant double standards, god bless your common core education.

>he hasnt accepted that nothing will ever change in this country and that living in constant fear of shootings is the most reasonable thing you can do
I honestly feel bad for people that think a single gun law will ever be passed

Yeah of course. Doesn't change what is far far more likely to kill you. It is a 1 in a million chance. Yes, we should try to avoid them where possible (aka by eliminating gun free zones and ensuring armed citizens are always present), but there is a reason why the media sensationalizes stories like these so much.

That is a different poster than me. I agree that if the media downplayed ISIS shit it would not have gotten as big as it did, it was just free advertisement for ISIS to see themselves looking like sensational badasses and causing terror all over Europe/USA. That's why they desperately put in their name for the Las Vegas shooter. They wanted the attention.

However, in spite of the Uzbek trucking last week or whatever, I think its safe to say ISIS is very much done. They are dead and good riddance to them.

Since when did Sup Forums become such an anti-gun reddit circlejerk? I get the US memes but jeez.

Didn't they agree to ban bump stocks after the Vegas shooting? I think even the NRA was for it.
But our congress can't even pass something that they agree on so i'm not surprised. All that happened was that people ended up buying more bumpstocks in the process.

>living in constant fear of shootings is the most reasonable thing you can do
Part and parcel of living in a big country.

Tons of gun laws have already been passed, they jsut do nothing to stop gun violence because criminals don't care about gun laws and gun laws are totally irrelevant to Americas gun problem. Some gun laws, like "gun free zones" encourage more gun violence and not less.

>le let's ban cars analogy xD

Most people have cars, most people use them on a daily basis, you don't wave and shoot your gun everyday in the streets

Bump stock is a meme, you can 3d print them from your home. Like.....it would do nothing to stop mass shootings at all. Why waste resources? Because it feels good to pass meaningless bullshit unenforceable legislation?

Americans taught me the phrase, "convenience store cowboy".

Hopefully and so for you. At the very least it would be useful if you didn't have a law blocking finding data for it.
The NRA have you locked up in a state of ignorance and that alone is criminal.

Why pass any laws at all in this country? You can build a fucking cannon in your backyard if you know your shit, lets make recreational cannons legal cause criminals dont care xD

whats stopping me from making bombs again?

>you don't wave and shoot your gun everyday in the streets

>you don't wave and shoot your gun everyday in the streets
You don't know me

The NRA didn't block data. The USA doesn't allow federal funding for CDC studies that seeks to promote gun control. Plenty of private studies have been done. (See for example)

I do think its a stupid law and we should try to understand what types of gun control are actually efficacious. But its not like all data is banned just that funded by federal monies

Bump stock ban would do nothing and is purely emotional on your part.

The ATF knocking at your door

America should just implement a police whereby in any public place there should always be two guys carrying a rifle, just in case, they need to stop a mass shooter.

And I say to guys, just so in the eventually that one of them gets some nasty idea, the other can neutralise him.

Hmmm

Everything is emotional, building fire codes are emotional, life is emotional. Fuck the government, lets just have anarchy and let the free market take care of everything. I have bids on recreational nukes.

Bombs are tricky and require at least some basic intelligence as well as a severe lack of empathy/sense of civic and national responsibility in general.

Nah fire building codes actually help people in fires. Bump stock bans do nothing for victims in shootings.

Smart man.

Really? Because if they were banned the vegas shooter wouldnt have been going full auto at the crowd.

Are Uzis legal in the USA? I want to get one when i move

Yeah he would have been, it literally takes zero effort to print out a bump stock its literally just a dinky piece of plastic.

Yeah the bump stocks that he was gonna design with his handy engineering knowledge and use his handy 3d printer to print. Sounds legit.
The same way he was gonna 3d print a cannon and start shooting it towards the crowd.

You don't need extensive engineering knowledge to hit "print" or to make a bump stock. Its not as complicated as a bomb or a cannon. Its literally just a dinky piece of plastic.

why does everyone want to take our guns so much?
i guess all these yuros are just really saddened by the loss of those southern religious americans that they always admire so much?
hmm

That graph is balls-to-the-wall retarded. First of all, you are not controlling for any other factors causing crime. Also, aside from laws, most variation in gun ownership is income. That's why wealthier countries have more guns, everything else being equal. Everything else being equal, they also have less crime.

Next, you can't use linear regression on that plot, since homicide rates are always non-negative. The line goes below zero, which makes no goddamn sense. Also, there is huge heteroskedasticity, which renders it invalid in another way. How about trying to into statistics before posting these retardations?

Most of the other wealthy countries heavily restrict handguns, which are used in the vast, vast majority of homicide rates. Long guns are totally unsuitable for most crimes, so it doesn't make sense to compare just gun ownership rates.

Please don't enact gun laws. Who will we laugh at otherwise?

Actually in this case it literally would have. The shooter wasn't legally allowed to own a gun but still purchased one. The vendor and law enforcement were not doing their jobs.

>one of the worst mass shootings in the states history
>but the day was saved cause the shooter was killed by some locals who happened to be driving by instead of rotting in jail cell

and what's stopping him from getting it through illegal means if there was gun control? it's not like laws stop people from getting illegal substances either.

I like this idea.