Need help finding an old movie

Hi Sup Forums, I need your help rediscovering an old movie from my childhood. I remember seeing it when I was maybe in the 12-14 age range. It might have been on TNT's Monster Vision, or it could have been one of the movies that came on in the early morning hours after the segment ended for the night.

My memories of it are foggy, but I seem to remember it was a dubbed Japanese film from roughly sometime in the 70's with a heavy apocalyptic theme. For some reason, I seem to remember it was about nuclear war, but I could be wrong. There's a scene where the sea becomes poisoned, killing tons of fish that get washed up on the shore, while an old Japanese guy (possibly a main character?) curses at God for allowing it to happen.

But by far the most striking scene in the movie (the whole reason I want to find it again), is at the very end. After the world ends and civilization is wiped up, it cuts to several millions of years in the future. It shows two "humans," now devolved into baboon-like creatures, fighting over a snake for a food in the sands of a hellishly red nuked out wasteland.

Pic is vaguely similar to how I remember them looking.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hPJUMthmzKQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was it Virus?

I just looked it up. It's not, but thank you for the help. This still looks like a pretty cool movie.

Was it live action or anime?

Live action. Sorry, that's probably important.

Around what year did you see this on TV? Were all of the actors Japanese?

Since I was about 12-14, it would have been somewhere around 1997-1999. I don't remember if all of the actors were Japanese or not, but I think most of them were. It's worth noting, another scene I remember was of a big group of people out in public, like at a park. There's a part where it shows a little nude Japanese boy splashing around in a fountain. This stuck with me because it was on TV, and they showed the wang and everything uncensored.

I hope you find it, bump

I looked around, but can't find it. If you think it was on MonsterVision, Cinemassacre has a page of everything that they showed on there between 1992 and 2000. Maybe a title will jog your memory. Good luck.

I'll look into that. Thank you!

I have one too
>japanese movie from th70-90s
>there is girl who is getting molested/raped all the time (its just shown that 2 guys are touching her boobs and laughing and talking, when she is unconscious
>there is doctor who is making whores vagina look like a virgin again
>dockor gets killed
>there ia fight scene
>girl gets rapes again and makes suicide
>cant remember
Pls halp

Here's another one...

>strange cult performing some kind of ritual
>have a woman tied down to a bed
>the cultists hold her mouth open and let a giant centipede crawl into her throat
>see the bulge as it travels from her throat into her stomach

That shit traumatized me as a kid.

OP here..

Another clue is I seem to remember Nostradamus or some kind of prophet or prophecy playing a role in the plot.

Was it colour or black and white?

Color.

Check this one

Nosutoradamusu no daiyogen (1974)

That's the one he's describing. What did you type in to find it?

THAT'S IT! THANK YOU!

Here's the scene I described above with the baboon creatures. They look slightly different than I remember, but this is them!

youtube.com/watch?v=hPJUMthmzKQ

well done user

japanese horror movie nostradamus

Glad we found it. Those kids look creepy as fuck. I hope the full movie is as good as you remember.

Your movie is Silent Night, Deadly Night 4: Initiation. Sorry, I can't find a clip, but I'd bet 5 bucks on it. Clint Howard helps put the bug in her gullet, and it's a coven of witches holding her down on a couch.

This is it! I'm looking for a clip now. I see Cinema Snob actually reviewed it.