How come they can't fight on holy ground? Why do aliens give a fuck about Earth Religions?

How come they can't fight on holy ground? Why do aliens give a fuck about Earth Religions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVQqXO9h2TU
youtu.be/Ze58HhMlObk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've never seen Highlander, is it actually good or is it memes?

Just watch the first one everything else is trash

It's unexplained. It's sci-fi. Use your imagination to invent a reason.

Perhaps the aliens know more about the universe than we do and things like "holy ground" in the minds of intelligent beings are more than mere concepts in the grand scheme of things.

Highlander 2 doesn't exist. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about

Highlander 2 is NOT CANON. Please stop this thread and delete all posts about aliens RIGHT NOW.

>aliens
I see what you're doing, cut that shit out.

ywn kill macleod and take over his 80's apartment

They actually explained this. All aliens on Ziest have immense respect for the religions of all planets.

It's best to just ignore absolutely everything else in the Highlander franchise.

The first is the only to exist.

They're not aliens, they're ancient extradimensional beings. Watch the Renegade Cut.

The series is better than the movie, any of them. True tvkino.

>How come they can't fight on holy ground?

It would be very rude

Watching old Spoony again?

They even removed references to them being aliens in later editions, so fuck off, OP.

The first movie is worth watching. Don't bother with anything else.

The TV series was good, and expands the universe in good ways. The concept is so good that it would be wasted on a single movie.

I also liked Endgame. You get Duncan and Connor in one movie, and the story ties things together well.

Bait aside, holy ground is a no-fight zone for the same reason there's "base" when you're playing tag, or guest right in Game of Thrones.

If you can't have a neutral zone where you can discuss shit without fear of getting murdered, it would just be a fucking free for all.

what if you are an atheist? Then what?

>It's unexplained. It's sci-fi. Use your imagination to invent a reason.
It isn't unexplained, they do get into it, it ties into leylines. I think the one with Mario van Peebles really got into it but it was explored in the show too.

Isn't that was the story is about? A free for all?

You probably don't experience The Quickening if you kill another immortal on holy ground.

I don't know, it's immortal magic.

It's alien magic, get it right!

well there you go

>can't fight on holy ground
>Jesus cast out money changers out of churches essentially flipping their tables and punching them

Jesus can fight on holy ground. Immortals can't.

Because DEUS VULT
It's OK, felt the rape and the death of the nigger were out of place

it's also kind of a sport so it's more fun to have some set rules

Highlander is actually about aliens?

A better question is: what happens if an immortal gets their head chopped off by someone who isn't an immortal?

Holy fuck, what a bunch of Highlander casuals in this thread.

They explained the holy ground thing in Highlander the Series. Joe tells Duncan that the only recorded instance of someone taking a head on holy ground was in a temple in Pompeii in AD 79.

So apparently taking a head on holy ground obliterates the fuck out of everything.

Why the fuck did they get a person that couldn't speak English to be the main character as a Scotsman? And then they cast Connery as an Egyptian or something.

The cartoon was fun, weird af but fun.

This was answered in Highlander: the Raven.

There is still a quickening event with lightning and shit, but it's wasted if no immortals is in proximity.

This, the series was goat, pretty fun to watch until the post France season

I remember people being killed in the 4 movie in a cementery or something but I'm not sure

Sorta? Think multidimensional beings with infinite reality-warping abilities, so I guess you could call them aliens.
All the energy just goes back to where it came from

No. The Immortals are supposed to be warriors with honor, not mad men. That's why the Kurgan was so feared. They were all fucking around but he was actually trying to win.

Highlander: The Source implies nothing happens, it's just a respect thing. Which really shits all over the scene in the first one where the Kurgan tells MacCleod he raped his woman and Connor doesn't rip his fucking head off. Although I wouldn't take much in terms of canon from Source
youtube.com/watch?v=DvS1BdiVC7o

The Source is non-canon as fuck.

The Series says the only recorded instance of a head being taken on holy ground caused the destruction of Pompeii.

The only decent followup to the first Highlander movie is 'The One'

There Can Only Be One.

Alright, Highlander reboot idea
>first of all, scrap everything but the first movie from canon
>Conner Macleod, since he can now grow old and star a family, has done exactly that
>he is now on his deathbed
>his son is called to let him know his father won't last the night, so he gets in his car and rushes to the hospital
>along the way he gets in a car crash and dies
>but it's his first death, as he was set to be an immortal
>you see the whole allowing you to age part of the prize was a safeguard to protect from someone like the Kurgan getting it, as he would eventually relinquish it when he died
>this allows for a new fight for the prize
>through blind fate or luck, Conner does not die before his son
>this means since he is no longer the only one, he is immortal again
>though still old, he is now healthy again, and can essentially play the Ramirez role for his son

So, good starting idea, or complete dog shit?

It was a Sanctuary for immortals who didn't want to fight anymore. In the third one Mario Van Peebers kills a holy man on holy ground and gets super powers.

That's not much better. Best to ignore all versions of Highlander 2.

too complicated. you need like half a film for exposition alone.

the whole thing just needs to be rebooted with new actors, otherwise it becomes a mess.

>general Katana from planet Zeist

Late 80s and early 90s was such a weird time where a lot of crazy shit got into movies because everyone was trying to impress the MTV generation by doing outrageous gnarly shit.

I think you could accomplish it by having some other immortal show up and say he had a "vision" when he died and needed to deliver a message to Conner. Then then he just gives an exposition dump about all of the stuffin his vision. Have it be a narration over the scene of him dieing in some interesting way so it's not boring and I think it'd be fine.

Highlander is a weird franchise because they really only have one finite story to tell which each installment tries to get around and it just keeps getting more and more retarded.

It's because the concept is so appealing.

The opening scene in H1 has it all.
Two intense modern-day dudes with swords duking it out in a parking lot because of some odd unexplained rules. The dudes are intense and there's no banter.

All you need is there.

Highlander 2 is not Canon, at least the theatrical version.

I've never really understood why they don't just try making prequel movies. Surely you could come up with some sort of bullshit storyline where the bad guy is trying to cheat the game somehow? Yet they keep going back to the idea that it has to be as much of a rehash of the first movie in one form or another.

>Highlander II: The Quickening
>Plot Synopsis
>In August 1995, news broadcasts announce that the ozone layer is fading, and will be completely gone in a matter of months. In Africa, millions have perished from the effects of unfiltered sunlight. Among the dead is Connor MacLeod’s wife, Brenda Wyatt MacLeod. Before dying, Brenda extracts a promise from Connor that he will solve the problem of the ozone layer.

what in the actual fuck lmao

The most noteworthy thing about this movie is that they cast a Frenchman to play a Scottish guy.
And a Scottish guy to play a Spanish.

i thought he was egyptian?

That's just Pablo pretending to be KANGZ

highlander is one of the few movies i'd like to see get a reboot if it was actually done right

>First Highlander
>Good

It's like watching the stage effects from every single 80's concert Cher and Kiss played put together

>Cory Yuen martial arts choreographer
>Gerard Butler as Macleod
>Kevin Durand as The Kurgan

Clancy Brown saves it with all his adlibbing, of which there was apparently a lot.

>Gerard Butler as Macleod

I thought it was meant to be GOOD.

How can you be aethist if you're an immortal who is unable to die by normal means, defying science and nature?

I just want an actual Scotsman to play the Highlander, and it's a damn sight better than RYAN REYNOLDS

Easy, it means -I'M'- God, and all other ones are false.

aye blossom

There's always Michael Fassbender

Yeah but he doesn't yell as awesome as Butler does, plus he's a fairy.

>signature look includes trenchcoat and katana
>theist

Highlander proves Celts are the Master race.

first is epic

rest are trash, but still great
2nd cyberpunk
3rd is shadowruny (with magic)

nah, Lamas is shit ... also endless number of this immortal race?

Butler would make a better villain than a lead in the film and would play well off Fassbender being slightly more meek. Throw Tom Hiddleston in as another immortal and Idris Elba in the older than dirt mentor role, and you have a pretty good seller, but the budget for actors alone would be bloated.

I laughed but fuck you.

Yeah, I deserve that...

>there are people on this planet who do not FUCKING LOVE Highlander 1.

How is that even possible?

It's a kind of magic.

By the princes of the universe.

The first one isn't that great.

Like, it's fun, it's got a cool sound track, but it's also kind of kitsch.

Don't get me wrong I like it, it's just not exactly a cinematic masterpiece.

Were Allah (swt) and Muhammad (pbuh) Immortals?

>3rd is shadowruny (with magic)

Doesn't shadowrun already have magic?

2nd is unwatchable (haven't seen the "renegade version" though)

>highlander is one of the few movies i'd like to see get a reboot if it was actually done right

I don't want a reboot of Highlander. I think the original still holds up.

Also, I can't imagine a proper Highlander film without a Queen soundtrack.

There is nothing wrong with the Highlander franchise.

Also, pic related, thanks for this thread, I needed something new to (re)watch.

Anyone remember that French cartoon version of the Highlander? Some kind of weird dystopian/post-apocalyptic science fiction.

Scotsmen are aliens?

No. Highlander 2 isn't canon.

They weren't intended to be aliens in the first one, it was supposed to be a supernatural thing, hence why the holy ground thing made sense

Why would a psycho like the Kurgan abide by these ruies? Who or enforces them?

It's never disclosed. All that is said about it is that it's the one rule that no Immortal will violate.

Eeeeh wasn't there a special cut of II that retconned the retarded alien scenes into scenes from a long lost technological civilizations form Earth's deep past?

Then where did Scotland come from?

Your input is shit. Shut the fuck up and kill yourself, no one cares.

Earth?

HEEEEEERE WE ARE

>but it's also kind of kitsch.

You use that word like it's a meant to be a negative.

BORN TO BE KANGZ

yep, was actually good.
youtube.com/watch?v=MVQqXO9h2TU

>Later editions
>Implying they exist.

Which one?

>Highlander 2
>canon

Literally every follow-up cancelled that garbage out entirely.

In Highlander 3, Connor's and Van Peebles' swords broke while fighting in church. In Search for Vengeance, Colin got struck by lightning for drawing his sword in Stonehenge.

Not sure about the series. Always hated Adrian Paul.

>Not sure about the series.

Also not canon. The original film ends with Connor obtaining the prize. The series continues as though the game is still going on and that the events of the original film didn't end with Connor and the Kurgan being the last two Immortals.

And I always enjoyed the series despite it's lack of canonicity to the film. Just like Stargate and Stargate: SG1.

What's the one where he rapes his wife? What the fuck is the go with that, like surely being immortal you could just wait 40years or better yet go fuck some other slut. Seriously ridiculous.

I fucking love Highlander but never seen the sequels. Nor will I ever. Not heard a single good thing about them and most people say they almost ruin the first movie. So I'll stay in comfortable bliss and pretend only the first one exist.

the tv series was kino

youtu.be/Ze58HhMlObk