Reminder that the only people who cared about whitewashing in Ghost in the Shell are white people and weeaboos

Reminder that the only people who cared about whitewashing in Ghost in the Shell are white people and weeaboos.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/japanese-fans-react-ghost-shell-992255

>Hirano, like most Japanese fans, had no issue with Scarlett Johansson's casting in the pic.
>"She was very cool. I loved her in The Avengers, and I wanted to see this because she was in it," said Hirano. "If they had done a Japanese live-action version, they would have probably cast some silly idol [girl-band member]."
>"I heard people in the U.S. wanted an Asian actress to play her," he said. "Would that be OK if she was Asian or Asian-American? Honestly, that would be worse, someone from another Asian country pretending to be Japanese. Better just to make the character white."

I want to see _________ the movie
not the writers or directors interpretation of the source content
not how the actress would feel the character would act
i want to see god damn ___ the movie, the thing i like in 90 minutes with some god damn satisfying scenes. i only like pleb fighting, DOA was good, mortal kombat was good. liu kang was some kind of asian, johnny cage and sonya were white, shang tsung was some kinda asian, kano was so good at being kano that the mortal kombat canon changed him to australian

No, Asian-American and Asian-Australian SJWs too

reminder that the movie is terrible and the whitewashing controversy was manufactured for cheap marketing.

2 nukes not enough

>better to just make the character white.

Based nips.

Yeah but it was pretty effective, I can't stop clicking on these threads

is this the death of ginned up controversy kino?

To be fair, the alt-right or whatever don't give a shit about white people playing asians. It's always the left crying impotently and loudly

Same.

They probably cant get over on how Asians loved to be portrayed by white people.

Japanese people hate their own anime. They are polite when asked in public; They aren't going to trash Scarjo.

I'm almost convinced that this tumblr tier controversy was manufactured by the studio and it back fired on them

>Honestly, that would be worse, someone from another Asian country pretending to be Japanese

Holy racism, Nipponjin!

Someone post the original spider tank scene

>Caring about the representation the representation of your race makes you an SJW
Seriously shut the fuck up with this SJW meme.

White washing was never that big an issue for most of us on here.

The problem was hamfistedly making white washing part of the fucking plot.

My problem with casting Scarjo is she's a shit actress past her prime. Plus she chopped her boobs off.

>shitty remake of sci fi cartoon
>representation of your race

Fine. I personally don't give a shit, but if thats the line we're taking, can we stop calling people racist when they complain about white characters being portrayed by people of other races?

All I want is some consistency. I don't give a shit if Scarlett Johansson plays major, or if Michael B. Jordan plays the Human Torch.

If "caring about the representation of your race" isn't an SJW meme, double think certainly is. Because the vast majority of people in the media who whine about whitewashing will just as soon turn around and call the exact same thing "progress :^)"

Whitewashing is just the quick liberal excuse to cover up they made a generic stronk woman out for revenge movie and stole GotS iconic scenes with none of the philosophy

>Reminder that the only people who cared about whitewashing in Ghost in the Shell are white people and weeaboos.
AKA, the potential target audience for this movie. Good job Paramount.

They are still butthurt about Memoirs of a Geisha?

Japs have long lost the ability to distinguish good from bad when it comes to live action movies.

>clickbait journalism will fairly represent both detractors and supporters of the movie
Kek. Never seen this happen. It's always cherry picked bs that supports the "publications" viewpoints. Pathetic. 0/10 b8 op.

>The problem was hamfistedly making white washing part of the fucking plot.
Go back to double toasted!

>whitewashing
>the character is literally a white woman in the anime

did you know that japs purpousely make their cartoon characters look white, because they think whites are more beatiful than them? why do you think they all get double eyelid surgery and shit.

>says someone that hasn't seen it

>not inlcuding foreign
kill yourself

It's always white people inflating things, self hating whites pushing for black power and neo-nazi whites pushing for some stupid shit.

Always whites, they always need something to hate.

>Always whites

and jews too

>Whites are evil and are solely at fault for everything in the world

Gosh why don't we just solve all the world's problems by killing them all right now?

>neo-nazi whites pushing for some stupid shit
You couldn't have thought of something here? Do you even know what you're talking about?

>Guys our terrible rippoff of a popular franchise flopped, what do we do?!
>Just blame it on racism they'll never notice

GitS was 100% guaranteed to flop the exact moment they released that fucking terrible dubstep remix of the main theme.

unfortunately the bigger problem is that the movie is a dumbed down piece of dogshit. it's like the director / crew thought 'well, this is based on a cartoon, cartoons are for children so this movie is gonna be for children'. sad!

It's based on all the cartoons.

>he thinks foreign bo takings mean the studio gets exactly that much money back

I legit don't understand the hate this movie gets. Sure it wasn't a 1:1 adaptation of the animated movie. So what? It still was not garbage tier. I'd argue it was completely fine except for that very, very last monologue. ScarJo was fine, she had to play a fucking robot, and she did it. Batou, Aramaki, even Kuze were all really good. Dr. Oulet was a bit weak, but still okay. The cinematography was gorgeous.
And I say this as someone who has watched every GITS movie and series that came before.

probably

but the original Ghost movies were aimed at children like most animes.

Judging by the box office nobody cared about this flick at all

The Japanese regularly have their own people dress up as "whites" in films with wigs and blue contact lenses. This is normal for countries not severely infected by cultural marxism and undergoing genocide like white countries.

why would you possibly want to watch this trash when the anime is superior in every way?

>Japan a mostly homogeneous country has limited understanding of the repercussions of media representation and white washing

white nationalists are retarded

>your brain on leftism

>muh whitey

Kek never ceases to amuse me

You basically prove their point user........

but scarjo isn't white?

Jews are white when it's convenient, but "it's all due to muh Jewish upbringing" whenever their success is brought up.