Gal Gadot on Wonder Woman being a feminist movie

>“I feel very proud that finally this movie's being made, because ... All of you guys, all men, all boys, always have a figure to look up to whether it's Superman, or Batman, or Spider-Man, or whatever it is they always had heroes to look up to,” Gadot continued.

>“Girls, it's always the princesses. We're being saved, we're being passive, and finally Wonder Woman. She's fierce, she's proactive, she believes in herself, she believes through everything and that's a true moment for me.

It really pisses me off when Hollywood keeps saying that there has been no strong woman before and that Wonder Woman will be the first... REALLY?

>Alice and Jill Valentine from Resident Evil
>Tomb Raider
>Princess Leia
>Ripley
and even Harley Quinn
These are WAY better characters than Wonder Woman imo.

Also, it angered hearing Gadot say in an interview that this movie will FINALLY show the "strong, beautiful side of woman".

Let's not forget that teens and young adults nowadays don't want a goody good character to relate to. That's why Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad was highly rated amongst young people because they like rebellious characters with some fire in them.

No one wants a feminist icon, what people want is a sexy Wonder Woman that's a slut. If this movie had a hot chick playing WW and the film was just 2 hrs of her "fighting" in the mud with other Amazonians, it would break box office records

>mfw it flops and they blame its failure on misogyny

>Fierce
Yes slay queen!

This guy gets it. Even girls like watching a female character act slutty because they see this type of behavior every day and are used to it.

It's a win win for the male and female audience

It's not really that upsetting Because I've heard women say it so many times plus I'm going to guess because she's from Isreal maybe she just doesn't know there are quite a few strong female role models that women just choose to ignore or forget about whenever they want to make this argument.

too progressive in the land of trump

/r/ing inflicting pain pasta

>it would break box office records

Haha no, it wouldn't. They tried slutty, hot superhero lead chicks in the early 2000s and they were some of the most monumental box office failures of all time. Part of the reason why it took DC so long to even attempt a modern WW movie and why Marvel still hasn't done a Black Widow solo movie.

>that link in bottom of image
>"PLEASE SEE MY MOVIE MALES"
hahaha

Pretty much, no one would like Harley Quinn if she was "feminist". Everyone loved her in suicide squad, only out of touch fatties disliked her. If they actually gave WW some Harley Quinn type personality, people would be excited. Obviously she wouldn't be completely like HQ, but you get the idea. Get someone with fucking charisma

They trot this song and dance out every time there's a movie with a woman as the main character. I have no clue why they feel the need to pat themselves on the back every time they do this, like they're somehow the first.

They've been trying for years to give women their own heroes. None of them have worked. Maybe little girls don't need heroes.

nobody watches those films

>Tomb Raider
oversexualised male eye candy, not feminist

>Princess Leia
Nobody cares about dumb nerd shit

>Ripley
women don't watch action movies

>They tried slutty, hot superhero lead chicks in the early 2000s and they were some of the most monumental box office failures of all time.
um not all. Alice in Resident Evil is the most top selling female super hero (well yeah she is basically a super hero)

>only out of touch fatties disliked her.
Actually false. I've seen many overweight girls on facebook looking up to Harley and even dressing up as her despite being overweight.

>rebellious characters with some fire in them.

Literally Dianna.

>women don't watch action movies

Does that mean the WW movie no matter how you cut it is dead on arrival?

Action movie girls won't watch, not an action movie men won't watch.

This has got to be the biggest bait I've read today

It's almost like they're hardwired to find the "princess" role more appealing, and boys are more drawn to the protector or rescuer role.

Really? Please tell me they don't dress up in short shorts too

Not Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman

>Please tell me they don't dress up in short shorts too
they do. like I said even fat girls seem to like Harley as well

There was a fat girl on Tinder who had Suicide Squad as a like and I should have messaged her when we connected cos I liked her thighs but she didn't have a great face so I didn't...

STUPID JUDGEMENT ME!

and yet women continue to flock to romance flicks with the "hot guy"

women don't watch capeshit action movies, 12 year old boys and manchildren do

Gender is a social construct

She's just trying to sell her product to the goyim, you fucking sperg. Calm down.

>women don't watch capeshit action movies
This. and yet Disney still pushes Rey as the dominant lead

Wait, isn't wonder woman a princess?

Did this bitch even look at source material?

Everyone watches them. Why do you think they make billions?

You're not wrong, OP, but with the exception of Ripley, Leia, and Laura, all of those characters are in some way someone else's pawn or "experiment."

You forgot to add: do girls run around with guns? Maybe some tom boys but most won't.

It pissed me off as a kid when I wanted to run around with my cousins and do fantasy action games but they would just sit on the couch and talk to my mother acting like grown woman.

REEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DO GIRLS HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS

FUCKING MODEST GIRLS THAT ACT LIKE MATURE ADULTS GET THE FUCK OUT YOU NORMIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can someone explain to me why every single modern female hero has to have her gender/sexuality as her defining trait. It's obnoxious how 99% of female characters constantly have to point out that they're a woman. Writing a good female character is more than just making them be superior to the man or always try to act tough.

ever hear of bartering?

i made a deal to play barbies if my cousin would play tmnt

people today don't even realize that WW started and was popular because she was a soft core fetishist character based on betty page.
Claiming she's a feminist icon is as silly as claiming Harley Quinn, the ultimate codependent psycho girlfriend, is one.

LET GO OF MY HAND!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE MORE MOVIES WHERE WOMAN DOMINATE MEN LIKE IN THAT THURSDAY MOVIE?

Nevermind the fact that women are the heroes in nearly every single horror movie. Especially slasher flicks, the "final girls" and whatnot.

People are fucking retarded and say stupid shit, big whoop. What's new. No point getting angry over it, you can't change it.

its cool she feels that way, that girls need someone to look up to as well. shame she's an embarrassment and worst person for the job. she should leave the industry desu already. ugly flat whore

OMG every horror movie I watch it's always the woman who are the strongest and survive

You also forgot Teeth, about a woman who has vagina teeth and uses it to hurt men

Come on her brother didn't deserve to get his dick sliced off despite how evil he was

are girls incapable of looking up to men? are they saying boys only look up to men? don't girls look up to their fathers? do they only look up to their mothers? do they only look up to women? is this the level of a feminist brain?

"i didnt have a role model until i saw leslie jones in ghostbusters."

is this what they believe ANYBODY is saying, let alone young girls?

>girls need someone to look up to as well.
They literally don't...

Evolution has made girls be more mature than men

Women watch them because their husbands, boyfriends, and sons do.

>don't girls look up to their fathers?
They do.

It's also the same argument when Hollywood says "We must cast a young kid in this movie so young boys can have someone to look up to"

BITCH I was like 12 and I could relate to Bruce Willis in Die Hard very well! I don't need any young kid to relate to. Same as James Bond movies I watched as a young kid

My mom likes watching Grimm and no one made her watch it. Is it because of the main male actor or what? Never seen it before but doesn't it have monsters in it?

Because being a woman IS special.

Throughout history, mankind has prioritized female life in almost every conceivable way.
Men are disposable, and have been for some time.

My mom watched Grimm from day 1, because she fucking loves anything fantasy and Sci-Fi. She loves superhero flicks, loves any sort of action movie in the vein of Die Hard, occasionally watches a chick flick here or there, and really digs Hallmark movies for some fucking reason.

I've no idea where the generalization that women only enjoy chick flicks, looking at cute guys, and hate anything of any sort of substance or anything that's "fun" comes from. My mom has always enjoyed both, but leaned WAY more to the side of "fun" stuff. Like, just a few of her favorites are The Fifth Element, Galaxy Quest, So my views on women and movies have never been so one-sided the way I see some people's are around here.

Why does no one ever remember you, my love?

>Tomb Raider
>Princess Leia
>Ripley
>and even Harley Quinn

lel are we allowed only two or three of them per decade?

>it's a Ken turns out to be a secret agent ninja and was actually sent here to kill Barbie episode
And that's why my cousins didn't let me play dolls with them anymore

It won't flop, a lot of people have been looking forward to this movie for reasons completely unrelated to muh feminism and muh soggy knees.

Yes, quite a few people in my WW1 re-enactment group are going to see how accurate it is, first sign of inaccuracies and it's MASKS ON

Why would Wonder Woman believe this though? Don't the Amazons hate men?

>finally
>Wonder Woman has been around forever

They've never seen them before. At least not Wonder Woman's generation of Amazons, so they're more intrigued than anything. and you know they dtf like mad

>mom, why does wonderwoman wear such a short skirt and no armor to cover her chest?
>she could get stabbed in the heart so easily"

>oh honey, how else would men be able to jerk off to her?

Yeah fags girls don't believe in Truth justice and the American way, that's just boy things.

>Girls, it's always the princesses. We're being saved, we're being passive, and finally Wonder Woman
Disney princesses have been kicking asses for years, she doesn't even need to be able to read to know this.

Funny how mentally healthy women while of course have a mind of their own are programmed to differentiate from males and carry the tipical female attributes.

No men will find a "strong independant women" attractive when "strong and independant" means confused by social ideologies while on a hormonal level still wants to be "dominated".
These are basically the whores and disgusting women of our time.

No they fucking haven't, ahaha, what are you fucking smoking

>Implying the normies of today would know of Kino like that
if it wasnt a comic adaption then they wont care till it is a reboot

nigger she was a feminist icon and a fetish icon, actually read that shit if your gonna start talking crap

Same reason Canon the Barbarian doesn't need a shirt sweetie, now eat your crab legs

>It really pisses me off when Hollywood keeps saying that there has been no strong woman before and that Wonder Woman will be the first... REALLY?
It annoys me that people act like women have to do men shit for it to be empowering. It's insulting.

/thispost/ - Same user posts his shitty edit on literally everything

>she believes through everything and that's a true moment for me

>I can only look up to people who share the same arbitrary traits as me
>How can I possibly look up to a man who does good things, or is a hero, when he has no penis!!!

Dude WW is no hero she's just the Punisher with a skirt and better PR.

The one female hero I would let my daughter watch is Sailor Moon.

Jesus christ THIS!

I just saw an article with Emma Watson saying that it's men who can't relate to female leads, and that women have no problem relating to men in films. And yet you never see men complaining.
It's ALWAYS women going on about how they need more female characters to look up to and relate to.

And don't forget Japan where strong female leads are very very popular, yet they still have a culture where their women are very feminine. Women are still women.

Yes, Amazons hates men, all then
Gadot has no idea what she's talking about.
Someone wrote these lines for her.

Please, shut up.
If you don't know the characters, don't speak.

I mean hey, knock urself out. But dont expect us guys to go watch ur movie :>

>And yet you never see men complaining.
Do you even read Sup Forums?

>These are WAY better characters than Wonder Woman imo.
debatable, but certainly better characters than this iteration of Wonder Woman.

not me. I don't want to support a bad Wonder Woman movie.

>Don't the Amazons hate men?
in this movie. that doesn't seem to be the case since Hippolyta and Zeus fucked. and they didn't kill Steve Trevor on sight.

she seems to be a bit of an idiot, dbh.

They're already laying the groundwork for that excuse. They know it's going to be a disaster. There's a reason Marvel, who actually understand business, haven't done this yet. They know it will fail.

My feminist action hero icon growing up was Cynthia Rothrock.

Because I ACTUALLY WATCHED MOVIES GROWING UP.

Gadot showed she doesn't even like movies, never has.

Is it ever possible for women to not act like wild animals?

>HURR GIRLS RULE
>HURR PRIMITIVE TRIBALISTIC THOUGHT DURR

Marvel covers all bases. That's all. They make a movie and it tries to hit all notes, sometimes it's a mess, but an entertaining one at least.

They are putting out a female capeshit soon.

But, they cast an Oscar winning actress in the lead. Not the most underwhelming side character from all of the Fast and the Furious movies. A proven actress who can carry a movie and has an established and respected body work (insert joke here), from series and movies.

There's nothing ideal about misunderstanding your own gender's biological purpose and function. Gal Gadot as a warrior is as laughable as Arnold Schwarzenegger as a mother, and this movie is nothing more than an inversion of Junior.

Arnold probably put more work and research into that role than Gal did for Wonder Woman, he actually visited birthing clinics to observe how expectant mothers behaved.

What you mean

Why isn't someone a role model to young girls unless she's pretending to be a man?
>be feminist
>vilify femininity

Gadot's English is just as terrible when reading it out loud

Besides Wondy and OG Lara Croft are there any characters who walked this difficult balance in their time?

Xena probably

>everyone on Themiscyra has a shitty accent to explain Gal's

Pretty smart

Why is Gal so fucking Based?
>working people into sleepless nights over capeshit

Any woman OR male who has seen movies in the past knows Wonder Woman isn't finally the female action hero girls were waiting for.

Its obvious Gadot is a model who is in movies as an exercise in vanity, she has no knowledge and therefore obviously no past appreciation for even the most banal cinema, action.

But I thought Gadot is part of the Israeli army?

>A literally Pro Israeli Jewish woman
YOU CANT MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>But I thought Gadot is part of the Israeli army?

Typing of the Dead is the most action she's ever seen

Someone spread this to Arabs who are fans of super hero movies and tell them how extremist Gadot is

So what about muhwel?
1:0

>Tomb Raider
>Princess Leia
>Ripley
>Harley Quinn

Look at all these women in skimpy outfits! This is empowering!

>It really pisses me off when Hollywood keeps saying that there has been no strong woman before and that Wonder Woman will be the first... REALLY?
The manipulation of history is a standard SJW tactic. They do it everywhere they can.

I thought wonder woman was sort of like a female thor kind of character in the comics. Head strong, brash, loud. How is her character in the comics?

My moms favourite movie is Goodfellas

>I thought wonder woman was sort of like a female thor kind of character in the comics. Head strong, brash, loud.

Sounds like you don't know anything about Thor in the comics either.