Let's face it, these reviews did more harm than good...

Let's face it, these reviews did more harm than good. They are wishing the dumbing down of film as to keep it nothing more than escapism for kids. Most of the "flaws" they point out only really apply if you sign up for their needless nitpicking that could easily be assumed as invalid just as RLM assumes it valid. Watching these reviews again, all I could see is an overly bitter manchild upset that Lucas didn't give him an ANH copypaste.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's not at all what they're saying.
They aren't 'wishing for it to be dumbed down' as a kids movie.
He says that it already IS a kids movie trilogy, so adding strange pointless plot points about the galactic government do nothing but complicate the story

But that's wrong. Animated Disney movies from the 90's do both the child and adult thing simultaneously. A film doesn't need to be one thing or another. That's what I'm saying. RLM shits all over Lucas because they think kids need constant pew pew and nothing else. Truth is that kids can tolerate the political scenes quite well. Hell I was seven when I saw TPM and the politics angle didn't bother me at all. I don't think it bothered anyone until Plinkett made it into something bad.

Prequels were shit, everyone over 15 knew they were shit at the time.
Lucas is a hack, who was saved by good editors, directors, and the fact that you could steal a lot of ideas from foreign movies back then and no get called on it.

Literally the one and only thing about the shitquels is they advanced CG technology, and I have a feeling that by episode 2 thats all Lucas wanted to focus on. But because of their over-reliance on it they have aged horribly. A drunken 9 year old could have written a more competent script.

>still repeating these blatant RLM lies
Lucas has ton of talents. Their attempts to smear his name and claim he had no positive contribution to Star Wars is born out of bitter malice and not information.

The OT was pretty good.
The PT was watcheable.
The ST is abysmal.

Yet the prequels were so much better than Disney Star Wars in every possible way.

You say Lucas' job was easy, but how come jews with billions in resources can't do half the job he did?

>They are wishing the dumbing down of film as to keep it nothing more than escapism for kids
They're speaking specifically about Star Wars, not all movies as a whole.

>The PT was watcheable.
Not really. I've see the OT countless times. I saw all the shitquels in theaters when they were released. And then like maybe once or twice on TV. They're fucking bad.

>The ST is abysmal.
It's watchable, but soulless. It's just a generic JJ scifi flick. But still more competently made than the shitquels.

Except the shitquels are what we see when Lucas is surrounded by yesmen and is also the director and editor.

If Lucas was given the same amount of POOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA A New Hope probably would have been just as bad as Revenge of the Sith.

But OP, you realize that the prequels suck right?

>They are wishing the dumbing down of film
It doesn't get any dumber than this. George Lucas hit stupidity bedrock with the prequels.

In a film series with millions of adult fans, there is nothing that says that Lucas was obligated to keep it entirely kiddy oriented all the time. Even Disney's cartoons from the 90's strictly marketed to kids had adult influences aswell to make it more exciting for parents to watch.

RLM's hatred for anything that isn't explicit pandering to kids is what indirectly lead to VII being shit.

>people still going with this "prequels are good and better than TFA" meme

VII is better than I, II, and III. Not that any of them are amazing.

The only possible way you could like the shitquels is:
>a) You were a kid when they all came out and you view them with coke bottle sized nostalgia glasses
>b) You like them because they related to some cartoon you watched as kid
>c) You are retarded and are amused by flashing lights and CG somersaults
>d) All of the above

Revenge of the Sith is far beyond anything Disney will ever make. If we're lucky, Disney might rip off a few scenes here and there but they lack the vision and boldness of Lucas.

The only possible reason you could like Disney's jewqels is because:
>a, You are brain dead "nerd xD"
>b, You are a male feminist
>c, You are a Disney shill
>d, You suck cocks.

I watch em for the maymays

everything is better than VII. TFA is not even a stand-alone movie but fucking remake

>e, You have a diffrent taste in film in which case, Fuck you this is Sup Forums

And then they went ahead and jumped themselves all over Disney's dick with VII.

Needless to say, these dumb manchild nerds have lost all legitimacy. No wonder RLM shills are more focused on Reddit now.

TFA was shit.

But that doesn't retroactively make me think the prequels were great, those three movies were also shit.

Stop being contrarian for the sake of it, fags.

t. assmad generic film critic youtuber

Go be jealous on reddit.

Nope, you're just too young to remember when the movies came out, no one really like them except hardcore nerds who couldn't admit their disappointment.
The prequels were never considered good since the day they hit the theaters, TPM started a massive wave of discontentment towards the franchise and expectations were never high again, with George Lucas wanting to cast Nsinc in Attack of the clones and other shit like that, when revenge of the sith came out, deluded nerds claimed that it was good and it redeemed the prequels but soon they were called out on their bullshit.
The movies were shit when they came out, they were shit before the Plinket reviews and they are still shit today.
This prequels defense force that started to blame Plinket for ruining the fame of the star wars prequels appeared when The force awakens was announced, they are capeshiters, they have no good taste and should be ignored.

>When you try really hard to remember a scene from TFA, any scene at all

RoTS was considered a decent film. How old are you? The whole anti-Lucas crusade didn't get a revival until Plinkett fanned the flames and spread misinformation about him being a tumor on Star Wars who never did anything right. It was nothing but bitter manchildren exacting their revenge because Lucas didn't feel like taking the easy route and pandering to them like Disney later did.

>fags in this thread claim RLM shilled TFA
>their review literally begins by saying it was a huge disappointment

I don't like VII, its just objectively better than the shitquels. In every regard. Except originality.
But originality doesn't make a good movie.

FUCK YEAH!
I hope we get to see more 30 minute duels with tons of CG and shit choreography.
Hopefully we'll get some Shakespearean dialog like in III. Man every line was so amazing.
Plus explosions!!!!! Hell yeah!

You try really hard to sound funny but in truth you just sound like a faggot.

No, I was only pretending to like the shitquels. It's called sarcasm.

>How old are you?
I'm 36, I watched the movies when they came out and I can guarantee you that Rots was not considered a good movie, yes there was a small faction that liked it, because as they said "it told Darth Vader's story", for them that was enough for it to be a good movie.

>The whole anti-Lucas crusade didn't get a revival until Plinkett fanned the flames and spread misinformation
The only thing that Plinket did was analyze the movies, movies that everyone considered mediocre, all the discontentment that the prequels caused stopped Lucas from making new movies, there were people from all over the wold trying to contact Lucas, complaining about how he ruined their childhood, nerds were attacking him in conventions, he got a lot of hate many years before Plinket.
I find it very weird and suspicious that people all of a sudden don't remember that the movies were considered bad before the Plinket reviews, I mean the Plinket reviews came out 5 or 6 years ago, why now?

III actually had incredibly memorable lines. Meanwhile I can't remember anything from TFA.

The only line I can remember is:
>no no no no

cuz they're either under 18 or are autistic

>I'm in charge now phasma, I'm in charge now xD

Memorable as in so bad and corny they made memes out of them.

So I guess decapitating old men and killing kids is also meant for children? Fuck off, Lucas had no idea which target audience he wanted and you know it.

Food for thought.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

Also, OP is right, but the problem is that people that buy into Mike's bullshit in the first place are AT LEAST as jaded and bitter and he is, so they will never escape their black hole of misery.

Yes it is. It affected me profoundly as a 10 year old seeing that.

Good point! I'll show A Serbian Film to my six year old son, it will probably make an impression so it's clearly for kids.

>false equivalence
wew lad

It's all about presentation. The violence in the PT is
1. not as gruesome as ASF.
2. surrounded by/featuring fantastical worlds and weapons that go a long way in removing the violence from reality in a childs mind.
Not to mention things like calling children fantasy names like "younglings".

I want a worm...in my cock

my problem with them was that many of those flaws also apply to OT. I was also frustrated that they are one of many groups who get away with saying lies because they hide behind the mask of comedy

>I find it very weird and suspicious that people all of a sudden don't remember that the movies were considered bad before the Plinket reviews

Probably because those very people were too young to remember and/or have poor taste.

The Phantom Menace was lambasted quite heavily when it came out -- which was WELL before Plinkett.