Most Overrated Empires

Post the most overrated empires that ever existed on the planet and explain your choice.
I'll start:

The British Empire
>Ruled by dynasties of psychos, murederers, domestic abusers and degenerates
>The only thing it was able to conquer were brown people armed with sticks
>Lost all the wars fought against actually civilised people including some fucking farmers in South Africa, liberal tax evaders in America and fucking Cossacks in Crimea
>Society based on a shitty fucking heretical religion like anglicanism and potestantism
>Hated by literally every country on the planet because of it's retarded behavior
>The only thing it spreaded worldwide was a shitty metric system and a language that was eventually broken into 50,000 different local dialects so it doesn't really matter anyway.
>Invented death camps and literally nothing else
>Finally, it was able to do all this only because it's phisically separated from mainland Europe by a fucking sea which prevents invasions

Your turn.

British empire for basically the same reason. Fueled by rapists and the cause of England's unearned arrogance. I'm sure some British autist will reply to this with an orc while screaming rule Britannia like an autist.

Overrated implies that they're highly rated in the first place.

I choose the Roman empire. It was pretty great but not the end-all-be-all empire it's made out to be.

It always turned to shit around the year 0, after Julius Caesar's assassination it turned into your average empire (with an emperor/dictator at its helm), and it wasn't even that big for an empire.

What made it special was its intriguing political system and its remarkable rule of law for an ancient state. That all went down the shitter during the empire so meh.

>Overrated implies that they're highly rated in the first place.

No, it implies they were rated above their actual value, you stupid clognigger.

Doesn't change a single thing about my choice, you underaged edgy twerp.

The Roman Empire was essential in creating the Western Civilisation and it was defenetly the mightest Western empire in history. Literally everything that identifies the West today from written language to common law comes from Rome. The Roman Law is one of the three main pillars of the Occident along with christian morality and greek philosophy.

You can say most of these things about most empires that existed tbqh

Yeah but the descendants of these empires do not shove their heads up their asses as far as the Brits do.

The roman empire is interesting but reading about its final years is quite depressing. Emperor after emperor being overthrown constantly and the empire falling down dueto barbarians and ottomans.

No one in the UK really cares about the empire. It's a huge foreigner tell

At least these guys had mathematics goin on.
Thats one achievement more than the Brits.

Rome's legal system prior to Julius Caesar was much closer to our current legal systems than Rome's legal system after Julius Caesar is. Read "a brief introduction to Roman Law", you can find the pdf on google.

That was my point. The "empire" phase of Rome was a fucking regression compared to the Republic.

So the Roman empire is overrated because the empire was shit, the Roman republic is where all the important developments were made.

No they didn't. Arab mathematics was mostly borrowed from Hindu India. Pretty much all mathematicians they had were Persians, not Arab.

It’s really not a thing here
In fact I only first learnt of our empire when I was 15 before I gave zero fucks except that the yanks rebelled

german empire. ltierally only ruled lands that were german majority in the first place. an actual empire rules over lands for recourses not caring who lives there

>and ottomans.
>the byzantine empire wuz rome n shiet

muh empire

rule Britannia

>Law is one of the three main pillars of the Occident along with christian morality and greek philosophy.
That's very concisely put, actually. Is that from somewhere and I'm just >Portuguese education?

>he says as he types in english

British empire

they ruled italy and czechia to, also i don't think anyone really cares that much about the hre

HRE never really claimed to be german

>The only thing it was able to conquer were brown people armed with sticks
People often forget that other European nations were after those same countries full of 'brown people with sticks'. Ever heard of the seven year's war?

>Lost all the wars fought against actually civilised people including some fucking farmers in South Africa, liberal tax evaders in America and fucking Cossacks in Crimea
Not true, we won Seven Year's war, the wars of the fifth, seventh and I think sixth coalitions, which were the only one's Britain played an active role in; we also won the Second Anglo-Boer War, and the two world wars.

>Society based on a shitty fucking heretical religion like anglicanism and potestantism
Mindless argument. You could argue Catholicism was heretical as it started teaching the lectures of the Pope, and not of Jesus.

>Hated by literally every country on the planet because of it's retarded behaviour
Isn't though. No one even remembers shit about the British Empire, because most people are retarded.

>The only thing it spreaded worldwide was a shitty metric system and a language that was eventually broken into 50,000 different local dialects so it doesn't really matter anyway.
Sup Forums was made by a yank, inspired heavily by Anglo-Saxon freedom of speech, doesn't exist in England anymore (RIP). I mean, there are others, such as scientific achievements such as the Industrial Revolution/Steam Engine, the computer (Colossus was the first modern computer, and predated ENIAC), etc, and philosophical ideals, also parliamentary democracy.

>Invented death camps and literally nothing else
Shit argument. You know it.

>Finally, it was able to do all this only because it's phisically separated from mainland Europe by a fucking sea which prevents invasions
Yeah, and? Are you jealous because we have the fortune of being an island. I mean, yeah it's an advantage, but there are things you can do about that, such as unifying and going to war with us.

the metric system was spread by France, anglo countries were some of the last to adopt it

Are you talking about the differences bewten the legis actiones, the formula procedure and the post-classical law? In any case our legal systems, use things from the three periods.

the wh*Toid empire

yeah I wish I could understand those australians but their dialect is just too different