How accurate is the presentation of Idaho in Napoleon Dynamite?

How accurate is the presentation of Idaho in Napoleon Dynamite?

Why is that thirty year old still in high school?

Shithole with nothing to do except hardcore drugs or be a religious fanatic and soon to be taken over by mexicans
Sounds pretty accurate

It was shot on location there.

Very

this, i live in northwest indiana and everyone is either on pills or heroin or both

I live in Utah.
If you leave the Ogden or Salt Lake area, it's exactly like Napoleon Dynamite. There's a beef ranch a five minute drive from where I live.
However in cities like Ogden, Salt Lake, Syracuse, or West Jordan it's just like the rest of America but with lots of Mormons and really fucked up liquor laws.

>really fucked up liquor laws.
Elaborate?

Southern Idaho, spot on. Nothing but potatoes and potato-headed farmers. Northern Idaho is beautiful Pacific Northwest spruce forest splendor, but it's ruined by all the califag expats, dipshit hippies and neo nazi retards.

Well for one I think you can't buy cold beer at some bars. That might've been just a dumb rumor I heard.

A law has just been passed that lowers the legal limit for driving from .08 to .05.
Also it's the general culture; here if a cop catches you with liquor or pot he's more likely to bodyslam and arrest you than take it away and tell you off.
The other day I swerved around a pothole, got pulled over, and when the cop read my license and saw I'm 19 he made me and my friend get out of the car and spent a half hour searching it and us.
I'd have been fucked for life if there was even a beer in the trunk, let alone something like vodka.

Christ

My friend got pulled over for failing to use his signals and they called dogs on him. He was passing through from California and had a bit of weed on him. Caused him a year of stress and 2 weeks in prison. They tried to slam him with a felony.

That's about how it is.
I have a friend who actually prefers to run from cops than be pulled over because if you've got a hint of pot residue in your car somewhere a dog will smell it and slam your ass in prison.

I usually have a good experience with most cops aside from that one time, because I grew up Mormon and know how to pull off sweet, innocent Mormon boy very well, but my friends that don't get regularly harassed.

For fuck's sake, I had a buddy who went for a walk with earbuds in, so when some asshole cop high on himself pulled over behind him, shouted at him to stop walking and subject himself to a surprise search, and my friend didn't hear him, the cop immediately tazed him.
It's fucking nuts here.

Do you think the people involved with Napoleon Dunamite understood how kino it was when they were filming it?

>Idaho
>Midwest

Jon Heder grew up in Oregon and most people here have a pretty good understanding of Idaho.
Though the movie left out all the Russian mobsters.

I think they knew what they were doing

Was in salt lake for a month from Ohio where we have relatively lax liquor laws. Some differences:

>Bars close at 1
>Everything above 8 proof is legally considered liquor and can only be sold in liquor stores
>Liquor can only be sold in 1.5 oz pours, meaning mixed drinks are weak and shots not worth it.

I just drank a lot of weak beer when I was there.

That movie depressed the shit out of me.

It's 100% accurate representation.

My mother is from Idaho so we always go down there once or twice a year to visit my relatives up there. My grandmother lives in Casteford. It's a tiny ass town of like 1,000 where everyone knows each other.

Idaho is quite possibly the most boring state I've ever been to honestly. Every Thanksgiving I have to hear the latest gossip about the dairy industry and other boring farm shit.

The women don't care about how they look nearly as much as they do on the coasts, so you'll see girls who are 8s get treated like 10 here and so on.

Literally the only thing I like about Idaho is the guns and going hunting once a year with my Uncle. Everything else about Idaho is so mind numbingly dull that you're forced to do meth because you'll go nuts from the boredom

How so?

I wouldn't know how to explain. I know it's meant to be a comedy but I didn't laugh once. Not because it was bad. I liked it but all the characters are just so sad and miserable. The guy who tapes himself throwing footballs is the worst part.

I'm probably a fag, whatever.

They're not miserable. Midwesterners just have a hard time expressing their feelings.

I understand what you mean, user. I like the movie but it makes me sad because the characters are so pathetic with no hope of getting better.

Ugly chad will probably end up like uncle Rico, ugly stacey will get pregnant before graduating, pedro and napoleon will never have good careers, so on and so forth.

Yeah that's it, I felt bad for all them, I didn't feel like laughing.
I meant no offense.

>be lt. officer brady on patrol
>see this wacko swerving left and right on the road
>decide to pull him over, check if he's doped up or drunk
>don't need a hazard endangering his own life as well as the lives of others
>it's just two kids
>says something about a pothole, but keeps stammering
>starts to sweat
>i narrow my eyes and decide to search the both of them just in case
>give the car a thorough inspection
>Christ's sake, don't want them to end up like all the other underage fucks we catch and have to put to rehab
>addiction is a disease
>find nothing, breathe out a sigh of relief
>give them a warning and wave them off

>Childhood is when you wanna be like Napoleon
>Adulthood is when you actually become like uncle Rico

He probably graduated by now.

Here in Louisiana we have drive-thru daiquiri shacks

Gb2/k/

I would agree with you if it weren't for the fact that I swerved around literally one pothole.

One pothole is all it takes. Before you know it, you're snorting blow from a stripper's hooch with 5 different kinds of STD's on your pecker.

Lol, and these are the people who voted for Trump and think that those darned lib'ral coastal cities are the cancer killing America

Read a book, hit the weights, draw, write, make shitty rap songs, build wood stuff, grow stuff, form a group where people meet up and just hangout, start a sports team, fucking do yoga and spa shit.
I mean where im from its tiny and everyone complains about rampant drug use and boredom but they dont get together and go place with a group of buddy...

I live in Boise but I've lived in smaller towns on both the west and east sides of Idaho and I can say that yes, it was pretty accurate.
Full of Mormons, white trash and God awful schooling systems.

Meth is everywhere, the town of Payette has the worst crime rate for a town it's size (7500 approx) according to the latest FBI crime statistics

The womens State prison is in Pocatello on the east side along with a state mental hospital in Blackfoot 50 miles away and for those who don't know, Twin Falls in southern Idaho has earned the name, Tweaker Flats