ITT: Athletes who were held back by laziness. Not necessarily bad athletes...

ITT: Athletes who were held back by laziness. Not necessarily bad athletes, just athletes who would have been better if they gave a fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hm835C1SCJE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

every soccer player except tsuuu

Jack Lambert
>he used to come into the gym with a cigar, do one bench set and leave

James Toney

Probably would have been the GOAT American tennis player if he gave a single fuck.

Kwame Brown

Shawn Kemp is the prototype.

>one of the most explosive athletes to ever play basketball
>Bo Jacksonesque in how natural it was
>with maturity and work, could have been
>but too lazy and got fat and ruined his career instead

Andrew Bynum. He got his ring and contract and stopped caring after. He's not playing basketball anymore afaik

Sampras had a way better work ethic and Agassi was still competitive with him

>no balotelli yet
jfc Sup Forums

Bro he was a coke head, it wasn't just laziness and getting fat. Also has 8 or 11 kids.

They were both gods desu. I miss having world class Murricans in Mens.
Will we ever have another?

Bad habits, whatever. The point is, the dude was more athletic than Lebron and he pissed it away by not giving a fuck.

you have Tennys Sandgren

I rate him a top 25er at best desu

Griffey Jr.

He had the most natural talent since Mays. He was naturally gifted at every aspect of baseball. All he had to do was work out regularly to keep his body in shape and to prevent injury. Instead, he never worked out at all because he hated to and as soon as the new millennium hit, he fell off the cliff.

\thread end

Winning is hard.

the Sonics from the early 90's were probably one of the greatest underachieving teams in NBA history. If they didn't choke to Phoenix in 93, they likely would have put up a much better fight against Jordan than they did in 96. 94 would have pretty much been a cakewalk to the finals if they didn't do the impossible and collapse against an 8th seed.

Not saying Karl was a bad coach, but if that team had more discipline they could have played at a much higher level for much longer and probably would have avoided relocation in the mid 2000's.

Wayne Rooney. Pretty much lost the motivation to be a top player after ronaldo left.

He could have been much much more if he decide to not be a fatfuck and have a decent training.

He even admitted he was lazy and took plays off

without a doubt this fat piece of shit fraud

Josh Gordon

His right forearm is 3x larger than his left.

No question top 5 biggest waste of talent.

>the one baseball player to not do a shit ton of PEDs

Bynum never cared. I'm pretty sure he was quoted saying he never even liked basketball. He was just black and 7 feet tall so he kind of had to do it.

Shaq could've forced the league to change the rules if he stayed in his college shape. When you look at his magic highlights his athleticism is unbelievable, granted that stuff fades with time. And we're not even talking about his post game. The league got lucky he didn't care that much about winning. If he had even half of kobe's work ethic and drive for greatness then we're looking at a very different NBA because no one could stop him

I mean, what is Kevin Durant achilles? He's not out-of-shape, we haven't heard of alcohol, smoking, or drug problems? The only thing he can work on is building muscle mass but at this point it's unnecessary.

youtube.com/watch?v=hm835C1SCJE

>Thread about lazyfucks
>Not posting this guy
Sup Forums I'm disappoint

Love Cutler unconditionally

damn he is good looking.

was still really good though

wizards fan here, he was severely overrated from the get-go. Should never have been the #1 pick

>Athletes who were held back
>Posts a linebacker who won 4 super bowls and was a first ballot HOF'er

>He even admitted he was lazy and took plays off
Well, he kind of has to admit it when there's endless film of his just standing still and doing nothing on plays that aren't designed for him

could have been the greatest of all time

Just look at his stats 2000 and beyond, his body gave in. That said, his 1st 10-11 years are something no one else can really do except maybe Mike Trout on his current incline.

He was also a fake tough guy who wilted under pressure and played shit defense. And basing your offense around a 6'4 manlet PF will kill your ball movement. Suns were much better with KJ running the PnR.

Ronaldinho and Shaq could have been the GOATs of their respective sport

he got fat but he also struggled with his knees his whole career. Considering how bad the injuries were, I'd say he did pretty good for himself.

he ran into a fucking wall in center field you moron. its not like he broke his leg trotting to first base

>wins PGA Championship and British Open
>hottest young thing in golf
>proceeds to eat, drink and smoke his career away
it's remarkable how long it took Sergio or Phil to win their first major but this fat fucking hillbilly wins a PGA Championship in like his 2nd year on the tour

unironically Johnny Manziel
he played fine for the Browns when he tried
also, Alexandre Daigle in hockey

Was going to post him, could have literally been the GOAT but he doesn't care.

Alvaro Recoba
this guy was just happy to be paid to kick a ball

You can just insert every possible brazilian athlete in this thread.

Gilbert Arenas

He was known for his work ethic later in his career, but yeah, he tried to get by on talent early on.

He won the British Open too, Based Grip n Rip n Sip

Imagine if he played as hard as Jerry Rice...

I think he's still collecting a paycheck from the Islanders too

This is a good one. He absolutely overpowered golf courses, but had good touch as well.

Dwight Howard

Yaya Toure

Doesn't he have a free lifetime meal at a restaurant or something like that?

Vince Carter was a dunking machine. I have no idea why he wasn't drafted to more successful teams.

Nalbandian could have at least a few slams if he gave a shit.

Because that's all he can do. He never progressed beyond that

Thats what it seemed like to me, in which case he didn't waste any of his potential.

>early 2000s negro fashion
christ

He'd be a peak specimen if he wasn't a chinlet/jawlet

Awful serve

Shaq

he always looks so bored on the field, like he isn't having fun and doesn't want to be there

He didn't have the ability to develop great shooting skills tbqh

Remember when Brede Hangeland started detailing the gym routines of all his ex teammates. Stuff like Zaha not really pushing himself etc. Then he gets to Berbatov and is all.. weeeell, Dimitar didn't really work out as such, he just tried to eat healthy to make up for it

Riddick fucking Bowe

Goddamn what year did he get that butcher job done on his knees?! That looks like a gale Sayers tier job. Was there no laparoscopic options?

You guys are prob underage and didn’t watch VC in his prime. He was statistically an amazing three point shooter and would thrive if he entered the league now. He had a post game similar to Jordan and is arguably the best dunker of all time. He had the stuff to be great, but gave up on his raptors. He and Tracy have talked about how they regret not staying together because they would have likely won championships together, but I digress. His stint on the Nets was pretty underrated despite that tram underperforming, but overall, he is just a player with all the tools who never tried hard enough. It’s frustating because he’s 40 and can still fly and play big here and there. Probably one of the most physically gifted players to ever play the game and never utilized his full potential. For me he is the top of this list.

Cutler literally did nothing wrong. His team and his city failed him and you see the dumpster fire they are without him now.

>plays ball being 40 years old
>lazy
??

Absolutely Wayne Rooney. In 2004 Rooney played alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, who was a year older than him. Rooney was the more dangerous player. Note their career trajectories since. Ronaldo was moved to striker, where he became one of the best goalscorers ever. Rooney was removed from the striker position, because he was too fat and slow.

True but bad nutrition and bad work ethic played a big role in his injuries

>Who is Man Utd and Englands' all time top scorer?
Nothing is ever good enough for England fans

Come to post based Chino, he and Paolo Montero where the only good players that keep the dream alive of ever going through a group phase on a world cup or even qualify to one, unfortunately none of the two gave a shit about the National Team.

I mean, Harry Kane will probably break those records in a couple of years honestly. Rooney was just kind of useless considering the teams he's had around him

this piece of shit would skip training and even matches just to fuck around with his hood rat friends
such a waste of talent

An achievement of longevity and extended schedules in the modern era. You cannot argue that despite all his accolades, he never realised his full potential.

Berbatov wasn't held back at all
he may have been lazy, but all he did was score goals
>fall out of favor with SAF
>come off the bench primarily as a sub
>joint top scorer of the league
>despite being a sub
Berba was fucking based

honestly Rooney just burnt out
he's been playing for club and country since he was 16 years old, pretty much year round
SAF was the only one who had the balls to bench him, though. His departure was long overdue.

Mike Richards could've been a generational if he didn't become a fucking druggie after he got traded from Philadelphia

>win two world cups
>be the main factor for the second one
>win CL

I think you guys are unfair with phenomeno, biggest tragedy imo is ronaldinho gaucho.
Wouldve been best player ever, better than penaldo and messi combined

>Ctrl+F "Woods", no results.

Exhibit A pal.

Ronaldo never won CL actually.

Steve-O?

In my heart he did

shit, where is he nowdays

Totally agree. Gave zero fucks but had amazing talent for a hillbilly playing a country club sport

Tiger wasn't lazy.

>Charles Barkley
>Lazy
dude liked to eat, that's not lazy.

you're making quite a name for yourself, sheep shagger autist

>Gnarls Barkley
>Crazy

I remember when, I remember I remember when I lost my mind.

Yeah but he could have been a Balon D'or level player. Peak Messi/Ronaldo level.