Do the French identify themselves as Celtic, Germanic, Mediterranean, or something else?

Do the French identify themselves as Celtic, Germanic, Mediterranean, or something else?

I've always been curious about this.

bump

As french. Because from one region to another people aren't the same.

People in the north/north east would be more germanic, north west celts, the south mediteranean and so on.

I'm really curious about it too.

Depends from the region

>mfw non-nords call themselves germanic

>Being proud to be germ*nic

Is the traditional national character not made up of a single identity?

btw this image is what i had when i first read les miserables in my childhood.

The impression on French when i first read les miserables.

A women in the military in the early 1800s?
Right

That image is a woman in the late 19th-early 20th century though

Idealized impression?

Oh yeah,I forgot the french went autistic in the first years of WWI as far as uniform goes

As french.
But if I had to choose, I would say celtic. We take a lot of pride from Gaul. "Our ancestors the gaullish" is a pretty popular sentence.

>Celtic, Germanic
>France
Yep i know history of Franks and Gauls but i cant think people who speaking romance language as germanic or celtic.

Brittany

Brittany is not continental celtic like gauls. they are immigrants from britain island. also a country cant be described as their ethnic minorities

>"Our ancestors the gaullish"
and a lot of people think it's bullshit

How similar genetically are the Gauls the the Celts in the British Isles?

Yes. It drives leftist mad. They say France is a multiculti country.

This question is directed at you too I guess.

multiculti from the begining

>genetic
there is no nation who give shit to genetics for identify their etnicity or nationality. People who only have same genetics cant create a nation or identity but history, common language or culture can.

The germanic meme is the granddaddy of WE

>northern-europeans? yes those are germanic
>oh you mean the FRANKS? yes that's a GERMANIC tribe
>the celts? germanics of course
>ah yes the huns, those germanics who conquered rome
>the saxonic tribes are descendants of germanics
>mediterraneans? pure-blooded blonde germanics no doubt
>your ancestors' greatest accomplishments only exist because of their germanic blood!
>W-Wir würst kaisers und scheisse!

The Franks and Saxons were Germanic tribes though, I get what you're saying and I agree the french should take pride in being french not because they have the blood of Germanic niggers, but that kind of takes away from your argument when you say dumb shit like that.

To say there is no mixture with Germans in France is simply wrong, there blood is definitely part German.

You mean Franks? Germans are Franks as well.

They should really identifies for what they are: Gauls
Franks were germanics but thry were only the rulling class and didn't mix with the commoners

bump

Marseille and nice are basically italian cities anyway.

Alsatians are basically assimilated Germans. Culturally and linguistically they're French but ethnically they're German.

They identify as black people

Of course the Turk says this.