'We're the geeks, the prostitutes': Asian American actors on Hollywood's barriers

we need to do something about hollywood whitewashing

>these problems matter

sure sure
nip chong
all rook saem

If Hollywood accurately showed a 56% white america, how would most people react?

>bottom right
wasn't that a chinese production flick
shouldn't they complain to the chinese government?

Are they really people stupid enough to believe literally anything coming out of Hollywood (aka Israel)?

Are these just shill threads?

if i wanna see asians i just watch asian movies from actually asia

Neither Major's body nor Damon's role were Asian (they were in fact White) why is it whitewashing?

61%

People believe Alex Jones, I don't see how it's some kind of stretch to imagine they'd believe Hollywood

The only people who would react are assholes on the internet. Everyone else wouldn't care.

Name a good Asian American actor.

Not only that, the movie was "whitey mercenary without honor comes to China to steal gunpowder, learns honor and trust in China and leaves a honorable man"

Anyone who complains about the film is retarded

how do we fix asian americans, Sup Forums?

>Everyone else wouldn't care.

Hollywood doesn't seem to think so. They are pretty conservative in casting their films.

I usually get my news from the Guardian, BBC, NYT and WaPo and I'm afraid this is skewing my perspective of the world.

I guess I should read some conservative viewpoints as well.

Asians want in on the persecution game even though they're the well off group in the USA

Black:
>we're being gunned down in the street!
Hispanics:
>the President wants to round us up and deport us!
Asians:
>some white guys find us attractive! and um we should be the lead actor in movies even though we're like 1% of the population

Hollywood is so far up it's own ass that it doesn't even know what the rest of the world is like anymore.

>some white guys find us attractive
Not the ones born in america haha

This, since they are actually capable of producing their own cinema

>>we're being gunned down in the street!
By other blacks, they should start focusing in their actual problems

*autistic screeching*

I have no strong feelings one way or the other

>Asians want in on the persecution game
I bet that article wasn't written by an Asian

Lucy mother fucking kung fu Lui
She was hot too

Hi, my name is Philip Wong.
I went to an ivy league school and make $500k a year.
Let me tell you how oppressed I am.

Yeah I'm still pissed about them white washing Deadshot.

True, but she's a bit old to be playing the Major.

I like how the SJWs ignore that both The Great Wall and Ghost in the Shell had considerably large casts full of Asian people and instead focus on only the main characters.

>Black:
>we're being gunned down in the street!
Stop shooting each other.
>Hispanics:
>the President wants to round us up and deport us!
Stop breaking the law and coming to the US illegally.

Gas the ABCs
t. Mainlander

smelly gooks

AJ is more credible than Hollywood.

Shit like OP is 100% Israeli manufactured devise garbage.

That's what you get for fucking my waifu Maggie, you gook cunt.

>geek
>offensive
ok then

>The Great Wall
Literally a Chinese film directed by a Chinese director for a Chinese audience. They wanted Matt Damon in their movie because he's a big shot Hollywood star. SJWs are so fucking stupid.

You will never see Ghost in the Shell 2017 starring Lucy Lui in a skintight suit with the same lesbo scene except this time it's Lucy Lui making out with Scarlett Johansson.
jdimsa

was the great wall any good? Looked kinda interesting

>user says as he goes on to make a thread about how jews are brainwashing the masses and theres an agenda for black men and white women while white men are portrayed as weak and evil

why are minorities such entitled cry babies?

Whites are 77% of the U.S. population. Source: U.S. Census Bureau.

>56% white america

but this is a meme and not true at all. Whites are still the vast majority of America.

Difference is this isn't your country.

Hollywood goes where the money is.
If they want more of X is Y roles, they need to actually start watching them.
But I guess bitching about it on social media is easier

Says the white guy posting on the board that spent years crying about a black dude playing a minor role in Thor, and did it again when another minor role in a Thor movie was given to a black woman

It's a little hard to watch something that Hollywood doesn't make

Out of the way blacks.
Asians are the new suffered race!

Libcucks

Funny how you don't see any of this pathetic outrage when there's multiple cases of blackwashing in recent Western media.

Also, the Japanese themselves didn't have any problem with SJ in GitS and the last one is a Chinese film with the role specifically written for a white man.

Why are people all the sudden so mad that a predominately white country is predominately white media?

Do people get mad that Chinese media is full of Chinese people?

Hollywood loves jerking itself off about diversity until it effects their bottom line. What else is new

Actually it is. It is a democracy and most people think I am one of them. You are the outsider, people in general hate alt righters more than they hate me.

These are facts.

>Gorgeous blue-eyed blond woman replaced by untouchable sheboon

Wow, what problematic shitlord would have a problem with that.

>Why are people all the sudden so mad that a predominately white country

The fatal flaw in your argument is you're a tripfag so opinion discarded.

I'm sure China doesn't give one fuck how Europeans are portrayed in their media. Why should Europeans care how Chinese feel about ours? Why do non-white minorities get to dictate to whites how we have to think and live? Nobody else in the world consents to that. Maybe multicultural marxism isn't working

If Indie/foreign films of a certain demographic started getting more popular, Hollywood would piggyback off it in a heartbeat.

>WHY ARE THEY MAKING WHITE CHARACTERS BLACK STOP IT!!!

>I think people should stop whining about making asian characters white

The irony. Never change /po/ junior.

are you a hapa?

Asians and Africans should live in Asia and Africa. There. Boom. All racial problems solved.

No I'm white I just pretend to be one online.

I have 4 alts on /r/hapas

Whats that have to do with what I said?

So, you are a hapa?

Why don't minorities just make their own movies if they don't like the ones white people make?

What would you guys do if you didn't have these clickbait "stories" to get enraged about? Is this what's keeping the white race down?

probably the same thing you are doing now

No, I'm white. For whatever reason I just find it funny to argue for them, probably because I agree with them and have witnessed the crazy white worshipping and asian small penis jokes first hand.

Like, how can whitebois joke about small penis asians when they are the butt of the same jokes from blacks? Whites look fucking stupid online

God no. It was pure trash. And not in a contrarian Sup Forums way. It's fucking bad.

>*smacks lips* whiteboi

You had better fucking be a lying nigger because if you're genuinely white this is sad.

Reminder that Hispanic people are counted as white in the US.

>racewar now!

You and r/hapas implicitly say diversity causes tension

You have the option to select "non-white hispanic."

Oh my god fuck these fucking idiots. The people in the article don't give a single solitary fuck about the ideas GiTS puts forth, and only want to stir the pot with this stupid representation crap.

THE STORY OF THE MAJOR IS ABOUT HOW SHE LEAVES HER INDIVIDUALITY AND ETHNICITY BEHIND TO FUSE WITH A FUCKING SENTIENT AI JESUS CHRIST

Whatever. I'll take them over the durkadurkas flooding Europe anyday.

You realize I only say it because you get mad in real life right?

It does. I don't like immigration but blaming the immigrants and making them out to be horrible people is stupid, there's no way to go back and that extremism puts people off.

/r/hapas is wrong about many things though, but the things they are right about is so crazy right about and no ones talking about it, and it triggers both alt rightists and SJW. It's really funny to me.

>but the things they are right about is so crazy right about and no ones talking about it, and it triggers both alt rightists and SJW

All three of them are right about certain things. Only two of them offer some semblance of a solution though.

>there's no way to go back
Exactly. I really don't know what else people expect to come from bitching about the immigrants on the internet.

the only role that would be in demand is cute asian girls in major roles but they can't act and the white women who read that SJW garbage would be jealous because white guys prefer asian qt's over them.That's why there are hardly any asians

maybe to stop more from coming

No it was horrible basically "glorious China the movie". It would've been more subtle if it was just 2 chinese guys jerking each other off for 60 minutes.

You could limit immigration and with enough racemixing you could have a homogenous country eventually.

I have several minority friends who are against immigration, but it seems like every white person in that sphere hates them and wants to genocide them on the day of the rope.

was it at least visually tasteful? I though Passengers was average, but it at least had a unique sci-fi aesthetic to it

Because they've seen white people are weak and giving in to every minority that cries enough. But don't you fucking dare ask about the hypocrisy of never seeing a white person in Asian,African,etc movies or media.

Or javs

>the guardian
>an opinion article, no less

Delete this trash

Because nobody gives a single fuck about them except themselves. They don't make money and nobody cares about them. Everyone cares about seeing beautiful white people so minorities only have one choice and that's shoehorning themselves in to leech like parasites.

>jews
>white
nobody ever complain about jew washing despite them only being 2% of the population

AJ isnt credible at all he took way too many drugs and believes in space aliens.

Visually it's alright, but you'll have to outweight that with the how much you can put up with "grorious China" fellatio.

lel. would it be better on mute?

FUCK OFF NOBODY LIKES THE GUARDIAN IN BONGLAND BAR THE FAUX-LIBERAL CUNTS.

THIS IS AN OPINION PIECE. REEEEEEE!

They look weird.

Deal with it.

>Asians in hollywood
Move to Asia if you care so much, it has a huge film scene

I don't either.

Just give up and let yourself be taken over. Do not complain, do not resist.

Do nothing.

it's 1.4%

also these timed captchas are literally fucking impossible. i've never once got those to work correctly and now they are everywhere

I don't think most people care about who is getting the salaries, the arguments are more about representation.

No white kid is gonna see a jewish actor do something and feel like he couldn't do it because he isn't jewish, and they aren't portrayed in a jewish context.

I think critical theory is BS though, just let people make movies and stop complaining endlessly about jewish agendas or whitewashing or whatever.

KEANU

r/aznidentity

prepare to raff your ass off at the microdick rage

The problem with niggers is that they're dumber and more aggressive by nature. No amount of "focusing on problems" will fix this besides eugenics.

>microdick rage

jesus I'm and frequently read counter-currents.com, but it's hard to say they don't have a point

People would just bitch because she's of chinese descent, playing what they perceive to be a Japanese character. You can't reason with these people.