With all the shit going on and the negative talk on Sup Forums that has been here since the beginning of time...

With all the shit going on and the negative talk on Sup Forums that has been here since the beginning of time, I think I would help liven up the mood a little bit.

How about a good ol' Space Elevator thread? Haven't seen one of them in months.

Other urls found in this thread:

futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2019.htm#bionic-eyes
futuretimeline.net/index.htm#timeline
youtube.com/watch?v=moOykmDIFsE
phys.org/news/2010-01-oceans-liquid-diamond-neptune-uranus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These threads are called "Trump General" these days.

This would never work

>space elevator thread
>contributes nothing to his own thread
>expects others to do it for OP

Jesus Christ you might actually get a good thread once in your NEET life if you put a little effort in it.

Bionic Eyes on the way, planned for 2019, will actually be pretty good other than the shit we have today.

futuretimeline.net/21stcentury/2019.htm#bionic-eyes

Newfag pls, this is a thread where you post cool as hell inventions and revelations.

What if we just took the money we would spend on a Space Elavator, put it into anti-gravity tech research, and hoped for a breakthrough?

can't get enough Mexicans to stay around long enough to build it that high.

>so true.

>lets put all our money into theoretical research that might not get us anywhere while a space elevator is theoretically possible and not outrageously expensive

It'll work if they anchor it to the moon

Btw, this site has a huge timeline for what is to come. Go ahead and repost shit here if you want to talk about it.

futuretimeline.net/index.htm#timeline

They are already working on a Faster-Than-Light travel and we havent even established a permanent hold in our solar system outside of our planet's atmosphere.

Faster Than Light? Joy, I can't wait for 2600 when that's out.

>2600
please
if a theory is already being worked on, it will be decades, not centuries before we'll have FTL

>If a theory is being worked on
Theories can be worked on by anyone. Some 10 year old child could watch Star Wars and think about going FTL. That's how "important" a theory is.

We were talking about FTL since we entered space, we still haven't achieved it today. Just because it's a theory, doesn't mean it's going to happen any time soon. They can theorize all they want, but we aren't going to get it unless we have the technology and the resources to do it.

I legit feel like i wanna kill myself

Underrated

>anchor to the moon
are you aware the moon rotates and orbits the earth it would just rip apart

If we get one. It'll fall.

youtube.com/watch?v=moOykmDIFsE

The moon is not in geostationary orbit. You'd wrap the cable around the earth.

>le orbital meme

I swear, summer gets longer every year

Are you stupid?

Why Sulawesi?

Putting a space elevator in a muslim country just seems like asking for trouble

Put it on a track that circles the globe then. Do I have to think of everything here?

Not that guy but please explain why his point is a meme.

>doesn't even contribute anythig

You're supposed to come with your own articles and images to post, idiot.

I tried making a space elevator thread, spend hours getting my stuff prepared, and literally no one showed up.

Sup Forums is dead.

That would wrap the cable around the Earth, eventually so tightly that it would rip the planet in half

>all these posts thinking Space Elevator thread has anything to do with space elevators

Just fucking leave, reddit. Stop ruining every single board.

Sky Cities on Venus when?

that's a big cable

The orbit of the moon isn't a perfect circle either (nor for that matter is the surface of the Earth), the line would need to have a ton of slack in it which would not be useful.

Not with the materials we currently have, but with enough funding it's very possible in 20-30 years. Unfortunately, there's not enough need for a space elevator yet for any country or corporation to invest hundreds of billions of dollars in its construction.

Seriously though, why the FUCK haven't we built a moonbase yet ? It would be great way for us to get the know-how of how to live outside earth, and prepare for Mars. The short distance between us and the moon assures quick supply transfer and good communication.

Wake me up when nuclear fusion

it would be going 3,683 kph, how the hell would anyone get on?

for you

Who's going to pay for it?

Not the Moon or Mars.

Venus is the true redpill

>space elevator

this is why you don't see science threds here

get the fuck out of Sup Forums go to /sci/

Mexico!

Nobody wants to spend money. nobody believes that space is the final frontier anymore. They would rather spend tax payer money on feminist programs and welfare chimp money.A fascist world government that believes that Humanity is a species of exploration and we must spend money on new space tech and shit. Or who knows maybe ww3 will bring the next generation of science just like ww2 and we will get FTL or something like that.

Space travel has to be cost neutral or better to take the next leap forward.

Countries can not fund it. It must be private enterprise.

1. The moon has very low gravity, it has an adverse affect on human health.
2. There not much benefit in it.
3. It's still a really far distance and transporting something to the moon is still a few thousand dollars each pound.
That's a lot of money.
Plus needing people to survive up there will take multiple trips.

It's just not worth it. We already have the ISS.
Better technology might get us to start a terraforming mission in a few hundred years, but until then Earth is fine.

kek

You're confusing theory and hypothesis. Just stop.

Nah, just not possible.
Focus on asteroid mining and ISRU instead please.

>Space Elevator thread

That would require you to post science and tech related articles, OP. You don't just get to declare "space elevator thread" and not make any meaningful posts.

Delete you thread, compile some articles and prepare some posts to go with them, then come back and make a new thread. Be the change you want to see.

This doesn't feel like a Space Elevator thread ;__;

He (they?) left us because we were too dumb

The real driver will be economics.

When there is money to be made then it will happen.

>resource gathering

That is what set off the age of sail.

For Jew

Wait until night you dip

People will explore space when it is profitable. Nobody believed private business could make rockets and shit but just look at Space x.

>if it isn't hating niggers and Jews in not interested

I'm sorry, we can't hear you over your lack of creativity in appreciating anything.

To get business into space chasing a resource-laden asteroid, what materials would it have to be? Titanium/Platinum? I'm assuming stuff for making bigger and better ships to keep reaching further and further out into the universe.

So, relating to space. I had this idea. It's already been proven at the photon level traveling between two points is faster than light. This is all theoretical, but could we make teleportation possible by reducing people to photon level, then re-constructing them at their designated point, all together? It'd take the following-
>Powerful amounts of energy, to deconstruct a living being
>Careful mapping of every person involved, so even down to the smallest cell is placed in it's correct location
>Two locations set up, the original and destination.
>Method in which to reconstruct photons into living beings, with enough energy to forcibly put photons together again.

But could it work? Humor me for a moment.

phys.org/news/2010-01-oceans-liquid-diamond-neptune-uranus.html

The DeBeers might wanna get in on this

this user gets it

>implying diamonds are worth literally anything but as cutting tools

And before you say it, making ships with diamonds would be a terrible idea considering how easily diamonds burn into carbon ash.

More interesting question: given that you can now construct a precise duplicate of a person, aren't you just killing them each time you do this?

I love that Star Trek ep with the Riker duplication by the way. Pretty deep

Easy there senpai it was a joke

Okay, well, assuming you have the ungodly amount of energy, computing power, and equipment to map all that out, are photon even capable of this? Next, would that not be essentially destroying the person each time? Third, simple reassembling the person would destroy all electric impulses anf you would be left with a mass of dead flesh even if it somehow worked.

Needs to be almost self sustaining at first. Drones most likely as most of the cost of space travel is building bulky life support systems.

>automated ship to asteroid
>harvest
>replicate self in space
>repeat
>build more infrastructure in space
>costs go down
>enables better access for humans
>sciences lead the way
>engineering follows
>terraforming

Human travel needs its cost to go down and only then will be a facilitator of greater profits.

Nice.

Sorry, I've had this argument in Sup Forums several times and I'm getting triggered easily now

>not a single bullet where it would hit the driver
jesus christ france

>Build Space Elevator
>It gets bombed and destroyed by muslims the day after

I can't really imagine it to be too resistant to damage