Was it body horror?

was it body horror?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sHjJCgW8ORE
youtube.com/watch?v=udgfHtx2MJk&ab_channel=Gojira5400
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Partly, yes, not unlike Cronenberg's The Brood

Well it's certainly got a lot of squick to it. It's based off the original suit with keloid scars covering it's body to look like a bomb victim. Plus it looks like Anno was going for the whole Lovecraft angle with how shin goji acts so it would make sense to have him look like he's a writhing mass of flesh like what comes out of love crafts stories.

Gonna Segway a bit.

How are they going to introduce three new monsters, have them fight each other and then team up in a single movie? It's not gonna be like Amazing Spider-Man 2 where each villain was just sort of 'there,' right? They took a whole movie to introduce Godzilla, and they're gonna attempt that again with Mothra, Rodan, and King Ghidorah in a single movie?

Also what about mothra? The whole 'magical fairies' backdrop doesn't seem like it would fit thematically in the Monsterverse. Or Ghidorah for that matter. Is he going to be a space monster or some ancient prehistoric creature? Rodan seems like it's going to fit though.

I just have a bad feeling about it. Legendary should stagger it out more. Give mothra and Rodan an introductory movie or something and then put them in with Godzilla and Ghidorah so it feels more natural.

>segway

What's the matter user? You seem kind of tense. You don't want to lose your head

He actually kind of reminds me of a volcano.
>hide is black and glowing red in places like magma
> skin texture is in waves and slabs like volcanic rock after it cools down
Wasn't this one an allegory for the Fukushima earthquake and disaster? It would make sense to have Shin Godzilla to take on a natural influence. He looks like a volcano almost.

>Those thighs
Should Godzilla be on my 600 pound life?

Where did they come from?

Those are just shin Godzilla splitting off into new organisms

>They said SS would make me alpha

no it is kino

body horror IS kino you fuck

it was more kino then body horror

>the pinnacle of adaptability and evolution
>body shuts down for two weeks after breathing fire

Defend this.

>the pinnacle of adaptability and evolution
According to...?

evolution isn't perfect, and many animals today hibernate.

besides, it had built in defense mechanisms while it was in shutdown mode.

that and humans are also very very good at adapting to stuff.

>implying it was just fire

nitwit

This is a convenient oversimplification on both points, but you know that!

>channeling the energy of gods through a biological body
> not taking a breather

what is body horror?

Watching your mom naked

imagine if your skin peeled off, your bones cracked and reshaped themselves, your arms painfully knitting themselves into your calf muscles until you became a screaming bleeding slithering mansnake

something like that but not as tame

No. It was a drama/comedy made to point out how shitty japans infrastructure is

so The Thing

Yes, exactly!

>that Kong on the right
apelets never learn

Yep. Anything by cronenberg really.

Uhhh Yea.... The movie was basically what would happen if Cronenberg decided to remake Dr. Strangelove.

Boy if they didn't freeze this faggot the world would be ash thanks to thosee God Warrior looking fucks emerging from his tail

He's the missing scientist guy, isn't he?

It seemed like the nuclear waste and chemicals mixed with an ancient creature that might have been long-dead. When the scientist dropped down there, he gave the thing a basic consciousness.

It was essentially a nuclear skeleton driven by his hate

wrong

What does that image prove? The movie strongly implies that the scientist is part of Godzilla

Yeah fuck that. I can't imagine a more nightmarish scenario.

They've already established pretty well giant monsters have been here forever. If anything, a quick 15 minutes going over files explaining their origins would suffice. What, you want them to spend ANOTHER movie explaining monsters have been here longer than humans? We still don't really have an origin story for everyone else so far aside from... they've been here.

Any links to the artbook?

They gave out these little pamphlets when the movie was in theatre in Japan

Shin Goji was originally an ancient deity of Tokyo bay.
When human dumping nuclear wastes in nearby sea, these wastes are killing him.
In order to survive, he start to consume these nuclear wastes and mutate, as a result he became a Tatarigami, an abomination that can absorb or emit nuclear radiations

The pamphlet didn't give much detail about the professor, most people assume his death gave Shin Goji extra human DNA

Is it worth a watch? I've only seen some webms and it looks pretty interesting..

They were the next step in his evolution. The scientist we hear about who predicted Godzilla, and who's wife died from radiation turned himself into Godzilla, that's why it starts off on the abandoned boat with the shoes, and why those things coming off Godzilla have a not so human skeleton, as well as the dorsal fin

>Is it worth a watch?

Yes

Yes, it's the best movie of its genre in this century.

Other than a few moments of shitty cgi and a poorly thrown in female character it's pure kino.

I hope you're speaking about the half American chick.

The end was lame and the CGI was pretty shitty (as is par for Japan). And that chick randomly trying to speak English was irritating.

But for a movie about a giant lizard attacking Tokyo it was a pretty good though. All the fast-paced disaster action running up against bureaucratic tedium was surprisingly entertaining.

>poorly thrown in female character
that was a personal service

Guess i'll give it a try then, thanks.

Really wish they kept the shot where Shin's blood had eyeballs and shit in it.
Now that would be body horror

Theres a new comic coming out that hints at additional monsters in the sequel.
youtube.com/watch?v=sHjJCgW8ORE

Me. Fight me faggot.
Come on.

Sure, the first form was shit, but basing the entire movie off of one example is retarded. Everything else was perfect

Nah I just mean all the cranes looking like they were giving Godzilla a dental operation was an anticlimactic finale.

youtube.com/watch?v=udgfHtx2MJk&ab_channel=Gojira5400

>tfw plebs of this magnitude are allowed to live
sad