Should I get into this? I feel like I could do it and theres a team in my city

Should I get into this? I feel like I could do it and theres a team in my city.

go to a game and take some pics for us

Yes.
>International competition, as well as domestic leagues
>Nigs can only compete in 2/15 positions
>No pace babies
>Both free flowing and highly tactical
>Less ads
>Anglo sport
>Not dying of head trauma at 40
>Actually learn how to tackle
>Similar feats of athleticism (Competing for the highball
>New feats of athleticism (Lineout's)
>No girly protection and you can't throw the ball forward. You have to face the enemy alone.
>1 team for defense and offense. Not 90 players to pick and choose from.
>esteems the western masculine qualities of camaraderie, fairplay and a balanced beer/sport ratio.
>high standards of morals in and off the field.
>It will scare the shit out of the NFL
and best
>Kicking is actually valued

Get ready.

Yes. Don't let kneelegg shills get to you. Rugby is the superior handegg sport.

But is Rugby superior to the AFL? Does it take more skill and strategy? Which one is the truer test of manhood?

I'll give it a watch. I'm trying to get into some new sports this offseason. It's a shame the only team near the east coast is in New Orleans, but I'll still root for the Gold.

I live in New Orleans so yeah.

Rugby is more tactical and more varying positions. AFL might be more atletic (the players are slim and athletic, but not as muscular as in rugby).

Hate to break your balls, but you should start by watching competitions outside the US. Now there's European Six Nations -tournament, Scotland-France being played tonight. Next week the Aus-NZ-Saffer-Arg-Nip tournament of Super Rugby begins. It'll get you pumped and you can also follow the American championship with more enthusiasm.

I just watched USA Rugby beat Canada earlier. I'm still trying to become familiar with the sport so I probably will check out the Scotland and France match later. I know America won't be as competitive as other nations since we don't have a tradition of rugby being a major sport. It's just nice to have a more local team to root for.

HELLOOOO MR BIG STRONG AMERICANS

>one month out

HELL YEAH

AFL players are recognized here to be wimpy faggots barely better than soccer players

OP here, I'll be honest. I'm a handegg fan.
My posts:
Im as new orleans dude. Kinda happy that theres something for me when the saints aren't playing. Just asking because I want to know what Im getting into here.

Im hearing mostly positive vibes so far.

Yeah that's one of the great aspects of the game. It's all about grass-roots, as it didn't become professional before 1995 (it was forbidden by the rules).

Even though USA isn't the best team in the world, they still make the World Cup regularly. Should there ever be a bigger focus to the sport, the US could be major player. In 7s rugby the USA are one of the best on the planet.

All NOLA fags should root for France

which rugby will this be? Im guessing it will be union and league is just a name for Americans to recognise?
(rugby league is dead)

You know I tried to get into canadian sports because New Orleans > Canada > france but it just doesn't work for me.

Just look directly back to the mère patrie without détours. Rugby is hugely popular in France, the second most popular sport right after Association Football. It's heartland is the South-West, where towns of 50 000 people use rugby to fight century-old rivalries. There are of course bigger cities in the area like Toulouse, Bordeaux, Montpellier etc., but that southern corner and its countryside are the heart of French rugby.

Thats cool and all but even though I have french heritage (provence) I know french people hate me because Im american

I hope our national rugby team can at least qualify for the world cup since our soccer team choked.

whats up with east coast? too manly of a sport?

>glendale in colorado

1 hour 22 mins to go. All aboard the Scotland-France match thread when it comes

what le fug, this is bullshit

I play with a local team. It is fun and a good way to let out steam after work.

Of course, I never actually make the "competitive" team because I'm shit and a manlet but it is still fun.