I just don't get it

What is the lesson of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbBD7VIJ4cc
investopedia.com/articles/investing/022416/why-banks-dont-need-your-money-make-loans.asp
wsj.com/articles/citigroup-to-pay-7-billion-to-resolve-mortgage-probe-1405335864
reuters.com/article/us-wellsfargo-housing-idUSKCN0VC1KO
money.cnn.com/2013/11/19/investing/jpmorgan-mortgage-settlement/
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/08/21/342147284/bank-of-america-reaches-record-settlement-over-mortgage-meltdown
fortune.com/2016/04/11/goldman-sachs-doj-settlement/
nytimes.com/2015/08/02/realestate/the-millennial-commune.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Invest in water.

Learn about economics and do the math yourself.

Adam McKay is a huge Bernie supporter. Just look at the credits for The Other Guys.

with jews you lose

Eat garbage. Be Free.

autism pays off

You can be as much of a cunt as you want if you got the power to back it up

basically that everything liberals claim to hate and vote against like businessmen and "cooperations" are meshed with the "anti cooperation" liberal party gov and democratic party that they vote for and even worse they cover up and bail them out when it's actually the dem lib parties fault it happened.

This

That you can have an all star cast and still make a boring movie.

Dude rich white people lmao

You beat (((them))) at their own game by becoming (((them))) when you already were

Jew and immigrants are good bois dey dindu nuffinz

(((White)))

You don't need to understand Economics to scam people

You just need to be willing to lie and give no fucks about ruining the economy. And then when you do ruin the economy you hold out your hand and demand trillions in the form of government bailout money all while demanding less financial regulation bc and more diversity quotas so that the scam artists can cross cultures

everyone got away with it, and nothing was changed, so they'll get away with it next time, too.

:^)

This

Even this movie is really jewy since it pretends that you needed to be a genius investigative reporter to understand that giving out NINJA (No Income No Job or Assets) loans would crash the world economy

At least until Holocaust 2.0

The 1% make a movie about how they got away with literally destroying the world economy. The last 5 minutes was just rich people making fun of the rest of us.

It's about how the big man will constantly fuck you for their own personal gain at no loss to themselves because of government bailouts.
Everyone who's saying this movie is jewish is fucking retarded. If it were, then it wouldn't exist, because the Jews rule 100% of all banks worldwide and also 100% of every single movie ever made. Why would they expose a part of their system if they themselves are running it? Fucking idiots

They made money that's all that matters

It doesn't matter to them if the average person is worse off, because why would they give a fuck? They got a new private Island after the Goldman bailout

Wolf of Wall Street is better because it portrays this ideology more accurately. Wall Street bankers are no different than your average street criminal only they can afford better lawyers and publicity .

Not technically true

It was directed, written, and produced by goys (including Brad Pitt) and the owner of Paramount is Greek not jewish

At this point I should just put a filter on anyone who uses (((this))) desu

Too big to truly fail

If you're big guy and fail but you're a major part of the economy so they give you money to try again and you fail but you're a major part of the economy so they give you money to try again and you fail but you're a major part of the economy so they give you money to try again and you fail but you're a major part of the economy so they give you money to try again and you fail but you're a major part of the economy so they give you money to try again.

The lesson is to pay fucking attention to what these shit-eating money-grubbing faggots are doing BECAUSe THEY'RE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING AGAIN WITH A NEW NAME

The lesson is that white collar crime is infinitely more damaging to the world than any violent crime statistic.

Building bridges saves millions of hours wasted in cars. Or was that the other one?

yeah. people who think THE JEWS CONTROL EVERYTHING don't even realize that J.P. Morgan was an Anglo, most of Goldman Sachs is white (really white), Rockefeller wasn't Jewish...the list goes on. but these guys got their degrees from Blurry MSPaint Images University so they're not the brightest thinkers.

look for the truth. google The Eternal Anglo.

>The Eternal Anglo
Holy shit this is advanced Sup Forums memes
I think I might make a bogpill with an anglo spin to it now

Wall Street is a part of the economy in the same way a giant blood sucking tick is part of a dog

>Was

Morgan was founded before Jews came to the US in the 1890s

>Wall Street is a part of the economy in the same way a giant blood sucking tick is part of a dog

If by that you mean the tick is attached to the heart and there's no way of removing it without killing the dog then yes.

Jews lied people died

goose and brad pitt looked cool as fug in this flick

Goldman Sachs is very Jewish

Go ahead and try to find a more kikier kike than Lloyd Blankfien the current Goldman Sachs leader and the leader when the were comitting billions of dollars of mortgage fraud and then shorting those very same mortgages.

They were even found guilty by the government, as have the big 4 commercial banks Wells Fargo, Citigroup, MorganChase,and Bank if America,

But is anyone in jail? Nope

Lol no

Wallstreet provided nothing

Similar to the old aristocracy they provide nothing to the economy beyond rent collection which saps away money from the working class

They produce nothing of value whatsoever

Basically it was
>Meh thats not my problem

Fpbp

>Wallstreet provided nothing

>past-tense

lel keep clinging to a false reality

This entire thread lost the point/doesn't understand how economics work and are too politically minded/blind to even think of the thing that's the problem, dumb fuckwads.

git gud git redpilled dumbasses

You mean 1.0?

quick rundown on the eternal Anglo

>controls the major banks through LIBOR
>London contains more multimillionaires than any other city
>has no native cuisine to speak of, steals from everyone else
>still occupying Ireland
>still occupying Scotland
>still occupying Wales
>have been to war with all but 20 countries that currently exist
>overthrew Iran's democratic government in the 50s to protect British Petrol
>let America "win" their war of independence, now America serves their military interests whenever they please
>infiltrating Africa through BP and Americuck servants
>set up the British mandate of Palestine and pit the Palestinians and Zionists against each other to distract from their shenanigans
>controlled the opium markets in the East and continue to profit off organized drug markets across the world
>released Harry Potter to make the world think young british males are likeable and courageous
>stole most of their language from the French

that would go to prove that rich people control everything, not jews. unless you want to convince me that their names were really Georgewitz Bushsmith and Baruch Obamastein.

You're right

Wall Street provides nothing and produces nothing and it never has

>Wall Street provides nothing and produces nothing and it never has

All those trades that happen daily are taxed though. Without Wall Street the US economy would be unsustainable

>Without Wall Street the US economy would be unsustainable

that's a risk i'm willing to take.

But politicians are largely just captives of their political donors, most of whom are wall street financiers

Goldman was Obama's biggest contributor in 2008 and surprise surprise they didn't go to jail

In fact Goldman got billions in bailout money as a reward for wrecking the econony while the average home owner was told to eat shit, in so many words, the opposite of the plan Obama ran on where he claimed he'd bailout homeowners.

That means nothing, especially since most of the trillions of dollars of money currently in the market were created into existence by the typing if a few keys on a computer.

Fugazi was a good word for it in Wolf of Wall Street. Fairy dust, it doesn't exist.

Steve Carrel can't look serious without coming off like Brick.

>That means nothing, especially since most of the trillions of dollars of money currently in the market were created into existence by the typing if a few keys on a computer.

Do you really believe that the government just gets fake 1s and 0s on those taxes and not actual currency?

What's the opposite of The Big Short?

The Small Long

Made me lose faith in the free market and the goverment. Pretty clear in the book that the banks gave zero fucks and the credit rating agencies were even less concerned.

It's not "fake"

It's just money printed out of nothing

No tangible goods or material are produced. They effectively do nothing but scam people into a pyramid scheme

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xbBD7VIJ4cc

...that's the consumer side, not the government side.
Do you really believe that the government just gets fake 1s and 0s on those taxes and not actual currency?

Currency is (mostly) just 1s and 0s

There's nothing fake about it

Only a small percent of money is paper

Wall Street provides no real goods and services besides passing ones and zeroes around, something anyone with a computer could do.

>Wall Street provides no real goods and services besides passing ones and zeroes around, something anyone with a computer could do.

Downplaying banking, economics and business-in-general this hard is equivocal to anti-vaccination and holistic medicine followers downplaying modern medicine.

actually comparing banking to an actual productive industry makes you anti vaxxer tier or evolution denying tier

believing that banks provide some vital, necessary good or service that helps the economy is like believing in Sana Claus. It's at best an outdated notion from the old days when we still traded around pieces of metal we dug out of the ground as "money"

>actually comparing banking to an actual productive industry makes you anti vaxxer tier or evolution denying tier
lel'd kindheartedly

>believing that banks provide some vital, necessary good or service that helps the economy is like believing in Sana Claus. It's at best an outdated notion from the old days when we still traded around pieces of metal we dug out of the ground as "money"

"I have no understanding of Credit: The Post"

>believing that banks provide some vital, necessary good or service that helps the economy is like believing in Sana Claus
Do you like having a salary? Thank banks for that you fucking retard

Hold people accountable for their actions and ask government to do something about bad systems.

>"I have no understanding of Credit: The Post"
>Do you like having a salary? Thank banks for that you fucking retard

It's funny how you bestow these magical superpowers on banks and act like anyone else is delusional.

Fun fact: banks create money out of nothing. If they create money out of nothing and invest it poorly the economy goes to shit and the government has to bail them out. Where does the government get money? It creates the money out of nothing via the FED.

investopedia.com/articles/investing/022416/why-banks-dont-need-your-money-make-loans.asp

You could essentially eliminate our entire banking system and replace it with public credit creation (the same type the banks get) and cut the trillions of dollars of financial overhead paid to bankers

inb4

>but muh small government

How exactly is giving trillions of dollars to Goldman Sachs as a reward for committing mortgage fraud small government exactly?

Don't even try to come back from this you fucking inbred, you flat out didn't know that credit is a fundamental requirement of a capitalist economy

Yeah they can suck but there's better places to look for corruption and evil than at the top, because 99.99999% of the time, evil comes from somewhere lower
Pasting rich people as being evil is literally just envy superimposed on vanity

where in my post did I say that credit would be abandoned? lol learn to read.

>Pasting rich people as being evil is literally just envy superimposed on vanity

What are you the wall street internet defense force?

Every single Big 4 bank was fined billions for committing massive mortgage fraud prior to the sub prime crash that resulted in trillions of dollars of fraud

wsj.com/articles/citigroup-to-pay-7-billion-to-resolve-mortgage-probe-1405335864
reuters.com/article/us-wellsfargo-housing-idUSKCN0VC1KO
money.cnn.com/2013/11/19/investing/jpmorgan-mortgage-settlement/
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2014/08/21/342147284/bank-of-america-reaches-record-settlement-over-mortgage-meltdown

As part of a court agreement Goldman Sachs had to outright admit that they intentionally defrauded their customers by billions of dollars

fortune.com/2016/04/11/goldman-sachs-doj-settlement/

But sure, they're the good guys

w/e

>You could essentially eliminate our entire banking system and replace it with public credit creation (the same type the banks get) and cut the trillions of dollars of financial overhead paid to bankers

If I were you I'd ask the community college for a refund on your Remedial Economics class. When they ask why just show them your post, specifically where you propose changing the banking system, the literal backbone of capitalism.

The banking system is the backbone of bankers making money via rent seeking at little else

Industry and production are the backbone of capitalism. Banking is little more than the massive leech draining productive capital from the market and into the pockets of a few worthless parasites.

This was wolf of Wall Street on steroid's

Move the goalposts more
See if I care

>The banking system is the backbone of bankers making money via rent seeking at little else

And? If they have something you want you don't get to establish terms, the owner does. If it's not "fair" to you then go elsewhere to seek coddling.

I just proved wall street committed trillions in mortgage fraud which tanked the global economy, while you were claiming they weren't evil, criminals.

You're the one moving the goalposts.

Spicey?

They don't "have" anything

rather they create money out of nothing and then, when the economy goes to shit the government bails them out by creating more money for nothing via the FED

Nothing a bank does is remotely productive, it's a purely extractive, parasitic action.

The same people defending modern bankers today were the ones defending the Aristocracy's right to lord over the peasantry in the 1700s. We all know how that ended.

You still don't know what credit is fuckface
Also, that's literally this movie. You've found the initial question of the thread. Congrats.

>don't know what credit is fuckface

Yes I know what credit is and therefore what credit fraud is i.e. repackaging junk (sub prime) mortgages and reselling them as triple a rated debt.

That successful banker weirdos look like Christian Bale and Brad Pitt and they are actually good guys.

I'm leaving now
Go play with your legos

stay assblasted

>They don't "have" anything

Banks have the wealth to cover the cost of something you want. They'll advance you this wealth with something called a Loan where you can get the "something" now but make payments with interest.

OR

You can save your money and avoid the banks.

>Yes I know what credit is and therefore what credit fraud is i.e. repackaging junk (sub prime) mortgages and reselling them as triple a rated debt.

ffs my laugh woke up my neighbors

Good thread. This movie definitely deserved its win for best adapted screenplay. Very tough material to turn into a coherent let alone entertaining film.

Don't gamble with peoples money. Unless you are the main character, the you can gamble with peoples money.

>Banks have the wealth to cover the cost of something you want

Except they don't

Banks create money out of nothing

What happens when all the bad loans they make inevitably default? Well you get a crash like 2008. Bear Stearns crashed and for whatever reason the government let them collapse, setting off the huge market selloff, but then went off to save every other corrupt, criminal wall street bank that committed however many trillions of dollars in mortgage fraud.

You know what I mean

You need a good credit rating to get a mortgage. What happens when you consistently lie about the junk mortgages you hand out and repackage as "quality investments"? You get the Sub prime mortgage crisis

It's the governments fault I don't do my due diligence.

RICH PEEPLE ARE EBIL BERNIE TOLD ME SO XD

>Except they don't

Except they do. I can go to my bank tomorrow and get a car loan.

>It's the governments fault this corporation sold me ice cream laced with salmonella

which is created out of nothing

And if the bank makes too many bad loans and is about to shut down, the government bails them out with more money the FED created out of nothing.

>buy house I can't afford
>with a loan that's interest rate is going to change
>told this when I signed up
>sign up anyway
>it's the governments fault they didn't stop me
Actual insanity.

To be fair the government is supposed to have standards in place to prevent that. Poor standards yield poor practices.

>which is created out of nothing

No the bank covered the cost.
To say it was created out of nothing means it holds no value, which is false.

>You are a responsible person, and wait until you are employed and able to afford a house before taking out a loan
>10,000 illegal immigrants gets loans from Goldman Sachs despite not speaking English, not having a job, any savings, and possibly not even currently alive or having ever existed
>market tanks anyway you lose the value of your house and your loan is now underwater (home loan payments are more than the house is worth)
>lol it's all your fault consumer you should have known better than to live in a house git gud

Well that's why Reagan and Clinton gutting the SEC (Securities and Exchange C omission) which was supposed to stop financial fraud was a bad idea

>was created out of nothing means it holds no value,

The government also creates money out of nothing and it is still holds value

The bank can do the same, but with the stipulation it eventually needs to be paid back.

>The government also creates money out of nothing

in the US currency is printed on a composite made of cotton with security features.

>but these guys got their degrees from Blurry MSPaint Images University so they're not the brightest thinkers.
kek

>buy house on a fixed interest rate with solid credit
>subprime crisis happens
>end up a little underwater on your home
>refinance with dramatically lower rate
>still underwater but a lot more income for the other things in life
>market recovers a few years later
>no longer underwater
>still have a killer rate
Responsible people did fine.

>delaying home ownership

Yea let's tell men and women to delay having children even further than it is now. You have no fucking idea how bad this idea is because you're refusing to look past the textbook.

The vast majority of money is not physical, it's just numbers scrawled on paper on in a computer

The government can create money by typing a few numbers on a keyboard.

the housing market has largely recovered because of the convenient fact that dumping millions of people into the country a year still drives up land prices regardless of how ludicrously inflated prices are.

I don't support our inflated real estate bubble to begin with

Inflation adjusted real estate prices are nearly twice what they were in the 70s despite real wages having declined.

But hey if you are a boomer and got into the market in 1970 when your house was $70,000 and now have land that's worth $1 million+ you're doing great.

It's not so great if your a millennial who wishes they had even close to the same living standards as their grandparents though.

We'll all just have to get used to living in communist style communal living

nytimes.com/2015/08/02/realestate/the-millennial-commune.html

around banks watch your flanks

N-nobody has a master plan g-goyim they're all just stupid goys trying to make goy money!

>The vast majority of money is not physical, it's just numbers scrawled on paper on in a computer
>The government can create money by typing a few numbers on a keyboard.
Boogeyman: The Post

>the rest
Living standards reflect the current state of the economy; grandparents had it a lot better than their younger millennials.

Boo-fucking-hoo life ain't fair. Still not a good enough reason to dismantle the banking system.
AND LEL COMMUNAL LIVINGS
Even the most bitter middle class occupant would riot wouldn't agree with this shit.

>Boogeyman: The Post
Wait what? I don't even know what this argument is about but that's true. About 2/3 of the worlds' dollar supply isn't physical money. The fed actually exists, it's not just an Austrian conspiracy theory or something.