Can we talk about this movie series? I loved it as a kid, mainly because I fucking loved dinosaurs (still do I suppose)

Can we talk about this movie series? I loved it as a kid, mainly because I fucking loved dinosaurs (still do I suppose)

But I rewatched the first trilogy yesterday and dammit that ruined it. There are SO many annoyances, plot holes, things just straight up make no sense or are beyond cheesy it really took a piss on my perceived enjoyment of them.

I also realized I hate almost everyone in this movie, especially all the kids. What the fuck, how can they be THIS annoying.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rok7nrwJXEM
youtu.be/lIo7cG0Mt4s
youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y&t=761s
youtube.com/watch?v=LBTE3aH5gpw
youtube.com/watch?v=SLGeFfxdEkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JP 1 is awesome user.

I had all the books about dinosaurs and a real heavy dino phase myself. I wanted to fuck and suck the Stegasaurus.

Nobody ever cared about the human characters; it's always about the dinosaurs.

JP is awesome and 10/10 movie to this day.
TLW is corny, cheesy, but entertaining
JP3 is bad
JW is garbage and an insullt

>T-Rex is shown on the other side of the fence, you also see a goat standing there
>a bit later he rams into the fence after electricity went out and walks over the concrete railing
>a few mins later you see him push the car back to the other side and it falls down like fucking 40 meters

How did this happen?

This user is right. Original JP is great but obviously repeated viewings wont'hold up to the standard set by the first time you saw it.

The sequels are really, truly bad movies except for Postlewaite.

he's a big guy

Only the first movie was good, although the T-Rex scene at the end was pretty stupid.

>someone actually tried to answer this already in such an elaborate manner
hum

I really don't like the kids and the woman though.
But then again having annoying as shit characters seems to be a recurring thing for JP movies. Just think of the married couple and the son they are looking for in JP3 dear God.

>T-Rex scene at the end was pretty stupid.

that shit was ridiculous, pure Speilbergian tripe. He seems to go out of his way tot try and ruin pretty damn good movies in the last ten minutes of them.

>"oh hey I have a computer at home, I can hack this right away!" - little girl as she enters some 3D thing where she finds a "node" or something

oh shit how did i forget abotu those little fucks. Goddamit.

>Jurassic Park 2
>The ship that has the big T-Rex on it (Baby Rex was flown in by helicopter, remember) crashes into the harbor
>they go on board and see that everyone was killed, blood all over the place, some ripped of arm still holding onto the steering wheel in the commander's room
>dude presses button and this cargo hold opens and the T-Rex comes out and runs off into the city

So how did they all die if the T-Rex was in the cargo room then, how did the T-Rex kill people inside the ultra tiny and tight rooms on the ship and then somehow end up back in the cargo room with the doors being closed

A very 90s movie, unsure if it's as canny in the book.

There was a cut scene where velociraptors got on the ship and killed the crew and they just kept the rest the same while cutting that scene.

I haven't even seen JW yet.
Should I go do that tonight?

Is it even worse than JP3? At least the dinos must look amazing right, since they have modern tech and all

the first and second where the best, it took the 90's adventure capitalist combined it with science climbing new heights and palyd out beautifully the rest are pure garbage for my sad fellow millennials to drool over

It's entertaining, but ultimately disappointing and not very good. It has a nice thematic commentary on the use of cgi in movies to substitute for lack of writing, but other than that it's a forgettable experience.

The book goes into a lot more technical background that doesn't play well on the screen, but they still got it right.

If you want to see a complete abortion of Chrichton's work, read Timeline then watch the movie.

Man that movie sucked dick.

Spielberg seems to think that having characters being in a family will make the movie more emotional, which is not true at all since we know from the beginning they will all make it out alive whilst the peripherical characters will die.

What are some other good dinosaur movies or TV anyway?

I remember being really disappointed with the Terra Nova tv series, good thing it got cancelled right away

it's terrible. JP 3 had some redeeming factors, like Grant, raptors, cool action sequences and shit. JW has none, it's a fucking trainwreck that tries playing on nostalgia but fails. you can see it as a meme I guess, but prepare to be disappointed

sauce?

walking with dinosaurs is top dinokino
youtu.be/rok7nrwJXEM

Even the raptors annoyed me in JP3

>dude raptors were like, even smarter than primates
>all the raptors magically appearing before the group right at the end
>they just want their eggs back
what a load of fucking bullshit that was

Don't even get me started on the fact that a few seconds of a phone call with that girl Grant called (the one from jp1 that married some other dude after all) where she didn't even understand ANYTHING other than some garbled gurgling scream was enough to somehow end with the United States Navy or whatever appearing at JUST the right spot on the island a mere few hours later, conveniently also exactly where the group exited the jungle

And they landed there with like fucking 4 choppers, multiple landing LAVs and like 70 soldiers.

I'm so mad right now

JP3 is awful but at least inkeeping with the series. It's a fun watch at the very least.

JW takes the "has science gone too far?" theme and bludgeons you to death with it. Sprinkle in some fanservice and CGI gimmicks and and, well... there you go.

JP 3 was pretty bad too. Awful plotting, Grant had literally no reason to go in a rescue mission with in a dino island with a bunch of scrubs.

sorry, this version sucks dick, just download it. heres a sample, cgi really aged, but it is still entertaining
youtu.be/lIo7cG0Mt4s

Oh yeah the BCC documentary of sorts on them, I saw that many years ago, I liked it.

The raptors could have and should have killed the entire group, then ripped the bag apart to get the eggs back.

This isn't true, I started that rumor in these threads years ago, and once in awhile I see it get reposted. Blows my mind.

no you didn't
it's not a rumor, in the books raptors get on the ship

I would rate the series
1>=JW>3

JP1 has been one of my favorite movies my whole life

Lost World is alright, for purely dinosaurs it's good if not better than the first. But the story and characters suck. The "good guys" in the movie are the ones fucking everything up and are pretty much responsible for all the deaths

JP3 was okay, that early 2000s cgi doesn't hold up as well but having grant back was cool.

JW is fairly mixed, it seems like they go for some snarky camp aspect with the whole park and the military villain guy. Didn't really have as much intense scenes as the others but is still alright. At worst it's pretty much what a jurassic park movie made by Marvel would look like

>it's not a rumor, in the books raptors get on the ship

There is no fucking ship in the book. That whole ending sequence was only in the movie.

Don't watch JP1 again. Now that you're no longer a kid you'll see all of its flaws and how obnoxious half the cast is.

Not him but I watch it every few years and still love it

I still like it, the characters in it are fine. I still may be blinded by "nostalgia" or whatever but I still think it's good

Kids enjoy it.

Teenagers and early 20's are contrarian douches who look for flaws and find actors obnoxious because everyone is obnoxious and nobody understands their deep pain in life and WAKE ME UP INSIDE.

Adults enjoy it.

My biggest question, after all these years, is why keep the raptors in the first place? They can't go on display and they're too intelligent to weaponize.

My second question was why, if they're so smart, didn't they hold on to the crane the cow was dropped on and let it lift them out of the enclosure?

I'm fucking 30 and I find it hard to look past the annoying cast and the weird things they say and do now.

smart raptors meme only blew out in sequels, in JP height of their abilities was opening doors, and it was stated that alpha female is really smart and others learned from her, they made a big deal of how special this one raptor was. they werent that smart overall in the first movie. and Hammond still planned to have them in the park, they were in holding pen because they were reinforcing their habitat at the time of the movie

the whole raptor meme really went too far
It's a surprise they didn't have them pick up a rifle and shoot the group with

It was the early 90s. Spielberg didn't give two fucks about being realistic for you nerds. Shut up fatty.

There is a ship in the first book with raptors on it you little bitch.

Still doesn't make sense why they would cut that from The Lost World. But there's no real defending that movie. It's easily Spielberg's worst, most cynical, only made for the money movie.

Same thing with the Transformers series, nobody fucking cares about any of the human characters, everybody wants to see CGI robots beat the shit out of each other

JW is horrible, only good for CGI
JP3 at least had some good characters and action sequences

Transformers is just too bad
No amount of explosions can salvage that

Critchon in The Lost World book wrote fun side plot about raptors. his reasoning was that the smarter the animal, the more it learns from its parents and relies on instinct less. and genetically engineered raptors had no parents, no older specimens to learn their societal norms and abilities from. so all raptors were fucked up psychically, were agressive, constantly attacking and killing each other and other animals, had no stuff like pecking order or proper comuncation and coordination and shit because they were not raised properly. shame they didnt use that plot in the movies

>good characters

Such as?

>Redditors don't like Tim and Alex because reddit culture says "Every kid character is le annoying"
uh, color me surprised.

JW basically plays out like a Final Destination movie with dinosaurs.

Explain.

It's cool there's a graphic now but this was talked about in an interview somewhere a borillion years ago. It didn't get conveyed in the movie well but the movie's continuity was always in line with the actual geography of the location they shot in.

If Tim had given Grant the gun in the control room, they'd have killed that raptor.

Holy shit walking with dinosaurs was absolutely pure kino
I loved it as a kid

You can deduce it by comparing JP and JW, in the first one the raptors turn out as sociopathic, aloof and kill for sport and in JW they learn from each other and from a 'father' figure about social skills. The Indominus grew up fucked up in the head too because she was left alone

No you didn't. This has been pointed out by people for years now as a possibility. There is however no evidence that there was ever a planned scene with raptors aboard the ship.

>Grandmother 12 kids
>mother 3 kids
>you a dog and an abortion
REMINDER
Jusrassic Park is NOT abotu hur durr scary dinossaur isn't cool guise XD it is about family and more important bearing the responsability of bringing life to this world
if you didn't get this the first time watch this video for more detail
youtube.com/watch?v=CHPjVgYDL6Y&t=761s

spielberg movies are ALWAYS like this, Jaws isn't about a shark, it is about the relationship of three man from different classes banding together for the greater good of each one of them
E.T is about the troubles of growing up without a father figure

Why was it so hard for them to just make a movie about a group of whatever ragtags trying to survive on dinosaur island?

Why do we need annoying brats, "superhero" kids that can do everything, a romance plot, le 3smart5u raptor meme and so on

wow you figured something out everyone knew already

>ME WANT TO SEE BIG DAINAHSAUR
KEEP SHOVING YOUR MOUTH WITH THAT POPCORN YOU FUCKING PIG, SHOVE THIS THING DOWN YOUR THROAT.

I can't believe everybody went to see it
I guess explosions and robots is enough to make everybody flock to see the movie

T-rex wasn't in cargo hold at first but on the deck in that cage thingy. Then it broke free, then ????, then the crew lured and trapped it in the cargo hold. You can see the broken cage as T-rex escapes from the ship.

Stupid scene though, no explanation on who killed the captain.

don't understimate this board level of autism

Doctor Grant

lmao fucking rekt

He's still right, though. We didn't need hacker kids and the like, it was just a very cheap plot device.

Wow holy shit you figured out some obvious shit

The movie is a series of disaster set pieces in which people are killed in increasingly elaborate, over-the-top ways.

youtube.com/watch?v=LBTE3aH5gpw

Doctor Grant
Hammond
Malcom
Tim (literally one of the best protrayls of a kid who loves dinossaurs)

Every character in this movie is great
youtube.com/watch?v=SLGeFfxdEkA

I guess but the excuse given for him to return was flimsy at best. JP3 is still a whole lot better than TLW though.

Literally one of the first scenes of the movie is Grant fucking up a computer, then Alex (the new more evolved generation) can use one

They bred them without knowing how smart and dangerous they would be. Muldoon's first line in the movie is how he thinks they should all be put down, so it's safe to assume Hammond is keeping them against his Game Warden's advice, probably because he loves nature and dinosaurs and shit.

No, no. I'm talking about JP3, not the original. I was responding to

>we just filled up the missing dna with frog dna bro

... yeah, that doesn't make it not a cheap plot device. What the fuck is with you. I didn't say it was illogical, I said it was stupid and cheap.

This thread proves my theory that disney can literally put 2 hours of x-wings fighint each other and retards would eat it up

Anyone remember "When Dinosaurs Roamed America"?

It wasn't stupid nor cheap
One of the back bones of the movie is how life is always evolving and some things should just be left in the past for the new have a chance

That's because it's star wars
Hell they could literally just do 3 hours of Darth Vader breathing and everybody would still go see it

I think the difference is that people who watch a dinosaur movie want to, understandable, see dinosaurs.

They don't want to have 30 minutes of the movie across multiple scenes be wasted on some literally who cares guy trying to get back with his wife.
We get it. Establish it and leave it at that, screen time is precious so don't remind us of them trying to fix their relationship all the fucking time.

The kids were characters in the book too, you fucking retard.

ASMR

It's a 12year old girl who can hack her way through high-tech security. her only skill is then used in the movie while no one else could figure it out.

go back to tumblr.
Just because something as a theme, that doesn't make it great or without flaws.

Nigga Jurassic Park was the biggest box office ever until titanic
I think people want these "literal whos"

That doesn't contradict what I'm saying, you fucking retard. Jesus Christ.

It would have been without all of that, too.

>high-tech security
she didn't have to crack any passwords or anything like it
she just had to click on the sector then click in "shut doors" wow, how difficult

That's retarded in its own way.

What kind of computer works like that? Where you have some weird 3D view of files on your computer as you fly around?

Which no one else could figure out. And yes, even the password system is then fucking stupid. Cheap.

You're describing JP3, not the original.

Everyone else that was computer savvy was dead by that point. It does make sense that she was the most familiar with that stuff.

>Which no one else could figure out
there were 4 people in that room, Tim who doesn'tlike computers, Grant who doesn't like computer, Ellie and Alex
It is not like it was a room full of the park employees

Dude it was the early 90s and a Spielberg adventure movie. Did you really expect some realistic computer GUI? Don't be stupid.

>"spared no expense"
>only thing keeping any dino in check is the electric shock you get when touching the fence, which apparently isn't even enough to kill a little kid (Tim gets shocked and survives np)
>otherwise the fences are so brittle a trex can just run right through it

great planning of your park there hammond

Again, it's still a cheap plot device because of how they portrayed the character, what came before, and whatnot. A 12year old girl with no personality besides being a computer genius was able to hack that thing and that was all she was ever good for. Because there are no other ways to solve this movie / sequence.
I am quite sure Samuel L Jackson couldn't figure out that simple thing either for some reason, albeit it's been some time since I seen the movie or read the book.