Thread, Star Trek, hot.

Friendly reminder I don't know how this works

*teleports behind you*

Is Bill here today?

>Computer, create a replica of the Enterprise
>Transport Lt. Worf to the holodeck
>Disengage safety protocols

Did he do anything wrong?

I'm about to finish TNG, i'm starting season 7, and i plan to watch the movies then DS9 next, should i do it?

Threadly reminder that Captain Ransom did nothing wrong

Blackpill me on TNG

Would this episode be even better if most of it were about Picard waking up in Kataan and no cuts to the Enterprise and the mind probe, until the end, where the truth is revealed?

season 7 finale is my favorite episode in my opinion
I hated the movies and DS9 though :(

Captain Kirk is browsing this thread, say something nice to him.

>Falling in love was never part of the plan
You just know

I wouldn't have saved that bitch from the pool either

he didn't warn Voyager and almost go them killed/destroyed because of his actions

So he didn't do anything wrong then?

Cultural Marxist propaganda disguised as wacky space adventures

it's one thing to abuse aliens but you don't betray fellow starfleet members

That would be betraying his oath to Starfleet.

hi mr shatner i played paintball with you at CPX with mancow it was lots of fun thanks for being a cool dude

Probably not. "It was a dream the whole time" is almost always terrible if it's used as a plot twist.
In The Inner Light it's fine since we know what's going on the entire time, it would have been viewed as an obnoxious cliche if they surprised the audience with it.

Which captain would get back from the Delta Quadrant the fastest?

My money's on Sisko. He'd have destroyed the caretaker array and gotten back to DS9 before his raktajino got cold.

Yes. Do it.

Sisko only cares about results, he's a man of action. Picard has ethics and kirk/archer would stop to fuck/jimmystewart every friendly race on the way home.

Kirk, they traveled to other galaxies and got back multiple times.

as far as the (((diversity))) goes i completely agree
TNG is comfy as fuck though and occasionally has great writing and performances

The Defiant would have run out of supplies before the Nekrit Expanse. It's dependent on constant repair, maintenance and resupply from DS9.

Well, i see your point, but the "It was a dream the whole time" cliche usually is obnoxious because of the episode's writing and story, which was not the case with Inner's Light, since it had great writing and emotional impact.

>when the weed hits

Was also nice cause I think Picard's real life son was in that episode.

It wasn't a "dream" dream, it just wasn't Picard's life. Like he's now over doubled his age full of wisdom by absorbing another life.

Yes, those events greatly influenced on his life and completely changed him and his perspective, it was very profound.

>that scene is this episode when Picard tells his experiences in Kataan to commander Daren

Oh you mean that lady we never see again and he becomes a dune buggy driving action hero in his twilight? How impactful.

Then he also ate the borg hivemind, Picard is like a braingod by the end of TNG, shame they didn't depict him any differently.

he always had that brash side, tapestry proved that
he only "mellowed" down because he was older

favorite TNG episode?

>Gets angry at Janeway for breaking prime directive to get Voyager home
>Loves Ransom for doing twisted shit to get his crew home

Trump/Dominion supporters, everyone.

They should have depicted him a little bit different, but he changed yes.

>dune buggy driving action hero
That is appeal to the masses.

When double-penetrating a holodeck character, is it considered proper etiquette to offer your Captain his choice of holes, or just go for it?

Why the fuck would you ever want cold earl grey?

What an arc, truly guided by the singular genius of one visionary man.

The computer has autism

Inner's Light, Tapestry, the second Moriarty one and Fistful of Datas

Starbucks customers

>you can't be enlightened if you like to drive

what's next, complaining he liked to ride horses?

Hey Bill I really hope the next Star Trek movie is a continuity "deboot" to the normal time where nuKirk has to repair the timeline and Shatner has a cameo as Old Kirk and they meet one another as the timeline is repaired

Rank takes precedence as normal. In the even that two or more officers of the same rank are involved, seniority applies.

Generations 2?

Does William have a Sup Forums pass? I don't want him to be dealing with captchas

Picard is an accomplished diplomat, surely he'd offer the visiting Captain first choice.

I forget the title, but the two-part where Picard is being tortured by the Cardassians is not only my favorite TNG but also my favorite Trek episode.

That would be great, Generations was a good movie

Hard to choose
Ensigns of Command is up there
I like Cause and Effect for the whole mystery aspect

>Regulation 191 (Article 14): In a combat situation involving more than one ship, command fell to the vessel with tactical superiority.

>be Shatner
>visit the constant Trek threads on Sup Forums
>none of them ever feature any discussion about TOS
>hfw

Why bother with DP when you could just have the holodeck create a woman with two asses, like a reverse Catdog?

>TNG movies
I don't recommend any of the dullest entries in the Star Trek franchise's history. Seriously, each flick following Action Picard and his chad pals from Enterprises D&E as they fight revenge-seeking Khan-lites has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, those films’ only consistency has been their lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make scifi into scifantasy, to deliver the franchise into the hands of JJ.

Perhaps the die was cast when Berman vetoed the idea of Frakes directing Nemesis; he made sure the cast's final entry would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable milking of geekdom's sacred cow. The TNG movies might be anti-Roddenberry (or not), but they're certainly the anti-TOS movies in their refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the TNG books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the books are terrible. As I read one, I noticed that every time the author ran out of ideas, they wrote instead another character from another series crossing over to bail them out.

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that a character from a different series appeared in a novel for TNG. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope over forty-seven times. I was incredulous. The minds of TNG novel authors are so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that they have no other style of writing. Later, I read a lavish, loving review of one such TNG novel by the StarTrek.com official website. They wrote something to the effect of, "If you're still hungry for even more Next Generation, then check out Star Trek/Doctor Who: Assimilation^2, available now at a local LCS store near you." And they were quite right. They were not being ironic. When you read shit TNG fanfic books, you are, in fact, trained to read shit TNG fanfic comics.

kek

The TOS movies are always brought up.

He's probably more pissed that there aren't any TJ Hooker threads.

THERE

ARE

FOUR

LIGHTS

These days it's a mircale if threads don't turn into DS9 waifu circlejerking or ENT shitposting

Blessed be the guy that shitpost about Sub Rosa, at least he talks about the show and episodes

Come on Bill, TNG is miles ahead of TOS, but we could have some Boston Legal threads just for you.

hahahahaha...

"beeeverrllyyy...

beeeverrrlllyy....

suck my diiiiiicikkkkkk bevverrllyyy"

ghost_blowjob.jpg.avi.exe

why did Picard and Riker never take Q seriously?
he is literally a GOD

That would violate the Kardashia protocol of 213-69.9, which established that the Federation would not generate double-assed holodeck creations, or stealthily teleport the breastmilk of Klingon dignitaries straight from their teats mid-meeting.

Human arrogance

also if they had to take seriously all the powerful almost god-like entities in the space they would be fucked

I haven't read Trek novels in over 20 years, but I have fond memories of a few of them. 'Prime Directive' and 'Spock's World,' I can at least remember their names and thinking they were badass at the time.

They started off taking him seriously but usually he either indirectly helped them or was just a minor annoyance. They really hated putting up with his bullshit either way and the most direct reprisal is to ignore him.

too bee hoenest famadesu most trek fans haven't watched TOS in its entirety.

If you were raised on TNG or god forbid, DS9, TOS seems like campy trash with no """"""serious"""""" themes because it's still just Roddenberry very crudely gluing simple morality plays into space with new single-themed aliens of the week.

although in retrospect that describes a few seasons of TNG so I should probably just fuck off

They knew he was basically on humanity's side and liked doing the whole trickster god thing.

>read Star Trek Vanguard, because I wanted a story set on a starbase
>lesbian romance between a Vulvan and a Klingon spy

*Vulcan, I swear that wasn't on purpose

It fits so well in context

The one where Data gets 'amnesia' after crash landing on a preindustrial planet while carrying radioactive material.

now this is patrician taste

Picard probably had personal presets with his replicator requests.

Which raises the question why he couldn't just say "tea" and automatically get some hot earl gray

Maybe he likes his hotter than regular hot, perhaps so he can sit down, adjust his tunic, and relax a bit before partaking.

so if a Picard ever asks only "tea" without specifying "hot" people would know it's a clone, shapeshifter, impostor

mfw that's the slang for Vulcan lesbians

Is this the type of autism that goes on in /lit/?

It's one of the most popular memes on Sup Forums. You've never catched any memes outside of /trek/ threads before?

Real life wife's son?

>it's a Troy episode

Yes, and . . .?

>Troy

Moar bloopers!

Impossible because this is the best episode of the entire Star Trek catalog.

Think about that. Hundreds of hours.

Just watched it the other day and it still holds up.

yar is best girl
prove me wrong

>No lesson
>Nothing effects Alpha Quadrant politics
>All the characters just stand around watching Picard

Is there a more pointless episode than Inner Light and Tapestry

Disaster
The Defector
Data's Day
Samaritan Snare
The episode with Captain Jellico
Best of Both Worlds