/éire/

Better late than never edition

First against dull stupid romance anime and misrepresentation of the Luxembourgish people in said anime

So cold out lads. Insulation in my apartment is dreadful, heaters that are installed barely keep it warm.
How was everyone's day?

Reminder that Europeans have more Soy Boys than North America.

Absolutely terrible
What about yours?

I hear by call to the stand the individual who goes by the name of "Lux".
He is being charged by the /éire/ cabal with the offence of treason against the general by posting in a separatist and rebellious thread.
How do you plead?

Hello.

You don't know what you're on about. I spent all bloody day wandering around UCD and sweating with the warmth

I put my winter duvet on, have been finding it really chilly the last few nights. I always find early winter to be the worst as I'm adapting to the cold conditions, I usually just get used to it after a while.

We are Celtic

>What about yours
Was alright. I've certainly had better days.
>Absolutely terrible
What happened my traitorous friend?

Show me your red hair desu.

I feel really ill, not sure I should go to hospital or not.

>sweating with the warmth
Careful user, that's how you'll catch a cold of pneumonia. Why were you sweating?
>finding it really chilly the last few nights
Ya, things have gotten a lot worse in the week or so.
>put my winter duvet on
I'm usually fine once I'm in bed but the minute I'm out it's freezing. Probably need to put my heaters on a timer.

The amount of gingers in Ireland is blown out of proportion, senpai. The majority of you guys have poo poo brown hair.

>poo poo brown hair
Please, I have luscious black locks like any true Gael that has ancestors here dating back millennia.

Food poisoning it seems
Before I say anything,I call upon my right to be defended by a lawyer,I choose myself for I cannot expect a fair trial anyway.

I have posted in the general to ensure the upkeep of basic /éire/ etiquette such as not posting Bismarck or Zepelin unless you are Froggy,furthermore no one informed me that this behaviour was considered traitorous,nonetheless I have learned from my mistakes and have voted for a new thread before bump limit.

Because I wear an excessively heavy coat and it was warm out

>tfw not ginger but have ginger parent so could be a carrier of the ginger gene

A r1b black irish

>The United States is now the only country on Earth that's declined to be a part of the Paris climate agreement, after Syria announced Tuesday it would join the landmark 2015 pact.
How far will they fall lads? And more importantly how far will they drag the rest of us with them?

Feeling the urge to purge.

>black
You just reminded me of that black kid from Stranger Things, he has an Irish last name.
Gingers aren't bad because they have the added benefit of getting freckles a majority of the time.

Depends how long it'll take for Drumpf to be impeached.

>drumpf
the fuck

>impeached

>joining a pact you don't agree with to make your opponent look like a villain and distract people from your own evil
Sasuga, Assad

>How far will they drag the rest of us with them
Luxembourg probably not very far,Ireland on the other hand might have to learn some tricks from the Dutch

Not great. Have the heater on now, always keep it next to where I'm sitting.

>choose myself for I cannot expect a fair trial anyway
Very wise move. The whole game has been rigged against you.
>no one informed me that this behaviour was considered traitorous
As a long time citizen of /éire/ you should be aware of such rules and laws naturally. At this stage I would expect you to be preaching to others on how they should act within the confines of /éire/.
>have voted for a new thread before bump limit
Good lad, all is well again... except for your stomach and bowels that is. Get well soon and cut down on the wine.

wait this isnt pol

>all these (You)s
You shall all receive a response shorty, don't worry.
Will just take some time.

How many irish here are actually american?

Are eire/pol/ threads still around?

>tfw when even rocket man managed to sign the piece of paper
Drumpf please.

>mfw not a single ginger in my entire extended family

Doubt that you'll find any here,all pure-blooded Gaels so they are

>added benefit of getting freckles a majority of the time.
I have them anyway though only on my nose. They aren't normally seen as a good thing here.

I am a Greek.

I don't think it's that common for Americans to come here. I knew one in secondary school, real annoying lad.

how are you?

rarely

>Get well soon
Thank you
Lost Gaelic tribe

>always keep it next to where I'm sitting
I do that sometimes but then it gets too warm and I have to turn it off, and then it gets cold so I turn it on again.
Do you have a similar experience?

>how are you
Alright. A bit tired and the weather is quite bad.
How about you?

>They aren't normally seen as a good thing here.
What a bunch of plebs.

A good few did after independence. Apparently they were fairly entitled and didn't believe they had to adapt back into Irish life as they were already """Irish""" because their great-grandfather was from Offaly. Standard yank behaviour really.

>had something important to say
>forgot
It'll come back to me, I hope.

Are you Portuguese? I'm from Ireland but working here.

This is why you type it out beforehand somewhere so you can copy and paste it.

>Do you have a similar experience?
Oh God yes it's annoying. My father's worse for it though. He keeps the stove on in the sitting room until it's roasting then he opens all the windows until it's freezing again.

Where are you working?

the weather here haven't been good for a while either but as I don't leave often I don't quite care
>How about you?
watching a stream or just rather having it as a background sound so its quite nice...

Coimbra

I like your father,he knows what's good

IT?

Nah teaching English

Finished Danganronpa. Emotions are a bit all over the place after that ending. I was actually surprised the main person(s) at the end hadn't killed someone before though. When the game started and I got a look at all of the characters I had them picked out as being involved in some sort of murder, mainly because of their ability and how creepy their intro image was.
Still an enjoyable experience overall with some memorable characters.
I miss Kaede desu.

>type it out beforehand
Not the worst idea I suppose.

Yes, there's one on now

>freckles

Can you speak portuguese?Unless you teach at uni you must have a good grasp on it

>watching a stream
What games do you like to watch? I don't really watch Twitch much but I've been thinking about getting more into it.
Any recommendations?
>having it as a background sound so its quite nice
Never a bad idea desu.

What's with the anime faggotry here

Is the ending different depending on what choices you make?(assuming that the game has choices here)

Cocks...

>ending different depending on what choices you make
No, the whole thing is fairly linear.
Might not sound very good but they are still really good games, hence why many people buy them.

I used to have freckles in summer when I was a little boy
Fight me,runt

I only know a few words

2 years of Portuguese and still can't speak it for the life of me

>having your appearance change ever
Those who don't look like how they did as children have been replaced at some point in their lives.

Freckle bullying needs to stop. Anti-bullying freckle group should be established.

Ok so just checking if I understand this correctly,it's a mainly text based game with anime characters and a linear storyline?
That doesn't sound very exciting to me desu

>Emotions are a bit all over the place after that ending
I think everyone felt that way about it. After it settled I don't feel too bad about it, it just wasn't what I was expecting and very much up to interpretation. Difficult to get into too much detail here without spoiling anyone.
What I've settled on is the theme of deceit being core to the games message and evident throughout right from the very first trial when the player was tricked. Even the developers lied on the games connection to the previous and there's even something deceitful on the game box itself. In that spirit I'm hoping some of those more controversial aspects in the final trial were also a lie or coming from a warped perspective. I guess that's left up to player to decide.

>Still an enjoyable experience overall with some memorable characters.
I thought it had a stronger cast than the previous games. I didn't have any stand out favourite characters but I thought the quality was consistent throughout and all of them were memorable and had some sort of impact on the plot.

>I miss Kaede desu.
Same, but I liked the twist. I didn't see it coming.

>What games do you like to watch? I don't really watch Twitch much but I've been thinking about getting more into it.
I've been watching "Getting over it" its a rage inducing game and I watch it only because I like watching people rage and lose hope every time they fall down in that game... And sometimes I just watch Osu to see people who are very good at the game

>He doesn't enjoy visual novels

lux pls

I played some Sakura games,that counts right?
Maybe I'm not patrician enough to enjoy these kind of things

Keep trying

>mainly text based game with anime characters and a linear storyline
Correct.
>doesn't sound very exciting to me desu
If you don't like the concept of visual novels you mightn't like this I suppose.

>After it settled I don't feel too bad about it, it just wasn't what I was expecting
Indeed, when they first revealed I was like "are they serious?". Started to get used to the idea after a bit though. Still feel that perhaps they could have gone for a more "normal" ending if we want to call it that, but I guess all of the games are kind of abnormal in that sense? I remember the first being a bit of a cliff hanger at the end, though I don't fully remember.
>hoping some of those more controversial aspects in the final trial were also a lie
That was kind of suggested in the piece after the credits stopped playing. Have they said what comes next, can we expect additional games and other media or is this "the end"?
>didn't have any stand out favourite characters
Quite liked three in the image, though I guess some had more development than others.

Do you like murder mystery novels? It's a similar kind of appeal. Even though it's mostly reading through a linear plot it still feels very involved when you're guessing and thinking through the evidence as everything unfolds.

Any way I can watch/read danganronpa online without some obnoxious youtuber narrating everything?

>Getting over it
I've seen that in the games catalogue but didn't bother to look at it. Might take a gander.
>Osu
Have watched this a few times. Crazy how good some people are at that. Is it a case of being able to memorise the patterns or more about reacting quickly?
>like watching people...lose hope
Should play Danganronpa desu.

Also that final rhythm battle (disarmament is it?) was painful. I quite liked those in general though, really exciting even if they are quite simplistic in a way.

I left uni so I won't be anymore. I feel like if I had studied correctly I could speak it correctly by now

Alright Poi I'm looking for some answers and advice about CKII.

The game started differently the second time I tried it. The first time I had claims on Breifne and Tyrone from the start but the second time I only had Breifne, also my council were way better.
Is it best to start at the earliest date I can?
What should I put my ambition as? I put "become king of Ireland" the first time but I doubt I'd achieve that within my character's lifespan, he's already 52 when the game starts.
How soon should I seriously consider war and what should I do to prepare? I had my marshall raising troops but is there only so much he can do?
When I raise an army the two commanders other than the lead one have terrible moral. Am I supposed to wait a bit until it improves? Also is it best to have commanders on all your flanks? Even if the only available person is an elderly bishop?
Should I get my son married even if the only suitable women are in far off lands or should I wait until there's an Irish princess available? He's only 22 and already has two sons, somehow.
How does war even work? The army I marched to Donegal had more troops than them but then they were winning, but then I somehow won the battle. Then when sieging I made the mistake of assaulting the settlement and losing a bunch of my troops. Then the Donegal army appeared out of nowhere in Connacht so I hired some mercenaries to deal with them, then they lost despite outnumbering them 2:1, then they came back and won but disbanded shortly after because I couldn't afford them any longer.
Why does Breifne always have more troops than I can? The only reason I attacked Donegal was because their numbers were lower.

Am I trying to rush things too much? How long before I should start making my conquest?

>Have watched this a few times. Crazy how good some people are at that. Is it a case of being able to memorise the patterns or more about reacting quickly?
practice and lots of practice there is no memorising afaik
>Should play Danganronpa
great game try it out

>but I guess all of the games are kind of abnormal in that sense?
Yes, all of them had big twists at the end the player likely never expected. I suppose it stands to reason that those twists would become more extreme to continue delivering that surprise and they certainly delivered on that.

>Have they said what comes next, can we expect additional games and other media or is this "the end"?
I don't think they've said anything. I guess the options are a "V4", an actual 4 or to end it entirely.

>Quite liked three in the image, though I guess some had more development than others.
Still not sure if I like or hate Kokichi. Maybe both desu.
I'd probably pick Kaede, Maki and Rantaro as my favourites but I found Ryoma's straight talking refreshing as well, Tsumugi's references were on point and Miu had a directness I found far funnier than I thought I would. Good cast overall.

I want to cuddle an irish

Yeah, it started to grate. Dragged on far too long.

>Crazy how good some people are at that. Is it a case of being able to memorise the patterns or more about reacting quickly?
High level osu players tend to keytap notes and use a tablet for direction so it's a lot less frantic than it might seem if you're used to playing with a mouse.

You need your vassals to like so they'll give you more troops. You can also upgrade your holdings for that.
you should go to war when you're sure you have more troops than your opponent and make sure he has no alliance to fuck you over

>Is it best to start at the earliest date I can
No, it makes no real difference at all with regards to difficulty. 99% of players play starting at either 1066, 876 (approx) or 769 (approx). You probably don't have the first two due to not having the DLC, doesn't matter.
>What should I put my ambition as
Just pick stuff that sounds achievable. Get married, have a son etc. If nothing sounds achievable just pick whatever. They aren't really that big of a deal.
>I put "become king of Ireland"
Highly unlikely you will achieve that early on.
>How soon should I seriously consider war
Whenever you have more troops than the enemy and your country isn't falling apart due to rebellious vassals, which won't be an issue early on as you own most of you nations land.
>what should I do to prepare
Have your Marshall train levies as you were doing and maybe try and raise some money so you can afford mercenaries, not a big deal but an added bonus.
>had my marshall raising troops but is there only so much he can do
Yes, he'll only increase the maximum limit by a bit, depending on his skill. It won't continuously increase forever.
>Am I supposed to wait a bit until it improves
Yes, don't get into a battle until it is more or less full.
>is it best to have commanders on all your flanks
More or less, yes. Unless they all have a terrible skill level like 3 or 4 in which case none is better.

>Should I get my son married
Up to you. You should (doesn't really matter) try and keep your dynasty small at the start as your land will be split evenly amongst sons so the more sons and children the less land you (one character) will control.
>made the mistake of assaulting
Don't do that. If you have more troops, beat their armies until they don't have very many men left and then siege down their provinces.
>they lost
Mercs start with almost no morale, which may have been an issue.
>Why does Breifne always have more troops than I can
You can mouse over levy numbers in the county castle, will list modifiers. Things like the rulers martial score will affect the number of troops, so if you had low and he had high he might have more.
>How long before I should start making my conquest
Doesn't have to be right away. Could be two years, could be ten, depends on the situation. Don't feel rushed to go to war, just survive play around with the different tabs and features, have a look around the world, read lots of tooltips etc.

>No, it makes no real difference at all with regards to difficulty
Well I figured the English are programmed to come in at some stage later on.
>Whenever you have more troops than the enemy
How much more? Like a hundred or two or over a thousand?
>he'll only increase the maximum limit by a bit, depending on his skill. It won't continuously increase forever
Does that mean I have to keep him raising troops while at war and shouldn't have him lead any armies?
>don't get into a battle until it is more or less full
So ignore the message saying my vassals are mad for using their levies?
>your land will be split evenly amongst sons
How long until I'm able to change that? I assume other inheritance laws are better.
>beat their armies until they don't have very many men left
Their army fled after losing the battle, should I have pursued them or waited for them to come back before putting their city under siege?

>not sure if I like or hate Kokichi
Kokichi did nothing wrong desu! Like my mischievous characters, as I said.
>Rantaro
Hmm, I never really took much notice of him, perhaps for somewhat obvious reasons. Same could be said of Kaede but she was the protag and in frame all of the time.
>Miu
Strange how one minute she was annoying and the next you would feel pity for her. Her final deed can not be forgiven though!

>try it out
I've finished it. Have you played it?

>How much more
Around 25% more maybe?
>that mean I have to keep him raising troops while at war
No, you can remove him once you have raised the levies in that province and have him lead an army if you wish.
>ignore the message saying my vassals are mad for using their levies
Yes? Morale of the army isn't related to how your vassals feel. It just regens over time to max.
>How long until I'm able to change that
No idea. Might be a generation or two. Tanistry succession will probably be the easiest one to get next. Have a look in the laws tab to see what you need for it.
>assume other inheritance laws are better
Yes, gavelkind ones are amongst the worst. Primogeniture is considered the best but tanistry is a decent option early on and is unique to Celtic players.
>should I have pursued them
Depends. If they then had a lot fewer troops and weren't going to be much of a threat you could just go and siege. If they still had a similar troop count to you it might have been best to pursue as they may become a threat and you should kick them while they are down.

>Like my mischievous characters, as I said.
I do as well but I think I liked Nagito's more mind games sort of approach. Kokichi spiced up the game a lot as well but it's hard to not compare his role to Nagito, who is maybe the character I like the most in the series.

>Her final deed can not be forgiven though!
Can forgive it considering the target. Maybe

>liked Nagito's more mind games sort of approach
Didn't play it so I can't really compare, unfortunately.
>Can forgive it
Absolutely not, under no circumstances!

>If they still had a similar troop count to you it might have been best to pursue as they may become a threat and you should kick them while they are down
If I take over their county does their army still exist or will it disband?
Also what should I do with prisoners I capture during a fight? I had their ruler and a few others.

>If I take over their county does their army still exist
Yes, it will.
>what should I do with prisoners
Can ransom them back if you need the cash.
>had their ruler
Capturing their ruler should automatically win you the war. The war score should be visible in the lower right, capturing their ruler would give you 100% and allow you to sue for peace and force them to hand over the county you claimed.
It won't end automatically, you will have to send the peace deal.

>It won't end automatically, you will have to send the peace deal.
Goddamn it I knew I should have clicked into that but I was afraid it might automatically end the war.

I screwed up pretty badly towards the end so I think I'll restart for my next game. Third time's the charm.