13 Reasons Why discussion continued.... >>81506228

13 Reasons Why discussion continued....

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lkKwyjsJGxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

delete this

tony bless

Best soundtrack in a while. Could have benefited from some newer music that had that angsty ass The Cure/Joy Division/Ultravox vibe. Maybe Chvrches or Bastille or something, idk

bait

here's my image

d-delete this

Spoilers ahead..............

Seriously, how could anyone like this contrived, melodramatic, sentimental and superficial piece of faux-highschoolmusicaltragedy shit. I watched the first episode, and proceeded to flagellate myself in punishment for forever losing 45 min of my life. Anyone who thinks this "show" is in anyway redeemable has bad taste in not just film/tv, but probably everything—absolutely and unequivocally.

You all just kept on watching because the main character is hot. Otherwise you're a retarded faggot, literally.

I fear you lack a soul desu senpai

i only watched this because i never got to live the normie high school life so this shitty show was basically a substitute

no one watched this for the main character, he was an unbearable pussy faggot

unironically this

>Episode 11: Tape subject: Clay Jensen, for leaving Hannah at her request, after they shared a kiss.

How can people take this shit show and character seriously?

>i only watched this because i never got to live the normie high school life so this shitty show was basically a substitute
>no one watched this for the main character, he was an unbearable pussy faggot

yep

>no one watched this for the main character, he was an unbearable pussy faggot

>tfw i could relate to him a lot

How would Sup Forums react differently if it was a nigger that did the raping?

Can someone tell me what happened after episode 1? I found it ok, am interested to know what happened at the end, but I just dont have time to watch ok shows

>DID I KILL HANNAH BAKER?
>I m-mean like we all failed her man but yeah you killed her senpai

fuck you tony

bitch killed herself

>but I just dont have time to watch ok shows

>get a hold of some tapes
>1 minute into the first tape realize it's about Hannah's suicide
>take the tapes to the police knowing you're innocent yourself
>Bryce might go to jail
>no one gives a fuck about the other kids
>there's no tv show

if only clay wasn't so retarded

> tfw you missed out on teen love
> tfw most people at the school didn't even know who you were
> tfw you never got the chance to go to a rapists pool party

This bitch should have quietly taken some pills to be over with it.

This happened

This show was way better than I expected desu
I put off watching it for a while since I read the book in middle school and assumed it would be some more teen drama bullshit but it was alot better than that
Hannah was an insufferable cunt tho and clay was a pussy ass bitch
It's worth it just to see the other characters develop tho
Alex and Justin are the goat

Thank you friend, I take solace in the thought that I at least was less of a robot than you

stupid stuff

>tony apparently never has class, always watching clay
>clay taking forever to listen to the tapes
>hannah tries to make friends with all the jocks/ assholes and is surprised they're shitty people
>clay's mom is heading a defense case about the school not bullying hannah, while Clay is sitting on a HUGE STACK of evidence of bullying that is bound to come out and fuck up his mom's defense, doesn't give her any heads up at all
>hannah witnesses a jock rape her ex-best friend; decides it's a good idea to go to rapist's house at night and take off her clothes and get in a hot tub
>hannah has awesome and supportive parents & leaves them no notes or reasons at all, but makes 13 hours of tapes for her asshole classmates
>clay has his own tape ... because he left the room when she screamed at him to get fuck out multiple times
>zach didn't deserve a tape

A lot more Sup Forums shitposting

Also this happened

user fkd the webm, play at half speed

>tfw people seemed to like you
>even popular kids
>but acted cold and uninterested and people eventually started ignoring you
>all my freinds went to a different school so I had no partners for projects or anything
>Didn't go to prom or my senior trip

Sheri didn't deserve the tape either. All she did was not report a knocked down sign immediately. It was just incredibly unfortunate what happened right after.

Why get into the hot tub? Is she retarded?

Why was the soundtrack so terribly unimaginative?

>not closing your eyes and imagining slow gay dancing with Jeff at their prom

roasties BTFO

Hannah wasn't telling the truth tho, she was just saying her version of events. Didn't she think Justin rapes Jess?, like Tony said it was HER truth not the actual truth. The tapes are her reason for killing herself not the be all end all of what happened

What is wrong with the kids in this show? I mean Hannah and Alex. They have decent parents who don't seem to be completely emotionally dead and minor high school problems and yet they choose to kill themselves or attempt it. Do they care what it would do to their parents?

People who kill themselves aren't normal, medication could have probably helped

Alex got BTFO by photographer boy. Didn't kill himself.

that's a dumb theory

photographer took his photo down RIGHT after they remind us that Alex called a bully off of him that one time, an act of kindness

that isn't an argument. you can't defend a show by saying its critics simply didn't properly apprehend the show's meaning on an emotional level, especially when the characters in the show don't act like real people.

>no one watched this for the main character
unfalsifiable therefore irrelevant claim

jesus you guys are pathetic

pls take your self-pitying woes to r9killyourselves (but don't really, just stop retrofantasizing and feeling sorry for yourselves)

Why don't you just find another thread? What do you get out of insulting anons?

>jesus you guys are pathetic

You're raging over a TV show trying to draw attention to yourself while others are trying to have a discussion. You have issues, bro.

it's called tough love, user

grow thicker skin

and regarding the show, I'm just here to play devil's advocate. if people can't properly defend why they like something, then that thing probably isn't very good

(and next time I promise i'll make my commentary a little less incendiary)

>I DON'T WANT YOU HERE
>GET THE FUCK OUT
>Clay leaves
>WHY DID YOU LEEEEAVE

Jesus. At least she understood she would bleed him dry.

nice reddit spacing

Most people here are saying they don't like it though.

>it's called tough love, user
>grow thicker skin
What's tough love? What're you talking about? You haven't said anything, you're just throwing insults. I asked you a question. Why don't you just find another thread?

I think this show has affected you but you're too in denial to admit it.

It's ok, user. It's safe here. Let it out.

>continued
So its confirmed to be underage cancer from Sup Forums and tumblr just like dr who and hannibal during its time

how is someone saying you have the best ass considered bullying

The whole point is that Hannah takes shit differently. It may have been nothing to the other girls but Hannah is an insufferable cunt (probably due to some mental illness) so she overreacts to everything

She acknowledges it which is why she says, "You left, just like I told you to" this whole thing is about her needing help and not knowing how to ask for it. Which makes the 'what could have been' scene after that sadder.

she said it was because it made all the guys stare at her ass all day

and it encouraged the rapist to grab it

HANNAH IS DIFFERENT YOU JERK

This show needed more characters that would just come out and say it that she needed mental help and medication. Instead they all pretended like they little things they did killed her. Most people go through way worse every day and don't kill themselves.

>normie high school life

Only if you went to high school with 30 year-old hipsters.

Like most shows of it's type, the kids are written way more sophisticated than high schoolers ever really are.

Bullying is a term that's been rendered meaningless.

Now it just means, "Anything I don't like."

Halfway through episode two and I can't wait for her to die.

They should have named the show Insufferable Cunt.

not him but

it still doesn't help with the fact that I missed out on things most people in HS experienced.

I finished all 13 episodes and felt a little sad inside.

>pls take your self-pitying woes to r9killyourselves (but don't really, just stop retrofantasizing and feeling sorry for yourselves)

That's tough love, user. I'm promoting beneficial advice harshly.

And y'know what, user? I think you're right. After seeing that first episode, I realized something: I just didn't convince enough spineless wastes of human space to kill themselves for the sake of posterity—neither now, nor in highschool. There are just too many damned people who can't seem to wrap their heads around anything as well as a noose might wrap itself around their necks. So many missed opportunities of malignant biopsy from the face of the earth. If only I bullied more. See, if someone is so easily cajoled into suicide, then maybe, just maybe, they weren't cut for anything else. Fate has a strange way of sorting itself out.

Because it's an insult to every other girl in the school, and because it's totally subjective. She couldn't stand unsubstantiated claims of subjectivity.

no kidding, his mom is fine as fuck

Jeff didn't deserve what he got. That episode made me really fucking angry on so many levels. Also Hannah was a stupid fucking cunt, but at least she admits to being one in that same episode, I think.

Are all white high schools like this in America?

You actually think this nonsense is a good depiction of normie highschool life?

why is clay such a fag

does netflix think it's viewers will relate to this bitchboy?

It amazes me how somebody could be so stupid as to actually write this post, read it back, and then unironically share it with the world.

>unironically writing unironically
pls user, the amazement is all mine

white people is so incompetent they even cut in the wrong way

Hannah is T H I C C

you just called it the best soundtrack and then shitted on 95% of the soundtrack

this show rode Joy Division so hard, poster in Alex's room, "Love will tear us apart" playing from Tony's car, the fucking Bedhead cover of "Disarm"

I want to stop being a virgin

>tfw Clay's tape and we see Hannah's imagination

> he took the time to write that

The only people who like this trash are the epitomes of basic white girls.

DUDE BEING A TEEN IS HARD LMAO

>It's a Lana Rhodes kills herself episode

>never watched it once
>decides to throw an opinion in anyway
Is it hard being so dumb?

Honestly the tub scene turned me off. Am I really supposed to believe anyone would have entered the house of a rapist and take a bath in his jacuzzi?
I'm not a fucking autistic tard like 90% of Sup Forums but there's a limit to how you can play the "stupid adolescent does stupid things" card.

t. mad basic
I know it's not autumn yet and you can't get your pumpkin chai but calm down

Couldn't agree more. Currently watching episode 2 because of the qt.

The feels haven't started yet user. It gets better.

You've obviously never reasoned with a woman

Not getting raped would probably help too.

But Alex, I'm not sure why he killed himself

>he took the time to read that

>Alex, I'm not sure why he killed himself
It all started with him. He wrote the ass-list. Probably felt guilty.

Or picture taking, eric harris-ass looking dude shot him

YUNG MONEY

>A MILLIE
>A MILLIE
>A MILLIE
>A MILLIE

Why didn't Justin just beat the shit out of Bryce when he was raping his gf

how is tony so gay but so straight acting

I only saw the pilot and didn't really like it. Cyberbully was better. But I'm sick right now so looking to pass the time.

What's the best episode after the pilot?

Episode 6.

literal cuck

Keep watching until you see the scene where she very graphically slits her wrists in the bath tub and her parents find her already bled out.

The show is good, better than Cyberbully. Not sure why you didn't like the pilot, but give it a bit longer.

many such cases, sad!

>fucks up her whole life
>blames everyone else

youtube.com/watch?v=lkKwyjsJGxk

> saw the first episode... garbage
> grabbed book, read it in one day. garbage
> re-watched previous conversations I've had with students during my time as a teacher

The message of the show is "rape and bullying is bad" ... well goddamn fucking bravo...

Whoever wants to waste time looking something that only tells you this and shows you characters that are nothing more than the average and regular guy... be my guest...

Sup Forums , you have your problems, i know this, we all do... but why did you became a pool of nothingness? just complete void of nothing...

even Marvel vs DC generates some hate and that at least is something to motivate idiots... but stall life and make anyone wasting time with shit like this?... just because of "muh rape" and "muh bully" ?

If this way of thinking continues, I honestly will welcome death when it comes knocking on the door... and that's sooner rather than later fucking thankfully

so basically this show is about psychopaths having it all in life and it starts in highschool when they're the cool jocks that can do whatever they like and step all over people and fuck them over and then they go their way to becoming CEOs later in life (but the tv show's only about the highschool times) ???

sounds like a boring show

>"rape and bullying is bad"

Except they aren't

Rape is just an alternative mating strategy

And bullying is just a form of enforcing social norms.

Look at nature and you can find all sorts of cases of rape and bullying in evolution.

I totally agree with you. It's like the Wire. The Wire is just 5 seasons "the inner city is crime ridden" and "it sucks to be poor" and "guys the gubmint is really mean to black people". Total garbage.

I just like all the cute girls and guys user

As someone mentioned in this thread, none of the 13 Reasons characters come off as real teens. I guess the tape thing is like Bleach Girl, but an hero model of suicide for trival shit seems more teenish, like cyberbully and social media.

There's the tropes the show recycles too. Literally every Lifetime move is set in affluent suburbs with the lead dad being an architect. Don't poor people get depressed?

Also didn't like the American prudishness of the lead guy slut shaming Hannah that "some things you should WAIT for" based on a pic. This is California? What's with the Republican morals?

Hannah explicitly says Clay got a tape only because he deserved an explanation, not because he was mean.