How is this country so absolutely underwhelming at sports...

How is this country so absolutely underwhelming at sports? Is there any other country with so many people that's this shit? I can't recall a single french athlete ever. Every other sizable country is at least good at something. French "sports" is known only for hosting the tour de france and they haven't even had a good rider in decades, never a legend.

Try looking at medals per capita. The USA is one of the worst modern countries in terms of efficiency.

that's a rather bad measurement since smaller countries send more athletes per capita, and I'm not just talking about the olympics. even finland is good at hockey at least, france is just shit at everything. britain's got chris froome, we've got michael phelps, you've got sven kramer, but can you name a single french athlete?

Thats a really stupid way of looking at it because medals don't scale with population. Sure we have more people to draw from for athletes but we could win gold in 90% of events but you guys snag even a couple medals and our per capita is still lower

The fact that you can't mention a single french athlete is ridiculous. Remember Douillet? Not to mention the 100+ excellent football players.

Christopher Lemaitre is like the fastest white dude ever.

Thats not true tho, the US delegation is huge and very broad. If you look at the different compititions as different populations the medal scoring to qualified athletes ratio is lower for the US than France.

But i understand why you dont know french athletes. We dont give a shit about ametican football, baseball and basketball guys too.

Never heard of Douillet and I've never watched soccer so I can't comment there but every other country has some legends or is good at something. Just compare them to New Zealand, a country with like 1/15th their population, sick at rugby, cricket, track cycling. Even tiny countries like Latvia and Slovakia are more noteworthy than France.

I don't know if it even applies to the winter Olympics and if it did certainly to a lesser extent but there are sports in the summer ones where legit medal contenders don't even make the team because of representation limits. Per capita is just as disingenuous as us beating a country of 5 million people and going "see were better".

tbf France is very good at basketball.

BASED

BTFO

I think douillet has won about 12 medals in judo so you should know him.

Kinda true, but we hit the representation limit on certain competitions as well.

In general my man

Same thing happens with China, the world #1 table tennis player didn't even attend London 2012 because there's like a 4 player per team cap so teams other than China could win some medals. But has this ever happened with France? Are they good at any event at all?

Ah, never watched Judo

wtf USA belongs to England now

2/3rds of the population never sees snow or it's a meme when they do

>Only ever watched Handegg and basebore in his life
>hurr why are yuropeans so shit at spurts?

This is the truth. I would really like to see the USA abandon their "homegrown" sports and start competing more internationally. They really have potential.

I never said that. Italians and Spanish had great cyclists, Finland and Sweden have great hockey players, Germany's got Ovtcharov and Timo Boll, Ireland's got that mma dude and hurling and rugby and shit, Norway and Switzerland are great at skiing, Scotland/Whales/England are great at Rugby, England's great at Cricket, Netherland's have great skaters, even Belgium had Merckx. France is completely the odd one out for having literally nothing.

I guess I'll add Poland as shit as well, what are they good at?

Because "l'important c'est de participer", not even kidding, we're not taught to win but just to do our best.
That said you're just an ignorant if you can't name a single French athlete, which is not surprising from an amerimutt.

reminder that america is shit in all of the most relevant sports on earth:

Footie
Rugby
Cricket
F1
Handball
War

I was wrong sorry he only got three

The countries you mention have athletes you know of. If you were to live closer to france you would know of more french athletes.

Objectively you know your assumption that france is bad is false, because you could just google it and find its not true.

I know a lot of belgian athletes do you know even one? Its really your assumption that is false

>NOT KNOWING PERRINE LAFFONT
YOU PLEB ASS MOTHERFUCKER KILL YOURSELF MUTT SON OF A THOUSAND WHORE

>I know a lot of belgian athletes do you know even one?
I even listed one, Merckx. France is the only country that I can't remember an athlete from. Even if I would know an athlete from France if I lived there, I can name athletes from all over the world. Germany, Venezuela, England, Netherlands, Finland, Slovakia, Japan, Korea, Singapore, China, Russia, Norway, Spain, Belgium, Philippines, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Sweden, Canada, but not France, which is why I'm confused what they even play.

france handball team is the best team in history of collective sports tho, hinault > mercks, if you know jack shit about sports stick to handegg which is not one.

Lol as if you did much better, Patrice. Just give Azerbaijan, the Bahamas and Jamaica all the medals imo

>50 minutes later
>literally wins a gold
dumb motherfucker

>Douillet
What about Teddy Riner? 2 olympic gold, 10 world chamionship, undefeated since 2010.

Good at

Football
Basket ball (which is a burger sport)
Handball (which is a european sport)
Volley Ball
Rugby (even if not so much right now)

Basically all the collective sports except Hockey

Skiing (alpine and biathlon)
Judo
Tennis
Fencing

Decent at

Track
Swimming
Rowing

I think we are decent

Poland likes a lot of sports Americans scoff at like ski jumping and motorcycle tacing. I doubt you can name one person in either(I cant) so even if they have the 25 GOATs in both disciplines you can't name any.

So it basically just comes down to soccer with them. I don't pay attention to soccer enough to know.

Robert Kubica

But why dont you just google it? You can find huge lists of succesful french olympians.

France are like tottenham when it comes to sports they bottle it when it matters the most.

>sideways France chiming in

My name is Hans.

Of course I can find a list of athletes if I look it up, that's not the point. You can do that for Zimbabwe too, but do you know any?

What the fuck happened to Denmark?

Rugby: 25x European champs & 3x World Cup silvers
Handball: 6x world champions, 3x European champions, 2x Olympic champions
Football: 1x World champs, 2x European Champs
Basketball: 1x World Bronze, 1x European Gold, 2x Euro Silver, 6x Euro Bronze, 2x Olympic Silver

Martin Fourcade is alone a 11x world champion
Teddy Riner is a 100+ kg judoka with 8 world championships, 5x European championships and 2x olympic golds
Florent Manadou has 19 gold medals in swimming
Renaud Lavillenie 11 golds in Pole Vault
Tony Yoka, super-heavy weight boxer, 1 Olympic gold, 1 Youth Olympics gold & 1 World Amateur Gold

And the list would go on and on... admit tho that they'd win more if they'd smoke less

dont you know tony parker stupid mutt ?

Zidane is the only GOAT born in Europe

what a choke

Yes after having done some research. Thats what you do before you make a new thread

Sorry sweetie you don't actually exist

No I don't

>all countries are good at sports because you can look up a list of their athletes that nobody has ever heard of
come on bro

>it's an American shows his ignorance of every county but his own threadisode

so your just plain stupid, shame on you being a retard and not killing yourself

The northern US is much colder than Western Europe though. It's not all about latitude, New England is further south than England but it sees a lot more snow.

search says he's an apehoop player, you couldn't pay me to watch that garbage. do you know michael phelps?

Why dont you get it?

>that nobody has ever heard of
This statement only applies to you, and maybe some other Americans. The 'nobody' is actually a lot of people more close to france.

>all countries are good because
You have to define what makes a country good. Medals per capita? Medals per entries? Absolute medals? Thats how you make an assasment. And yes you do this based on numbers, not of the amouny of guys you happen to know.

yes i know him, even tho hes competiting in a sport nobody care about unless when its the olympics, but im not that retarded like you.

Do you even watch sport?

oh hey a plebbitor snuck in

>i dont know tony parker, the 4 times nba okayoffs winner and i post under a mutt flag
keep being a retard or pretend to be one i dobt know whats your point but you just looj pathetic af

>confirming yourself as proxy cuck

no sport tradition
for example, it seems that all american high schoolers care about is sports, in France no one cares about that

Yeah I understand that it wasnt meant to be autistically followed just a general point that large swaths of the country are kneecapped from being relevant in anything involving winter.

again I'm not talking about the olympics, just sports in general. There's probably worse countries out there but there's definitely none as big as france. Every other high population country is famous for something and has household names and stuff.

im gonna have to say you're the retard for watching niggers run around for 2 hours flopping around. apehoop is not a sport.

yes, I consider myself to watch a lot of sports actually, just not shitty ones like apehoop.

Spreek wel verdomd goed nederlands voor een proxy of niet

Why? That's pathetic. Sort your country out

also here most people don't care about winning, they just want to participate
which is the spirit of the Olympic Games but stupid at a very high level
Our commentators will always find excuses when a french athlete fails at something

It's just that you're not interested. In the last decade, France has been top 3 in basketball, won several international titles in volleyball, is more or less permachampion in handball, right now the divegrass team is top 3 or top 4 in the world. Not many countries have that many teams in different sports amongst the best in the world. Even in rugby they're still in higher-tier despite being at an historical low. Plus there are shitloads of top players/world champions in many individual sports like judo, swimming (though this generation is coming to an end and nobody really replaced them), track cycling, fencing, downhill skying...

>he doesn't remember the ultimate deathwalker yohann diniz

>if i know tony parker it means i watch the sport
your trully a retard, but you, as a mutt, not knowing basketball players playing in nba is pitfull as fuck.

>I consider myself to watch a lot of sports
But no judo, no basket, no swimming, no rugby, no track and fields, no handball, no volleyball, no WRC, etc etc... What the fuck do you watch?

>Is there any other country with so many people that's this shit?

India and Indonesia?

Waarom zit je voor die lui the shillen.

The irony here is that Parker is a mutt himself.

how on earth would I know nba players when nobody here watches it? sports in usa are pretty regional, I haven't seen basketball in like 10 years and it's objectively shit. locally people only care about baseball and hockey, but I watch a lot of other sports like table tennis, badminton, cycling, some cricket and stuff too.

I guess yeah, but at least people know india for cricket and field hockey.

>muuuuuh i pretend to be retard meme to leech some (You)
why are mutts so damn pathetic ?

please leave our one true greatest ally alone, QuaT'rell

Haat amerikanen meer dan fransen. Amerikanen zijn normaal lekker in hun eigen draden op sp, tot zon groot evenement als nu en dan maken ze 100 draden met domme vragen.

>watching cycling
>not knowing hinault
stop there mutt we got it your either dumb or pretend to be retard for whatever reasons, good for you, but exposing your retardation here will not help you feeling better about your patheric life you know.

Wat bazel je een eind weg. Je moet terug.

I wasn't watching it 40 years ago

>Rudy Gobert
>Tony Parker
>Lemaitre
>Zidane
>Henry
>thata guy who shate himself

But to be hones looking at French Olympic Medal table there are plenty obscure sports that people rarely give a shit about. Like Fencing and Equestrian.
Not so different from amerilards stat padding with Swimming/female sports tho.

And, in fact, he's not even French: his father is Murrikan, his mother is Dutch, and he's born in Belgium.

Don't be so sensitive, my dear

>Fvd stemmer
Guur

Well, to be desu, fencing is >our largest medals provider in the Olympics, but it's changing as all the maƮtres d'armes have been bought by the Chinese.

you cited mercks fucking mutt

what the fuck are you on about? France is an elite football side.
WC contenders for this year.
are you being retarded on purpose?

never heard about him either

because he was the greatest of all time, I've also seen belgians competing in cyclocross shit and doing good there but never french

yes, we still have to define what hus purpose is

never really watched it before, have they ever won anything?

t. beaner

> I don't know what everybody else on Earth knows
> So it doesn't exist

This is the most American post I've ever seen

hinault > mercks stupid mutt
how could you know metcks and not hinault lmao

Je Nederlands is best wel belabbert trouwens, iig voor iemand die beweert dat hij er goed in is.

*handballs you out of the world cup*
heh nothing personal kid

Belabberd*

Goed werk, user!

4 international finals last 10 ones, 2 won, literally one of the best

merckx was objectively the most winning rider of all time

no its hinault

they won the WC in 98 and got to the final in 2006 and barely lost to shitaly in a penalty shootout.

Ik kan daar ook wel wat van

Frankrijk
Zo'n
Amerikanen

are you pretending to be retarded? merckx won 11 grand tours

But Amerimutt, France is very well known for being GOATs in Handball and Basketball.

>Spelling > Interpunctie & hoofdletters

hinault won everything possible in cycling not mercks