Why do 90% of atheists use literal interpretations of the bible as "proof" of its falsehood...

why do 90% of atheists use literal interpretations of the bible as "proof" of its falsehood, when its obviously supposed to be taken figuratively and metaphorically?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_cnz_YqfTLM
docs.google.com/file/d/0B19xvjWcVKp5NGYwYThlNTYtZTQ4Ni00YmQ3LWJlNzUtN2UwOGViOGI0YjNi/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because 90% of Christians take genesis as a literal interpretation.

This. To be fair a lot of internet atheists are autistic so nuance isn't something they grasp.

Most atheists don't. A better question is; why do most Christians interpret the Bible so that it fits perfectly with their culture?

>why do 90% of atheists use literal interpretations of the bible as "proof" of its falsehood

Because it shuts the Christfags up.

Christ-fags>fedora fags

Citation needed

>t. agnostic

Evidence and rationality based outlook on life.

Irrationality leads to Islam, it is why the largest group converting to Islam in America today are White Baptist.

>Evidence and rationality based outlook on life.
M'uhammed

>when its obviously supposed to be taken figuratively and metaphorically?
Where does it say it's supposed to be taken figuratively and metaphorically? Citation needed

Ahh yes, the good old strawman. There is authority, the government and society. If anything, it actually makes atheists more moral because the consequences of illegal behavior is acute and instant. (most) People have evolved with the ability to feel empathy and not screw people over for there own personal gain.

But if I were a christfag, I could just ask god for forgiveness and all would be amended. Who cares if I do something horrible in this life? It will all be forgotten after I die, if I pray to Jesus every night.

Most atheists believe that this is the only life you have so that's a pretty good incentive to live it the best you can.

>Christ-fags>fedora fags

Christfags always fall for lies

Number of atheists who actually wear fedoras? Statistically non-existent. Just another lie the puddinheads fell for.

Where does it say it's supposed to be taken literally.
Checkmate Atheists.

Because it did happen the bible isn't a story book, it's a history book

>But if I were a christfag, I could just ask god for forgiveness and all would be amended. Who cares if I do something horrible in this life? It will all be forgotten after I die, if I pray to Jesus every night.
This is really only true of Catholicism and even then you have to make the intention and try not do it again. Other sects of Christianity and other religions are much more strict.

>taking fedora-fags literally
You must be an autiste.

I'm not an athiest. The Bible is the perfect, infallible word of God, Jesus took the old testament literally and so should we

>supposed to be taken figuratively
well that's just like, your opinion, man. there are plenty of people who take their faith literally.

This, if you deny the Old Testament you deny what God did.

Chicken or the egg.

With Islam we know its how you say though, its literal word of god and basically one man wrote rules he liked, end of story.

If the entire book is metaphorical then you're admitting it's literally a book of fairytales so why would you follow a religion as such? You can't pick and choose what parts of the bible are literal and which aren't, it's not fucking Chipotle. Accept it or deny it as a whole; anything in between is hypocritical.

Here's the thing that can be said in regards to religion: You're pretty much an atheist already, we just took it one god further.

This, atheists are trying to get us to question God's word

This is the one you're looking for

>fedora makes a catholic thread
>fedoras and christians and other christians fight

10/10 bait

>Because it did happen the bible isn't a story book, it's a history book
It's a fantasy book. Did the dead *really* rise from their graves and walk the streets?

If you said yes, congratulations, you're retarded!

Did a monkey really give birth to a human? If you believe this then you're retarded

>An ancient Roman myth is wrong from the first few sentences
>people still base their lives around it 2000 years later because their parent's generation did and they literally can't live without imagining that the universe is a conscious father figure who cares about them

>this is what atheists actually believe

Well it's a good thing no one does then

>list of heathen false idols followed by the one true God
Pagans are just as bad as fedoras

>It's a fantasy book. Did the dead *really* rise from their graves and walk the streets?
What the fuck are you talking about?

If this is your understanding of evolution, you're retarded.

What are you talking about?

The bible is wrong from the first few sentences. It says that oceans, the atmosphere and wind existed before the sun and land, land rose out of the water and the sun appeared.

It's so obviously ancient people making up bullshit to explain reality. It's perfectly natural, but we know enough now to know that the myth is bullshit.

> non fiction
Kind of implies that it's literal.

youtu.be/_cnz_YqfTLM

>What the fuck are you talking about?
The Bible clearly states the dead rose from their graves and walked the streets. Are you seriously claiming that's "history" and not fantasy?

If you're not ready to defend the lies, you need to step aside.

And atheism says that inanimate objects can move and organize themselves.

>THIS IS WHAT CHRISTKEKS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Doesn't he have aids or something?

>The Bible clearly states the dead rose from their graves and walked the streets.
Chapter and verses, please

>water doesn't freeze

WTF...The fact this is your only life simply means that you should live with complete self interest as your #1 priority as oppose to your insinuation that to an atheist "to live the best you can" would mean helping others when there is absolutely no benefit from it to him.

No it doesn't, that's your strawman. Try again.

>Water freezes itself.
Keep trying, imbecile.

What caused the Bigbang then?

That all depends on your conception of god. We know that the bible was written by several authors and they took many stories from near by cultures and modified them.
They used the bible as a tool to present moral ethincal and social conundrems to its readers.
But why does this mean the book has no relevance to a god? The fact the book and writings were used that way does not mean the book itself is not connected to a god or a conception of god in some way.

You're going to need to stay on one topic without jumping ship every comment. It outs you as obviously wrong when you don't respond to being proven wrong and keep moving the goalposts.

>implying history has no importance.
The fact is that christianity and islam and judaims are still here.
The fact there are and were other conceptions of god or gods do not mean that the ones we have now are not correct, on the contrary, their historical relevance points to the contrary.

What's a matter? Why can't you answer the question?
Intimidated?

>says the guy who literally cannot go one post without changing subject

This is sad.

If you truly believe that you have never talked to a Christian

Well my definition of living the best I can is to help people in my community and be a successful individual. I don't need a made up deity to help me with that

Cute picture. I can't be bother to make one as a counterpoint so I'll greentext it instead.

>Monotheism: The belief that if there was not a desert demon that will punish them in the afterlife, they would act on their inner impulses to rape, murder, rob, torture, molest, racketeer, embezzle, lie, cheat, etc...

>This is the only thing keeping these weak sociopaths from doing shitty things.

I'm on topic.
>I stated the fact that atheist believe inanimate objects, i.e. unintelligent matter, can move themselves

>You deny fact

>I re-query, asking what caused the Bigbang, since the Bigband was the dispersal and reorganization of a super-condensed collection of matter

You literally have no answer.

Atheist BTFO

>not taking Genesis literally
>"""christian"""

because they are globalist mind controlled plebs
you are too if you follow a cucked version of christianity

whip the moneylenders

>And atheism says that inanimate objects can move and organize themselves.
No, that just a retarded meme slapped together by someone with a single digit IQ.

Anyone with any critical thinking skills knows that a lack of belief in any gods does not necessarily mean a forced acceptance of some unrelated idea or concept.

What are you guys, 12?

>I explain how the bible is wrong from the first few sentences
>you vaguely describe something that sounds like a christcucks understanding of evolution
>you misinterpret the big bang

>I re-query, asking what caused the Bigbang, since the Bigband was the dispersal and reorganization of a super-condensed collection of matter

Gravity you fucking retard lmao. Holy shit what's it like to fail since middle school?

So you deny the Bigbang? Interesting.

He stayed on topic you inbred. You refuted his point and he asked you where he went wrong that made you disagree and you're acting like he's changing the subject. Are you retarded?

A lack of belief in God or belief in Gods is a symptom of someone with a single digit IQ.

So did gravity exist before the Bigbang?

>cucked version of christianity
>tfw the current corruption of christianity puts the gnostics to shame

>Chapter and verses, please
Matthew 27:52

Why is it that atheists are always having to school ignorant religidiots what they believe?

>The Bible
>Sits in the NON-FICTION shelves of every bookstore.
>Supposed to be taken figuratively and metaphorically.

The Big Bang was Gods voice when he said "let there be light"

>gravity
What created the force of gravity big boy scientist? :^) If you say gravity always existed then that's as stupid as saying God always existed, therefore you might as well be a theist friend.

nobody who reads the bible could take it seriously desu

Well than your definition does not make sense in light of your theological ideology.
Atheism means that if nobody is looking it would make sense to abuse another to gain something.

Yes, as that was what was holding the matter in place. You have been proven wrong, you were not even aware of the existence of gravity.

>It's a shitposting canadian who strawmans every single post

Dropped.

I thought kikes were supposed to be smart?

We dont know.
But we can admit that, unlike religious bluepilled fools who apparently know everything by using circular logic.

And as we have before we ll prove you wrong by using science and then religion will have to move their gods behind another unknown again and the cycle will repeat as it has with bushes, animals, trees, mountains, the sky and the universe.

Does that mean we should abolish religion? No. The sheep need it to function. Thinking too much, for themselves is too hard. It gives them all the answers in a simple one liner that they can memorize and chant.

So you're saying a pre-existing Newtonian order so-to-speak predated the existence of the universe?

>A lack of belief in God or belief in Gods is a symptom of someone with a single digit IQ.
The empirical data proves it's the other way around
docs.google.com/file/d/0B19xvjWcVKp5NGYwYThlNTYtZTQ4Ni00YmQ3LWJlNzUtN2UwOGViOGI0YjNi/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Hahahahahahahahahha you can't refute my point. You're literally getting beat by a shitposting leaf.

HAHAHAHAHa

mildly interesting that the most atheist group is slightly below average iq. I wonder what caused it

Well I see the advantage of not screwing people over for my own personal gain, and actually working together toward a goal. That's how society started and this is innate to most people.

>So you deny the Bigbang? Interesting.
Why do you deny the Big Bang theory?

You're a fool. Believing in the Bigbang is not compatible with atheism, unless you believe all that super-condensed unintelligent matter exploded and reorganized itself.

All matter always existed it was condensed into that one point and then expanded. You really aren't qualified to have this conversation.

Yeah because Muslims are retarded and believe in "god"

Maybe 90% of Protestants I would agree. Absolutely NOT 90% of general Christianity.

>Matthew 27:52
Resurrection is not the "dead rising from their graves" like some kind of zombie movie, they have been brought back to life. The dead do not walk

Hahaha.
Atheists BTFO twice.

If you can't tell me how the force of gravity was created then why do you believe in the big bang theory? Aren't you supposed to be relying just on facts and not feelings and intuition?

Those are probably hipsters who became atheist to be cool. They are probably Atheist feminist now

I'm not the one dodging the question.

I'll re-query. Are you're saying a pre-existing Newtonian order so-to-speak predated the existence of the universe?

I was thinking the same thing. I'd bet my last dollar that in an explicitly religious society that same group would be 85% religious instead

>Believing in the Bigbang is not compatible with atheism, unless you believe all that super-condensed unintelligent matter exploded and reorganized itself.
Why would you believe that?

You wont be mor eright by ignoraing what i have written.
If all we have is this life then when treating another badly will benefit you more than treating him well there is no rason for you to treat him well. A religious person knows that god is watching and sees all and thus he must act well in any situation even when acting badly will not cause any negative human consequences.

Great argument.

It is a possibility, there is no way to know for sure at this point. None of what you're saying changes the fact that the bible is wrong from the first few pages. You have been deflecting since then and now we're here.

He purposely misrepresented my arguments and is an obvious troll, feel free to contribute something of importance.

I will only act as long as it benefits my own, raping and other violent crimes doed not benefit me because it would make me feel bad.

There is no such thing as good, justice or morality, it's a lie to escape the truth that we live in an absurd universe