Middle East Religions have caused death and destruction for thousands of years

Reject them all.

Other urls found in this thread:

homepages.wmich.edu/~mcgrew/schoenberg.htm
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/20/has-von-spakovsky-prosecuting-climate-change-denie/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Middle East Religions
>thousands of years
Judaism and christianity?

And without them we'd still be living in yurop.

Kek is the one true god

Egyptian and Islam, too.

>Science admits when it is wrong.
lol

>SCIENCE
understands what it can and can't answer and doesn't make statements outside of this realm
>"SCIENCE!!!"
is something people wearing fedoras think somehow contradicts or is even in the same category as Religion

Egyptian religions are dead ad Islam was pretty chill up to the 13th century

>science admits when it's wrong
Not for several decades OP.

When Einstein suggested General Relativity, he worked to prove his own theory wrong. He provided means for other scientists to disprove it also.

Today, """""""scientists"""""""" simply rest on assertions and even fudge the data to appear correct. They are more dogmatic than religion.

>"SCIENCE!!!" is something people wearing fedoras think somehow contradicts or is even in the same category as Religion

You misunderstand. Astronomers don't waste their time trying to become more like astrologers.

It is the religious who desperately and incessantly strive to prove they are as legitimate as science.

You mistunderstand. Science doesn't contradict Religion at all. They hardly even intersect. I don't think I've witnessed the Religious putting forth God in articles about nuclear fission

Science is as shit as religion now.If stuff it dosent fits the narrativ it dosent exist. Totaly jewed.

>Today scientists even fudge the data to appear correct.

Perhaps some do, but science has peer review which is way of weeding out the bad science and the bad scientists. If religion had anything near equivalent, the Catholic priests wouldn't have been able get away with ass-raping little boys for 5 decades.

>They are more dogmatic than religion.
I guess the worst thing you can ever say about anything is that it is just as bad a s religion, but in this case no. There is no "dogma" in science, where religion is based primarily on dogma.

>I don't think I've witnessed the Religious putting forth God in articles about nuclear fission

What about contraception?

another fedora thread.

>21st century "science"

Top fucking kek.

What about it?

>another fedora thread.

First, no real atheists actually wear fedoras. Maybe a few outliers, but statistically zero.

Second, if I really wanted to trigger, I would have put "atheist" in the subject line.

Can we have a discussion about the death and destruction?

Are you carrying that edge carefully? it may hurt you...

The only religion that still kills is Islam.

Atheism has killed millions of people in the last century. Ever since the French Revolution fedoras have been killing far more.

>>death and destruction
Why are atheists scared to talk about muslims in public?
>>Only a few famous one's do
A religion that is blatantly more violent and proud of death and destruction.

>there is no dogma in science

The scientific method is itself a dogma, as is empiricism.

>The only religion that still kills is Islam.
Unless it's the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka. Or the Catholics killing protestants in Ireland. Or the Serbian Christians killing Muslims in Bosnia. Or the Orthodox Jewish guy stabbing gays in Jerusalem. etc. etc.

>The scientific method is itself a dogma, as is empiricism.
Well, sure, that's what all the easily-fooled simpletons claim, but anyone with the ability to think rationally knows better.

>Muslims invade via turkey
>people defend themselves
>HURR-DURR TOTALLY CHRISTFAGS MURDERING PEOPLE

>Catholics vs prots in Ireland.
this meme needs to end immediately

>he literally doesn't know what dogma means

So far this thread has proved you don't know what a dogma is and you don't know what science is. Time to pack up and leave boys

>Ever since the French Revolution fedoras have been killing far more.
Non-believers kill in the name of their non-belief to please gods that don't exist?

You've hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?

>What about contraception?

The religious fuckwits say contraception and abortion are sins, but nowhere does it say that in the Quran, Bible or Talmud. Are they just pulling that out of their asses?

>>Serbian Christians killing Muslims in Bosnia.
of course athiests would have pussed out and Serbia would be a muslim country.
How much freedom of speech would atheists have then.
.o wait you would probably be put in prison or killed for apostasy.

>So far this thread has proved you don't know what a dogma is and you don't know what science is.
What we find time and again is that it is the inability of religious idiots to adequately grasp science, which explains why they make relentless wrong claims about it.
>Time to pack up and leave boys
Yes, please send the children on their way.

Sola scriptura is heresy in Christianity. The bible is not the only authority on the Christian faith, if you're looking for an actual answer. If you're just looking for an outlet to scream about christfags then continue.

Not a person of religion, but I would like to point out your argument is a logical fallacy. Science created the nuclear bomb. Science kills daily and there are no apologies.

Get off pol varg

>What we find time and again is that it is the inability of religious idiots to adequately grasp science, which explains why they make relentless wrong claims about it.
not an argument. What we find time and time again is that atheists have no idea what science is and don't understand that Religion does not cross into it's realm or contradict it. Hence the majority of scientists in history being Religious

And in less than 100 years from Nuclear weapons to germ warfare science has done what religion never could, kill the entire planets population in one day.

You've committed a false equivocation. Technology kills daily, and it is true that people kill through means outside of their bare hands. Science is not technology.

An example of science killing would be, say, violent repression of climate change deniers. If such a thing were to happen.

>Science created the nuclear bomb. Science kills daily and there are no apologies.

If guns don't kill people, then neither do nuclear bombs.

Christianity related killings are often at the direct order of a religious figure or God. "Scientific killings" if such a thing exists, is done with the fruits of science. If we're talking about ends, why not talk about the lives science has saved. I'm sure it would beat religion in that department

" climate change deniers" - Found the Liberal

>An example of science killing would be, say, violent repression of climate change deniers.

The lowest IQs like the deniers tend to be culled naturally.

Looks like the "scientists" are have trouble admitting which religion doing all said killing.

Abrahmism kills

You mean Paganism, they were the ones doing human sacrifices after all.

You dare denounce kek? may you never receive dubs again.

>What we find time and time again is that atheists have no idea what science is and don't understand that Religion does not cross into it's realm or contradict it.

You have that backwards. Science doesn't try to be more like religion. Religion desperately tries to paint itself as valid like science. Non-belief is a rejection of religion. So why do religidiots care so much about them?

On the other hand, you have the religious nutjobs who can't say two words about science without being wrong 3 times. Shrill ignorance like that needs to be disparaged in the public square.

>Hence the majority of scientists in history being Religious
Religious tyrants used to put innocent people to death for NOT believing in gods.

Nope, Abrahamism
All 3 religions work for the Jew and falling for either is accepting your role as cattle

Only Semitic religions kill for the honour of serving G*d's chosen people

250,000 victims of cruel human experiments in the name of science

Meanhile, the inquisition only killed 3,000 people in the span of four centuries

None of that is an argument for the fact they don't intersect. You have no argument against this. Religion and science do not contradict and do they do not cross realms/

>Religious tyrants used to put innocent people to death for NOT believing in gods.
So you're claiming you know the belief's of dead men? A dead man writes down that he is religious, and you're claiming he wasn't actually and he was just saying that? That's not very scientific at all Mr.Atheist. Once again proving you have no idea what science actually is

>"science" admitting when its wrong
>hey kids mutilate your genitals and take hormones that arent meant to be in your body lol ignore the suicide rates please
>the absolute asshurt when it was proposed the earth was flat

Islam was not chill in up until that year. It was fought by the sword and it had raped and pillaged its way across the middle east.

How? Religion has tried to halt scientific progress for years. Copernicus, Galileo, and others. If anything the Middle East religions have been holding us back. Fuck you in believing in zombie jew and a flooded Earth.

>the vatican halted scientific progress by saving an untold well of information from muslim book burnings

>Religion and science do not contradict and do they do not cross realms/

Somebody in this thread is claiming that if you don't believe in god, then you must "believe" in the Big Bang. Now I know he's not very bright and obviously can recognize a false dilemma fallacy, but he's the one rationalizing his beliefs.

Why do religidiots try so hard to make their religions appear rational and logical? They're not. They are outside science and reason. Beliefs are irrational and illogical.

Why put out all the wasted effort?

>Religion has tried to halt scientific progress for years. Copernicus

Copernicus was likely a priest, and his work on heliocentrism was well received by the Catholic Church. Just take a look at Rome's official response:

Galileo got in trouble because of rumors his character Simplicio was the Pope.

Science doesn't support transgenderism.
Science is what tells us it's a mental illness.

Science doesn't complain if someone spouts "THE EARTH IS FLAT"!
They'll just call you fucking retarded because it makes no sense.

>reminder the big bang theory was created by a bishop

Becuase the belief in God isn't irreational or contradictory to any science. Believing in God is saying "This is all hear because God did it" and science just observes. Science says "hey, we noticed gravity, here's how it works, here's what it does, here's proof, here's the numbers, and here's how it can work for us" it NEVER says "here is WHY there is gravity". That's outside the realm of science. Science observes, quantifies, and explains, it doesn't say why. You can map out the entire universe and every force acting upon it and it won't say WHY there is a universe or whether or not someone made it. Religion doesn't contradict science any more than existential philosophy does, it's just unrelated. Are philosophers irrational just because their field is outside empiricism?

>Religion has tried to halt scientific progress for years
please see this chart
If Religion is responsible for preserving the knowledge or Rome, making West Europe literate when before they were illiterate, and created all the institutes of learning where science started being expanded on after, how can it be said to hold it back?

Once again, most scientists in history were Religious.

I'm saying that scientists are autistic niggers who are never 100% objective, and like any theological monk or priest don't like being proven wrong

The absolute anal wreckage when it was asserted and proven the earth was round carried forward for nearly a hundred years people tried to claim the earth was some shape other then round.

Science is a methodology to prove and collect factual information about the world around us.
To say that science can replace moral and societal doctrine is how we end up with modern pop science, a cult of retards who worship bill nye the science guy.

Religion is for the plebs, and should never be removed.
If you honestly think the church erased valueble information and halted advancement you're a retard, progress never stopped, the dark ages was the result of numerous bad events at the same time, mainly disease, the fall of the roman empire, and mud shits burning down thousands of priceless tomes setting us back a thousand years.

Judaism, Christianity, and Islam is cancer.

However Atheism is also cancer.

Modern science was literally invented by the catholic church.

but dude Galileo wuz oppressed n sheet

>Becuase the belief in God isn't irreational or contradictory to any science.
Belief in god is irrational. And belief in miracles directly contradicts science. Let me guess, you're a religidiot.

>it NEVER says "here is WHY there is gravity".
Right, that would be just like watching cringe Insane Clown Posse asking how magnets work.

>Are philosophers irrational just because their field is outside empiricism?
No, because human behavior is also observable, measurable, testable, predictable,etc.

However, science has much better explanations how things work than just "the sky man did it".

Scientists never admit they are wrong, they just switch to the side that is most "correct" at any given moment and pretend it's what they've always known

Copernicus's findings were well received. As were galileo's, who WORKED FOR THE GOD DAMN CATHOLIC CHURCH. What got him in trouble was not what he studied, but for saying he would not teach heliocentricism as objective fact until he had more evidence, then turning around and doing it anyway. Also for calling the pope a dumb asshole in the paper he published on it in spite of the fact that he personally presented his findings to the pope who was pleased and interested in them. Even then he was just put on house arrest.

>Belief in god is irrational
no it's not. Saying it's irrational doesn't make it so. Once again, science cannot answer WHY so it does not try, meaning those who do try to answer why, such as religion, are not treading in the realm of science, and science does not contradict any statement they make.

>No, because human behavior is also observable
>implying philosophy is only about human behaviour
so you're calling existential philosophy irrational and contradictory to science?

>However, science has much better explanations how things work than just "the sky man did it".
And religion doesn't explain how things work. Once again, they aren't mutually exclusive. When a religious person wants to explain how something works, they use science, because that's what science is. Religion is WHY things ARE which is outside the realm of science.

When you want to know "how" you look to science. When you wonder 'why" you look to religion. They do not contradict and one is not exclusive over the other.

>postly reminder that the vast majority of scientists in history have been religious since you seem to think you have to pick one or the other

>Modern science was literally invented by the catholic church.

That's delusional. The ancient Egyptians knew more about the stars and planets. Stonehenge predates the Church by a few thousand years. the Greek antikythera was built before the church existed.

The Catholic Church also squelched any science that looked like it cast doubt on the Bible. Look at how Copernicus and Galileo were mistreated, for example.

>Look at how Copernicus and Galileo were mistreated, for example.

you mean the only examples

>science creates bio weapons, nukes, napalm to to kill you to prove that it's right

This is how the Church "mistreated" Copernicus:

Even Galileo got to live in the mansion of an archduke. 99,9% of the population at the time would've seen it as a reward.

>Saying it's irrational doesn't make it so.
Belief is the definition of irrational, even if you say it isn't so.

The egyptians had excellent star mapping but they didn't know fuck about what the stars or planets actually were. Stonehenge is architecture, not science, and facing the sun rise on the equinox or whatever is not a particularly impressive feat.

The antikythera, while extremely impressive for its time, did not have any significant effect on the progression of modern science.

Copernicus was never mistreated by the church, in fact church scholars were greatly enthralled by his findings. The same applied to Galileo, who ultimately faced minor punishment for breaking an oath he made in court and generally being a pigheaded faggot.

Nice try leaf

Then congratulations on being irrational for believing there's no God. Also congratulations on ignoring every single point because you were defeated on them

>implying philosophy is only about human behaviour, so you're calling existential philosophy irrational and contradictory to science?
No, but I think this pretty much proves you don't know anything about the critical and reflective nature of philosophy.

Egyptian was a great Ayran Religion.

Fuck off.

Praise Kek.

(Semetic Religions are the Problem, ie: Judaism, Islam, and Christian Theology (while noting that Christianity was essentially Paganized until the Reformation...which is why it wasn't Jewish Tier Shit)

Science gave them weapons… whose really to blame when a three year old receives a gun?
>the child
>the gun
>the dumbass who gave them the gun

Maybe we should kill the scientists and go back to c10,000bc times.

You should actually learn what the fuck religion is btw.

You are basically a secular Calvinist, you retarded ass 100%pure reason, walking modernist.

Look up Evola, Nietzsche, Spengler, and just try to fucking learn something.

It's communism, not athiesm

What a fucking strawman lol.

They are the same fucking thing.

>Then congratulations on being irrational for believing there's no God.
See? Even this simple statement you couldn't get right because your cognitive ability is so badly impaired.

I have no belief in any gods. That's rational.

You believe in gods. That's irrational.

You've never successfully carried a single point because you lack the critical thinking skills to understand flaws in the points you're failing to make, and sadly you're not even bright enough to be embarrassed by it.

Epic fail.

>shitty meme has crucifix and not crescent moon since only Muslim scum kill for religion now

Yep, created by liberal faggots for other liberal faggots, OP is confirmed retard.

not an argument against anything I said. Keep going, I enjoy when you deflect my arguments because you know they're right.

I'm going to make my point again though in case you've lost track of it.

Science does not contradict Religion. Religious people can and do believe in science and scientific people can and do believe in religion. One is "how" and the other is "why." They do not contradict and which one has the answer depends entirely what the quest ion is

Try and argue this point.

>whose really to blame when a three year old receives a gun
From whom did the 3-year old receive the gun? I'd start with that guy.

>Epic fail.

upvoted friend

Communism is officially atheist
Not all atheist are communist
Some communist party members may have had some religious belief.

I believe in God. That's rational

You don't believe in God. That's irrational.

This is how good you are at arguing. "I'm right because I say I'm right" with no actual substance.

Copy and pasting my argument again though because you keep ignoring it

Science does not contradict Religion. Religious people can and do believe in science and scientific people can and do believe in religion. One is "how" and the other is "why." They do not contradict and which one has the answer depends entirely what the question is

>I'm going to make my point again though in case you've lost track of it.
>Science does not contradict Religion

Religion makes ridiculous claims that science routinely contradicts:

Joshua 10:13 So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

I win!

dude if we fuck our cousins we can make the master race lmao

>what is a metaphor

sola scriptura is heresy

I win!

>Communism is officially atheist
Communism is not inherently atheist, but the Orthodox Church had been complicit in keeping the Russian serfs powerless, illiterate and unskilled. So it was rejected as a potential threat by Stalin.

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/20/has-von-spakovsky-prosecuting-climate-change-denie/

hmmmm

>dude if we fuck our cousins we can make the master race lmao
I doubt your cousins would date outside their species to go slumming with you.

>Nowhere in the bible does it say murdering babies is wrong

>sola scriptura is heresy
So you believe in the Bible but you know it's fake?'

That's irrational wrapped around the axle.

>Science does not contradict religion
what the fuck?
>religion that is not immediately apparent as esoteric superstition can reliably be separated into two categories of claims;

1,Claims that cannot be tested
and 2, claims that, when tested never returned results indicative of the truth of the religious claims.
(In other words, they were debunked as not corresponding to, and we're being pretty generous here, reality as it appears to all natural observations made so far).

There is no third category of religious claims, that of tests that, when conducted with a modicum of intellectual rigor, return results indicative of divine presence.

>but you have to have faith
salesmen want your faith. Please buy.

early Homo-sapiens knew what incest was.
How did we get here?

>Nowhere in the bible does it say murdering babies is wrong

God slayed the firstborn of Egypt. He commanded the Israelites to rip open the bellies of pregnant women and dash their infants against the rocks.

That's quite a nice book of morals you got there.

>religion
>not islam
Most religions have progressed past that stage.
>cross
>not crescent moon and a star
Islam fits the picture much better.