Sergey Kovalev vs Igor Mikhalkin
Dmitry Bivol vs Sullivan Barrera

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZByXRl44jjo
youtu.be/72jr9QWRd5s
talksport.com/boxing/fight-night-podcast-talksport-february-10-180211272023
twitter.com/SauerlandBros/status/962016820583526400
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Kalle basically confirmed yesterday on TalkSport that neither HBO nor Showtime will be getting involved with the super series at any point, though he didn't totally rule out ESPN. He also said that American fighters with American promoters won't really be the focus of the WBSS because getting any of them into it is too difficult.

Right decision. It was Richard Schaefer who insisted on doing a show in America even though they didn't have a tv deal and it got low interest. The US scene is too much of a racket. Spike O'Sullivan wanted to fight Daniel Jacobs for the money being offered and Golden Boy said no because they've basically signed him to lose to either Lemeiux or Canelo. Eastern Europeans are cheaper and Eddie Hearn is willing to loan matchroom fighters and Kalle has his stable to use.

Is there a video of the interview?

pretty shitty tho. American promoters/networks who arent willing to work with each other is terrible for the sport.

>48 years ago today

they'll all be dead soon so thats a plus

american boxing has so much potential but the promoters are such cancerous rats

highly look forward to seeing errol spence fight 5 more times before he retires at the age of 39

The format is really the antithesis to the way business gets done in American boxing. Hard career shortening fights back to back, can't be sure of the opponent, no biased judges to swing it for the home fighter, promoter loses the fighter for a year, a cash cow fighter with a rep can be thrown into a hard fight before the final risking their reputation. Great for fans, not orchestrated enough for promoters.

Then on the WBSS side they need to cut back. They have probably lost money on the first series, it has high production value that puts Sky and BT to shame, full of good world level fights and they've done 2 fights in Latvia and 1 low attendance fight in the US which won't have made much on ticket sales. Lack of major sponsors. If they go for Light Heavyweight division next I could see them leaving out Kovalev (money) and Gvozdyk (promoter problem)

I think the fact they're holding the Cruiserweight final in Jeddah might make up for it somewhat, possibly laying the groundwork for some Arab investment

consider the fact that the positive impression they've made while losing money on this tourney will allow them to make much more next time around without a significant drop in production value

Your most likely right.

heem here. Want to get better with my boxing skills for MMA since most fighters can't box for shit. The boxing gym near me is run by the Charlo brothers. Are they good boxers?

Yes lol. anyone got that gif where lubin or something has seizure, right after charlo thrown one to his temple?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZByXRl44jjo

I have this

theyre good

but do they own it or train at it?
if they simply own it but don't personally train there that might not mean much

According to reviews I think they coach/train there sometimes

great post lad. spot on

worth checking out, chances are if you only have MMA-level boxing skills you'll benefit from spending time in any boxing gym. Though if you want to get significantly better quickly you have to obsess over it, practice every day, shadowbox constantly, visualise your leverage and balance on every shot, every punch you throw think what you can throw next and how to defend from the opening you create by throwing it, then drill all that shit into your muscle memory with repetition

I'm probably gonna put a hiatus on MMA and train there for 6 months. Obsession is my middle name, so I'm ready get gud.

van der vaarts 7th birthday

also watch lots of boxing
imitation is a great skill of humans and you can really learn a lot by seeing how the greats do certain things, frazier throwing a left hook for instance, if you learn to emulate his head and body movement as he loads up the shot you really feel the difference in the execution

Recommendations? Some unorthodox ones would be neat as well.

height, weight and reach
so I can tailor my recommendations to your physical capabilities

5'9
Around 170 lbs.
74 inch reach

naoya's technique is triple g esque, except he retreats more

decent stats
check out the best current welterweights and middleweights

errol spence jr
canelo
the charlos
Kieth thurman
GGG
terence crawford (hot shit and somewhat unconventional switch hitter)
shawn porter
danny garcia
kell brook
danny jacobs
billy joe saunders

these are all active and highly skilled active guys who represent a wide range of styles, though for yourself don't try and develop too specific of a particular style for your boxing too early on, i've found if you focus on your fundamentals as much as you can a particular style will tend to reveal itself in your strengths the more you train

some guys have heavy hands, some have fast hands, some have great head movement or upper body movement and some have fast feet, the more you practice the more evident this will become to yourself

good luck

Thanks bongbro!

youtu.be/72jr9QWRd5s

>74 inch reach
holy shit are you a cuban by any chance?

What is your opinion on Boxing legends TV? Is he /box/ approved?

keep in mind as an MMA guy he likely measured his reach to the tips of his fingers and not his knuckles as thats how they do it in MMA

Thats still long af

pretty similar to someone like floyd
definitely advantageous but not exactly a freak of nature

i'm a reachlet with less reach than my height :( 5'11 and 69 inches
monstrous power on the inside but I have to focus so much on footwork and movement to be able to deliver my payloads x

no, lurk more

/heem/bong here
Only ever watched MMA and know nothing about boxing. Want to try and get into it more but it seems like there's a lot of differences to get my head around.
Anything I can read or watch to understand how all the competitions and everything works?

immersing yourself is honestly the best answer

just pop in here on saturdays, read the threads and watch the fights and see whats happening, next week through til end of may we have a lot of interesting stuff going on

Oscar will go until he dies ODs in a hotel with a tranny prostitute and Arums son will run the business when his old man croaks so don't be too sure.

once arum dies fast eddie will dempsey roll on the american boxing market

What's your top 5 Evil Intentions boxers

Fireman Jim Flynn

I don't think Bob Arum really does much anymore I think his son in law does a lot as well

Boxing is literally WWE

You're thinking of mma

Depends

lmao what is this

No, I'm talking about that ameriburg thing with undertaker and the funny midget

what's he looking at?

guy should have learned you never hook with a hooker

Was expecting a shitty podcast type deal but this is pretty good

Anyone think we'll see Inoue fight the winner of Yamanaka-Nery 2? Or is he going to go after Tete or Burnett?

Light Heavyweight WBSS

Sergey Kovalev
Sullivan Barrera
Eleider Alvarez
Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Marcus Browne
Artur Beterbiev
Dmitry Bivol
Anthony Yarde

He wanted that fight IIRC but we'll have to see. What weight was his last fight at?

>Light Heavyweight WBSS
>Marcus Browne
who?
>Anthony Yarde
who?

He fought at 115 but it's clear he can't make the weight anymore, and he said he's moving up this year.

>Marcus Browne
Hot American prospect that's been blowing away his competition for awhile and is in desparate need of a step up onto the world level proper.

>Anthony Yarde
Hot British prospect that's been blowing away competition for awhile and is in desperate need of a step up onto the world level proper.

Both I think have the potential to take a world title in this already stacked division, and both for some reason are being overlooked in immediate clashes in the LHW division despite the fact that they will probably beat at least half of the top guys once they step up.

Blood is a weirdo but he knows boxing history
Fuck I hope he does the same to that cheating spic bugrat

You know this will never happen right?

He's going to get destroyed by Nery again. That stupid nip is going to regret coming out of retirement.

Post wasted talent

talksport.com/boxing/fight-night-podcast-talksport-february-10-180211272023

It's like 45 minutes into this or something. Also says that Briedis is likely to be on the final's undercard but Dorticos won't be because he won't be ready.

What exactly did he mean by this?

Marcus Browne ducks everyone with a pulse

Kalle+NisseSauerland

Verified account

@SauerlandBros
Feb 9
More
Board Meeting #WBSS today in Zurich....initial weight class decisions for Season 2 coming up shortly.....BOOM!!!!! #AliTrophy

twitter.com/SauerlandBros/status/962016820583526400

Light heavyweight is the best guess.

#ThankYouAlHaymon

joan guzman (undisciplined)
Mike Tyson (prison)
Ike Ibaebuchi (prison, madman)
Dimitri Pirog (early forced retirement)
Salvador Sanchez (killed)
Yuriorkis Gamboa (delet'd by Bud)
Meldrick Taylor (delet'd by JCC, arguably robbed)
Tyson Fury (undisciplined)
Edwin Valero (madman, killed)
Riddick Bowe (undisciplined)
James Tony (undisciplined)
Joe Calzghe (should have went to America earlier)

Any other big wasted talents?

>crawford
>hotshit
Why you think so

Ali would've been nice to see in those draft years when he was suspended.

People say Wilfred Benitez was lazy in a lot of his training due to being uninterested.

lets share some kino all acess and hbo 24/7s

mayweather vs hatton/de la hoya/ mcgregor were 10/10

Name one, just one boxer more comfy watching then Foreman.

I can't because thats a stupid memeword

>got a problem, whiteboi?

Yes but

>Sergey Kovalev
Possible, dunno if he has some multi fight deal with HBO though

>Sullivan Barrera
Possible

>Eleider Alvarez
Impossible, the PBC will never let him take part

>Oleksandr Gvozdyk
Impossible, Arum will never let him take part

>Marcus Browne
PBC

>Artur Beterbiev
Possible, some reasonable doubt he might avoid it though

>Dmitry Bivol
Would 100% take part

>Anthony Yarde
Not fought at anywhere near a high enough level yet

>whitebois can only beat up senior citizens
kek

I think these tournaments in the future will be more like the super middleweight tournament this time as opposed to the cruiserweight tournament, contenders and world class boxers mixed in rather than definitively settling the elite. Ramirez, Benavidez, DeGale, Zeuge were missing but it still had 4 or 5 good names.

4 seeded:
Bivol
Beterbiev
Barrera
Badou Jack

4 unseeded:
Frank Buglioni
Joe Smith Jr
Isaac Chilemba
Enrico Koelling

I think Kovalev isn't that farfetched as his reputation dropped alot after the Ward ordeal, taking part and winning would do him good.

joshua buatsi looks like he could take a title at LHW too

Might as well start with the semis in that case. I believe Kovalev, Beterbiev and Bivol would 100% be up for it. Would be awesome if Gvozdyk could then fill the last spot somehow

Jack advised by Haymon and Kalle basically said in that same interview yesterday that it's Haymon who's trying to block the WBSS most. Think you can rule him out.

If he isn't tied in with HBO he'd absolutely enter yeah, if he is he won't be able to

Seems as though Burnett has vacated the IBF, presumably so Eddie can get Paul Butler a shot at it. Can't see anyone in their rankings particularly worth avoiding unless they have news Inoue is going to try for it.

>it's Haymon who's trying to block the WBSS most

What is this guy's end-game? To destroy boxing? He can't even be making any profit

>Can't see anyone in their rankings particularly worth avoiding unless they have news Inoue is going to try for it.

Burnett seems shit-scared of Rodriguez. Butler will definitely lose too

Eddie said they had 2 mandatories due but he could have delayed the WBA if they really wanted to keep the IBF

>“I’d have knocked Hopkins out, he was a simple, easy fighter to figure out,” blasted Toney. “The only reason y’all consider him a great fighter is because he held and head butted his way to titles and defences of the titles.”

Well they have to have at least 4 boxers that represent the best so maybe they'll put up the money for Kovalev or just not do that division. but middleweight, super welter, welter are all impossible.

>“When you watch him, when you see all the training,” Parker said, “it’s like they are doing all this new training and it looks really hard, and it looks intense, and it looks like the type of training that will prepare you for 12 rounds. But in saying that, just maybe their team need to work on a few things. We know that our team has a good structure and a good training program that will allow us to fight for 12 rounds if we need it. But I’m not sure why he tires. That’s something he has to sort of figure out.”

heh, i wonder why Joe.

Based Hamburglar.

It's not just his muscle mass, he just has a style that takes much energy, of course hell gas faster than a deontay wilder who keeps throwing jabs and straight rights from the distance the whole fight

Then they should change his style to something more economical, if Blad wasn't a pussy he would have decked AJ when he was so tired in round 5/6. Heavyweight is a division which having a shit engine is even more dangerous then being slow or having a shitty defense.

Okay. But why he take drugs? I don't understand shit about the drugs but what I get he is stamina problems due his mass. Then what are the pros of getting more mass by that methods if all are cons

You never know, HBO might just air his fights only

Your punch are heavier, you can be dominant during clinch, you're less easy to knock out.
George Foreman for instance wouldn't have been able to push and manipulate as easily Frazier if he was 30 pounds heavier.

some drugs give you more stamina

some even give you more speed, remember the balco case

>my beautiful wife and i

jesus christ, poor lad.

Bet she looked better when she was younger. The future is grim for gfs.