DUDE FAST CARS LMAO

>DUDE FAST CARS LMAO
>DUDE HOT WOMEN LMAO
>DUDE COCAINE LMAO
>DUDE FUNNY QUIPS LMAO

seriously? These guys kidnapped and tortured a man, murdered a bunch of innocent people, pulled their teeth out with pliars, dismembered their bodies, cooked their body parts so they couldn't be identified and stuffed them in barrels before throwing them in the swamp

Why would Michael Bay take such a fucking gruesome story and give the roles to such charismatic comedy actors, and make a movie that's basically 21 Jump Street?

its a black comedy if you hadn't realised. Becomes quite clear about 20 minutes in.

The only fault of this film is its too long

Bay was trying to make a dark comedy but he's incompetent

I get that it's a black comedy, I just thought the tone was pretty bizarre and they seemed to glorify the characters a lot, and it would be easy for someone to leave the theater like "yeah that was awesome, those guys are badasses haha! I want to be a do-er too!" sort of like that Wolf of Wall Street mentality.

It doesn't really make up for it to just slap a 30 second outro onto a 2 hour movie that says "yeah they all went to jail" while It Ain't Me is playing

They are played up as total and utter fucking morons and you should laugh at them. Bay doesn't show a semblance of sympathy towards them.

I don't think Michael Bay made them sympathetic at all. I thought the film was great. One of his best.

you have to be pretty stupid to think that the movie portrayed them as anything but evil people. Stupid evil people mind you but still evil.

GOAT movies general?

Might be my favourite comedy since In Bruges.
But I simultaneously hate the film, because why does Bay keep insisting on making shit like Transformers if he actually is a competent director if he tries?

Dude, you really didn't get it.

Bay might have the worst sense of humor of all time. Literally every one of his movies has the cringiest scenes that are supposed to be funny, like that fat Australian chick talking about how she likes big dicks or something.

>why does Bay keep insisting on making shit like Transformers if he actually is a competent director if he tries?
Same reason Robert Downey Jr does ironman films every year; so he can do his own films, be producer and be stinking rich still

brainlets wouldn't understand this kino

Best Michael Bay movie since Bad Boys 2

dude should stop making robot shit and make more fun action/comedy films

Pain & Gain is one of the best pleb filters to ever come out of Hollywood. Easily the pleb filter of our century. I think that posterity will be very kind to this movie.

Man I loved this movie

Bay is basically Schumacher tier. Literally just puts out schlock for brainlets.

Me and the missues loved this film and tought it was criminally underrated. Honestly i just felt the vast majority of film critics didnt 'get' it so thats why it got poor reviews.

Marky marks performance was the best since boogie nights and everyone else were very compitent.

Also the editing and soundtrack was top notch.

>..."yeah they all went to jail" while It Ain't Me is playing

It was 'Gangsters Paradise' you hoe.

I dunno man, I Felt bad for the rocks character as he just seemed dumb and led astray by the other two.

hwo realistic is it that 'it was a mistake'

Best thing is that the film actually plays down some of the horrific shit the guys did to the guy (threaten to kidnap his wife and kids and then rape his wife in front of him) and makes out that he totally deserved what happened to him.

>Michael Bay
>appropriate and consistent tone
Pick one

It's so rare to see a good movie with legitimately evil people as main characters while also not being some 2watchit4u mob film

The shit other people say in this thread (practically moty) and also the POV is the brahs POV: they think they are the shit while being utter shit.

Because the crime it's based on seems very absurd whichis why it lends itself to a comedic interpretation. You can't take that scene of someone barbecuing parts of a body out in public and play it straight. It's too stupid on a conceptual level for that.

It's a very comedic story, if you view it with some emotional detachement. I think if that means that you found these characters likeable you're the problem, the movie made it very clear that they are a bunch of ruthless thugs who just happen to be incredibly incompetent.