What team should I support?

Hey Sup Forums, I started watching baseball a year ago and fell in love with it, but this year I want to have a team to support, so do any anons have any recommendations?
On a related note I'm not sure where I stand on the DH, can any user help me reach a judgement regarding it to help narrow my options?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mOZHAyFQU9A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Id recommend a team that is usually in the running for the playoffs and one thats in a timezone where you will be able to catch the most games desu

I'm afraid of being a bandwagon fan though, any teams that make it that far and aren't bandwagoned?

mariners

It has to be an east coast team to minimize time zone differences. New York Yankees or the Boston Red Sox (from New England) are probably your best options. Good teams who get excellent online coverage (so it's easy for you to follow) and there's that vague connection to the UK that the northeastern US has. Also Boston owns one of your soccer teams, the Liverpool something or other. So if you like them Boston is your obvious choice.

Eh who cares. You might start to hate baseball. We have another UK dude that is in most game threads who is a dbags fan

There is no such thing as a consistent playoff team without a bandwagon. If you're desperate to be a hipster then yoi should pick a team that never accomplishes anything like Baltimore.

>Bandwagon

Get one of the baseball video games and mess around with teams until you find one you love that isnt the dodgers, giants, red sox, or yankees

Angels might be a good bet. Youre never free of bandwagoning but I wouldnt worry about it. They havent been making the playoffs but are expected to be exciting to watch this year and probably more succesful.

Cleveland is a good choice or Pittsburgh

Yankees. It's only fitting you gave us this nickname.

Cincinnati Reds or the Angels.

Only correct choices.

Come join us, bongfriend :)

Stay away from:
-Bandwagon teams
-Tourist teams (lookin especially at you NY)

mets desufampai, the patrician team

come to daddy bong

Support the best team

The Yankees are more of a fashion accessory than an actual team over here user, them and the Red Sox.

You're a bandwagon fan regardless considering you live in another country

ManU of baseball: Yankees
Man City(but without the titles, lol): Dodgers
Arsenal: Nationals
Tottenham: Cardinals
Liverpool: >Rags
Chelsea: Red Sox/Giants

good underdog teams:
Astros(Think of them as the leicester of MLB)
Rockies
Sneks
Booers
Indians
Mets(perennial/lovable losers)
Angels
Orioles
Royals

constantly terrible:
A's
Lillies
Padres
Mariners
White Sox

those two have an absolute ton of bandwagon fans but also actual fans that go to games

>Tottenham: Cardinals
you take that back

>astros
>underdogs
Not any fucking more. Maybe when you consider what the franchise has been for most of the century, but theyre fucking stacked this year and everyone knows it.

theyre consistently good, but not always a threat

I say leicester because theyre a champ nobody saw coming. If they can go deep in the playoffs/win another series, sure, they get switched to someone else, but for now, theyre the ebst fit

i blame the boss, he was dead set on everyone knowing the yankees overseas

also, DH is for nancy girls

youtube.com/watch?v=mOZHAyFQU9A

Pic related, but only if they return to [pic related] uniforms.

Designated hitter is pure bullshit. If you hit, you need to field as well.

Got any news on the DH’s implementation to the NL? I’ve heard that it’s been shilled to them for ages.

The Reds I guess are a good meme team to root for and their best player is Canadian if you hate us Burgers too much.

I still like 'em, dangummit.

The player's union likes it because it means players who are too slow to play defense can extend their careers. League marketing likes it because it means pitchers who can't hit (basically all of them) get taken out of the lineup, meaning more action and higher scoring. Everyone else thinks it's retarded.

If it does happen, it won't be easy. The
>muh purity
is still influential.

Yankees are definitely a fashion accessory. The Red Sox are partrician tier. Red Sox fans are highly educated and affluent that's why you see their gear everywhere because they are usually over seas conducting very important business. The rest of the MLB is pretty much expansion teams which being a fan of an expansion team is a fate far worse than being a bandwagoner.

Pick an AL East Team and you can't go wrong.
Red Sox
Yanks
Orioles
Blue Jays
or Tampa (yech)

The DH is where it's at. The NL purists will say otherwise but they got left behind in 1973.

t, O's fan

Astros were top 5 in almost every sports book

>sports books/analysts

right, and the Red sox have 5 aces

Cincinnati Reds

>Red Sox fans are highly educated and affluent

APPLEWATCH OFF

Is there a movement for the opposite to occur? For the AL to ditch the DH? It seems to me the momentum is on the side of the Pro DH.

god ortiz is such a bum

There are plenty of people who'd like to kill it in the AL, but money (players and league) is in favor. Momentum is definitely on the pro-DH side.

Do you think the NL will eventually cave in? And if so what do you think the reaction among NL fans, another protest like what happened in the 90s? (Correct me if wrong but wasn’t there a mass protest due to player strikes?)
Why do you support the DH over the No-DH though?

Eventually... there's a good chance, but it won't happen quickly. There will be lots of REEEEE-ing, but not enough to turn things back.

Oh look an Irish Yankees fan delet this

fuck no, I hate the Bankees

Jays since they are commonwealth or
if you are a true patrician.

Eyy, that's me.

I chose sneks because they were rewarding to watch, and in their first few games they had combacks and shit. Also had a cool stadium, great commentators, and they're definitely not a big bandwagon team. Just pick whoever you'll have the most fun watching lad.