What does Sup Forums think of Jehovah's Witnesses? Dangerous? Good neighbors? Harmless...

What does Sup Forums think of Jehovah's Witnesses? Dangerous? Good neighbors? Harmless? Do they accurately reflect Christianity as taught in the Bible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HM4hOusHrNM
wol.jw.org/en/wol/tl/r1/lp-e?q=great tribulation
youtu.be/gBE_oof1RzE
youtube.com/watch?v=d4EaWPIlNYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Modern day Arians, they do not accurately represent Christianity as taught in the bible. I would say they're harmful in their door to door preaching of falsehood and would call them annoying neighbors.

>no birthdays
>no blood transfusions
Retarded.

Why is Arianism considered heresy, when there is ample support for it in the Bible? A majority doesn't always make right. The Nicean Council was a political happening.

It's absolutely toxic and ruined some of my friend's lives. Smothers the children, don't let them go to others for sleepovers/normal bonding etc

Hotties desu. They have great "fisher's of men"

You deny the doctrine of the trinity and the divinity of our lord and savior Jesus Christ. By that alone you ignore the bible and are not a Christian.

Gay.

True, but according to them, those things are detestable to God. They find support for it in the Bible.

I agree there. I was raised one, it's a very up tight environment.

Yes, some are pretty crazy too. I think it's true what they say about religious chicks, all that suppression makes them crazy.

Shoo, Athanasius! I thought you died in 373

There is no support for the Trinity found in the Bible. Jesus is submissive to God always, therefore making him inferior. I'd venture to say the Trinitarians are heretical to the monotheism found throughout the scriptures, especially the Old Covenant.

Fuck off Eusebius.

Dangerous cult, members are better at appearing normal than some other cults but they are scientology levels of evil inside where the public can't see what is going on.

They have softened what members are allowed to do quite a bit the last decade but the watchtower corporation is still as ruthless and money hungry as ever.

Also they spy on you when they go door to door, making records and databases of potential recruits and other details. You have to submit a monthly report documenting responses.

God beget a beget a son, an extension of himself. How is it then that the son of God is not God then?

As someone who grew up as a witness anytbing, brother.

It's been a while since I've seen any Jehovah's around.
I do remember that back in highschool there was a Jehovah in my class, and she never stood up for the national anthem, ever.

This desu, admittedly I was already pretty autistic, but insulating me from the world sure as hell didn't help

My grandmother is one and I'm currently living with her for the next 3 weeks one of the many arguments we had was if a human life matters or not if they don't believe in religion. Take a guess which side is which. Basically if you don't believe in god they think your life means absolutely nothing and will actively go out of their way to ignore you. I spent 3 hours arguing with these fucking people 3 fucking hours they are insane and close minded and the majority of them are fucking dumb and irrational.

I'm still in for family. I'm planning on leaving eventually. It's really difficult.

Do you have family in? How difficult was it to leave for you? Do you still believe in it somewhat?

why is this on /pol? Figure it out for yourself OP.

There's no support for the planet Kolob found in the bible either. JW is maximum heresy.

Oh I know I fucked a seventh day adventist. Best sex of my life I'll tell you what. Nuttier than a fruit cake though

Kek-a-rino
Now you're just spouting off nonsense.

For me it was difficult.

It helps that my dad just really goes for my mom and they don't do field service, so they weren't ever 1000 % noise to the grind stone types.

They never wanted me to say the pledge, never had a birthday party or anything. Which is actually awesome now because my wife does shit like Christmas and makes it great.

I still believe in a lot of what they preach, mainly not the trinity.

You're confusing JW with Mormons

Like Mormons, they have a crazy heretical tinfoil logic that has no historical basis behind their religion.

Sorry, I don't trust your random-ass prophets from the 19th century.

AMA

That would be mormonism, an even nuttier heresy than Jehovah's Witnesses.

I was raised as a Jehovah's witness and I was bullied for not singing the national anthem when I was 7. In fact one of my worst memories ever is getting scolded loudly by a half jap teacher when all of my classmates were present.

It was something like "user! Are you a Bolivian, Peruvian, Argentinian... Then why ain't you singing the anthem?"

I was very shy at the time and I felt like garbage.

I'd say that being raised as a Jehovah's witness wasn't that bad aside of stuff like not being able to celebrate national events, birthdays and stuff like that + having to go to the boring meeting that took place three times a week.

Having to follow what the Bible said and what they taught you kinda helped me to stay away from degenerate stuff though, stuff like drugs, alcohol and becoming a faggot.

But what really sucked is that my mom made me break up with my best friend just because he was a Protestant.

Well, given their numbers (8 million), their impact and simultaneous subversion of religious freedoms, and their controversial doctrines, I feel it's not out of the question to be on Sup Forums.

Do you know, for example, that their headquarters in Russia is being shutdown? Is this an infringement on religious freedom, or is it justified in order to shutdown their subversive teachings?

It's an infringement of our freedoms that is secretly being pushed by the Orthodox Church. They don't want competition. Partly also because us JW are not nationalistic so we support no regime nor party in Russia nor any country. The Putin Regime needs complete loyalty right now seeing how bad things are about to get in Russia with their involvement in the Syrian war.

They think us JW will get in their way.

No way, a true JW on Sup Forums? Lol.

How have you not been disfellowshipped yet?

>Have a dog
>Front yard is full of dog toys
>Computer desk faces directly out the front window
>See these fuckos come up to the gate, look in the yard and reconsider
>Give them a shit eating grin as they walk away

My dog is actually a harmless sook but it's nice to know people don't want to take the chances.

Leaving wasn't too hard for myself. I stopped going to the meetings and told my mom that I was getting more mature and that I wanted to see with my own eyes what's going on the world. Years later she still pushes me to go to the commemoration of the death of Christ but I just refuse to go.

I plan to makeup my mind on religions some day, dunno if that day will ever arrive.

>JW's logic
If it's obvious in the bible I will do it, if not I will use philosophy mombo jombo.

>Other Christians
I don't care if it's obvious or not, I will use 4D Chess philosophy directly to explain it.

>Dangerous?
Yes but only to other JWs and their kids, to normal people, just sometimes annoying/obnoxious
>Good neighbors?
Aside from preaching they really, really keep to themselves
>Harmless?
To outsiders, yes, to people who want to get out not so much, to kids they're downright abusive, sometimes subtly, other times openly.

Vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=HM4hOusHrNM

>Do they accurately reflect Christianity as taught in the Bible?
I guess you could make the case they follow a very, very fanatical and literal interpretation of it. Something that ticked me off about them even as a kid was this pamphlet with a picture of a little girl all happy and smiling with a bunch of presents under a Christmas tree, right next to the headline "Customs and holidays that displease Jehova". Come the fuck on, if a religion teaches that kids being kids and happy is something God doesn't want that should be enough to show you some of their true colors.

I knew a family of JW and the kids were miserable. They were dragged to kingdom hall every night and they could never hangout or just relax. The parents seemed like something was off, like they had experienced some trauma in their lives and somehow JW had all the answers they needed.

JW makes me suspicious af. It seems to have been started by freemasons and I think it is in some way related to Mormonism. They cannot salute a flag, join the military, serve in government, and they are dissuaded from voting. What is that about?

This religion ruined my childhood, teenage years and my entire family.

I hold everything against my abusive step father who forced us into it against our will.

I remain nothing but bitter.

They believe the UN will turn on all organized religion after they institute a one world government.

I will never have the faith to believe, but sometimes I want to. If it ever happened, I would be the first to sign up for the anti-JW death squads. Too bad it will never happen.

>God doesn't want that should be enough to show you some of their true colors.
It's because the Christmas have pagan origins... you happy celebrating it?

>December 25 for the celebration of the birth of Jesus is that the purpose was to Christianize the pagan festival in Rome of the Dies Natalis Solis Invicti, meaning "the birthday of the Unconquered Sun", a festival inaugurated by the Roman emperor Aurelian (270–275)

i am one ama

this sounds like a shitpost but honestly ama

Btw, feel free to ask me anything and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

I was also very surprised at the demons they drew in their older books and media, they looked very detailed and carefully drawn.

>It's because the Christmas have pagan origins... you happy celebrating it?
Yes, absolutely. I'm not religious but a holiday that promotes (at least in theory) family unity, peace, forgiveness and to be the best we can be is worth celebrating and keeping alive forever not matter its origins or how you call it. I even text my friends "Happy Sol Invictus" on the 25th's eve because I'm that much of a fedora.

Why are you a Witness? Do you really believe the Bible is literal, historical fact?

They believe that world will eventually have a one world government and that government will eventually turn on religion.

Looks like most of pol thinks we are half way there now.

Judging by what's going on with radical Islam so you think that's a giant leap?

I don't know if you know this but I'm the regular JW that usually post the "Ask a Jehovah's Witness Anything" threads here once in a while.

You can always tell it is me from the name I give myself

>JW on Sup Forums

Let me introduce myself. My name is user, I'm 32 years old and reside in CA. I was baptized back in 2008 at the age of 25. Unlike the people who were raised in the religion here, I am actually a convert. I was raised as a Catholic-In-Name-Only. I started studying the theology at the age of 12 years old. Part of this included Mormonism, Catholicism, JW, and even Islam. As I studied the Bible and looked at the lives and examples of JW I found them to be the most reasonable, logical, and modest. I studied the religion for 12 years before I was convinced I found the truth. I got baptized and continue to be in good standing to this day.

Why am I on Sup Forums? I used to be degenerate. I spent most of my time on Sup Forums. I also used to frequent /new/ back when it was the original Sup Forums ran by Stormfront. I got baptized and decided just to stay away from Sup Forums and all the dirty channels. I now just frequent Sup Forums, Sup Forums, /out/, and a few SFW channels.

I decided to frequent Sup Forums more often because of something Sup Forums has with JW.

>THE HAPPENING.

This is what we JW are also waiting for as well. We are in the last days, Sup Forums watches and gives details, for us JW, this will be the GREAT TRIBULATION.

>wol.jw.org/en/wol/tl/r1/lp-e?q=great tribulation

dude neither of us should be here, arguably

im from Oregon, you?

Ok, OP here. Not disfellowshipped or anything, just not really a believer either. A lot of you JWs say AMA. One question, why are you here? Not asking in a bad way, just genuinely curious. I'm sure this site is off limits.

The bottom line is you aren't Christian...

I've read a lot about them...

Their beliefs have no basis... only like "there's a monster bla bla, will dominate world aand religion and do and do and do..." while the verse they took from bible is just "there's a monster with 7 heads will show up"... no basis at all just the ole Christian philosophy mombo jombo...

For some core belief they look good and they take them directly from the bible while other Christians are going full 4D Chess on them.

Why would it not be true? I am without a church ,at least the bible has to be true or it does not make sense

im not doing incredible right now to be honest senpai. i honestly believe these teachings & will probably clean up my act a little & eventually not come back.

do you guys think im an asshole for thinking i have the right religion & everybody else is wrong?

I just said I'm not religious, Mehmet, I couldn't care less what people believe in as long as it makes them do good.

Please defend the lies the governoring body did with the child abuse cases

youtu.be/gBE_oof1RzE

A member of the governing body said disfelowshipping isn't in his field I was a jw for 3 years and I knew all about that
This court case made me see the light

They have a right to practice their cult religion so long as it does not actively harm anyone. Honestly they do less damage then Jews who culturally mutilate their children's gentiles.

If you really believe in God, you shouldn't be worrying about the Great Tribulation.
The creation story doesn't make sense. If you try to create a timeline based off it, and you try to recreate it, it will make no sense with modern astronomy and geology.

this thread is full of brainwashed jw idiots.I guess pol is over for me.

What does it matter what we think? If you believe it, stick to your guns. Make sure you can defend it though.

>Why are you a Witness?

>(Hebrews 3:4) Of course, every house is constructed by someone, but he that constructed all things is God.

First, I studied theology into my adulthood growing up. I knew there was a God or gods because logic dictates that all systems need a programmer and a builder. The greatest machine is the universe, so if a simple calculator is excavated it is assumed that it has a creator and inventor. Even if that inventor cannot be identified nor pointed out. As I mentioned here, I was studying theology to find the supernatural that did this. I came into contact with a lot of religions and the most reasonable one was JW. I gave the other religions a chance but the attitudeds of the members exposed them as the hypocrites they were. JW were not like that. After 12 years of studying the Bible, I came to the conclusion that the closest religion to the 1st Christians is now JW.

>Do you really believe the Bible is literal, historical fact?

Not all of the Bible is literal. Through paying attention to the context it would show that some things are metaphorical, linguistic and symbolical of something greater in plan. The rest of the Bible is literal and is backed up through history, science, and archaeology.

Here's a good example:

>Luke 3:1,2 - In the fifteenth year of the reign of Ti·be′ri·us Caesar, when Pontius Pilate was governor of Ju·de′a, and Herod was district ruler of Gal′i·lee, but Philip his brother was district ruler of the country of It·u·rae′a and Trach·o·ni′tis, and Ly·sa′ni·as was district ruler of Ab·i·le′ne, 2in the days of chief priest An′nas and of Ca′ia·phas, God’s declaration came to John the son of Zech·a·ri′ah in the wilderness

All that up above is backed up through archeology. This is but a fraction of the Bible's authenticity through time.

My elders know I'm here. They just told me that I'm an adult, I don't need to be told where to go and where not to. That it is up to me to be responsible for what I post and to be aware of the consequences of the internet.

They do not shun the internet. They only advice JW to stay away from material and individuals that would want to poison us. That's all. I'm from California. Hispanic

Answered here and up above.

I wasn't there, so I don't know. I don't speak of other people's confidential matters. Us regular JW, don't focus on the Governing Body, talk abou them and think about them. Our only focus in the Bible and our ministry.

Why?

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

Please explain to me the above texts. I hope you are where I am going with this.

Hugh Norman Ross (born July 24, 1945) is a Canadian astrophysicist, Christian apologist, and old earth creationist.

Ross has a Ph.D. in astrophysics from the University of Toronto[1][2] and an undergraduate degree in physics from the University of British Columbia.[3] He is known for establishing his own ministry called Reasons to Believe that promotes progressive and day-age forms of Old Earth Creationism. Ross accepts the scientific age of the earth and the scientific age of the universe, however he rejects unguided evolution and abiogenesis as explanations for the history and origin of life.[4][5][6

youtube.com/watch?v=d4EaWPIlNYY

17 minutes in is genesis

Because God promises to safeguard those in his favor, regardless of circumstances.

My best friend is JW.
I get pic related and some decent biblical discussions on occasion.
I also get a friend I trust with my life because honesty and shit.

So what is the problem? the sun is made at day 4 because god does not need the sun because god is light ?

I also live in California and I've been studying with a Witness for about 6 months. I like going to the meetings for some odd reason. I think I like how organized everything is. My question: Can I keep going to the meetings even if I have no interest in being baptized? Will eventually I be shunned if they see I have no intention in becoming a Witness?

Here's a better translation:

6And God went on to say: “Let an expanse come to be in between the waters and let a dividing occur between the waters and the waters.” 7Then God proceeded to make the expanse and to make a division between the waters that should be beneath the expanse and the waters that should be above the expanse. And it came to be so. 8And God began to call the expanse Heaven. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a second day.

14And God went on to say: “Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years. 15And they must serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” And it came to be so. 16And God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. 17Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth, 18and to dominate by day and by night and to make a division between the light and the darkness. Then God saw that [it was] good. 19And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a fourth day.

I don't know what you are getting at.

Oh I'm not worried about it, like Sup Forums, I'm looking forward to it. Let it come!

I "studied the bible" with a couple for about half a year. On the surface they seem consistent with how they base everything on the scriptures. And they do know a lot about the bible and what's in it.

They are obsessed with doomsday. They believe these are the "end times" and that people and the world are worse than they've ever been. Every chance they get they are painting the planet as a dichotomy between those who serve Watchtower and will be saved, and those who don't. And they constantly stress that it will be too late to join if doomsday begins. They much be trained to put a lot of emphasis on these kind of fear tactics.

They asked me "if you were on the Titanic, would it make sense to be inside polishing the brass while the boat is sinking?" It's a rather degenerate philosophy which holds that we should not value our time alive except as a way to spread JW as much as possible.

Some of their beliefs have very little scriptural basis. In those cases, they invariably go along with whatever the "party line" (watchtower's opinion) is at the moment. You aren't free to interpret the scriptures yourself -- you need to find out what the higher-ups opinion is. They said, "We don't interpret the scriptures, we go by what they actually say."

Also, the bible says you shouldn't listen to liars, so they are forbidden to look at any outside literature or anything that isn't written and approved by their own organization.

The most disturbing thing was the meetings. I went to three and found them to be very unsatisfying (unlike, say, a college lecture, where you actually learn something). They did this Q&A session where the speaker would ask the same question to 8 people in a row and all 8 would give variations of the same answer, like robots. The curriculum, the questions, and the answers are all determined by the watchtower society.

Fucking love JW

Not him, but actual study of the Bible makes it clear what's being referred to as literal, and what's prophesy. Weve never believed silly things like the Earth being created in a few literal days or dinosaurs living concurrently with humans, though we do believe in the creation of a single pair of humans by God since thats what the Bible specifies.

Their on the same level as Mormons; batshit, brainwashed and insane

I do find mormons odd christians but there is something about them

It was funny and amusing to see Mormon missionaries that came to my county. Always well dressed and they reply to pretty much anything you ask them in English.

In fact some guys were totally cool and open minded.

Oh, and every single Mormon I've ever seen is blond, tall and has either green or blue eyes.

Lot of women in JW are hot.

They kept coming over to my house because they think they would help me to find god since due of me being deaf.

I've never once met a JW who didn't believe in a literal 7 day creation

You can continue to go for as long as you like. As long as you aren't baptized, you can't be shunned.
Ok, the expanse is the space between the waters above and below, correct?

Now, the waters above are described by apologists as the water canopy, which usually has the following interpretations, a layer of water orbiting earth or the vapor canopy, residing well above our atmosphere.

Why are the sun, moon, and stars placed within this canopy?

>Can I keep going to the meetings even if I have no interest in being baptized?

Yes, no one is allowed to push you. If you believe someone is being pushy tell the elders. This is not allowed.

>Will eventually I be shunned if they see I have no intention in becoming a Witness?

No, we are not allowed to push ourselves on you. It is your choice and yours only. The only person you must answer to being indecisive is Jehovah himself. Not us.

>(Deuteronomy 30:19) I do take the heavens and the earth as witnesses against YOU today, that I have put life and death before you, the blessing and the malediction; and you must choose life in order that you may keep alive, you and your offspring,

>James 1:5-8 - 5So, if any one of YOU is lacking in wisdom, let him keep on asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching; and it will be given him. 6But let him keep on asking in faith, not doubting at all, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. 7In fact, let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from Jehovah; 8he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways.

>(James 4:8) Draw close to God, and he will draw close to YOU. Cleanse YOUR hands, YOU sinners, and purify YOUR hearts, YOU indecisive ones.

While growing up my neighbors were jw and they never allowed their son to play video games or what movies that involved magic, since it was "the work of the devil". Kinda fucked up to say the least.

>Do they accurately reflect Christianity as taught in the Bible?

No, that's why they wrote their own.

You're right, the problem is that they wear very conservative clothes. Actually, I remember knowing some people that went to the meetings (and eventually converted) just to get a bride. But those stories didn't end well due to "weak faith"

Cult.

the definition of a "day" is ambiguous. it didn't necessarily mean "24 hours"

There are 3 heavens

heaven=heaven the universe were god dwells
heaven=the universe space
heaven= the sky

Okay thanks

>What does Sup Forums think of Jehovah's Witnesses?
They are deluded members of a sectarian cult that cuts people off for even going as far to question their leaders.
>Dangerous?
To the common man they are not dangerous but to themselves they present a huge risk especially to their children since they deny them proper medical attention.
>Good neighbors?
Would i be a good neighbor if i woke you up on the weekend to tell you the good message of hitchens even thou you may or may not agree with him? of course i would just be a complete ass for doing that especially since i have seen those fuckers drive around.
> Harmless?
As i said 2 questions above me.
> Do they accurately reflect Christianity as taught in the Bible?
I could give 2 shits about the bible or christianity.

It's placed in the expanse. Read the text again. The context determines the meaning of heaven. It's saying the sun, moon, and stars were in this space, between the two waters.

Also, there is no basis for this water or vapor canopy existing.

Also, thanks for the YouTube link. I will check it out when I have more time. Heard a bit, seems pretty interesting.

Ex JW here. I wasn't allowed to watch Care Bears. Beat that

John 10:30-33
10I and the Father are one."
31 The Jews picked up stones again to stone him.
32 Jesus answered them, "I have shown you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you going to stone me?"
33 The Jews answered him, "It is not for a good work that we are going to stone you but for blasphemy, because you, being a man, make yourself God."

They are not. This is a part I told you is explained through linguistics. Look your Bible verse:

>14 And God said, “Let there be lights... 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars.....

Mine:

>And God went on to say: “Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens....15And they must serve as luminaries in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth.” And it came to be so. 16And God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars.

Poor Bible translations say "light/lights" and good ones like the NWT say "Luminaries."

The Light was already there in space in the form of the sun, moon, and stars when God created the heavens and the earth Gen 1:1. The expanse wasn't a transparent film. The Greek Septuagint used the word ste·re′o·ma (meaning “a firm and solid structure”) to translate the Hebrew ra·qi′aʽ, and the Latin Vulgate used the Latin term firmamentum, which also conveys the idea of something solid and firm. This was a solid film of clouds where only small fragment of light could penetrate. Same as how you can still see "day" on a really, really, cloudy day where the sun itself is not even visible. Once the expanse was divided the LUMINARIES(sources of light) were now visible. The light LUMINATING from the sun, moon, and stars was now apparent.

Damn... That's rough dude.

>Let me introduce myself. My name is user, I'm 32 years old and reside in CA. I was baptized back in 2008 at the age of 25. Unlike the people who were raised in the religion here, I am actually a convert. I was raised as a Catholic-In-Name-Only. I started studying the theology at the age of 12 years old. Part of this included Mormonism, Catholicism, JW, and even Islam. As I studied the Bible and looked at the lives and examples of JW I found them to be the most reasonable, logical, and modest. I studied the religion for 12 years before I was convinced I found the truth. I got baptized and continue to be in good standing to this day.
You have been completely tricked and scammed. They have been saying the happening is imminent since 1900. They have predicted exact dates multiple times then tried to cover it up when nothing happens. One time they hyped it up so much many witnesses sold their homes and spent all the money only for nothing to happen.

A convert won't know anything about what really happens deep inside the watchtower org.

By the way, the farthest I got within the organization was pretty much nothing, I never reached "publisher? The thing were you're allowed to preach the word house by house and you have to write how much time you spent doing that.

All my brothers reached that " rank" but I failed at reading the Bible in front of the main hall of the building. I had originally being scheduled to a small room located in the same building, that's were the rookies went.

In the moment I was ready to read I was told that I would have to use the main building since the small room was being used for other purpose or something like that..

Me, a very shy person couldn't take it and went to the bathroom and cried. I felt weak and was very harsh at myself.

Later my mom told me it was fine and that it was just Satan's doing. That day several stuff happened.

>the son of my ... (The guy who came to my house to speak about the Bible and to teach me) had suffered a theft 2hours before my presentation and thus was absent.

>the small room being busy and thus having to use the big one instead.

It really felt as it that was Satan's work and sadly I succumbed.

I was 12 ATM.

John 20:17
I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.

Yes, I remember having to stop playing tons of games because of the same thing. Nothing related to magic was allowed, even if it was just harmless magic like the one in videogames.

Same happened to TV shows were witches or monsters (pokemon and monster inc.) Appeared.

In the Scriptural record the account of each of the six creative days concludes with the statement: “And there came to be evening and there came to be morning” a first, second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth day. (Ge 1:5, 8, 13, 19, 23,31) The seventh day, however, does not have this ending, indicating that this period, during which God has been resting from his creative works toward the earth, continued on. At Hebrews 4:1-10 the apostle Paul indicated that God’s rest day was still continuing in his generation, and that was more than 4,000 years after that seventh-day rest period began. This makes it evident that each creative day, or work period, was at least thousands of years in length.

Does not imply Jesus isn't God.
Finish the chapter.
John 20
27 Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe."
28 Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

Thanks for clarifying, but you still don't get it. The expanse is the same in both instances. It is merely the space between the waters above and the waters below.

The luminaries don't reside beyond the expanse, but within it. Pic related, this was their (Hebrew) concept of the universe.

>You have been completely tricked and scammed. They have been saying the happening is imminent since 1900. They have predicted exact dates multiple times then tried to cover it up when nothing happens. One time they hyped it up so much many witnesses sold their homes and spent all the money only for nothing to happen.
>A convert won't know anything about what really happens deep inside the watchtower org.

This is actually very easy to prove wrong but I want to leave the rest of this thread to those that want to have sincere questions to be answered. This subject alone can cover an entire thread of its own.

This subject is nothing new to me. I've known about it for years before I was baptized but opposers of JW have on purposely left important information out that doesn't benefit them. Same as the gun control controversy where important information is left out on purposely to benefit the anti-gun agenda.

I'm sorry to hear that. I used to be like you. In my case it was harder because I go to a Spanish congregation and my first language is English. You need to be aware first and foremost that these should be considered like skits for practice before the actual performance comes out. You are allowed to make as many mistakes as you want. That's why it is a MINISTERIAL SCHOOL. The actual performance will be out on the streets with people. In the school, we are not expecting you to perform perfectly seeing as how these are done only for practice. This is my advice to you. Ask the elders to actually schedule you a part. Something easy like the Bible read then practice ahead of time.

I kinda wish I was born a mormon senpai:
-strong family values
-lots of brothers and sisters
-usually rich thanks to nepotism
-pure, virtuous white woman to marry after you go travel for 2 years as a missionary
-come back home, land sweet job thanks to dat mormon nepotism
-raise a godly family with the wife of your youth
-grow old surrounded by a loving family

Instead I had to be born into an apostate dysfunctional catholic family

A brainwashing cult and it's hardly Christianity when it denies Christ as our Lord. On top of this they refuse to show any sort of patriotism or love of nation and refuse to defend it from the foreign hordes. Hitler had the right idea killing them alongside the kikes.