Comfy edition

Last bullshit:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VXsl82MIgXo
youtube.com/watch?v=1jSdTBGhDSg
youtube.com/watch?v=WUOtCLOXgm8
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---the-ninth-doctor-chronicles-trailer
twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/852097533505658880
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/03/08/doctor-who-fandom-in-japan-has-definitely-regenerated/#3fb7cc363388
eyeofhorus.org.uk/content/editorial/interviews/baker-2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What episode of Series 10 are you most excited for /who/?

Our boy Simm, and whatever episodes he is in

How come 8's WETA screwdriver only "appears" (like, on the covers obviously) of the audios?

Is he - and dare I even utter these words - /ourchad/?

Extremis

12 cause of OG Cybs

>was planning on asking this exact same question in the new thread
I'm actually quite excited for most of them.
I'm even excited for Dollards and Gatiss's episodes, though that is mainly due to the concept, I'm sure they'll both find a way to fuck them up.
The only ones I'm not as hype for are Jamie Mathiesons, it sounds too similar to Before the Lake/After the Flood, even though I'm sure he'll do a great job of it, and the emojibot one

I just listened to Briggs version of Nine. He sounds like Barney attempting to emulate Eccleston.

Vicky? I will check her out.

Same. Mathieson will be solid I'm sure though, even though it sounds less creative than his usual fare.

I wonder if Chibnall will hold on to any "new" writers like Dollard and Mathieson. Gatiss says he's got a new writing room and hasn't contacted any of the current writers, at least yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=VXsl82MIgXo

Reminder Mathieson's original idea couldn't be done because of the budget.

Moffat never said anything about budget, it could have been that the monster idea didn't fit into a decent storyline.

Reminder Mathieson's brilliant episodes were back up ideas

Original series EIGHT idea, not series ten. The S8 idea has long been abandoned.

Plus it was a monster, not just an idea. And Moff says it could work for a non-Doctor Who property too, like an original film.

Mathieson's episode thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1jSdTBGhDSg

The one written my Mathieson (That's Oxygen, right?). Maybe also Dollard.

I'm excited for Monk three-parter, but ironically, because I expect it to be a glorious clusterfuck.

All the Simm and regeneration news has distracted from the biggest surprise of Series 10

Forgotten what I mean? This might jog your memory: youtube.com/watch?v=WUOtCLOXgm8

Are we sure it was for Series 8? I seem to remember he was talking about the monster he mentioned back in December 2015.

That's true. And he's always been GOAT. It's Moffat's fault The Girl Who Died was a bit shit.

If it seriously happens, I will laugh my ass off and never criticise Moffat again. Utter batshit lunacy.

>Simms return distracting us from rumours of an entrance set to a famous pop song

user those things are one in the same

>Are we sure it was for Series 8? I seem to remember he was talking about the monster he mentioned back in December 2015.

Fuck, maybe I'm wrong and was an arse about it for no reason. I feel like came out of a ~2015 interview but was talking ABOUT series 8. I could be wrong though dude.

Woah. So it's Simm in the basement?

No m8, that was from the latest Doctor Who Magazine, that's why I said his new idea was too expensive. No worries.

Anonwho. Worked at BBC WorldWide from 2004 to 2015. Including Doctor Who. Can't prove it, but you'll have seen my name of the show's crefits at some point.

Series 7 was a clusterfuck because Matt Smith didn't want to be there, Sherlock was eating up valuable time, rewrites were not completed, Moffat was badly trying to conduct an affair, the BBC were demanding more for less, they kept losing producers due to incompetence, and a few times for illegality, Moffat and Gattis threated to sue Steve Thompson for using their rewrites of his work as his own.

AMA.

Please just stop. This thread was full of actual discussion of the show. You're going to divert it into this awful fake spoiler shit now. Please just stop.

Jesus, Briggs sounds like he's doing Kermit. bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---the-ninth-doctor-chronicles-trailer

>they kept losing producers due to incompetence, and a few times for illegality, Moffat and Gattis threated to sue Steve Thompson for using their rewrites of his work as his own.
Gonna need examples and context. Isn't even surprising tho.

Also, did Brian Minchin shag Maisie Williams?

Did capaldi and jenna ever shag on the world tour?

Crikey. Even GB and Reddit are mocking Big Finish now because of how insane this is.

Why would they sue him instead of simply just firing him or crediting themselves as co-writer of the episode? A boss doesn't threaten to sue his employees for plagiarizing their work, because that takes too much time and effort when a simple sacking would suffice.

I was joking user, I have no idea who's in the basement
I think that rumour about someone coming out of the basement to I Want to Break Free is absolutely fucking ridiculous, but if it was going to be anyone, it fits with Simm

So why did 7 dangle himself on that cliff in Dragonfire?

How about David Bradley and Simm dance to together, to 12 playing I want to Break Free on guitar?

Idk but Name of the Doctor offers the best retcons for it. At least it provides a reason at all.

BBC America is having a marathon until the new episode is out but holy fuck the order they're showing episodes in is infuriating. Randomly skipping episodes and showing others out of order.

who's in the basement, user

No idea. They were angry? He was pitching for big film work amd misrepresented himself. Moffat found out. Mow he insists on putting his name on amything he does more than a continuity pass on.

No. I get the feeling JC would have liked to. She kept renewing her contract.

MS and JC, though. Allegedly.

PC is a family man.

S8 and S9 have a lot of moff co-writer credits, do you know what that would mean? Would he have rewritten large parts of those scripts, or was it just him being arrogant and requiring his name on everything he touched?

How does this reconcile with how flip floppy Jenna Coleman was in regards to staying on the show (her departure in Death in Heaven, the fake out ending in Last Christmas)?

Why is fucking Silva Screen not releasing the Series 9 OST?

I knew it
capaldi is pure
he never would

It doesn't, because he's obviously posting fake spoilers, he's already slipped up and contradicted himself multiple times.

So Clara could rescue him.

can you respond to ?

But Sabalom Glitz was the one who rescued him, or are you suggesting that Glitz is a transgendered echo of Clara?

it's so fucking hilarious
Briggs sounds like hes doing a parody of a typical northern farmer

That whole audio is just ridiculous
>The Doctor replaced with northern Goofy
>Jackie Tyler
>Fucking Adam
How could anyone be unironically excited for this

The average ratings for that season were 10 million, which should be considered exemplary compared to the average drama's ratings.

jackie tho

briggs really needs to step down holy shit

REEEE PEOPLE WERE ACTUALLY DISCUSSING THE SHOW!!! NONE OF THAT!!! EVERYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME AND MY FAKE SPOILERS INSTEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So they hate moffat so much that they won't renew the show despite the fact it's doing so well, but they don't hate him enough to forcibly remove him from doctor who?

No, because I'm a fraud and pulling this all out my ass.

Uh, shut up, I'm totally legit! Despite not providing any proof at all and contradicting myself over and over again!

you seem upset
maybe it's time to take a break user
perhaps have a nap
don't you feel sleepy? Sleep sleep sleep. Go and sleep.

kek. watch him not respond to this.

Same thing with Doctor Who.
Sherlock fandom died down. None of the merchandise people wanted to place new orders or renew licenses. I think Underground Toys abandoned all their plans for action figures. The current Titan Comics are literally off tumblr. Ratings dropped. Public awareness dropped. Moffat fucked over the BBCs two biggest shows.

But he got them to where they are, so they still trust him to a degree. He's been needlessly combatant in the past.

user...it's time to stop.

...how does any of that explain what happens in Dragonfire?

Actual Doctor Who discussion. Thread trucking along nicely. DW getting discussed, anons still goofing around though, fun and on-topic, the way we like it.

Then what happened?

This guy.

Look at the thread now.

You should be aware by now that discussion of your credibility is derailing the thread. You have the power to fix this, just by posting some kind of BBC identification. Doesn't have to include a name or any kind of ID number, you can scribble those out. Just anything that only someone who works for the BBC could have possession of. If you're able to do this you will save the thread.

where were all you whiners when the wikiafrog bullshit was happening. at least this is actually about doctor who, even if it's fiction

Gee I wonder why you ignored the actual facts in these comments: Seriously, just stop. You've shitted up two threads now. You've had your fun. Stop derailing the threads.

>This guy.
>Look at the thread now.
Ruins everything. I'll wait for the next thread

The most vocal Sherlock fans this year were TJLC nutters..and they're probably not going to be around the next time the show comes back after Final Problem denied them the outcome they had in their heads

twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/852097533505658880

I didn't even bother clicking those threads I have no idea who or what that was.

>TJLC
I don't know what that means

On-season /who/ everybody

When or if a proper photo of the full drawing gets taken, someone post it plz

no idea what this means, user

I can't wait until Japanese Doctor Who happens so 2ch can have their own /who/ and their own Who-related shitposting.

>/who/

Imagine if in the 60's, instead of airing Doctor Who in other countries, other countries bought the rights to make their own versions.

Right now we could have 50 years worth of Japanese Doctor Who, and Russian Doctor Who, etc. alongside what we already have. So many different eras. So many different Doctors.

>ywn watch a global multi Doctor story

When are you getting a trip?

Holy shit, this is something I've thought about before but that possibility never even crossed my mind.

In-universe the other Doctor Who shows could be parallel universes that very rarely have cross-over events, like the Anniversary specials.

user, I'm out of the house right now. Sorry you don't get those kinds of opportunities. I'll find an old ID badge when I get home after having a nice day. I'd say that's fair :)

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2016/03/08/doctor-who-fandom-in-japan-has-definitely-regenerated/#3fb7cc363388

>“The mystery element is really interesting” one fan said, “he’s very clever and his use of gadgets is really cool”.

>“He’s also different from humans and compared to a lot of Japanese drama, Doctor Who isn’t all about romance.”

>“There’s also a real depth and history to the series and that’s interesting, as there’s always more to find out about it.”

>There was also a cultural element here as well, as it was clear these fans had an interest in Britain and British culture. They enthusiastically talked about all sorts of TV shows they loved, from Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy to Monty Python and even Jeeves and Wooster.

>It’s here I started asking about everyone’s favorite Doctor. Naturally, a lot of the more recent Doctors were mentioned but there was a surprising amount of affection for both the Second and Fourth as well.

This is unironically from an episode of Doctor Who in 2017.

Name best Russian Doctor.

If you visited streams you probably know What Doctor, Fedora Doctor and Scarf Doctor.

Fuck, I want that now. The Doctors of All Nations. And the Doctor from the Philippines series has to team up with the Doctor of the short-lived Switzerland show to fight Ugandan Daleks.

Working on the current show allowed me some fun gossip regarding the classic series too.

For instance, Anthony Ainley was a paedophile.

Tom Baker knew this, and they didn't get along.

How embarrassing

fake insider information user, tell me how to become showrunner

>Reminder that this guy is banned from set for spamming Moffat with emails about the 50th.

eyeofhorus.org.uk/content/editorial/interviews/baker-2.html
>"I didn't have a villain except right at the end with Anthony Ainley who's a great friend of mine. I know Tony very well indeed.

Delete this immediately

Why?

To appeal to normies, Chibnall will cast Dan Howell as the Doctor and Phil Lester as his ambiguously homosexual companion.

Don't write Doctor Who for a living until you're successful in your own right.

See > Nick Briggs.

>Ugandan Daleks
I'm Dalek Supreme from Nigeria. My government was overthrown by the impure hybrids and my dalekanium assets frozen. Please send me some dalekanium to pay legal fees and I will exterminate you last.

>Chibnall told us he felt a little differently.. ''I don't really think you could make him a woman," the 37 year-old lifetime fan said. ''I don't think it would work the same. To me, at least, the Doctor has always been male''.

GALLIFREY BASE B T F O

I feel like having two skulls and a set of skull teeth is overdoing it with the skulls.

british four finger hand kid doctor > russian hat kid doctor

I can't wait for us to stop pretending we actually give a fuck about the russian fanfilms we don't even understand and only put up with because the stream admin keeps queueing them.

is that a recent quote? I thought chibnall was older than 37

I used to argue against a female Doctor too. Now I realise that was stupid and I don't feel the same way at all. And that was only a few years ago.

He's 47.

>put up with
get out if you don't like fun

so is it a typo or a 10 year old quote that is in no way indicative of his current opinion?

My assumption was it's an old article. I imagine if someone was to quote him now they wouldn't just say he's a "lifetime fan", they'd say he's going to be running the damn show

Plus, I think he's smart enough to know it would be really bad PR to say something like that, even if he does think it

The John Lock Conspriacy
Bunch of fans who were convinced the series was'nt queer-baiting, but legit building up to Sherlock and John being a couple at the end of the series. They were convinced the finale of this series would be where it happened, only for Moffat to instead throw Sherlock/Molly fans a bone instead and barely touch on Sherlock and John's closeness in the finale

>queer bating

dumb roastie