Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?

Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will_in_theology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Scientific_approaches
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Christianity
iep.utm.edu/freewill/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not and I do. Just take a fucking joke.

absolutely not. this show was thoroughly tailored for a specific audience: young, atheist, redditor, white faggot

In before someone mentions Reddit because they can't come up with any argument for why this show isn't a masterpiece.

reddit and memey.

No.

No. Blasphemy the show.

Are you under the age of 18? You'll enjoy it if you are.

>J-j-jesus Christ Rick, you killed all these people
>They were holograms Morty, they weren't real **URRRPPP* just like your beloved 'Jesus'

>not being atheist

Brainlet detected

Probably not...

>Im 13

>Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?
no
>Will I enjoy this show if I AM an atheist?
no as well

but morty is a jew

What a degenerate picture

No; this show is mostly trash

this wasnt that bad, when he was faced with the fact that he was about to die he starts praying like any other christian, everything he said after that was to save face because he was embarassed about praying to god while being the typical fedora earlier

If you stop using the bible as a dildo; maybe, it's just 20 minutes an episode. I personally liked the TV one the most.
~t. St. Sophia

>2017
>being religious

lemme guess, you are either a muslim or american.

Should I cop this jacket fellow reddit/tv/ors.

>2017
>being reddit

I don't need to guess.

There's one line in the whole thing about god not existing, and even then it's just ricks opinion. It's not like a stance that the show takes. The rest is jokes. People here are really just regurgitating stale memes.

If you're a 90's born neet with no sense of humour, yeah

This. I've seen this same joke in the Simpsons and nobody bats an eye.

never been on reddit,
sorry to dissapoint you.
Guess you are just as bad at guessing as you parents who guessed the condom would be okay.

>doesn't believe in god
>'never been on reddit'

Sure.

Kek. But you should of been a blowjob too, faggot

Le burp
>Morty give me the God on the bench
>OK geeze Rick I'll give you th-
>THAT'S RIGHT MORTY *BUUUURPP* GOD IS NOT REAL *BRAP* HAHAHAA That was so funny Morty, Morty what did you think Morty?

>le tipping fedora lad

It's the ultimate pleb filter. If someone watches Reddit and Memey and likes it, their opinion is instantly shit.

So please, watch away OP and tell us what you think.

Also, atheism is a Jewish plot.

You really do need to get into the mindset of the faggot atheist Redditor to understand why this show is so popular. These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters. Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases. Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick kids into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter. What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty

>SCIENCE GOOD
>GOD BAD *BUUUURP*

It should probably be noted that almost every single major figure in the atheist movement is Jewish. You could make a compelling argument that atheism is specifically being pushed by Jews in today's society, and they seem to largely be targeting western Christians and only them.

For example, Sam Harris, Chapman Cohen, David Silverman, Michael Newdow, Gregory Epstein, Sherman Wine, Bill Maher, Eric Kaufmann, and of course, Richard Dawkins's mother has a Jewish surname and was stated to have lived in the only Jewish suburb of the city she grew up in. But he hasn't explicitly named her religion.

But that's only a tiny part of the list. We could discuss the Jewish atheists who aren't pushing atheism so much as atheism-enabling political views like Marxism. For example Soklonikov, Trotsky, Deutscher, Lenin, Uritsky, Kamenev, Zinoviev and Sverdlov.

And what about atheist Jewish public entertainers that constantly run down Christianity? We can go ahead and recycle Bill Maher here and also include Jon Leibowitz, Stephen Fry, Woody Allen, Rob Reiner, Daniel Radcliffe, Larry David, David Silverman, and... I'm sure I'm close to the post cap, so rather than just name the rest of Hollywood, you get the point.

PURE COINCIDENCE though.

Yeah it's so much easier pretending the atheism fairy exploding nothing out of everything for no reason and having it magically forming sentient life isn't it plebbit?

Out of all the other religions, Christians are the biggest crybabies of the bunch. They make up around 84% of the United States, but still will always bitch and fucking moan about how oppressed they are. They are happy to shit over everybody else's viewpoints, but if you ever dare criticize Christianity, you will be accused of being "disrespectful".

Christians love to abuse other people's space and privacy, it's their favored past time, so when the Internet was invented they boarded the Jesus train to dialup to begin their cyber Manifest Destiny of shitty propaganda. Since these times, more and more religious Christ zealots find their way online to secure God's position firmly on its grounds. These types of people inhabit almost every conceivable community that makes up the web and constantly through the day/night some asshole is quoting the bible somewhere in an effort to smite some e-foe. Luckily, Christians make up a large pool of easily trolled targets because if the Internet has taught us anything it's that everyone is a hypocrite. It's only fitting that the people who spend most of their time telling others how to live would be the most raging hypocrites out there. This trusty flaw results in massive ruin and has been a staple of dramatic events throughout history. E-Christians (aka Christfags) are no different from their offline counterparts, however, their large numbers and gestapo sects do not translate in any way online. They are weak cry-baby carebears who quit the Internet forever at the drop of their hat.

This makes me wonder, are the people who just hate God considered atheists?

Let's face it; Atheism is so 2006. It's been kicked to the curb by everyone.

Atheists just can't get over the fact that they lost the culture war.

Let me take you under 18s back to the year of 2006:
>atheism on the rise on the internet with their voices getting more heard everyday
>atheist leaders like Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens are respected voices in the community
>r/atheism is one of the top boards on bleddit
>corporate stores trying to push things like "Happy Holidays" and having "Holiday Trees"

Cut to today:
>Dawkins, Harris, and (worst) Hitchens (may he RIP) viewed as complete psychos for their insane political/social views
>r/atheism moved to the basement of bleddit because it was embarrassing euphoric garbage
>things like "Reason Rally" draw less than a Hitler impersonator at a bar mitvah
>atheist communities tear themselves apart over things like elevator gate (giving rise to New Atheism, and Atheism+, which are less successful than just regular Atheism)
>constant rape and sexual assault allegations at atheist conventions (even atheist leaders like Lawrence Krauss are accused...by other atheist leaders)
>"Happy Holidays" and "Holiday Trees" are a distant memory
>liberal atheists in Britain crushed by Brexit

And quite frankly all this bad stuff wasn't even needed. All it would have took was one euphoric quote and a couple of fedora pictures. Christianity is still kicking 2000 years later, and atheism is at it knees because of a jpeg of a fat guy in a fedora. Sad

>Even Plebbit: The Show agrees there are no atheists in Foxholes

Top kek. Poetry.

Fuck, I hate Australians.

Ok that's cool but God still doesn't make any sense

You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

>His birth
>His teachings
>His followers
>His baptism
>His arrest
>His death

All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

>let me guess: lucky guesses ayyylmao

absurdism > agnosticism >>> nihilism > religion > atheism

deal with it

>threads about a CARTOON SHOW stay up
>threads about anime MOVIES get deleted

you have 20 other weeb boards, fuck okk

I bet you identify as an agnostic and think you're somehow smart because of it.

Atheism is a lack of belief in God or gods, that's it

Also even if you prove there is some prime mover in the Universe that created everything that still has nothing to do with the Christian God

>Atheism is a lack of belief in God or gods, that's it
>Also even if you prove there is some prime mover in the Universe that created everything that still has nothing to do with the Christian God

The problem with that (((argument))) is that no natural laws can explain the existence of anything. There is no cause for a beginning or the organization thereafter.

If there is a beginning there has to be a cause. We know there was a beginning. We also know that nothing creates nothing. So why is there anything at all?

Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.

The multiverse and computer simulation theories exist to explain away this paradox. They are based on zero facts. There is no evidence that supports these theories.

Occam's razor would suggest it was created by intelligence that exists outside of time.

Yeah and i go there, why don't you go to your own board aswell?

Totally couldn't be that some dude read all those prophecies and decided that he was the Messiah, eh?

>Not only does the universe exist but it is finely tuned for our existence.
explain starvation and cancer to me like i'm 5

Ok cool but even if I give you everything there, which I don't, there's still no relation to the Christian God

Your argument here makes just as much of a case for Brahma

>it is finely tuned for our existence.
you have to be insane to believe that.

Actions have consequences. If your parents use their free will to have you when they're not capable of looking after you, or when they've done a lot of drugs and 'make you live under power lines then you'll get ill.

Life isn't that important though. It's better to suffer for a few months/years on earth and then be rewarded with ETERNAL paradise.

And no matter what, God is always there for you.

God bless you user.

>free will
hahaha how can you believe in an all knowing, all powerful god and still believe in free will?

if 'god' knows everything that means everything is already set in stone, pre-determined. if everything is pre-determined, you have no choice, you have no free will.

even from a scientific standpoint, free will does not exist (libet's experiments).

i did not bother reading the rest of your delusional comment

>making assumptions
>being superior in an argument
lmao

You going to actually refute what I said or just post more neckbeards?

You've already been BTFO m8

Except there is an inherent validity to Christ that all other Gods lack.

For example, The Miracle of the Sun, The Fatima Revelations, and the curing of Sister Marie-Pierres Parkinson's disease are all verified miracles that have happened in the last century.

>Here Adam and Eve, you have free will
>Except for that one thing you're supposed to not do, you're not allowed to do that
>Ah shit you exercised your free will time to damn humanity for eternity
>Also I knew you were going to do it all along
>I also knew Satan was going to do the shit he did but I still made him anyway because why not
>Honestly I'm all powerful and all knowing, I could have made you a perfect paradise with no restrictions but I decided not to anyway

Can you decide to raise yourself from the dead?

>god is there for you

Not if you fuck up bigtime.
Murderers and rapists will burn.

>christfags still believing in a fairy tale
it's 2017 guys come on

What's the purpose of unconditional loyalty if it isn't heartfelt?

Dude that's ridiculous, you're just saying that Christ is real because there were a few miracles in the past attributed to him?

They could just as easily be attributed to any other gods

Also, all the other miracles attributed to other Gods exist, so obviously they must be real too

>it's 2017 guys come on
back to rėddit

Quite easily. As God is outside of time he obviously knows what I will do, but from my point of reference the future is unknown, so I am the master of my fate.

I can choose to do something, just because God knows what I will do doesn't remove the onus from me. I am still responsible.

For example, I can watch a rerun of a show, and the characters will go through the motions, but they will still always do what they will do.

I don't see how much of a brainlet you must be to think there's a discrepancy between what man chooses to to an an omniscient being with a completely unapproachable frame of reference.

What's the purpose of heartfelt loyalty if it's with a gun to your head?

Current year guy please go to reddit.

This. There's no excuse at this point.

now imagine the same scenario but Adam and Eve are you own children and you are god.

Because think of all the Good that has come from the creation of space and time. Sure you can look at the bad, but from that bad came a lot of Good.

In a risk/reward analysis the creation of the universe and the creation of the free will that governs us, was a net benefit.

Basically you're upset that actions have consequences.

such a god has no right to judge me afterwards

>Watch this show as a non-atheist
>It pull out a Redditor gun and kills me, but not before spouting memes
What the FUCK!

>Will I enjoy this show if I'm not an atheist?
More than likely, since it was designed for people with low IQs.

Right, but God already knows the outcome of everything

You essentially believe in predestination

They're directly attributed to Christ. I mean, sure it could be a big mind fuck, and Buddha could be pretending to be the Virgin Mary, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Marian Apparitions are proof of Christ.

Sad thing is, there's far more evidence for these miracles than there is for the atheism fairy magically exploding nothing into everything, for no reason, and having it magically form sentient life.

Have you ever browsed Reddit?
Did you support Bernie Sanders?

if you've answered yes to either question then yes, this show is for you

Atheism has existed before any religion ever.

No dude

I'm upset because if this God exists he literally created evil for no reason

It didn't have to exist but God made it so for no reason

You misunderstand

There are millions of "miracles" that have occurred throughout history. You can't use them as evidence and dismiss the miracles that occurred in the name of other gods as ridiculous.

Yes. Don't listen to these basement dwelling niggers, their opinion is trash

no shit they are attributed to christ when they happened to christian people. you think some

and again Atheism has nothing to do with how the universe came to be

You have the option to catch the bullet if you really dissagree.

>from my point of reference the future is unknown, so I am the master of my fate.
this is plain wrong. you're implying that your subjective reality is somehow more valid than the objective reality.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laplace's_demon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will_in_theology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Scientific_approaches
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_will#Christianity
iep.utm.edu/freewill/

even martin luther objected the existence of free will. educate yourself before you spout nonsense about things you don't understand. you are a delusional dumbfuck that contradicts himself every other sentence. i sincerely hope you're just the typical christfag troll and that you do not actually believe what you are saying.

hey cool they cropped this entire scene to omit the part where hes praying

Always the same stale pasta in these threads.

>You essentially believe in predestination

I believe God knows all, but that I am responsible for my actions. You know what you have done in the past, but knowing that doesn't mean you weren't responsible. You can't change what you have done, they were still your actions. God's frame of reference is like that, just for the whole of existence.

Why. You're responsible for your actions. You weren't set up to fail. If you haven't learnt that actions have consequences then how are you better than those 'Am I being detained!?' sovereign citizens?

It doesn't even have massively atheist undertones. I'm can only recall god being mentioned twice, and even then it was more to do with Rick's character rather than actually trying to peddle a religious viewpoint.

Then God came to earth, performed miracles, and changed the world more than any other force in history.

What's your point?

>Im 13
Average age of 4channer right here folks

If God knows all, he knows the future, and any action you do is predermined, you can't have an all knowing god and free will at the same time.

If you know someone is going to commit a crime and you have all the power to prevent him form doing so, you have no right to judge him when he does.

>Marian Apparitions are proof of Christ
Wow the word proof here is doing some heavy lifting. I might have accepted "evidence" at a stretch, but proof? Supported by like 10 19th century accounts by French people?

Why haven't there been any marian apparitions since we developed smart phones and carry cameras with us basically everywhere? I've a hunch it's the same reason UFO, bigfoot and loch ness monster sightings have gone down in decades recent.

Posting several Wikipedia articles doesn't win you an argument.

Free will exists because I am the master of my actions. God knowing what I will choose to do doesn't mean I'm not making those choices.

Also, from looking through your 'sources' it (obviously) seems that the existence of free will is purely a hypothetical position to take. You can't quantify 'will' or 'choice'. What a silly position to take.

>you can't have an all knowing god and free will at the same time.
of course you can

>here folks
bãck to reddit