Some guy called Jacob King just called me and screamed in my ear that I owe twenty-thousand dollars to some business in...

Some guy called Jacob King just called me and screamed in my ear that I owe twenty-thousand dollars to some business in California that I've never heard of. He's threatening to sue, and has my social security number, and has called a bunch of people in my family, threatening to sue them too if I don't pay for a bill that I never incurred. What should I do?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1213x965, 98K)

Have sex with his ass.

Shit, forgot to mention that pic related in the OP is the debt collector that's trying to come after me. I'm really scared, guys. If he sues me, I'm fucked. There's nothing that I can figure out to do and I'm seriously freaking out.

Kill him

hey OP, are you young or retarded?

Quick. Call him back and give him your credit card number. Tell him to only charge $2000 on it and that is how you can settle this.

Neither. I'm thirty-five, and I've never been threatened with a lawsuit before. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before I pay all of my bills and barely have any actual debt. I don't even have credit cards

I think one of your family members may be connected to him

just use your earnings from your scam Nigerian inheritance to pay for the scam lawsuit.

OP doesn't have one

Tell him you're a nigerian prince and only need his social and a wire of $1,000 to access your inheritance of $10,000,000; then you'll give him the money he wants from that inheritance.

It's crazy enough to work

>debt collector
>If he sues me
This isn't how it works user. Just ignore his ass.

Sound like you better pay him, OP.

>I'm thirty-five

ok, so you must be retarded, because no non-retarded adult would fall for this bullshit. Let me break it down for you; either 1) this is a scam or 2) this is an actual collections call.

I'm leaning towards 1) scam because it is very very illegal for debt collectors to a) threaten to sue you or anyone else, b) contact your family or business and disclose any information to them and c) not have sent you a letter beforehand explaining the supposed debt.

Since your so fucking retarded (how does a human being make it to 35 without learning even the most fundamentals of living?) I'll spell it out for you in easy steps:

1) check your credit to make sure no one took out any fraudulent loans in your name. If there are any, then report it to the police, your bank, credit bureaus, and whoever paid out the loan.

2) put call recording software on your phone; if you catch him doing these things again, and it is a real debt collector, you now have the evidence you need to sue him into oblivion (in most states you can sue debt collectors for up to 3x the amount they are demanding if they violate the previously states laws).

3) admit to nothing ever, give out no information whatsoever, do not agree to any type of payment plan or anything, and for fuck sakes quit being such a giant pussy.

4) if he does call back, make sure to ask for proof of the debt, he must send it to you within 30 days certified mail by law.

I hope this helps your stupid ass you drooling moron.

Isn't it a bad idea to ignore a lawsuit? Ignoring it really does not seem like the best idea.

There will be no lawsuit. You're being scammed and the last thing a scammer actually wants is to wind up facing you in court.

Not OP, but I'm getting hounded by legit debt collectors after a bad car crash (the other guy was drunk and ran a red light, t-boning me). I have no way to pay anything back, and it's still a few months until I'm back on my feet and ready to work. Any advice?

Read this a few times very carefully OP

Also realize that your social security number may no longer be secure. If the guy has actually shown you your own number and it's accurate, then it's time to kill him and get your number scrubbed.

If he's simply saying 'we have your social security number', that's an empty threat. Scammers use scare tactics because they work on stupid people.

>ignore a lawsuit
Debt collectors don't sue. They collect debts by harassing you.

What do you owe if you're the victim? Hospital bills?

Uh yeah, get on your fucking insurance company's case, start calling them every day, and start calling the other guy's insurance company too while you're at it. If you're not in the wrong, start making a fucking nuisance of yourself until the pay-out you're owed actually happens.

ikr he must be stupid, I get calls saying my title on my car is expired or my car insurance is fuck up and I automatically know it's a scam because I DONT HAVE A CAR. OP if you havent heard of the business you're supposedly in debt to, why believe it? faggot

Hospital bill is paid off, it's my pre-existing debt that's the problem. I had a couple of credit cards that I had totally under control until the accident, and now I owe thousands instead of a few hundred. Definitely learned my lesson, though. When I'm back on my feet, I'll be more careful about getting them paid off every billing cycle.

>a couple of credit cards
Call those faggots and explain your condition. Send them police report, other driver's ins, etc. That driver is responsible for lost wages and hardships.

call the police?

get the money from the insurance company fuckwit. if he didn't have any insurance then file a claim with yours for an uninsured driver. If you didn't get that coverage then your a bigger fucking retard than OP. either way you should sue to fuck out of the asshole who hit you, but fat chance getting any actual money out of that retard. He'll file for bankruptcy to squash it (which you should force him to do out fo sheer vengeance) or if he can't cause he already did it, you can garnish his wages. Either way, you're fucked financially if you can't get any money from your own car insurance. The best way to handle this is to find a car accident injury attorney, they usually don't get paid by you unless they get you some money. But be careful retard, injury attornies are notoriously scummy and may rake you over with fees so read everything carefully. They usually only take cases they feel are strong enough to win easily so they don't have to put up much work, so call around and if many are interested then you can a strong case and you can pick and choose those with the lowest fees and best reputation. Good luck you drooling moron.

Send me your personal information including credit card info and I’ll settle this matter

lol no, they don't give a flying fuck about his hardships. They just there to get paid, you can expect to get 0 fuckign help from them. Trust me they won't give you shit. You just gotta come up with the money.

tl;dr pic related

Attached: lead_720_405.png (720x405, 397K)

Ask him to meet up and square up, the loser has to suck the winners dick and pays the debt.

Agreed, but my son was landed on by a drunk driver and they gave him some leniency.

Based angry user dropping good knowledge on all the retards and lil niggas.