Ghost In The Shell

This is by far the second best cyberpunk movie ever made (right behind Blade Runner as of course that will always be the most best).

WHAT ELSE do you want in a cyberpunk movie? This gives you everything! And basing it off the anime, it does a fucking great job at referencing the anime source material whilst also doing its own thing without just 100% copying it.

Scarjo surprised me at being really good in the role and I enjoyed seeing Major try to work out what happened to her past .

No other person could have played Batou as well as Pilou Asbæk did!

I do hope they release an extended cut because there sure are some deleted scenes as the trailers show but fucking hell this is an absolute incredible film that truly deserves a cinema viewing!

Ok, let's start by giving us your definition of cyberpunk

Then tell us how it even resembles the source material, also WHICH source material? Manga, movie or series.

the matrix was one hundred times better

>also WHICH source material? Manga, movie or series.
the movies. havent read the manga

i didnt mind the movie but at the same time was a little disappointed. it was good but could have been great. they had so much to work with. also i think batou should have been played by a chink.

The movie was trash, stop shilling. The only good parts were with the supporting cast, but they didnt have enough screen time to make a difference in the overall quality of the movie. Scarjo's preformance was wooden, honestly some of the worst acting i have seen in a AAA movie. They city only looked good when it didnt have the eyesore holograms everywhere. It was bad.

Batou was the best part of the movie you faggot

you are 100% wrong about Batou. He is pretty much white in the anime. Looks way more white than Major which to me yeah she looks very much asian in the anime

Ok, well trust me: it's nothing like its source material.

Now define what makes a cyberpunk movie

the script was shit and Scarlett was, Scarlett in a lead role for an action movie...
the guy playing Batou was great though

her eyes are round thats enough tell that she isnt Asian in the anime

>He is pretty much white in the anime

just because of his wide nose and square jaw i always imagined him as a jap in the anime. plus hes the only character you cant tell if his eyes are wide or chinky because they are prosthetic.

No Batou is clearly white

it was shit

Needs more exclamation points. See me after class.

It was a shitty origin story instead of focusing on the themes of the original which you know, made it good and not some shitty capeshit.

shit taste

It was great

does it matter ? i mean the movie has a decent excuse why she is not asian (or simply looks different from her original body)

>Ghost In The Shell
You mean RoboOni in the Shell: Human Revolution?

This, in addition to being a member of the US Army Rangers in his past, I assumed that this was a world similar to Blade Runner where cultures just sort of mixed together in large cities. Would make it more interesting to have Batou, an American, recruited into Section 9 in the city they live in. (Honk Kong / Tokyo / Newport City)

I saw Fate of the furious instead. did i fuck up? FotF was garbage btw even for a FatF movie

both suck. You should have watched Split or something instead.

>origin story

Fuck off. Stop trying to build a cinematic universe out of everything. Just make a movie with interesting themes and characters. Fuck.

blade runner is fucking gay. i don't why redditors think so highly of that movie. it's easily the most boring movie ever produced. Literally just harrison ford running around in an overcoat in the rain for 2 hours.

Thank yaweh its finally over though. They should have just ended the turd after the first one.

GitS is miles better I take it

Went just to see Takeshi Kitano becuase I'm a huge fan of his movies I'm not a particularly giant GiTS fan but I've seen it.

Movie was way better then I was expecting. Only criticism I really have is it feels like there were probably alot of deleted scenes.

Really enjoyed pretty much all the other aspects of it

Guess it's too patrician for normies though

Visuals where 10/10, everything else about the movie was mediocre.

a less predictable story would have helped a lot.

OP, I also enjoyed the movie but it needed an R-rating and a bit more script work and it could have been a GREAT movie. Too bad it probably wont get a sequel!!!FACT!!!

It was really disturbing how desperate the SJW fucksticks were trying to paint this as "whitewashing" while ignoring that the major is a CYBORG with non-Asian features and blue eyes. They even make a point in the original anime when she sees a copy of herself and the puppermaster who is virtually identical save for the hair length and color. NOPE, they kept screaming their fanatical dogmatic bullshit because they act more like religious zealots and are the left wing equivalent of the Alt-right which is why they drove moderates away from voting for Hilary Clinton. I'm a lefty-liberal type but I'm fucking sick of these Feminazi's and their SJW white-male middle-upper class self loathing cucks!!!FACT!!!