Why do countries do this?

Why do countries do this?

wypepo

Latvia's flag is a darker shade of red than Austria's, they're pretty easy to distinguish

grpepe

>not having a flag anyone can recognize from miles away
LMAOing at YOu FLAGlets

delet this

Because they're uncreative cunts who can't help but copy a neighboring country or colonial power's flag

Peru's flag is the first of all.

One of the oldest official flags.

Don't talk so much, your flag was saved only by that moon shape

Singapore's glorious flag bears the Turkish crescent on blood red, and the Turkmen five stars. We are descendants of KARA BOGA

From Wiki

red symbolises "universal brotherhood and equality of man", and white, "pervading and everlasting purity and virtue". The waxing crescent moon "represents a young nation on the ascendant". The five stars "stand for the nation's ideals of democracy, peace, progress, justice and equality"

Why have flags become so boring and minimalistic?

Crescent symbolises THE NATION OF ISLAM
Stars symbolise KARA BOGA's dick, two balls, and two nipples
Red symbolises the blood spilt from the white man's bum after KARA BOGA is done with him
White symbolises another fluid spilt as a result

+

austria was first!

Red and white are among the most recognizable colors.

Are you the same guy that's obsessed with me on /danmarktraden/ and wants to be pegged by a fat girl?

>tfw have the MOST recognizable flag in the WORLD

They're dumb

>cheap to mass produce copies of
>easy for citizens to recognize
>easy for citizens to reproduce in patriotic displays
>super ornate designs are usually reserved for coat of arms or other displays which don't need to so prevalent

I dunno, it's pretty damn disappointing when you see pictures of someone drawing their own flag and it's clearly wrong in some fashion.

I think it's a little disappointing that purple doesn't get used as often as it could be now though. Tyrian purple isn't the only source anymore but the only 2 flags to have any barely use it.

best flag comin thru

Uganda has a nice flag

Red is a cheap color I guess.

Also, it almost always means blood of the heroes or some shit.

Who wore it better?

Best flag coming through

Austria

Idk but it's dumb
Based Mozambique

>you will never collect aztec flags
end me please

>black and gold will NEVER be our flag
wtf this is not fair

feels bad to have a flag that is a shitty danish copy

Horizontal virgins vs vertical Chad

At least Latvia's flag has a cool backstory

According to legend, Austria's flag was invented by Duke Leopold V of Austria as a consequence of his fighting during the Siege of Acre. After a fierce battle, his white surcoat was completely drenched in blood. When he removed his belt, the cloth beneath remained unstained, revealing the combination of red-white-red. So taken was he by this singular sight that he adopted the colors and scheme as his banner.