I'm on a budget and want a capable DESKTOP pc to play videogames without breaking bank...

I'm on a budget and want a capable DESKTOP pc to play videogames without breaking bank. I was given a new unopened a 16gb ddr3 ram, GSkill TridentX 2666.
I was thinking I could jus buy an old desktop that has a compatible processor and buy a midrange GPU to put in it... But, would the ram be compatible.
It is a nicely cut price. If it is koOl I will order it now.

Any suggestions?

Attached: Screenshot_20191203-114928~2.png (1080x2112, 441K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcliquidations.com/p87020-hp-elitedesk-800-g1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=87020&r160164167166161&gclid=CjwKCAiArJjvBRACEiwA-Wiqq1Su0EIwCTLsfsSyr-CE4L3snI9hoiygf3w6Nuedm5a9bAsCpn_VxhoCOZMQAvD_BwE
newegg.com/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gtx-1050-ti-4gt-lp/p/N82E16814137081?Description=1050 ti sff&cm_re=1050_ti_sff-_-14-137-081-_-Product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much piss can a nigger dick fuck if a penis shit farts tits?

I wont answer because I got banned in Sup Forums for saying Enwords, believe it or not.

I will buy a midrange card, like I said.
Not out to buy a serious desktop gaming setup rn, pulling it from a budget.
Old builds are everywhere and cheap.

Attached: download (15).jpg (257x196, 12K)

DDR 3 RAM is not the standard anymore, so you couldn't use any board that uses DDR4 ram. If you can get a used older desktop and put a graphics card in there, you can probably get a midrange to budget pc if the CPU is good enough.
Don't forget to get an ssd though.

Well I have this DDR3 Ram I figure I will upgrade later when i get serious about a gaming PC.

Do jus working with the DDR3.

Will this old desktop work with the overclocked 16gb RAM I have?

I have a 1TB Samsung 850 EVO.
And a power supply.

So what I'm wondering is

Can I buy this old cheap office desktop and pop a good RAM, GPU, AND PSU to it.

build your own you stupid fuck

Depending on how much of a poor nigger you are a gtx 1030 is 45 refurbed on newegg and can be powered with a psu less that 300w. A 2nd gen i7 is like 60 bucks used on Ebay and you already have the ram. You can even be an ultra poor nigger and buy a optiplex 9010 board for like ten bucks, plug these pieces of shit into them, and still run most modern games on low-medium settings @ 60fps 1080p. Good luck finding a case, but that combo plus a psu is about as cheap as it gets.

I have a ENERMAX Thormax Giant chassis I plan on disecting the office desktop and placing it's parts into.

I have a ENERMAX 1200w gold psu.
RAM ofcourse.

Is the desktop I mentioned able to handle a GPU and this RAM?
I want to stick with HASWELL since it is the best and last of DDR3

Dont. RAM isn't that important past 8 gigs usually unless you do a lot of rendering. Gaming only requires enough to load.
Center your computer around the highest video card you can get. That's your performance ticket.
The RAM you got... Ebay it for some cash for your new build.

An office desktop will forever be an office machine, it won't be worth upgrading.

Depends bud, gotta be i5 or i3 at lowest
buy a rx 580 or 570 get a better psu

That's actually a really good price for what it is. I sold my i7-4790 earlier this year for that much and it was just the processor alone.

you might be able to upgrade the psu and leve it hanging out of the case, but you probably won’t be able to fit any GPU in there there’s a good chance the mobo won’t even have an open slot for it

Yes right. This is what I noticed about it.

I cant tell.
pcliquidations.com/p87020-hp-elitedesk-800-g1?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cse&utm_term=87020&r160164167166161&gclid=CjwKCAiArJjvBRACEiwA-Wiqq1Su0EIwCTLsfsSyr-CE4L3snI9hoiygf3w6Nuedm5a9bAsCpn_VxhoCOZMQAvD_BwE

Can you identify if it will? That was my concern.
I do have a chassis ready.
I seen this HP EliteDesk and thought it is a steal as cheap as it is.

Your GSkill RAM will work in this machine, and that's a decent price for a decent processor, but it's a shit choice for gaming. That case is going to have terrible cooling, and you'll only be able to fit in small form factor graphics cards which aren't ever worth buying and won't give you adequate gaming performance.

The real best choice here is to wait until after Christmas when tons of used stuff will be put up for sale by people who got new PCs once Christmas. Buy yourself a used gaming machine OP, not a refurb business machine.

Also, --> Sup Forums

I have a ENERMAX Thormax Giant I will put it all in.

Will the motherboard fit a regular GPU?

I only plan on custom building a serious rig once I move into a new place.

I have a ENERMAX 1200w gold psu.
1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Grill TridentX 2666 DDR3

Plan on buying a midrange GPU.

Thanks, user. I was looking for that before I made this thread.

Already have this one going so taking advice.

Thats an SFF (Small Form Factor) Desktop so it will only take small form factor graphics cards like the Nvidia gt710. The PSU is also likely to be custom so you cant upgrade it. I doubt it will support XMP so your 2666 ram will run at 1333.

Hey could always take the lid off. Use your imagination.

Darn it. Thats what I was afraid of.

Any old HASWELL desktops ya can link too?

You would have to cut off the tops of the expansion slots to accomadate the dvi connector on most cards, not worth it. Plus psu will be 250 - 300W and not have a 6 pin or 8 pin gpu power.

Ebay will be your friend there, a 2nd hand 4770 or 4790 or their K SKU, Z97 LGA1150 Motherboard. EVGA bronse 600W PSU and a cheap case. 1060 6gb or 1050 TI can be had cheap enough, SSDs have never been cheaper. If you dont want over clock support the H81m-P33 motherboards are dirt cheap.

Don’t listen to these dummies. Yes you can absolutely manage this. I did the same with an i7 3770 machine, popped a 1050ti in with the same ram as you. Also 8 is not enough for gaming in 2019, that guy’s retarded, 16 is what you need. You’ll be fine op

You can get up to a GTX 1050ti in SFF, which is a solid mid range card

3770 will need a LGA1155 motherboard, as these have been out of production so long the cost is quite high enough to out do the saving made on the chip.

Lga1150 was in manufacture when the bitcoin boom happened as such many place over stocked on these hoping to bank

just have one of your parents sign up for like a dell credit card with 0% interest, up to like 1-2k and then buy a god damn $900 laptop and pay $25 a week to pay it off over a year.

that or just buy a random $600 gaming pc....save up money....get $250 and throw in a very nice graphics card.

you can get a SFF 1050ti, its dearer the cooling is crap and it will stuggle with that psu, assuming there is even any molex connecters to rig a shitty 6 pin adapter to, the Dell 7010 has on additional sata power and floppy power for example

graphics card most important, processor still slightly important tho, and yes u do need 16gb of ram for some games nowdays.

just buy whatever u can afford, then save up for a better graphics card.

You can get a few that power from the pcie x16 socket, still not worth it tho. you will need to change the bracket first. newegg.com/msi-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-gtx-1050-ti-4gt-lp/p/N82E16814137081?Description=1050 ti sff&cm_re=1050_ti_sff-_-14-137-081-_-Product

You know I forgot HP do 3 SKUs on these. the mid tower the SFF and the USSF, the tower version would slove your problems.

*USFF

>I'm on a budget
save more money and buy better shit.

the only reason to save on a pc is if you won't ever need the specs. if you like nice looking stuff, don't save, it is maybe one of the very few things in life that will cheer you up, that is, buying cool shit

if you don't give a crap about specs, you can buy used shit as well. they normally won't fail so soon (but you never know) and you can get better specs than with new low end pcs

Yeah I think I'll just opt for a 4790k + motherboard combo on EBay.

They are affordable and I already have a PSU, Case, RAM, SSD.

Ebay is a awesome place.

This is spot on. Also, check out facebook posts and shit. People sell gaming computers and part out stuff all the time.