Growing plants. AMA

Growing plants. AMA

Attached: wheresyourcrownkingnothing.jpg (1938x1453, 656K)

No one cares about your $200 Amazon setup faggot you're not that cool.

Attached: 1453930389360.jpg (599x449, 34K)

Thats HPS correct? any experience with LEDs? the heat from my 400watt hps was sketchy as fuck and was thinking of trying LED cause of it. Also what nutes do you use and where can I get good seeds if you’re able to share that with me on here.

hydroponics or aeroponics? :)
Which strain are you growing?

Attached: opium.jpg (1224x800, 322K)

600 watt HPS, I use a 400w Metal Halide when in veg. Not much experience with LEDs. I use GH Flora Duo, cal mag, and Hydroguard. Water is chilled and recirculating. Buckets have a 700 g/h air pump through an air stone. I make my own RO water.

Attached: 1488511211788.png (600x638, 523K)

Hydroponics, self built under current recirculating hydroponic garden.

Attached: 1452288614645.jpg (312x339, 39K)

I'm growing Gelato by King Crop seeds. reliable to ship even if you're in an illegal state. comes in a discrete package. no issues at all.

Attached: 1462746125089.png (632x738, 616K)

Do you find a gram per watt is achievable? Also do you focus on things like PH and PPM? I want to get back into it as I’ve only grown a couple of plants in my past but it just seems meticulous in order to get quality stuff. Mushrooms are so much easier and even catch a higher profit.

I've never accomplished that but I'm sure it's acheivable. For me I dont set my expectations too high. Learn from mistakes and manage the pressure when something serious happens. Have a plan for everything. I keep a generator at the ready if i ever lose power too.

Attached: 1450640233716.gif (320x240, 538K)

backup.exe / 2 month perpeptural cycles where i can yield as much as 5-6 oz per plant.

Attached: tomato.jpg (1088x1452, 140K)

Wish I had something to smoke
And cant start a growing operation because Christmas is so near
Bad times

Attached: SadCowboy.jpg (800x450, 87K)

Attached: images.jpg (290x174, 7K)

Then start planning. Get a pen and paper and sketch what you need. measure stuff. Read, do more reading. growweedeasy.com, read every section

Attached: cacodaemonblowjob.png (169x156, 43K)

I already got everything planned. I just cant start before christmas, because I will drive home for that and will neither take a massive grow tent with me nor will I leave electrical apparati running for two weeks unattended.

Attached: 1575349688977.jpg (474x449, 30K)

are those clones? What kind of rooting agent do you use?

How much will this add to your electricity bill each year?

Attached: 1451237808771s.jpg (250x187, 6K)

Yes, i built an aeroponic cloner with a 5 gallon bucket and put the cuttings in it, hands off no humidity dome or anything and you get roots in 10 days.

Attached: 1417310117148.jpg (462x576, 85K)

not noticably, i have a dedicated 120v 25 watt circut connected and drawing max 1000 with the lights and cooler running but averaging 200 when the lights are off. Very manageable

Attached: funny_picdump_1065_640_45.jpg (450x600, 41K)

What kind of media do you use?

Attached: merged_gifs_are_a_whole_new_world_of_fun_12.gif (350x208, 2M)

just completely regular earth mixed with one third perlite. I dont have a hydroponic system.

noy lst you plants my guy what are you doing!?

bump Sup Forumsro

Attached: 1478966205305.jpg (200x198, 7K)

you got dirt from the ground? that's fucking stupid to bring indoors and grow. you have to sterilize it in an oven and that smells like shit.

fox farm ocean forest or strawberry fields is good. no bugs like miracle gro.

Living soil is where it's at. Don't have to be a slave to nute manufacturers, reuse your medium each cycle, legitimately organic inputs, no run-off, no ph'ing. Work with nature not against it.

Attached: 20190906_230510rs.jpg (3000x1688, 1.95M)

what strain? :3 looking good mate

strawberry nuggets auto from mephisto genetics

OP doesn't know shit.

I'm growing the real shit.

if you plebs even know what these are.

Attached: 0.jpg (1815x1361, 341K)

did you ever have a problem with pests? What did you use to combat them?

Predatory mites and beneficial nematodes keep everything in check. Never had a pest infestation in two years of growing. Oh well, my cat ate a leaf one time, a flick to the ear handled that infestation pretty quickly.

2 month cycle, that’s beautiful

Is that datura?

Carolina Reapers.

A good 3000k quantum board from alibaba is far more efficient than filament bulbs. They produce just enough heat to keep your growing environment at the right level, and can be used from seed to harvest. Don't bother with the UV/red diode options, they'll die out far sooner than the white diodes will.

whats your favorite strain for your personal tastte/kick?
whats your favorite strain for yield?

How is a plant fucking illegal? There are a million different plants that are much more deadly than heroin or crack and kill more people daily. Why is a plant that just makes you feel good a fucking felony? I have no interest in drugs but Jesus fuck it's the dumbest shit

Ok

Where did you get the seeds?

I need me one a those crack plants user dont hold out

King Crop Seeds

Attached: m1qMvIR.jpg (460x332, 53K)

How Are you cloning an auto?

I'm not, and as far as I know it can't be done in the traditional sense like with photoperiods. Not sure why you're asking.

Hope to see it person. Nice setup.

whatever bro, hydroponics increase your yields and potency (proven scientifically)
I don't have to water them every day, just check pH and conductivity once in a while
hydroponics works better for me atleast
>nute manufacturers
what kind of retard uses nutes for hydroponics?
they are probably not even optimized
it is 10 times cheaper to buy the salts, edta fe and acids to make your own media

it isn't where I live
to sell it is

The field a month before harvest.

Attached: 20190911_193203.jpg (3264x2448, 1.77M)

I never have to worry about PH since I got my controller, makes life 100% better. Automation can allow me to leave the plants days at a time.

Attached: 1.jpg (1093x1449, 136K)

Has anyone here ever tried feminizing their own seeds?
I have a question about that.
Remember when you first had to induce male flower in female plants? Is it possible to do that on already feminized plants?
I don't have plants yet but here's some ass

Attached: 747269.gif (540x427, 1.95M)

man that looks expensive
very nice

The free market requires slaves. Luckily due to loopholes in the 13th amendment they can get all the free labor they need.

Respect hydrohomie, I just did basic dwc scrogs but it pulls just enough to get me what I need. May all you anons harvests be bountiful.

OP here, In a low volume system (7 gallons), PH fluctuation happen real quick, which is stressful for the plants. Larger systems compensate for this as more water makes a bigger buffer. By maintaining PH I am creating the best possible environment for nutrient uptake.

Attached: 1417664222545.jpg (3264x2448, 593K)

get a timer newb

>tfw grow plants just for fun, not a fan of the high
>tfw have a sandwich ziplock bag of seeds that I just grow more plants from for seed
Whenever I feel like it I just toss a bunch of seeds into random spots in the city or region surrounding.

good to know man
thanks

Attached: 1534759634785.jpg (1225x1225, 199K)

Attached: 901.gif (400x400, 666K)

Lookin good. How long have you been growing?

Attached: 20191202_161811_s.jpg (1469x2385, 1.93M)

aren't ye scared of a short circuit and fire etc? I'd be paranoid :(

hell
how old is that monster?
also what light was that under of?

A timer is still an electrical apparatus nigga

you're doing the Lords work :)

What kind of water do you guys use?
tap? distilled? filtered? reverse osmosis filtered?

It serves to respect the power you draw and the first place to start is getting a kill-a-watt meter and see what you're drawing. Use appropriately gauged extension cables and organize your shit. make sure nothing else shares your circuit and make sure it's grounded. Feel the cables occasionally and make sure they are not hot for their given draw, above 1000w there will be a little heat at the ends. Use good rated surge protectors and even use a power conditioner like an APC battery backup for computeres, plus they can run your air pump for hours if you lose power, so your plants dont die during a power outage.

Attached: 10-100176_courage-the-cowardly-dog-clipart-courage-the-cowardly.jpg (840x762, 168K)

13 weeks old yesterday. Under a cheap Amazon blurple "2000w" LED. 354w actual draw.

Reverse osmosis, i use a 28 gallon garbage container to store my RO water which is controlled by a float valve so it refills every time i take water out.

>13 weeks
that's amazing
I suck compared to that, mostly because of fucking thrips and other plagues
I hope one day to be as good as that

How do you feel I did with my defoliation at week 3 of flower? This picture was taken immediately after pruning so thats why there's a huge gap in the canopy.

Grow some shrooms faggot. There's tutorials of it on jewtube I used to have a playlist, much funner than lame strand of muh niggerweed. Best part is that growing shrooms isn't actually illegal, since they sell the spores online

>salthead cope
Bigger yields, and higher potency at the cost of what? You are dependent upon on a laboratory putting out proprietary formulas. All my inputs can be made in my kitchen and garden or sourced locally, for far cheaper, so I know exactly what's in my final product. My chelating agent is bacteria made from milk and rice. No need for ph testing when the soil microbes will buffer it on their own. No need for pesticides when there's no pests in the first place because I have a properly balanced IPM in place. Why deconstruct the natural processes when one could harness them instead? Sure it takes a cycle for soil establishment to hit its stride. Bur the soil gets better with age and never needs to be replaced.That's where most turn to other methods because they want immediate results yesterday and don't want to learn the science behind it.

Pretty good, but I'd go even more aggressive. I do major leaf strips 2-3 times throughout flower. If the fan leaf has pushed out the node, it goes. It's done it's job. I let the new node's leaves take over.

Any rhododendrons?

Anvil autoflower

Attached: 20191202_162805_s.jpg (1470x1983, 1.48M)

Sup Forums is too jewy, and the people there are all self hating blacks

>science behind it
bro if you can’t even balance proper ppm levels in a water culture then don’t even talk about science
It’s a simple rule of 3, a highschool dropout could do it

Attached: 33A078299E134AD9B2308C9175659009.jpg (550x498, 59K)